Type keyword(s) to search

The Terminal List Book Series: Compare & Contrast

• Start Topic

I waited until after seeing the series to read the book. I am glad I did because I viewed them as two different works. 

As a series, this was quite enjoyable.I have often wondered how our trained military feel about domestic terrorists. We train them and encourage them to defend the country, but sometimes those doing the most harm are US citizens and not foreign terrorists. I once had a conversation about this with my cousin who served.

The book was far superior, but as a reader I haven’t ever felt a book was inferior. I liked the way some of the deaths were handled in the book better, but creative concessions had to be made.

I like that Reece killed Ben on the boat in the series. The scene was well acted and played wonderfully on screen. The book had Ben dying at Hartley’s house along with Horn. When I got to that chapter, I didn’t feel disappointment at all that it varied from the series. Ben kidnapped Katie to try and manipulate Reece. I think it was easier for Reece to kill Ben in the book versus the series. Although Ben was dying either way because of his involvement and financial benefit. 

I hope we will be getting further series as Carr has written five books. His writing is bogged down a bit by details, but I am sure it is more for the benefit of those who know the differences in Glocks. I tended to skim past them otherwise I would have spent too much time researching. The storylines are good though and make for nice adaptions to screen. Hopefully, next time they will brighten things up just a bit. Sucks having to wait until night to watch. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, AnalyzeAndCritique said:

The book had Ben dying at Hartley’s house along with Horn. When I got to that chapter, I didn’t feel disappointment at all that it varied from the series. Ben kidnapped Katie to try and manipulate Reece.

Geez. Definitely glad they made the changes they did for the show, then. 

Ben wasn’t as prominent in the book. He was more sympathetic in the series (could be the FNL nostalgia talking). He provided Reece good intel, but didn’t participate in most of the action. The twist at the end of the book with Hartley, Horn, and Ben waiting on him with a kidnapped Katie was shocking even knowing from the series he was bad. Katie never confronted Hartley like in the series so her presence wasn’t as prominent either.  They developed Ben and Katie for the series which was a good directorial decision. We get to know Reece through Katie and Ben provides the brotherhood which helps us understand why Reece sought revenge for the other SEALs in addition to his family. 

• Like 1