Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

I really don't see this whole "two bachelorettes" thing going well. I thought it would be a mess the second it got introduced and nothing so far has proved otherwise. Its not even a fun mess, its mostly just awkward and I feel like its going to get even more awkward as we go forward. Its like watching a love triangle that has morphed into a love hexagon. At least this week the guys just got roses not from any particular woman, I am not looking forward to the awkwardness of the guys refusing roses. Maybe it will get better when they more figure out how this will work? 

I can understand going with your gut, sometimes people just don't vibe and you can tell right away, but I feel like the ladies might be a bit hung up on the "love at first sight" feeling or having an instant spark, or "connection" as we have heard a thousand times already. Sometimes it takes a minute to figure out how well you fit with someone, especially in the bizarre hyper reality of the Bachelorette. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

I really don't see this whole "two bachelorettes" thing going well. I thought it would be a mess the second it got introduced and nothing so far has proved otherwise. Its not even a fun mess, its mostly just awkward and I feel like its going to get even more awkward as we go forward. Its like watching a love triangle that has morphed into a love hexagon. At least this week the guys just got roses not from any particular woman, I am not looking forward to the awkwardness of the guys refusing roses. Maybe it will get better when they more figure out how this will work? 

I can understand going with your gut, sometimes people just don't vibe and you can tell right away, but I feel like the ladies might be a bit hung up on the "love at first sight" feeling or having an instant spark, or "connection" as we have heard a thousand times already. Sometimes it takes a minute to figure out how well you fit with someone, especially in the bizarre hyper reality of the Bachelorette. 

Yeah . For me it seems like Rachel needs to be in love at first sight and she already has her winner picked . Gabby seems more open to getting to know everyone and besides her constant head nodding which seems like she couldn’t care less what the guy is saying  , she’s willing to have conversation and get to know people . Even on Clayton’s season , I found it odd That all Rachel wanted to do was make out every 2 seconds . She grabbed him constantly . She’s not very interested in conversation . I’m half surprised she hasn’t planted a big one on gabby yet . 

why is this chat so short ? Used to be 10 pages by now . 

• Love 7

I actually agree with Chris. If I were 40 years younger and a contestant on this show, I would want a connection with someone that makes them not want to have sex with anyone but me. I think that is really all Chris meant. But everyone turns it into a control thing, a body autonomy thing, a choice thing. 

Sure, just because every person can have sex with anyone they want, I want them to want only me, because they love me and want our relationship to be special. There are many ways to say it. If that isn't how the other person feels, sure they can go sleep with someone else but I wouldn't be standing on the sidelines saying I am ok with it. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I find this group of guys to be the most unattractive that I can remember on any season . I can’t find one that I’m like , oh he’s cute . Anyone else surprised by the lack of eye candy ? 

I feel bad for Rachel because it seems more of the guys are going to gravitate toward Gabby . When the girls stand next to each other , Rachel looks so stumpy next to her . I do love that Rachel has an average size body and isn’t stick thin like all of the other leads before her . It just sucks that she has to be pitted against a girl who’s probably a size 2 because It can’t feel good to have to feel like you’re constantly competing with that .

On week 1, I asked my husband which girl he preferred. He says Rachel, there is something very nice about her face. Though they are both gorgeous. I thought he would like Gabby better, but 30 years with the guy, I know nothing. It was early in the show, he had nothing but their looks to go on. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

It's clear that Nayte loves his daughter, however, someone should probably remind Gabby that there is a reason he is no longer with the mother.  

They might have been too young to make a lifetime commitment. People are doing things differently these days. He is still firmly in the child's life, unlike many fathers.

• Love 8

I think with Chris that it wasn't just the fantasy suite talk, it was his cockiness at being sure he'd get to final 4 with someone, and sounding very competitive (very wrong reasons to acknowledge that out loud).

He sounded like he had this in the bag with one of them (don't know who, because he hasn't picked one to hone in on) and then talked about love and commitment while saying he wouldn't necessarily tell this person he was supposed to be connected with that it was a dealbreaker if she slept with others. Shady. Glad he's gone. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I think with Chris that it wasn't just the fantasy suite talk, it was his cockiness at being sure he'd get to final 4 with someone, and sounding very competitive (very wrong reasons to acknowledge that out loud).

He sounded like he had this in the bag with one of them (don't know who, because he hasn't picked one to hone in on) and then talked about love and commitment while saying he wouldn't necessarily tell this person he was supposed to be connected with that it was a dealbreaker if she slept with others. Shady. Glad he's gone. 

Yes I agree, you explain this well. Chris didn't express it right. He (like most of us) probably isn't a good fit for this show. The thing I didn't like was him returning to the house to ask who ratted him out. He should have just figured it isn't meant to be, and he's outta here.

Edited by TVMovieBuff
  • Love 2

This two bachelorette thing is going to get very messy very soon. Gabby is probably a better bachelorette than Rachel because she is less intense and more at ease speaking to the contesticles. She also seems fun, and like she is smarter than she wants people to believe she is. Rachel seems very nice, but she reminds me of Andi Dorfman in her mopiness and intensity. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rlc said:

This two bachelorette thing is going to get very messy very soon. Gabby is probably a better bachelorette than Rachel because she is less intense and more at ease speaking to the contesticles. She also seems fun, and like she is smarter than she wants people to believe she is. Rachel seems very nice, but she reminds me of Andi Dorfman in her mopiness and intensity. 

Agreed!! Also: Gaby is a much better/sexier dresser than Rachel! What Rachel wore to the post-group date party looked like an office dress gone "sexy."  Drab olive green shirt dress for a cocktail party--what was she thinking?  And the red sequined mini with spaghetti straps she wore to the one on one with the guy she dumped did her no favors, nor did her makeup.  Also: Gaby is about five years older than Rachel and a heck of a lot more sophisticated.  She can handle these guys and keep things light (manic nodding aside, though that combined with the joker grin probably works on them and she knows it), while Rachel is in it for LOVE.  I am already worried for Rachel.

• Love 4

Rachel just comes across very fake to me.  Like every word she says is planned.  It’s not that I think she’s fake in real life, I just think she has no spontanaity with the cameras around.  She sounds like a teacher in front of her class.  

I agree that the red dress was not flattering on her at all, nor was the cocktail party dress with the cutout in the back.  And why do these parties seem so short?  There are two of them, each guy should at least be able to talk to one of them in the time allowed.  How much time does this “drama” take up?  Or is it that they have to re-film it multiple times so it takes up half the night. 

• Love 3

Rachel seems stuck in her head and to want something instant, Jordan was nice. Sad to see him go.

Gaby seems to handle being the Bachelorette better.

The Chris walking back in and then them interrupting while showing the camera crews amd crowd was funny.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Rachel just comes across very fake to me.  Like every word she says is planned.  It’s not that I think she’s fake in real life, I just think she has no spontanaity with the cameras around.  She sounds like a teacher in front of her class.  

I agree that the red dress was not flattering on her at all, nor was the cocktail party dress with the cutout in the back.  And why do these parties seem so short?  There are two of them, each guy should at least be able to talk to one of them in the time allowed.  How much time does this “drama” take up?  Or is it that they have to re-film it multiple times so it takes up half the night. 

the illusion netting on the black cocktail party dress she wore to the rose ceremony was TRAGIC.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I actually agree with Chris. If I were 40 years younger and a contestant on this show, I would want a connection with someone that makes them not want to have sex with anyone but me. I think that is really all Chris meant. But everyone turns it into a control thing, a body autonomy thing, a choice thing. 

Sure, just because every person can have sex with anyone they want, I want them to want only me, because they love me and want our relationship to be special. There are many ways to say it. If that isn't how the other person feels, sure they can go sleep with someone else but I wouldn't be standing on the sidelines saying I am ok with it. 

What was objectionable was to be thinking and talking about fantasy suites (meaning SEX) so early in the game.  He was trying to make a comparison to the Bachelor season Rachel and Gabby came from.  But, when there are still nearly 30 guys, Chris got too far ahead of himself.  The show is still at the point where the guys are talking about how beautiful the Bachelorettes are, and he jumped ahead to sex and his rules."

I think the action that showed Chris at his worst was when he came back to the house and started demanding that certain guys gather to listen to him and answer his questions. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

What was objectionable was to be thinking and talking about fantasy suites (meaning SEX) so early in the game.  He was trying to make a comparison to the Bachelor season Rachel and Gabby came from.  But, when there are still nearly 30 guys, Chris got too far ahead of himself.  The show is still at the point where the guys are talking about how beautiful the Bachelorettes are, and he jumped ahead to sex and his rules."

I think the action that showed Chris at his worst was when he came back to the house and started demanding that certain guys gather to listen to him and answer his questions. 

forget the subject, it was his manner of speaking in such an arrogant , rude way. OMG I have worked for people like him and they are a nightmare. UGH.

• Love 8

I agree that this season's bachelors are not as hot as in previous seasons, but Jacob (the Fabio guy) is my favorite and running a close second was Jordan V.  I really liked him.  What is wrong with Rachel? Let him stick around for Gabby and maybe you, Rachel!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/18/2022 at 8:24 PM, tennisgurl said:

What is with this show and it’s creepy stripper shows? I’ve been to frat parties with more dignity than this. 

This!  Every season for the past 3 or more, the show has had insanely demeaning nudity-related "fun" group dates for the men.  If it were the other way around, and the women were required to be nude or nearly nude, there would be an uproar the likes of which the Twitterverse has never seen and would make the Chris Harrison dustup look like small potatoes.  But because it's being done to men, it's not just OK, it's great?  Bullsh*t. 

And Rachel and Gabby's comments about "now that the pool party is cancelled, how are we going to look at their 6-pack abs"?  Can you imagine if it had been the other way around, and the Bachelor said in effect, "Now that the pool party is cancelled, how can I look at their boobs?"  OMG, all hell would have broken out and he would make Clayton look stellar in comparison! 

On 7/18/2022 at 9:57 PM, Adeejay said:

How did Mario go from getting the FIR to getting the last rose?  What did I miss?

I'm confused too, because with the first rose ceremony being cancelled, I would have thought the two FIRs would have carried over to the next RC.

Edited by LuvMyShows
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 7/19/2022 at 11:04 AM, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, it would have been better if they could have put a little more thought into "figuring out how things work" before the show started, but based on the previews and this past show, it seems like Rachel is going to get hosed by this format and end up looking as bad as she did hanging around waiting to get dumped again by Clayton. 

I feel bad for Rachel because it seems more of the guys are going to gravitate toward Gabby . When the girls stand next to each other , Rachel looks so stumpy next to her . I do love that Rachel has an average size body and isn’t stick thin like all of the other leads before her . It just sucks that she has to be pitted against a girl who’s probably a size 2 because It can’t feel good to have to feel like you’re constantly competing with that .

And yes, Rachel does suffer by comparison next to Gabby's figure and wardrobe. Rachel is very beautiful in her own right, but men are generally fairly visual (and shallow) creatures and Gabby's definitely got an attention-getting body.

I really dislike the way it seems to put more power back into the guys' hands when they can reject the lead so casually and still hang around because there's another lead. If they needed to have 2 bachelorettes yet again, why not do the double seasons like Katie/Michelle?

As for Jordan, he seemed like a nice guy. And it seems unfair that he has to leave straightaway just because Rachel didn't like him, when he hadn't had a chance to meet Gabby yet. 

The editing did Chris in from the start of the show, but his general point wasn't one I disagreed with. Regardless of the fact that the show has a certain setup (3/4 fantasy suites), the Chrises and the Susies' point about not sleeping with the other contestants if they truly had an interest in a post-show relationship with 1 contestant makes perfect sense to me. 

It's kind of like the opportunity to cheat in a real life relationship, there are times that those situations arise, but for people who are serious about their existing relationship, they don't act on it. 

On the other hand, all of the other elements of Chris were off-putting enough that I'm not sorry to see him go. His responses to their questions were actually fairly articulate and under other circumstances (meaning, if they hadn't shown the million other annoying things he did), I might have thought they were in the wrong. They definitely came in with pitchforks lit and you could see a bit of confusion when it didn't flame into a confrontation immediately, but they were obviously not changing their minds no matter what. But again, he didn't seem worth saving.

The hand holding while they were storming back to kick him out a second time was a bit much. I rolled my eyes hard at that.

Gabby seems more open to getting to know everyone and besides her constant head nodding which seems like she couldn’t care less what the guy is saying  , she’s willing to have conversation and get to know people . 

I don't know how I never fully noticed Gabby's head nodding before this past episode, but now I can't focus on anything else. She's like a real life bobblehead.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

<SNIP>

And yes, Rachel does suffer by comparison next to Gabby's figure and wardrobe. Rachel is very beautiful in her own right, but men are generally fairly visual (and shallow) creatures and Gabby's definitely got an attention-getting body.

<SNIP>

But that lisping baby voice!! I could not listen to it every day. She seriously needs speech therapy.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Rebky said:

But that lisping baby voice!! I could not listen to it every day. She seriously needs speech therapy.

They both have vocal fry, but gabys voice is just the most annoying . I know shes a smart girl but she sounds like an idiot. And those lips. I just cant stand her lol.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 7/19/2022 at 3:13 PM, rlc said:

Gabby is probably a better bachelorette than Rachel because she is less intense and more at ease speaking to the contesticles

Omg, I'm laughing out loud, and obviously 12. Thanks for the giggles.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Ok, two episodes in and I’m pretty bored. Is it this one in particular or is the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette format just getting old?  The strip show was ridiculous so I just ff’ed through it. The Chris drama seemed so contrived. How does Rachel cut loose a guy that might be a good fit for Gabby?  It doesn’t make sense. But the big thing is how I’m so distracted by Gabby’s face. Who did that to her? It’s not good. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, limecoke said:

Ok, two episodes in and I’m pretty bored. Is it this one in particular or is the whole Bachelor/Bachelorette format just getting old?  The strip show was ridiculous so I just ff’ed through it. The Chris drama seemed so contrived. How does Rachel cut loose a guy that might be a good fit for Gabby?  It doesn’t make sense. But the big thing is how I’m so distracted by Gabby’s face. Who did that to her? It’s not good. 

I hated the strip show. I don't want to see women or men strip. It's sexist either way. Enough!

Yep. I think it's mostly the height difference. Gabby towers over Rachel. When she was on the Bachelor, I didn't notice Rachel as being short but she looks short compared to Gabby. She's not overweight at all. She's just compact. 

JMO but these aren't the most attractive Bachelorettes I've seen. They are both pretty but I've seen previous contestants I thought were more striking. I wish Gabby would've left her lips alone. Rachel looks more naturally attractive to me. 

So far I don't think it's working with two of them. The only way they're going to get any mileage out of this twist is to have both of them fall for the same guy, thus ruining their "best friend" status and causing a bunch of drama. I can see the producers going for that. 

I'd like to hear Gabby when she's yelling at someone. Maybe then we'd hear her real voice. The breathy phone sex bit is driving me nuts. She sounds like my husband's car's navigation voice, which is absurdly throaty and provocative. When she tells him to turn it sounds like she's  propositioning him!

I wonder what Jordan did that turned Rachel off. She was kissing him earlier. I haven't seen that happen before. Usually when they make out with the person, they keep them. It's more often the ones they don't kiss that they get rid of. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, Jax7917 said:

Yeah . For me it seems like Rachel needs to be in love at first sight and she already has her winner picked . Gabby seems more open to getting to know everyone and besides her constant head nodding which seems like she couldn’t care less what the guy is saying  , she’s willing to have conversation and get to know people . Even on Clayton’s season , I found it odd That all Rachel wanted to do was make out every 2 seconds . She grabbed him constantly . She’s not very interested in conversation . I’m half surprised she hasn’t planted a big one on gabby yet . 

why is this chat so short ? Used to be 10 pages by now . 

Did you not see the ending "blooper," when they're both sitting down eating with Meatball? Rachel picks up a noodle and asks Gabby to eat it with her, and Meatball got all excited thinking they were gonna kiss (Rachel was probably really excited too) until Gabby broke the noodle and ate it. Meatball made a comment about thinking they were gonna kiss, and all Rachel could reply was, "You wish!" She wishes too! 😆

On 7/19/2022 at 12:05 PM, TVMovieBuff said:

I agree with Chris' stance over all. What I didn't like, however, was the way he acted like everyone had to have permission from him to speak,  him saying that he didn't know if it was something he'd tell his girl ahead of time, the way he deflected the issue when confronted by the girls instead of owning it, and him coming back after being asked to leave! Good riddance, I say!

On 7/19/2022 at 1:32 PM, TVMovieBuff said:

Yes I agree, you explain this well. Chris didn't express it right. He (like most of us) probably isn't a good fit for this show. The thing I didn't like was him returning to the house to ask who ratted him out. He should have just figured it isn't meant to be, and he's outta here.

Exactly! It's already over. What good is gonna come from coming back to indulge in needless confrontation?

• Love 2

The guys having to model speedos just seemed wrong. The show pretends to be about an emotional connection, finding a soulmate, falling in love, etc.  But first - strip down so we can get an idea of the size of your d*ck.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think that Rachel has a great build because she's built like me: a size 4 with a sporty and curvy/petite frame, except I'm slightly smaller chested at a 34B.  Rachel is probably 5'1 at most and I'm 4'11". I loved the tan suede moto jacket on her and it looks like they have tailored the sleeves and hems on her outfits.  Gabby is also a pretty girl, but her voice that she puts on is really grating and she's treading a slippery slope with the Botox and lip injections.  As for the guys: I think the New Jersey small business owner Tyler with the arcade games is absolutely adorable, Ethan is cute, Zach has a great smile, Tino has great cheekbones and eyes, and Spencer has amazing eyebrows.  Lots of cute guys this season! I liked the speedo show- it was all in good fun and I liked seeing some scantily clad guys on a group date 😄!  I think if any of the guys objected to it, they wouldn't have competed in the speedo date. 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Love 3

I finally watched the latest episode on hulu. It seems to me Gabby has toned down the droopy drawling of her speech pattern a bit. It’s hardly there when she is alone with Rachel, just having chit chat. She turns it on for her interactions with men, tho even in those instances, she seems to have toned it down. Thankfully. She must have read the feedback from last season about her speech style and how awful and grating it is for us viewers to be picking up on it and have so much to say about it.

Her bobble heading while talking to someone just shows that she is not really listening to what they are saying, but just looking for an opportunity to interject and say what she is wanting to say.

I think the cute Nate noticed the bobble big time when he was talking with her at dinner. He sure is a hunk, and seems like a real nice guy.  Any man who loves his little girl the way he obviously loves his daughter, is a good father. Gabby doesn’t seem like the kind of girl who is interested in kids now, or having them be a factor in a new love relationship though. 

Gabby still has that forced laughter, which in the scene of the date with her, Rachel, and Meatball on the spaghetti date she was force laughing louder and longer than the other two. Other than her bobble head and forced laughter and breathy voice reserved for men, she is pretty and has polished up her look since last season. The lips being “enhanced” was an unnecessary decision on her part tho.

Too bad Rachel didn’t feel a connection with the guy (Logan? ) on her date. But she’s right. He didn’t have the right spark going on for her to take it further.  It sure would be fun smooching it up with someone you are super attracted to while floating weightless like that! Rachel is very sweet, genuine and vulnerable in being someone who is sincerely looking for love and not instagramers. I hope she finds the love of her life here. I think that Taylor and her would make a real cute couple. Maybe he’ll get a chance on a one-on-one with her. I’d like to see that, and the outcome. 

I’d also like to see more of that cutie Alec the photographer who to me is the most attractive in the bunch. I’d like to see his personality with more air time and possibly a date. At first I didn’t think there were any, or very few good looking men out of this bunch, but some of them have grown on me and I am seeing the attractiveness of quite a few of them now. 

That Chris was a jerk huh? He had an awful overbearing way of talking to the other guys. He sure was full of himself and I am glad that Gabby nipped it right in the bud when he returned to demand answers from his fellow male members on who outed his thoughts to the girls about the fantasy suite test he planned on being a part of. Hahaha! 

BubBye Chris! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ew. Why do Rachel and Gabby both like Logan? He looks like a ‘90s boy band Barbie-sized doll that was left in a hot car all day and his face got all melted and distorted.

Jordan’s sob story is that he has a sister who may or may not be 22…oh, and his parents are divorced. I hate when they pick up the rose to NOT give it. Oof! The performers are still singing. Guess they can’t stick around another day to sing for Gabby’s date?

What if Gabby liked Jordan?? Presumably all involved knew Gabby had no interest in Jordan. However, how is this going to work if one sends home a guy the other liked? For instance, Rachel called dibs on Logan, so Gabby is stepping back even though she liked him, too. If he were on this date and it didn’t work with Rachel, then Gabby should be “allowed” to take her shot without Rachel sending him home first. Is there going to be some type of failsafe to not send guys home immediately IF the other wants a shot? Perhaps I can’t give you this rose tonight, but will see you at the cocktail party?

i like Nate, this punk rock electrical engineer—with grandma pearls. Wait, Rachel is crashing their date? Girl, get out of their “cheers.” Aw! I like Nate even more after this date! I got slightly teary-eyed watching Gabby get teary-eyed over Nate’s relationship with his daughter and Gabby’s own with her family dynamics. Here they are dancing with no band! They totally should have carried them over from Rachel’s date.

okay, I get that these guys don’t like Chris—and he was coming off as a real jerk—but they got it all backwards with this Wrong Reasons accusation! Chris would not want his finalist to sleep with others in the fantasy suite. This is exactly what happened with Gabby and Rachel! They were heartbroken that whatshisfsce “told three of you I love you and slept with both of you.” So if they go in there Wrong Reasoning that Chris doesn’t want you to sleep with others if you’re choosing him, they’ll likely say, yes, after what we went through, we would not do that to the person we each love, either. Am I missing something here??? Why are they only talking to Rachel—and not Gabby, too? Wait, Gabby agrees that this is “disrespectful of their process”?! Um, you both got this spinoff opportunity because you were so aghast over whatshisface’s deep connections with both of you plus the other one. In fact, I think the guy…not Colton…oh, Clayton!! Clayton basically said it was his “process” and you were sobbing in a stairwell over it!! This is some bullshit. Chris didn’t have a great delivery with the guys, but for the Wrong Reasons part that was passed on to the ladies, it’s perfectly appropriate to set that boundary for yourself that if I’m getting engaged, I don’t want my wife to sleep with anyone else the freaking week beforehand. Okay, you can’t think about fantasy suites on day 4, but you should be prepared to get engaged at the end of this on day 1. Where do these arbitrary “rules” come from?! Was this in the handbook that guy from a couple seasons back had coming in? “How does this work? I just walk in this direction?” Lol! Dying!! Chris was a jerk to the guys, but he was pretty calm and collected when the women were berating him. Oh, damn! He just walked around the block or something and came back in!! This is what happens when you don’t give clear walking directions—or have a car on standby to drive him away. Nate, the gentleman, jumps right up and says if the ladies told you to leave, there’s nothing else to say, we’ll see you out. Okay, another opportunity for Nate to shine. 

Mario is being punished for squat-pressing (or whatever the exercise is) Rachel after accepting Gabby’s FIR. They are saying the roses are from both and each is taking an equal shot with each guy, but they are watching and taking notes. They can date multiple men and sleep with three men before making a decision, as per the Bachelorette rulebook, but damn you if you flirt with her on day 4 after kissing me on day 1!! You should only have eyes for me!

Edited by JenE4
Mario and Tina are two different guys
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 7/21/2022 at 2:27 PM, Sweet-tea said:

I hated the strip show. I don't want to see women or men strip. It's sexist either way. Enough!

Yep. I think it's mostly the height difference. Gabby towers over Rachel. When she was on the Bachelor, I didn't notice Rachel as being short but she looks short compared to Gabby. She's not overweight at all. She's just compact. 

JMO but these aren't the most attractive Bachelorettes I've seen. They are both pretty but I've seen previous contestants I thought were more striking. I wish Gabby would've left her lips alone. Rachel looks more naturally attractive to me. 

So far I don't think it's working with two of them. The only way they're going to get any mileage out of this twist is to have both of them fall for the same guy, thus ruining their "best friend" status and causing a bunch of drama. I can see the producers going for that. 

I'd like to hear Gabby when she's yelling at someone. Maybe then we'd hear her real voice. The breathy phone sex bit is driving me nuts. She sounds like my husband's car's navigation voice, which is absurdly throaty and provocative. When she tells him to turn it sounds like she's  propositioning him!

I wonder what Jordan did that turned Rachel off. She was kissing him earlier. I haven't seen that happen before. Usually when they make out with the person, they keep them. It's more often the ones they don't kiss that they get rid of. 

Hahhaah the breathy sex phone voice… so freaking irritating!!!! Maybe guys like that? And rachel with her vocal fry/ whispering very annoying . With that being said , perhaps because rache comes off as more down to earth, im rooting for her . Im trying so hard to like gaby but the voice and the lips are killing me . She is beautiful tho, and both girls are very smart and have excellent jobs. As far as rachels date , i do recall being on dates where there was instant chemistry and then all of a sudden having awkward conversation. I have to belive before she went on that date the two women discussed if gaby had any interest in him.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

Hahhaah the breathy sex phone voice… so freaking irritating!!!! Maybe guys like that? And rachel with her vocal fry/ whispering very annoying . With that being said , perhaps because rache comes off as more down to earth, im rooting for her . Im trying so hard to like gaby but the voice and the lips are killing me . She is beautiful tho, and both girls are very smart and have excellent jobs. As far as rachels date , i do recall being on dates where there was instant chemistry and then all of a sudden having awkward conversation. I have to belive before she went on that date the two women discussed if gaby had any interest in him.

All I can think is that Jordan said something that wasn’t shown on camera that made her realize that their values and outlooks aren’t aligned. I know politics and social issue discussion is taboo both on this site and on the show, but if a suitor held beliefs that didn’t align with mine, I don’t care how much physical chemistry there is and the fact that we both captain fast vehicles—check please! It was unfortunate that all they showed us was a fantastic date with makeout sessions that defied the laws of gravity because it appeared that they were having the time of their life and Jordan mentioned his divorced parents and that was what suddenly changed everything.

• Love 2