Type keyword(s) to search

Love Island Season 4 - 2022

• Start Topic

I’m watching! Not always live, depends on if SO is in the room with me or not. He’s not a fan. I am not invested in anybody yet. I wanted to like Deb but she is so clingy already. Same with Sereniti. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

I’m watching! Not always live, depends on if SO is in the room with me or not. He’s not a fan. I am not invested in anybody yet. I wanted to like Deb but she is so clingy already. Same with Sereniti. 

I'm liking Zeta, Courtney, and I'm liking the guys - James, definitely, and Timmy and maybe even Felipe.  Although, I don't really mind any of the women.

I hate Andy. 

I feel so bad about Matthew Hoffman.  I started following him on Instagram.

I've seen online complaints about Sarah Hyland, but I actually like her.  I was not an Arielle fan.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I thought Sarah was too over the top, but that may be due to her wardrobe and hair, I don’t know. She wasn’t Arielle or Laura, so maybe that’s my problem. I am used to Iain, but I did enjoy the different Matthew version too. 

The language and the outfits both got more daring moving to streaming! 

Felipe feels like a Davide to me at this point (current season UK). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I've only seen the first episode, have to catch up with the second.  Not enjoying the potty mouths.

Maybe the producers coached them to drop a lot of F bombs to send the message "we're not a network show anymore".  Hopefully that will ease off once the season gets going.  I don't notice F bombs as much on the UK show...I guess they don't seem so forced.  

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Maybe the producers coached them to drop a lot of F bombs to send the message "we're not a network show anymore".  Hopefully that will ease off once the season gets going.  I don't notice F bombs as much on the UK show...I guess they don't seem so forced.  

Definitely a different "vibe" to this season with the F bombs and the full posterior nudity of the women.  So, if it doesn't bother them . . . .  Just feels different from past seasons. 

Edited by DoYouLikeMutton
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I just watched the first episode.  I'm trying to keep an open mind, but my initial impressions aren't great.   Not loving the new host, voice-over guy, and . . . cheapness (?) feel of the production.   It all seems a bit second rate.    But, I will keep watching, as these show ultimately come down to what I think of the contestants, and I don't have a good feel for that yet.  

And, ouch.  Are those swimsuits comfortable?   I would be constantly worried about showing too much/waxing issues.  

• Love 3

This version definitely feels sleazier than the flagship show. I'm far from prudish (absolutely love the companion series of FBoy Island), but there's something I find icky about watching a contestant talk about finding "love" while exposing the pale skin under her recently-waxed pubic area in a "swimsuit" that looks like an elastic band for exercising.

But that's not enough to keep me from watching. Now, the loss of Matt Hoffman might be. Nothing against the new announcer, but he in no way has the same wit and panache of Matt, who made this show.

Sarah Hyland is okay as a cute, bubbly host, but she lacks the gravitas of Arielle. (And I can't believe I'm using the word "gravitas" when discussing Love Island.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The announcer is apparently the Love Island UK guy right?  His accent reminds me so much of Alan Cumming's.

Matthew Hoffman was so endearing and funny.  That's the only difference I care about with this new version and it's the only thing I dislike.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

Does anyone here know why Matthew and Arielle are no longer with the show this season?

Love Island USA was always on CBS.

Now it's on NBC's streaming service, Peacock, and they have their own ideas about host and announcers.

They are using Sarah Hyland as host, the guy from Love Island UK as the announcer.

https://www.eonline.com/ca/photos/34769/peacocks-love-island-usa-everything-we-know

Another aspect that will remain the same? Original U.K. narrator, Scottish comedian Iain Stirling, will also voice Peacock's version.

Will there Be Another Season?

Yes! Peacock announced earlier this year that Love Island USA would get two more seasons with 80 episodes in total.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

What in the heck is this?  I have watched all previous seasons and was so excited to watch another.  I love trash TV as much as anyone and wasn’t expecting much but I couldn’t even make it through the first episode before turning it off. The forced F bombs were so unnecessary and out of place. The swimming suits were ridiculous!!!  I realized what used to be a guilty pleasure had become absolutely annoying and was just too much. I’m out!

Edited by Ih8kody
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Ih8kody said:

What in the heck is this?  I have watched all precious seasons and was so excited to watch another.  I love trash TV as much as anyone and wasn’t expecting much but I couldn’t even make it through the first episode before turning it off. The forced F bombs were so unnecessary and out of place. The swimming suits were ridiculous!!!  I realized what used to be a guilty pleasure had become absolutely annoying and was just too much. I’m out!

I've watched all three episodes, and I agree.  It seems a lot sleazier than the CBS version of the show.  Relationships aren't evolving naturally, either.  It seems like everything's gotten the FF button.  

• Love 2

I just finished streaming season 1 of Love Island Australia, and it was addictive and amazing. This one is OK.

I agree about unnecessary F bombs, and the butts-out bikinis. Kids these days. Unfortunately, that's the fashion in swimwear, though like tube tops and leggings, it does some women no favors

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think it's funny that people are acting like Love Island was a church show up until now.  I think you guys are forgetting how it was.  It was always super raunchy.  Yeah, now you can hear the curses, but I don't know, it doesn't phase me at all.  I've seen cable, HBO, movies, etc. so...  I don't know!  I don't get the big deal.

I find it more unnatural to hear the bleep or to hear the sound completely cut out, like it does on Big Brother.  This is just people speaking to each other uncensored.  I notice curses more in something like "Only Murders in the Building" where it can come off forced because it's so obviously written into the scene because they can swear on Hulu.  This is just natural conversation.  I don't really ever notice a lot of swearing.

Tonight's recoupling ceremony went exactly how I wanted it to.

I watch this on Crave and it's an awesome perk to not have to fast forward through commercials, but the funny thing is the announcer still says "We'll be right back" then it jumps immediately to the next scene.  I forget to not fast forward through the non-existent commercials every single time.

Another thing:  Sarah Hyland is basically non-existent on this show.  We've seen her what, twice?  I'm not complaining, I don't think she's really necessary.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

The hosts were rarely seen on any of the installments (except maybe Series 1 of Love Island UK with Caroline Flack).  They come on the first show for the initial coupling, then usually after Casa Amor is over, and near the finals.  Maybe a couple of recouplings/evictions, but it's not super often.  I like that, for the most part.  Iain works the hardest of all of them (that you see/hear).

I had wished somewhat that Tyler and Isaiah had switched places.  We probably would have seen a different exit (Mady versus Valerie).

I was worried about who Tyler would pick, but upon my Twitter review, several people pointed out that he has a lot of Black friends, so it wasn't just for the cameras/popularity, necessarily, that he picked Sereniti. 

So Andy is going to be the Jeremy of this season, changing partners pretty much every chance.  I'm not mad about that.

I voted for Jesse and Deb to go on dates with the new people - I don't feel Jesse is a loyal guy, and I think Deb needs to see that sooner rather than later.  But it's still early days for everybody, although Timmy/Zeta seem pretty hard to split apart.

• Love 2

This has been one of me and my husband's favorite trash shows since COVID, but the first week of this season was almost unbearable. These may actually be the dumbest and most difficult to understand group of reality show contestants I've ever seen. Is the new Tarzan guy (forgot his name already) the only one of the entire group that has graduated college too? Deb may actually be my favorite girl personality-wise, and she had to count on her fingers to subtract 2 from 7. Not even exaggerating- she did this in the talking head after one of the games where James (her guy interest) kissed all 7 girls. We'll probably watch this week too, but if they don't get some more brain cells into the mix, we might be out. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2022 at 2:02 PM, ctmd said:

Not even exaggerating- she did this in the talking head after one of the games where James (her guy interest) kissed all 7 girls. 

Her guy is Jesse.

Sereniti graduated college, and got a boob job as a reward from her parents. She also said she has 3 degrees, so I expect at least a master's is in there, which I think makes her a great fit for Ph.D.-bound Taylor. I definitely thought he had better conversations with her.

Speaking of boobs, and boob-jobs, I was surprised to hear Sereniti say hers were fake. They look so natural, especially compared to the blow-up balloons sported by Courtney. i get the itch to pop them, they look so weird. But the guys love them, I'm sure....

• LOL 1

I wish Courtney or Sydney were up instead of Zeta, honestly.  Courtney brings nothing to the table except big boobs and an annoying voice.  Sydney just cries too much; it's annoying.  (I am going through some things personally in real life, so I cry a lot too; Love Island is my escapism show, not crying show.)  For the boys, honestly, Isaiah annoyed me yesterday, so I would be okay with him leaving (the "bro" and the over the top drama.  Although, Jesse or Timmy could also leave.

I worry for Zeta because of her antics immediately prior to the surprise elimination ("kick rocks") and the insulting Timmy over the courtyard earlier.  She may be in more trouble than I wish she was.  But I also don't want to lose Tyler, who is so pretty and may actually have a personality and brain in him.  (But I see Twitter will riot if Zeta is the one kicked off because of back to back female eliminations, plus other issues.)

At least this season is interesting.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Week 2 of this show is soooo much better than week 1. 

Current Faves: Sereniti, Tyler, Chazz, Bria, and Timmy

Can't go away fast enough for me: Isaih and Sydney. Sydney is orange, and her lips are not only crazy, but she also seems to lipstick outside the lines like a toddler. and WTF is she wearing? in every scene she looks like a bad TV prostitute to me! Isaiah is just angry bad news. They're on a dating show where everyone makes out with everyone else. Sydney did not pick herself to couple up with what's his face (Andy). But Isaiah and his "you got something to tell me?" over and over and over again, while Andy is like "I have no idea what you're mad at besides me picking Sydney, but you already know I did that"- if you want to confront someone on something, just tell them what you're confronting him on. Trying to make someone guess at what they did that you got mad at is juvenile and ineffective. 

Middle of the road: Felipe and Courtney are non-entities with no drama. I like them both, but zzzz..... Deb is actually pretty cute, but Jesse just rubs me wrong.... Zeta- she seems reactive, but with insight. I didn't like how she called out Timmy and walked off, but I did like how she caught herself and came to him to say she had behaved badly without anyone else calling her out on it (that we saw) or without a big fallout between them. 

(and Andy and Madi- I forget they existed until i went back to edit something about sydney!!)

For the elimination, I think it would be best for Zeta to go, because I don't think anyone is interested in her, and several are interested in Tyler. For ratings, Zeta might be better to stay for the drama she'll bring. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Images of Tyler's transformation from his Instagram:   @tradz47

Wow wow wow.  I had to check out his Insta for myself.  Honestly, he looks great both ways, but what a difference. I would have never figured him for a college football player before.  He slimmed down so much!  Thanks for sharing!

• Love 1
(edited)

In the real world, I think Zeta is sooooooo out of Timmy's league.  But like Bria said, she's insecure, so it's like she doesn't get that at all.  I love Timmy's personality, but the looks, I don't get it.  I guess that's why they match because Zeta is the opposite, Lol.

Also, Jesse kind of looks like the third sibling to Bria and Chazz sometimes, LOL.  I often forget that Chazz and Bria are even related.  Like, oh they're not staring at each other in jealousy - that's sibling digust.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
1 hour ago, yourdreamer said:

I didn’t like Chazz and Sereniti together particularly but that speech tonight was cruel. 

I don't think Sereniti ever cared about Chazz until tonight - but you're right.   What a shock.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

I didn’t like Chazz and Sereniti together particularly but that speech tonight was cruel. 

I'm calling editing shenanigans.  Chazz mentioned his connection with the 'girl' since he first got there. That could only be Sereniti that he chose.  His 'get over here Kat' was probably just to say goodbye.   

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I'm calling editing shenanigans.  Chazz mentioned his connection with the 'girl' since he first got there. That could only be Sereniti that he chose.  His 'get over here Kat' was probably just to say goodbye.   

Very, very good point!   Chazz's speech made no sense if he was going to select Kat..  They always show the person getting dumped from the island receiving their good-bye text.  This time, they just ended the episode.  Hmmmmm.

Pet peeve:  Every time they show the back of Sydney's head and the tracks (is that the right word?) of her hair extensions are completely obvious.

I guess Deb and Jesse are my favorites at this point.  Is it "true love"? -- highly doubtful, but they don't annoy me.  Chazz seems okay.  I actually hope Sereneti really is leaving.  I couldn't care less about Zeta and Timmy.  Isaiah just seems young.  Courtney....what can I say?  She comes off as definitely not a mental giant.  

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Suzysite said:

I'm calling editing shenanigans. 

I thought so too until the ladies brought up how weird his speech was and that they were shocked when he ended it picking Kat cause it didn't mesh with what he was saying as it sounded like he was talking about Sereniti. 

I didn't think Sereniti was in to Chazz, especially after some of his really immature answers during Perfect Match, but I didn't like the way he went about things the day of the recoupling. Chazz was making his own side of the bed & cooking Kat breakfast then later reassuring Sereniti that he was invested in her. Too bad Jeff didn't pick Sereniti over Nadjha cause Nadjha already crying over wanting Isaiah and I don't understand that at all. 

I did enjoy Sereniti's goodbye handshake and parting words to Chazz. I don't think Kat is really in to Chazz either but he was a gullible way in to the villa for her to now focus on Isaiah or any casa amor guy. I like this turnabout for Chazz. 

• Love 1

I'm always going to root for the Black women on dating shows cause there's so much misogynoir at play in these shows so Zeta has my full support. I also like Deb although I wish she had a stronger backbone about Jesse. Sydney is eh... I don't like or dislike her but I wish she would cry less and be less aggressive in her lipstick / lip gloss choices. Mady and Courtney are just there; not adding to the show but not detracting either. I find Jared really hot tho him being another guy just wanting any blonde made me RME (and I say that as a blonde). Outside of Jared, the guys are meh to bleh for me. 

(edited)
On 8/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, MMLEsq said:

Courtney....what can I say?  She comes off as definitely not a mental giant.  

I think part of it is an act.  I think she's smarter than she lets on, and she does it on purpose.  Basically her whole look and personality is designed for male attention, so that's why she is like that.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:28 AM, Chick2Chic said:

I don't think Kat is really in to Chazz either but he was a gullible way in to the villa for her to now focus on Isaiah or any casa amor guy. I like this turnabout for Chazz. 

Isaiah has made it clear he has no attraction to Kat though; I hope he's telling the truth.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:33 AM, Chick2Chic said:

I also like Deb although I wish she had a stronger backbone about Jesse. 

I actually really really like Jesse.  How attractive you find Jared (I had no idea that's his name) is how I feel about Isaiah.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I could have sworn that during the previews, they showed a "Most Fake Couple" award, but that award was never presented, was it?  I have often wondered how they could prevent a couple from agreeing early on to "fake it" in order to hopefully win the money...especially since $50,000 each would seem to be a lot of money for most of these people, many of which don't really seem to have real jobs.

Somehow I don't think the 0 for 3 seasons with respect to the number of couples that are still together outside the villa is in danger of being broken this season...

I wonder why the UK version has been somewhat successful at spawning lasting couples while US hasn’t. (UK has several couples married with kids.) Maybe the shorter seasons? Or just how US casts versus UK. 

I hope Chazz is going home tonight. Don’t care about the girls. I am not mad Courtney is in the bottom because of how she did Felipe. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

I'm glad that the Casa Amor men are hot.  Last season of Temptation Island, for example, the men were so ugly.  I couldn't even bear to finish the season.  

The women of Casa Amor though, um.  They uh..............  I don't find them attractive at all compared to the OG girls.  Like Zeta is a goddess, first off.

Anyway, I of course feel bad for Felipe and Bryce.

Mady has a heart of gold and it's fun to get 100% confirmation in real time that someone is not just looking for fame.

Some of these people are disgusting.  Deb admitting that she never showers and Chad showing up in a stained turtleneck?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
(edited)
2 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Deb and Jesse are my favorite couple, and I just cannot explain it. Very disappointed in Bryce leaving. Should have been Chazz. Now he has all the fun available to him. Sheesh. 

I'm really surprised that they kept Chazz?  Why does he deserve to stay over Bryce?  Bryce wouldn't kiss Courtney enough so he goes home?   WTF?  

Courtney should have asked Zeta what woman they were planning on sending home!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

I had some disappointments last night with some of the picks. Knew Isaiah would stray, surprised with how Jeff decided to want Nadjha, and knew Deb would pick Kyle, who studies what she wasn’t getting and delivered on that (read some gross stuff about him on Twitter so I am not a fan of Kyle; Jesse is fine with me). 

1.  They sent Kyle home quietly.

2.  They didn't even give Zeta and Timmy food on their so-called date.  They didn't even let them wash their hands after playing in dirt before giving them wine.  EYEROLL.

3.  Three of the women from Casa Amor have the same face almost.  The two that came over and a third one that they left back there.  They all kinda look like Meadow Soprano lol.

4.  I feel like I should dislike Kat but nothing she does makes me dislike her.  I don't know.  The men don't seem interested in her.  I wonder if it's because of the eating on camera thing.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

1.  They sent Kyle home quietly.

2.  They didn't even give Zeta and Timmy food on their so-called date.  They didn't even let them wash their hands after playing in dirt before giving them wine.  EYEROLL.

3.  Three of the women from Casa Amor have the same face almost.  The two that came over and a third one that they left back there.  They all kinda look like Meadow Soprano lol.

4.  I feel like I should dislike Kat but nothing she does makes me dislike her.  I don't know.  The men don't seem interested in her.  I wonder if it's because of the eating on camera thing.

Kyle made such a great impression. The stuff I've read about him is scary though. Deb dodged a bullet (or a roofy), and now doesn't have to be "tortured" about who to choose. 

I TOTALLY agree about the 3 Casa Amor girls. Even funnier is that 2 are from NY, and one from NJ, and my husband keeps pointing out the wrong one as being from NJ. I thought the 3 of them were similar to Kat from the villa also, so it's funny that Chazz seems to have shown interest in all 4 of the them. He certainly has a type. 

Kat is adorable and bubbly, but she seems like a little "too much." not drama, like plastic orange sydney, but like a little sister with ADHD. I checked out one of her mukbang videos and it was super disappointing from what I expected. She didn't come close to finishing, was completely neat eating also. It really was just like sharing a meal with someone, not the messy binge I had expected. 

• Love 1

Where did all the Primetimers who used to discuss Love Island USA go?   Sorry this show garnered such a sleepy discussion response this season in this forum. 

Just some observations:  There seems to be a lot of producer-induced situations created.  With the exception of a couple of irritants, it's a less interesting season.   Why did they bring Mackenzie in so late in the season?  She should have come in earlier, with Kat and Nadjha or at Casa Amore.  I am surprised she's still here having been thrown into the mix so late with no time to get a connection and only a couple of guys in which to connect with.

Enjoy the rest of the show!  

• Like 1
  • Love 2