Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Soul of Genghis Khan

• Start Topic

115998_0044b.jpg

Danny and Lexi finish tracking down the last of Farouk’s black market antiquities and begin to make plans for their future. Said plans, alas, are quickly derailed when the Vatican is attacked by terrorists. A person from Danny’s past in turn resurfaces, leading them on a new hunt to recover one of the greatest lost treasures of Asia — the Spirit Banner of Genghis Khan.

Original Airdate: July 17, 2022

So Father Donnelly, my favorite character from Season 1 gets blown up and taken out of the action.

blood-and-treasure-3.jpg

It seems like he will be a big part of Season 2 and may have a bigger part of the action bringing the Vatican Army with him, probably at the time the pair most need backup. It looks like the show went all out to give us some exotic locales and beautiful scenery.

I wondered how the bad guys knew that only Katie Reece had the new information and captured her, leaving the other two behind. It might have been a bad idea not to allow the recent information to stay with Danny and Lexi so that they could actually use it to find the Spirit Banner. Especially if the bad guys are working with Katie Reece and have no intention of looking for the “The Soul of Genghis Khan” themselves.

blood-treasure-2x01-chuck-katie-danny.jp

I wish they hadn't told us that Katie Reece was working with the bad guys, that would have been a good reveal for Episode 2 or later. That way we would have liked her for a while and cared about what might happen to her.

• Love 1

As with the first season, there are things to like (those exotic locations!, Father Chuck!) and so many things that make you go, "Really?!" (like Lexi breaking into a safe by listening to the tumblers ... while carrying on a conversation). It's just not good enough for me to pony up for yet another streaming service, so I guess I'm getting off the ride. The fact I'm the third poster several weeks after the initial airing clearly illustrates that CBS erred in limiting this to paid subscribers. They could have made so much more money by putting it on regular CBS's summer schedule.

2 hours ago, ratSenoL said:

As with the first season, there are things to like (those exotic locations!, Father Chuck!) and so many things that make you go, "Really?!" (like Lexi breaking into a safe by listening to the tumblers ... while carrying on a conversation). It's just not good enough for me to pony up for yet another streaming service, so I guess I'm getting off the ride. The fact I'm the third poster several weeks after the initial airing clearly illustrates that CBS erred in limiting this to paid subscribers. They could have made so much more money by putting it on regular CBS's summer schedule.

This is only the second week it has been on, but the story is cobbled together from stuff you have seen before. I am enjoying Evil, and Beavis and Butthead will be starting soon. Paramount+ is always giving away "a month of free service" with a Promo Code, you just have to search for a still valid one.

• Useful 1