Type keyword(s) to search

Night Court Media: Feeling MUCH Better Now…

• Start Topic

MV5BYTUzNzE0Y2YtY2M1Mi00MDcwLWJhN2YtNzdi

(L/R) India de Beaufort, Melissa Rauch, John Larroquette, Kapil Talwalkar, Lacretta

Abby Stone (Melissa Rauch) follows in the footsteps of her revered late father, Judge Harold “Harry” T. Stone (played by Harry Anderson in the original), as she takes on the challenge of overseeing the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court. Abby always sees the best in people, and her passion for justice is undeniable. In her quest to bring order and dignity to the court and reign in its colorful crew of oddballs, she enlists former night court district attorney Dan Fielding (John Larroquette) to serve as the court's public defender from his former post as a prosecutor. Still exceedingly self-confident, Fielding must adjust to a new boss and a new job – defending the downtrodden. And, beneath his arrogant demeanor, there is an empathetic side to Fielding that Abby is determined to unearth.
MV5BOTZlNjdiNmEtNTk2Mi00OWM3LTlhYjgtOTRj

Ana Villafañe is Monica, the court’s assistant district attorney, a prosecutor who gets replaced by Olivia after the pilot episode.

Olivia (India de Beaufort) is the court's officious assistant district attorney. Driven and ambitious, a Type A personality, superficial and tightly wound. Olivia sees the night court as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. She's above this place and all the people in it, but it's a good way to get some courtroom experience under her belt. It's all part of her plan to land a job at one of the big firms. Thirty will be here before she knows it, and if she's not wildly successful by then… well, it's best not to think about it.

Neil (Kapil Talwalkar) is the court's neurotic clerk who loved that his job came with low expectations. That is until a new idealistic judge showed up looking to push him out of his comfort zone.

Donna "Gurgs" Gurganos (Lacretta), the night court's sharp-witted bailiff, big-hearted, intense, and not big on boundaries, but she takes her job way too seriously, gets easily riled up, and is fiercely protective of her night court colleagues. She lives with multiple large dogs in a small Bay Ridge apartment. 
night-court-2023-screen-rant-first-look.

Nikolai (Dimiter Marinov) is the court's maintenance man. A staple character within the building, Nikolai pops up in the day-to-day lives of the crew. He's a mystery to everyone around the courthouse (and he likes it that way).

The preliminary ratings are in for the 2-episode premiere: The first episode got a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo with 7.393 million viewers; the second episode got a 0.9 in the demo and 6.748 million viewers. Rather impressive given the current ratings environment and NBC's current ratings difficulties. There were some repeats among the competition but both episodes were top of the night

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DanaK said:

The preliminary ratings are in for the 2-episode premiere: The first episode got a 1.0 in the 18-49 demo with 7.393 million viewers; the second episode got a 0.9 in the demo and 6.748 million viewers. Rather impressive given the current ratings environment and NBC's current ratings difficulties. There were some repeats among the competition but both episodes were top of the night

I would warrant that a lot of the original show’s fans tuned in to see the new version.  Will be interesting to see how much of it they are able to retain.  Hopefully at least half.

Had to say I love the title of this thread. "I'm feeling much better now" is something hubby and I still say to each other all the time. And John Astin is still alive and kicking (well, maybe not kicking😂), maybe Abby could meet him when he escapes from whatever home he's in😂😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Just a warning to people, this is spoilery.  I think they assumed next week's episode was to be aired tonight (or NBC swapped the airing order, although the title they give matched tonight's episode but the description matches next week).  And they talk a little about some dynamics that will be folding out over the rest of the season that I hadn't picked up on yet.

But it is a good article as long as you know that.

The preliminary ratings for the 3rd episode held up pretty well from the 2-episode premiere, earning 0.7 in the 18-49 demo and 5 million viewers. It won its timeslot and the night on the demo, though CBS programs overtook it on viewers

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Claire85 said:

I saw one of his first roles on Three's Company on Pluto TV. He played a cop who was investigating as Jack was trying to break in to his apartment.

I recall him later saying in some other interview how, in one scene, he took off the police cap so he would get at least a chance to be noticed on screen. He was. He was as weird/wacky there as Jack, Janet, and Chrissy, but it worked. (I also recall reading that he and John Ritter bonded over The Beatles between scenes. A line from "And In The End" is also on John Ritter's grave marker.)

• Like 1

It's this one:

https://www.avclub.com/john-larroquette-1798214118

Three's Company (1979)—"Cop"

JL: Two things about that were fun: I got to meet John [Ritter] and we became close friends. I found out at that time that we shared a rather obsessive compulsion with The Beatles. So we traded a lot of anecdotes about the Beatles and tried to stump each other with questions, which was fun. He and I got along well. And the other, which proves what a true thespian I am—there's one scene where John is breaking a window, and the cop runs in. I grab him and we exchange lines, the gist of which is "You're living here with these two beautiful women and you're trying to break out? You're crazy!" But it occurred to me that sitcoms are all lit from above, because there are four cameras working, so there are no lights on the floor looking directly at you, like there are in movies. And walking into this apartment with a cop's hat on, nobody's ever going to see my face. So I had to figure out a way to get my hat off. And this is all completely selfish and premeditated. So inside my hat, I've written the Miranda rights. So I take my hat off and tell him, "You have the right to remain silent." So my hat is off for the remainder of the scene, which allows you to see my face and my confidence, as it were. Had I not thought of that, it would have just been this hated cop figure for 30 seconds or whatever, and no one would have really known who he was. Being the man that I am, I had to find a way to make sure my entire face was shown. If anybody complained about it, I would have said, "You know what, the cop doesn't remember the thing…" but they were like, "Oh, that's funny."

• Like 3

Article about the show that references the “Dan’s Operation” episodes from the original run. 

There's an episode, one of my favorites, and we even spoke about it in the pitch, the "Dan Operation" episode. It's a beautiful, beautiful scene between him and Harry Stone, Harry Anderson who played him. He talks about how he's been with all these women. Even though he's had all these experiences with women, no one has ever said "I love you," and that is truly what he wanted.

https://screenrant.com/night-court-revival-dan-fielding-role-details/

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

Dammit, Comcast, why do you only keep eps of the new Night Court in your On Demand area for a couple days?🤬

Because they want you to watch it on Peacock 🙄, which they will soon be charging you for 😡

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, chitowngirl said:

Because they want you to watch it on Peacock 🙄, which they will soon be charging you for 😡

The funny thing is, I think I'm sppsd to get Peacock free with Comcast. 😆

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

The funny thing is, I think I'm sppsd to get Peacock free with Comcast. 😆

You do, but that is ending this summer and they will be charging for it, because people aren’t cutting the cord enough as it is 🙄 This will cut ANY ties I have for keeping Xfinity and am looking at cheaper alternatives.

Xfinity subscribers losing free Peacock

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

You do, but that is ending this summer and they will be charging for it, because people aren’t cutting the cord enough as it is 🙄 This will cut ANY ties I have for keeping Xfinity and am looking at cheaper alternatives.

Xfinity subscribers losing free Peacock

That sucks.  I have Comcast/Xfinity.  Peacock premium is only $4.99 a month, not that I'll want to pay that because I never watched it anyway.

• Like 1
On 2/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, chitowngirl said:

I looked again last night and they're all back, but I'm in no hurry since it says they're staying until 2024. 🤔

TV Shows Affected By The WGA Strike: ‘Night Court’, ‘Cobra Kai’, ‘Yellowjackets’, ‘Abbott Elementary’, More – Update

NIGHT COURT

According to sources, NBC’s Night Court is currently in production on its second season. The sitcom is off this week but was supposed to resume filming next week, sources tell Deadline. As a multi-camera comedy, that is impossible without writers given the amount of tweaks done ahead and during taping, so the series is expected to go dark for the time being.  

• Like 1

I was shocked to see he was 80 years old. I don’t know how he would’ve kept up with any kind of filming schedule, especially having been off the stage for a while.