Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E02: Week 2

• Start Topic

(edited)

Seriously sexist…it isn’t even a pagenty type thing….just parading in front of the Bachelorettes.    And the black box is hilarious.   Ugh!    And they showed a lot more without the black box on BiP Canada.  There was a guy wearing a tiny pink speedo and they used to show crotch shots of him bouncing as he walked.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Logan, he'll have the same conversation Gabby as he did with Rachel.

Yep, there he goes!

And someone’s been fooled.  Rachel.  

And I respect that guy, whose name I don’t know, told Rachel his eye was on Gabby.  He could have strung her along just to get a rose, but didn’t. I respect that. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, LakeGal said:

The guys don't like Chris' attitude.  

Yeah, I don’t either.  I get what’s he’s saying but his delivery is lacking. I’m okay with him having a line in the sand, but I have to wonder if the roles were reversed, would he be fine if he slept with four women and his chosen had to be fine with it. That’s why you shouldn’t go on this show if you have this line. 

Just now, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, just have the band continue to play to the empty room, they were already paid damn it. Can’t he try for Gabby? 

Awkward! Yeah, did Gabby rule him out? 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Can't he have a chance Gabby?

9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Can’t he try for Gabby? 

This was my question too.  What if Gabby really liked him and now, he is gone.  Each guy should have to be rejected twice, right?  

• Love 3
(edited)

Nate(?) seems like a nice guy and he politely but firmly stood up to Chris.  

eta.  He has a real job…electrical engineer.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 8

I just stumbled on this episode because honestly I think I even forgot this was on and I really only have one question - why is that guy wearing pearls? I mean there is A LOT happening here between the hairpin earring, the braids, the gold chain but the pearls are what's really taking me out. 

• Love 3

Wow, Rachel expects instance chemistry and knowledge that this is the one she wants to marry.  I think it's best they leave when rejected by one of the Bachelorettes because I doubt that the other Bachelorette wants to look like she will take the other's 'rejects.'  Jordan seemed really nice but maybe it's better to leave now with some dignity instead of continuing (while humiliating oneself through the various competitions) and getting dropped later.

• Love 6

I find this group of guys to be the most unattractive that I can remember on any season . I can’t find one that I’m like , oh he’s cute . Anyone else surprised by the lack of eye candy ? 

I feel bad for Rachel because it seems more of the guys are going to gravitate toward Gabby . When the girls stand next to each other , Rachel looks so stumpy next to her . I do love that Rachel has an average size body and isn’t stick thin like all of the other leads before her . It just sucks that she has to be pitted against a girl who’s probably a size 2 because It can’t feel good to have to feel like you’re constantly competing with that .

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

I find this group of guys to be the most unattractive that I can remember on any season . I can’t find one that I’m like , oh he’s cute . Anyone else surprised by the lack of eye candy ? 

I feel bad for Rachel because it seems more of the guys are going to gravitate toward Gabby . When the girls stand next to each other , Rachel looks so stumpy next to her . I do love that Rachel has an average size body and isn’t stick thin like all of the other leads before her . It just sucks that she has to be pitted against a girl who’s probably a size 2 because It can’t feel good to have to feel like you’re constantly competing with that .

Jordan was kind of cute….was.

36 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Wow, Rachel expects instance chemistry and knowledge that this is the one she wants to marry.  I think it's best they leave when rejected by one of the Bachelorettes because I doubt that the other Bachelorette wants to look like she will take the other's 'rejects.'  Jordan seemed really nice but maybe it's better to leave now with some dignity instead of continuing (while humiliating oneself through the various competitions) and getting dropped later.

The editing was weird with this date . They seemed to have fun on the plane , kissed , she said they have chemistry , then they went to the dinner portion , he told his sob story .. and she was suddenly turned off ? Best I could come up with is he has stinky breath . 
i actually found him to be kinda cute but he did look young . 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

How did Mario go from getting the FIR to getting the last rose?  What did I miss?

I think they just didn’t have time to talk this week. 

• Like 1

The baby voices of Rachel and Gabby may be too much for me if they keep it up the rest of the season.  Still way too many contestants for me to remember names-in another few weeks I may be able to tell the men apart.  

• Love 4

I don’t like the idea of guys refusing a rose from one or the other girl, so I’m glad they didn’t do it that way tonight. I think Rachel is beautiful and seems nice and Gabby is attractive but not as pretty ( eyes too close together and blow up lips), but she also seems sweet. None of the guys have wowed me so far and I wonder if they should have had a few more group dates before one in one. I hope they can find a way to keep the power dynamic in the hands of the women and not put them against each other.

• Love 2

I’m not finding any of these men particularly good looking either though a few of them sure think that they are.

By the end of the show there were about an equal amount (out of those who expressed an opinion) who preferred gabby or Rachel, though who knows if it’s their preference too. Drama ensues. 

Rachel just wants to be kissed.  Anyone who kisses her gets a rose.  Anyone that tries to talk to them, they look bored.  Doesn’t getting to know someone generally involve a certain amount of small talk?  They just seem to want to have “banter” and make out.  

This week seemed like a waste.  Why only 6 guys on the group date and 2 one on ones?  There are 2 bachelorettes, why not have either have one big group date or 2 groups dates where each girl goes out with 10-12 guys.  The one on one dates could be edited down to about 5 minutes, they are so boring, and the each easily could have had 2 each this week.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

I don't find Rachel to be even the slightest bit large, if that's what you mean. She's short, is that what you mean by stumpy?  Gabby is 5'9", so quite tall. I think they are both about the same in looks, but Mr. ECM finds Rachel prettier.

• Love 5
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

Rachel just wants to be kissed.  Anyone who kisses her gets a rose.  Anyone that tries to talk to them, they look bored.  Doesn’t getting to know someone generally involve a certain amount of small talk?  They just seem to want to have “banter” and make out.  

Agreed, they seem to be rushing the "connections" and I wonder if it's because it's essentially a competition of sorts, even if they are friends. Rachel was getting annoyed at small talk, but this was also the first time some of them had talked, so I'm not sure what the expectations were.

And the baby talk / vocal fry us off the charts already. Whhhhyyy...

I hate how awkward this is already.

Logan gives off player vibes.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 4
(edited)

Gabby is going to drive me crazy with her constant head nodding when one of the guys is talking to her. She looks like one of those nodding dogs you used to put on your dashboard.

I think Rachel is coming off way better than Gabby so far. But I personally hate the two bachelorettes gimmick. When you get them together it feels like you’re stuck in a sorority house or a teenage slumber party.

Edited by SHD
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I don't find Rachel to be even the slightest bit large, if that's what you mean. She's short, is that what you mean by stumpy?  Gabby is 5'9", so quite tall. I think they are both about the same in looks, but Mr. ECM finds Rachel prettier.

She’s not large at all , but standing next to gabby who is very tall and skinny , she looks rounder and shorter as anyone would . I think Rachel is prettier too . I think gabby just stands out as more attractive because she’s tall , tan and has a tiny figure . Gabby’s constant head nodding is soo distracting though ! 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Yeah, just have the band continue to play to the empty room, they were already paid damn it. So awkward. Can’t he try for Gabby? 

They paid for screen time or were paid for screen time so they had no choice . It was so stupid!

so Chris.. ugh what a jerk. He is so terribly condescending and unpleasant . So unattractive.

Gabby can look very pretty and then she looks so botoxed out and her lips are huge!! And her voice drives me insane . Rachel is a vocal fryer but I can still listen to her .

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I wish they would be more diligent in putting up the guys names.  

Yes! Im like who the hell is thaf? Very frustrating 

11 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Nate(?) seems like a nice guy and he politely but firmly stood up to Chris.  

eta.  He has a real job…electrical engineer.  

I dont like his hair lol so i tried not to like him but he is a really nice guy.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Rachel didn't even give that poor guy a chance.  Damn!  I wonder what she is looking for.  This doesn't bode well.

Have you ever been on a date that was so great until it wasnt? They responded to the fun in that plane but seemed to have little to talk about , little chemistry. I feel like rachel had to go with their gut

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

This was my question too.  What if Gabby really liked him and now, he is gone.  Each guy should have to be rejected twice, right?  

He had already said he was there for Rachel, so Gabby had likely already written him off from the start.  Plus, he looks like he's 15, which may be a hard sell to a woman in her early 30s. Gabby was already all about Nate this week, so Rachel could have shot Jordan for all Gabby cared.

In any case, I would bet that these two ladies collude a little before each 1-on-1 to make sure it's okay with the other if she sends the dude home.

(It would be funnier if Gabby were pissed, then picks Tino for the next 1-on-1 and boots him immediately.)

24 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Have you ever been on a date that was so great until it wasnt? They responded to the fun in that plane but seemed to have little to talk about , little chemistry. I feel like rachel had to go with their gut

I'm more encouraged by Rachel's move, tbh.  It would have been so easy to just give him the early rose, then cut him later.  But if she knows it's no good, I'm glad she stuck to her guns.

Edited by phlebas
  • Love 4
(edited)

I have have to say I didn’t have a problem with Chris saying he wouldn’t want to be intimate with a woman in the FS if she had already been intimate with another. I am Team Susie in saying if you have your heart set on one then ok be intimate; but being intimate with several is just yucky FS or no FS, Clay-un)

But then he lost me with his evasive talk of how he might or might not make that clear to the Bachelorette in an earlier date. I think the ladies were right to let him go- and he proved that by coming back to confront the other guys 

BUT. 

No one on this show should be shocked by a contestant thinking about the FS - and/or how they would feel about certain scenarios in that FS. They do it every season and thinking about it is pretty normal IMO

image.png

image.png

Edited by Nilknarf
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1