Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E05 - Jordan

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jordan is a vet who was discharge due to an injury and then became an ICU nurse. He lost his marriage, kids and career due to alcohol addiction. 

Edited by TVbitch

Wow, an old fashioned alcoholic! I guess cuz he OD'd on fentanyl he can sneak in here.  He is way far gone, but I feel for him, and yay, thank god Ken is on the case! I love that Ken traveled with him all the way to the rehab. Got a bit teary at his follow-up. What a wonderful facility, and this guy deserves it. Hope he can work out things with his ex without it being contentious. Frankly, I don't blame her for taking the kids away from that, and it seemed like she was being reasonable letting him talk to them every day. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Moved from the fentanyl thread:

In the latest episode, a military veteran/COVID ICU nurse suffers terribly from PTSD and alcoholism. The effect of severe alcoholism on the body, especially the loss of the ability to function physically, is clearly demonstrated. I was expecting to see Jordan's body shut down completely followed by death.

His turnaround was remarkable. I know that being surrounded by other vets in recovery helped him. I hope he thrives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

also moved from the earlier episode thread: 

I did not get to see if Jordan completed the rehab ( training).  My DVR cut off as he was speaking at his 45 day interview.   
I felt so  bad for him and his family.   The last couple of years have been brutal for medical personnel 

• Love 1