Type keyword(s) to search

Celebrity Beef - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Joel McHale is host and EP of a cooking show that turns pop culture feuds into a battle of foods. Each week, two celebrity contestants go head-to-head-in a cook-off and squash their beef with knives in hand and spices on the rack, ready to prepare the best dish this side of the Hollywood Hills.  Airs August 2nd. 

Looks like I'm watching this by myself, heh.  I only am watching because I love Joel McHale. I don't watch anything else on E!.  It's ok.  I've watched the first three episodes.  I liked the first episode the best, but that's probably because I don't watch the Bachelor shows or the Big Brother shows.

Whimsy, you are not alone, so make room on that couch for me 😉 I'm also a fan of Joel's, and have been watching since the beginning.

I really enjoyed tonight's show with Jeff Lewis. It was one of the very few times Joel didn't have much to say since Jeff beat him to all the usual quips, but sometimes all Joel has to do is mug for the camera. It also looked like Joel was getting a kick out of Jeff, so that just made it that much more hilarious (to me anyway 😁)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Whimsy said:

@Soapy Goddess I watched it but I had no idea who those people were lol. I thought they were unknown-to-me chefs and I was SO confused how any Italian chef would cook without garlic lol. 

At first I thought Delores was joking because I don't know any Italians that don't like the flavor of garlic. So I'm guessing it doesn't agree with her. I have the same issue with fennel, which repeats on me for the rest of the day/night. So, I have always ordered sausage without fennel, which these days is near impossible to find. 

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it without knowing the "cooks". As a regular NJ HW viewer, I can tell you that they're 2 of the more sane characters 😂

• Love 1