Type keyword(s) to search

The Munsters (2022)

starri
  • Start Topic

I feel like it would at least look less cheap in black and white.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't do much for Sheri Moon Zombie's terrible acting/attempt to mimic Elvira.

Cassandra Peterson is apparently in it, although playing a character, not as Elvira.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, BetterButter said:

highly-anticipated adaptation

I love marketing copy.

What does it say that Universal doesn't even want this apparent turd on its own platform?

I mean, the joke was that they were monsters who were just a loving family who thought they were normal. This basically throws all of that out the window. And it still looks so cheap. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Every time I see a tweet accusing all the people that hate the trailer of “not getting” the original show’s humor and stile, my teeth crack. You like the trailer, that’s fine. But don’t accuse us of “not getting” the original show. We got it. We just feel like this movie seems to be a cheap parody of what the show really was.

The actors playing Herman and Lily feel exaggerated; this Lily puts on a fussy simpering demeanor that Yvonne DeCarlo never had, and this Herman can’t even get the laugh right! And Herman did NOT do that weird little shimmy after breaking the door in the opening theme, it only looked like he was shaking because he was guffawing.

The guy doing Grandpa is slightly better, but it’s ruined by the fact that the movie is going to have him attempt to break up Lily and Herman while they’re still dating. Really, Rob Zombie? Of all the directions you could have taken, you’re doing the trite old “disapproving father” plot that’s been done only a billion times before? Sure, Grandpa thought Herman was a bozo, but never in a “you’re not good enough for my daughter” way. In fact, they got along pretty well.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1
  • Love 5