Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Whole Wife For a Whole Life?

• Start Topic

What Stacia's family/friends said about her sounded like her resumé. That was pretty strange. I hope we don't see her sleep with her eyes open. 🤣 Nate seems overly into her looks. They talked about what they thought when they first saw each other & that they found each other attractive during their after nuptials sit-down, so why did Stacia ask him what he thought about her when he first saw her during their first dance? I mean, I'm glad for no small talk, but asking the same question isn't good either. 😅

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Alexis really told her husband NOT to say he's going to fall in love with her. REALLY??? & then she yelled to her friends that he was celibate right after he told her, during their first dance. REALLY??? SERIOUSLY. WHAT IS HER PROBLEM??? He seems easy-going, but these negatives must be chipping away at him. She needs to cut it out. She probably shouldn't have asked when he last kissed someone. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Krysten is the first participant to spring their pending nuptials on their parent THE DAY OF THE WEDDING. I wanna know why. Did she think he would've declined participating otherwise? I wonder what he would've done if she told him over the phone. Was it necessary to do it the way she did or not? Good thing he came when she requested. 😅

It's better the wedding be delayed. Remember what happened with the Houston couple? No honeymoon & she left early. It's still too bad Binh couldn't manage to avoid contracting covid before the wedding. Hey. This is the FIFTH covid season & only the 2nd case, on the show. That's pretty good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I can’t concentrate on Krysten telling her father about the wedding, because I’m too busy loudly pronouncing to my napping husband that her father is Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. 

Edited by Cramps
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Cramps said:

I can’t concentrate on Krysten telling her father about the wedding, because I’m too busy loudly announcing to my napping husband that he is Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. 

I KNEW he reminded me of someone but I just couldn't figure out who.  Thanks for the answer Cramps, you are 100% correct that it's Brian Wilson!

Edited by seacliffsal
because sometimes the typos just get away from me
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Have we seen pets yet?

From what I can recall, I know that at least Alexis and Justin have dogs. Can't recall if any of the other 4 couples did.

• Love 2

Miguel & Lindy's 1-on-1 was so boring. Showing her the D&D die? Really? & her asking the BORING, "what do you do?" SNOOZE! There are interesting ways to ask standard stuff! I detest small talk! He seriously had NO questions besides his stupid D&D thing? Is he very shy? It looked like he had nothing to say. I hope it's a bad edit.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m wondering if that scene with the father was real or staged.  You never know with this show.  Btw, Krysten has some figure.  Perfection.  I don’t know about him tho.  He seems like a drag about things.  Like a perfectionist or something.  Or a ball buster.  Seems rigid about things.

YES she does!  

I wish she'd go easy on the fillers though -- you can see even at her young age, she's got them.  They are aging to me!

Am I the only one that thinks Nate and Stacia look alike?  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Am I the only one that thinks Nate and Stacia look alike?  

Twitter was saying all night that the reason Nate was attracted to Stacia is that she’s basically a female version of him.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cramps said:

I can’t concentrate on Krysten telling her father about the wedding, because I’m too busy loudly pronouncing to my napping husband that her father is Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. 

huh

i had him looking like Paul McCartney!

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m ancient, so we had bridal gowns with either scoop neck or boat neck, but we also went into the church with a Priest.  Now, they get married in the field with boobs hanging out.  No likie.  Plus, most of the gowns had long sleeves, some with lace.  Pretty.  Now, it’s all strapless.  For me, I can’t see a bridal gown being strapless, but what do I know?  It’s a wedding, not a Prom.   Maybe someday, the old dresses will come back like everything else.

I want to love this a thousand times!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

1 ugly dress down, 4 more to go. I hate the see-through/lingerie tops. Especially the ones with visible boob pads that don't match the bride's skin tone. I mean, really? How do they look at that in the mirror & think it looks good? Same with the slit to the navel. Just no. Aside from them being see-through, the neckline or style is ugly anyway.😒 2 more to go. 🤣

I hear you!! 

I'm also over all the tattoos showing! So far it is Stacia and Morgan. Can't remember about Alexis and I don't have the energy to watch again!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I saw the hint of a red flag with Mitch last week when he proudly declared that he would make a scene (if a restaurant refused to fill his cup or some such nonsense) and this episode sealed the deal.  Anger at the make-up/hair stylist, telling his friends that he would not show all of his 'freakiness (or some such concept)' at the wedding, etc.  He really thinks he is special and that all of the world should meet his demands.  I think he will have expectations that Krysten adapt to his lifestyle.  Did he even tell the stylist what he wanted done?  Yeah, I didn't think so-so when marrying one at first sight I think one's beard should be trim and neat looking...

And what was with the pastor/officiant/justice of the peace at Nate and Stacia's wedding reading the part about Nate being a 'freak in the sheets' at their wedding?  Even if his friends did write that, have some class and just edit it out DURING the wedding ceremony.  Of course, by all of the reactions of the participants this season they all see it as a comedy show to begin with (Alexis and her lipstick on her teeth thing as well as various comments by the participants).

Loved Stacia's mom.  Hated that Krysten ambushed her dad (dropping big news while he was being filmed).  It also seemed like he thought he was coming for a vacation with his daughter and instead he will see her for the wedding and then be on his own.  I personally hate these kinds of ambushes.  At least Lindy told her dad and he was able to make the decision not to participate.  Krysten's dad is really kind of stuck while having his face shown on the show.

I think dad knew exactly what he was there for. You could tell by his expression when she told him of her plans. 

Production always likes to stir the pot a bit. Plus I think he was flying home the next day so that was not to be a vacation. 

He came to walk his daughter down the aisle. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

It's weird that Morgan thought Binh could be lying about having Covid. Like the show doesn't constantly test. Way to go dark. I think it's a bad sign. She's already thinking he could be lying and she hasn't even met him. What is wrong with her? Another clear disqualifier of a participant BEFORE the wedding! 🥴

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Stacia saying she never thought she'd get married rubbed me the wrong way. I hope she meant more than a wedding & is actually talking about having a life partner because that's what really matters. Another bride said something similar or maybe both Morgan & Krysten. Like getting married isn't the end all. Ya it's the beginning of their non-traditional journey, but still. Why are they speaking negatively? I just don't get it.

• Love 1

her father is Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys. 

He reminded me of Alex Murdough - that lawyer guy in South Carolina (I think) who just got charged with murdering his wife and son. I think it's the red hair.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 5
On 7/14/2022 at 12:14 PM, Retired at last said:

I thought Miguel looked cute. I didn't like his drug selling comment.

I don't even know why he said that, he implied he was in sales, but then he said he's a Medical Writer. Well, I guess drug "pusher" could be applicable, since many write promotional materials, but I wasn't thrilled with the comment either.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I don't even know why he said that, he implied he was in sales, but then he said he's a Medical Writer. Well, I guess drug "pusher" could be applicable, since many write promotional materials, but I wasn't thrilled with the comment either.

I think he said he went from whatever he did first to medical writing to pharma sales.

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think he said he went from whatever he did first to medical writing to pharma sales.

He said he went from scientist to medical writing, I never heard him say he was in sales.

Maybe I'm a traditionalist, or it's the GenX/Elder millenial in me, but all of thise tuxes with the printed colorful jackets make me think of Will Smith in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. It's seriously allI can see when they choose these jackets. It's been happening for the past few seasons. 

image.png.c97002c86008e693622f63dce7f11ec7.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

He said he went from scientist to medical writing, I never heard him say he was in sales.

He said "I sell drugs" and then he went on to explain that he used to be in research and is now a medical writer. I am surmising that he writes the promotional materials that drug reps use to pitch to doctors, hospitals, etc.

• Like 1
On 7/13/2022 at 9:16 PM, PupCal said:

Miguel is adorable!

He's a handsome dork. I'm sure he has not trouble attracting women, it's keeping them that's the problem. What with his D&D and furry costumes and all!

Lindy's mom liked him instantly.

On 7/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, rebel2u said:

Nate is too street for Stacia.

Yes! 

Stacia and her mom are classy. I was surprised she seemed to like him at the wedding. 

Sorry, but i have such a negative view of him and I am worried about her finances.  He's probably thinking he hit the jackpot. 

Whatever happened to that pre-nup that her mom had suggested?

On 7/13/2022 at 9:17 PM, rebel2u said:

Unless there is a match out there whose frugality is on par with Binh's, I can't imagine that a marriage could be successful.  I definitely don't think that Morgan is the one for him. (And vice versa.)

I'm thinking Binh is very traditional and I don't think he's going to like Morgan's tattoos. Also, he had said that he likes women that workout, but I'm thinking he probably meant something other than boxing.

15 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Too soon?

Asking for a friend? 😉

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He said "I sell drugs" and then he went on to explain that he used to be in research and is now a medical writer. I am surmising that he writes the promotional materials that drug reps use to pitch to doctors, hospitals, etc.

I rewatched the scene, and he indeed did say he "sells" drugs, I missed that part. So yeah, I assume he writes promotional materials as opposed to writing up clinical trials. I know he was trying to be funny, but I just found it odd.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Am I the only one that hates the wedding episodes? I wish they would show all the weddings in one 2 hour episode.

that would work for me!

and leave out the icky bachelor/ette stuff

• Like 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Am I the only one that hates the wedding episodes? I wish they would show all the weddings in one 2 hour episode.

I don’t want to see telling the friends and family, shopping, or the bachelor/ette parties. I totally agree that they should get all the weddings out of the way in one episode. We’ve had FIVE hours of programming and they’re not all married yet. Ridiculous.

• Love 9

I enjoy the wedding episodes (but not all of the filler leading up to the weddings) as it provides insight into who these contestants/participants are.  Who gives a lap dance? Who is visibly sickened when they first see their future spouse? Who seems the ceremony as a comedy club?  I think these ceremonies help set the tone for the entire season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The joking around at the ceremony doesn’t bother me. You have to roll with the absurdity of marrying someone you’ve never met, don’t even know anything about and have had complete strangers pick out for you as part of a reality show.  Even Stacia seemed to accept that a sense of humor was needed to carry the day.   I’m more perturbed by people like Alyssa who can’t roll with the absurdity.  Or Mitch who doesn’t have any sense of his own arrogance.  
However the bachelor party antics…. Your very soon to be stranger/ spouse is going to see this. Maybe after decision day…. or maybe it is shown to them much sooner than that to create drama.   Your fellow cast members definitely know all about it from day one. I would want to make a better impression on my fellow cast members since my spouse and I will be spending so much time with them.  

• Like 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I enjoy the wedding episodes (but not all of the filler leading up to the weddings) as it provides insight into who these contestants/participants are.  Who gives a lap dance? Who is visibly sickened when they first see their future spouse? Who seems the ceremony as a comedy club?  I think these ceremonies help set the tone for the entire season.

I was just going to say the same thing. All of this before gives us a good look at personality and so many other things.

The one telling the stripper “get down on your knees now” leaves me hating him right out of the gate. 

The family relationships  and how they live and play. 

By the time they go on their honeymoon we have a pretty good idea of who they are. The good, the bad and the ugly!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 7/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, Lindz said:

1 ugly dress down, 4 more to go. I hate the see-through/lingerie tops. Especially the ones with visible boob pads that don't match the bride's skin tone. I mean, really? How do they look at that in the mirror & think it looks good? Same with the slit to the navel. Just no. Aside from them being see-through, the neckline or style is ugly anyway.😒 2 more to go. 🤣

I was watching “Say yes to the Dress”.  So much classier.  Alexa’s dress was so ill fitted.  Boobs hanging down and flopping around.  Let the Groom see them later, not at a ceremony with all kinds of people there.  Tackey.

• Like 1
On 7/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Yeah.  They are trying to make it a comedy show.  All scripted.  Also, the friends are revealing stupid and embarrassing things about them.

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I was just going to say the same thing. All of this before gives us a good look at personality and so many other things.

The one telling the stripper “get down on your knees now” leaves me hating him right out of the gate. 

The family relationships  and how they live and play. 

By the time they go on their honeymoon we have a pretty good idea of who they are. The good, the bad and the ugly!

I think that “ get down on your knees” thing was a farce.  If I remember correctly, at one time, we saw a clip of him telling the stripper that, then when she went down, there was a ring there.  It was a very quick scene, and I’m sure they will show it again, or I’m going bonkers and seeing things.  Show is getting crafty.  We’ll see.

On 7/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, seacliffsal said:

I also enjoy the weddings - sometimes it's the only time everyone is on their best behavior. It's the 10 episodes that follow the honeymoons that make me quit watching.

I think as a whole these are the ugliest wedding dresses of any season. Stacia is the only one who I think looked good, but I do think she has too much makeup on. Alexis had pretty hair. After that, I got nothing.

Mitch is going to be exhausting to watch this season. I like him a little less every time he opens his mouth. Miguel is cute but that was so cringey pulling out the D&D thing in the first five minutes. I wonder if production made him do it, much like Alexis mentioning her three proposals every five minutes.

Nate creeps me out. If my wedding officiant uttered the words "freak in the sheets" during my wedding ceremony, it would be over immediately. Imaging having that in your wedding video for all eternity. Good thing these fools will probably only be married for 8 weeks and it won't matter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 7/14/2022 at 6:44 AM, seacliffsal said:

And what was with the pastor/officiant/justice of the peace at Nate and Stacia's wedding reading the part about Nate being a 'freak in the sheets' at their wedding?  Even if his friends did write that, have some class and just edit it out DURING the wedding ceremony.  Of course, by all of the reactions of the participants this season they all see it as a comedy show to begin with (Alexis and her lipstick on her teeth thing as well as various comments by the participants).

I completely agree about the comedy show - anyone remember old seasons when the grooms would be waiting anxiously and the bride would amble up and the only thing exchanged before vows was maybe names and a handshake? Now they are all laughing and talking and making asides to the crowd through the whole ceremony as if they know they whole thing is a joke.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
On 7/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I agree.  I despise the "telling the families" episodes -- big, fat waste of time.  Nothing but filler.  And the choosing the dress episodes makes  me mad because they always turn up their noses at the most flattering (IMO) and choose the one that's least flattering to me.  There have been rare exceptions but overall, it seems to be all about bringing your boobs down the aisle on display.  I get it's a first impression but I'd want for my groom to realize he's marrying me, not just my boobs.  

I thought I was going to like Mitch but nope.  He's clearly going to be a high maintenance, whiny little bitch.   I don't like Krysten (not sure why) so maybe it's all good.  I really, really dislike how she thought the best course of action was to tell her father on her wedding day that she's getting married.  She said he lives across the country so he's coming from somewhere on the East Coast, planning to spend time with his daughter, who is actually getting married and then leaving for her honeymoon?  A real shit move all around if you ask me.  And definitely not right to put him in the spot in front of cameras.  If she wanted to tell him in person, fly your ass out to him.  I think though that she thought he would refuse to participate if she told him off camera.  Pretty low, Krysten.  

I think Miguel is an adorable dork.  Lindy seems like she could be pretty dorky too so maybe it's a good match.

I thought Justin and Alexis were a good match -- until she announced to everyone that he's been celibate.  NOT. COOL.  Why would you do that?  She doesn't know that he already said so in a TH.  I would be furious if I were Justin - and that would turn  me off.  

Nate is clearly this season's Olajuwon.  Of course I also thought the same of New Orleans' Woody and he surprised me.  I think Stacia's dress looked really nice on her and probably the best choice this season.  

Don't have much to say about Binh and Morgan since I FF'd through most of the filler.  

If engagement rings are now part of it, why doesn't the show just have the women pick out their own rings (and the men as well) that way they get what they like?  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, kristen111 said:

I’m wondering if that scene with the father was real or staged.  You never know with this show.  Btw, Krysten has some figure.  Perfection.  I don’t know about him tho.  He seems like a drag about things.  Like a perfectionist or something.  Or a ball buster.  Seems rigid about things.

So far, I like Krysten. But I was surprised to see someone compliment her figure because she has a broader back and a flat butt. I'm surprised she didn't go for a different cut of dress. But unfortunately, all the brides have  ill-fitting dresses.

I like Krysten so far. Mitch, not so much. He seems rigid, as you said. I hope it's just nerves but I don't have a good feeling.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, Elizzikra said:

This season’s makeup is SO MUCH better!

I just wish they hadn't covered up all of Lindy's freckles. She looked so cute when she was in her PJs.

ETA: Now her face is done, and I think it looked better with no makeup at all.

Edited by Mercolleen