Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Whole Wife For a Whole Life?

• Start Topic

With one wedding down and four to go, our soon-to-be spouses anxiously prepare to say "I do" to a stranger.  However, when one groom gets terrible news, a wedding has to be postponed for the first time in Married at First Sight history.  And one father of the bride could ruin his daughter's special day.

Airs Wednesday, July 13, at 8:00PM EDT.

• Love 1
Just now, mythoughtis said:

Lindy bypasses several beautiful  dresses for that one?    Seriously? 

I thought the first dress she tried on was the nicest because it had straps.  Not every bride needs to be in a strapless gown. *cough*Alexis*cough*

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Wow, did y'all know Alexis has been proposed to three times? 🙄😏 That bodice is not flattering at all.

I hope she’s done mentioning it…..  I also hope Binh is done mentioning his mommy every two minutes 

Am I the only one that thinks Morgan should have  been matched with Miguel? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought the first dress she tried on was the nicest because it had straps.  Not every bride needs to be in a strapless gown. *cough*Alexis*cough*

Didn’t the one she finally chose have straps? I was distracted by the fact that the sheer panel jn the front was too dark for her skin tone.

1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

I hope she’s fine mentioning it…..  I also hope Binh is done mentioning his mommy every two minutes 

he’s not…

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Didn’t the one she finally chose have straps? I was distracted by the fact that the sheer panel jn the front was too dark for her skin tone.

Maybe she did but I wasn't paying attention.  So far, this show has been a yawner. 🥱

5 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

So, is Lindy a virgin?

For some reason I thought San Diego was going to be more interesting than what I've seen so far.

I don’t think so. Her friend said her relationships now are “very different” from the days of the A-frame hugs.

This season’s makeup is SO MUCH better!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

This season’s makeup is SO MUCH better!

Except Krysten's eye makeup is scary looking.  She might be nice, but she's kind of loud. 

I hope Mitch doesn't turn out to be an ass.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Except Krysten's eye makeup is scary looking.  She might be nice, but she's kind of loud. 

Oh, I think that ship has sailed.    Berating the hair stylist about the beard…. Which looked very nice.  
Krysten waiting till the last minute to tell her Dad about the wedding and true situation. Plus she  didn’t mention an out after 8 weeks.  He reacted just like I would have. 
I do not think Lindy likes Miguel 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

What is it with so many wedding dresses having that panel aka cleavage window? "You want a neckline down to your navel? OK, but here's a sheer panel to protect your modesty."

Nice dresses, but none were stand-outs to me. All pretty similar. I suppose they have to choose from a limited selection of what's available right then.

Miguel and Lindy seemed happy. She's a cutie especially when her freckles show and he's handsome. No one had an Alyssa stankface, so that's enough to call it a MAFS success. Woo-hoo!

The last two marriages have trainwreck potential. Bitchy Mitchy incoming...

• Like 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

After seeing Mitch snap at the hairdresser, I think he's going to turn out to be a big whiny baby. 

Dude, relax--the beard looks fine even if it's not the way you usually wear it.

I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Krysten. and I predict that feeling will grow exponentially as the season progresses.

Nate is too street for Stacia.

Unless there is a match out there whose frugality is on par with Binh's, I can't imagine that a marriage could be successful.  I definitely don't think that Morgan is the one for him. (And vice versa.)

Edited by rebel2u
  • Like 1
  • Love 10

I turned into this new season for the first time tonight. I only watched about ten minutes and decided the couple's were worse picks than last season. I changed the channel and decided to skip this one.Did I misjudge it? 

11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I do not think Lindy likes Miguel 

I'm bad at predictions, but I have high hopes for them. He probably shouldn't have led with Dungeons and Dragons. 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Her voice is so grating. I think she’s going to regret making her dad ill for this guy.  
I liked Stacia’s and Alexis’ dress the best. I want to put a zipper on Lindy’s and zip it up two feet. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, kikicat said:

What is it with so many wedding dresses having that panel aka cleavage window? "You want a neckline down to your navel? OK, but here's a sheer panel to protect your modesty."

I wonder the same thing when I watch Say Yes to the Dress.  Do these women think there may be an emergency mammogram on their wedding day?

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think she looked so much prettier pre-makeup and her hair looks bad too.

8 hours ago, kikicat said:

I'm bad at predictions, but I have high hopes for them. He probably shouldn't have led with Dungeons and Dragons. 😄

yeah, if that's the first thing he wants his bride know about him, that doesn't bode well. that would be an instant turnoff for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

I’m really put off by Krysten‘s dramatic announcement to her dad. That was drama for its own sake, which I never like.

I think Stacia’s mom is so beautiful and grounded - she oozes class and warmth, to me but the gold eye shadow they gave her didn’t go well with her skin tone.

I wish they’d cut out the attire shopping scenes. They’re so boring. Pure filler.

I think Miguel is the best-looking and the most … socially adept of the guys, but the theme of this season seems to be “this man requires a very specific kind of partner.” D&D right out of the gate is not something that’ll appeal to everyone. Lindy is pretty desperate to be married and she’s impressed by the PhD so she’ll give it a solid college try, but I’m not sure she was into it.

Also, “I sell drugs” is corny. Just say you’re a sales rep. (If he’s any good at it, he makes good money.)

• Love 7

Actually, I like all the couples.  Knowing Production tho, it’s only a matter of time that they all will hate each other.  Alexa laughs too much.  I really like Miguel and Lindy together.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I saw the hint of a red flag with Mitch last week when he proudly declared that he would make a scene (if a restaurant refused to fill his cup or some such nonsense) and this episode sealed the deal.  Anger at the make-up/hair stylist, telling his friends that he would not show all of his 'freakiness (or some such concept)' at the wedding, etc.  He really thinks he is special and that all of the world should meet his demands.  I think he will have expectations that Krysten adapt to his lifestyle.  Did he even tell the stylist what he wanted done?  Yeah, I didn't think so-so when marrying one at first sight I think one's beard should be trim and neat looking...

And what was with the pastor/officiant/justice of the peace at Nate and Stacia's wedding reading the part about Nate being a 'freak in the sheets' at their wedding?  Even if his friends did write that, have some class and just edit it out DURING the wedding ceremony.  Of course, by all of the reactions of the participants this season they all see it as a comedy show to begin with (Alexis and her lipstick on her teeth thing as well as various comments by the participants).

Loved Stacia's mom.  Hated that Krysten ambushed her dad (dropping big news while he was being filmed).  It also seemed like he thought he was coming for a vacation with his daughter and instead he will see her for the wedding and then be on his own.  I personally hate these kinds of ambushes.  At least Lindy told her dad and he was able to make the decision not to participate.  Krysten's dad is really kind of stuck while having his face shown on the show.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Okay, I’m going to go on a rant, and apologies if you loved the clothing on this episode, but I was yelling at the tv during the gown and tux shopping scenes. I thought so much of it looked awful. (And some of that must be blamed on the brides’ and grooms’ choices…)

The netting over the cleavage and bra pads under the lace looks were awful. As said above, if you want to show your cleavage, that’s fine, but  why the netting? Are you protecting your  breasts from mosquitos? For me It just ruins the elegance of the line. 

And what’s with these ascot- inspired neck ties with pins? Is that now a big thing? I’m not usually a very superficial person about looks, but I’d be like “sorry, groom, but I just can’t marry you in that tie.” 

On the second season of the show the grooms went to the tailor Martin Greenfield in nyc, who has made custom suits for almost every US president since Eisenhower and who did the gorgeous suits for the costume depts of shows like Boardwalk Empire. But some of this season’s tuxedos look flammable. 

ETA: I just reread my post. I realize that I now officially sound like an old lady on a park bench who is yelling and waving her cane at people. 

Edited by Cramps
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Cramps said:

The netting over the cleavage and bra pads under the lace looks were awful. As said above, if you want to show your cleavage, that’s fine, but  why the netting? Are you protecting your  breasts from mosquitos? For me It just ruins the elegance of the line. 

The challenge with illusion netting is that if you want it to be skin-toned (vs. just a sheer version of whatever color the dress is) it’s not supposed to show. I remember Philly Kate’s wedding dress had it on top and it was like two shades darker than her very fair skin. It’s not supposed to look like that. 

I think it’s mainly in place for modesty (although I don’t think Philly Kate’s dress was that scandalous), but if you want modesty, you could just buy something with a higher neckline. And I’m about to sound old too but if you want to go strapless, you need a good bra. If you’re busty like Alexis, it’ll cost you but it’s worth it. Really, a good bra that fits correctly can make a HUGE difference in terms of the way anything fits and looks.

Part of the issue is that the dresses can’t be altered in the time allotted so they have to take what they can get off the rack, which means sometimes things don’t fit as well as they could. Like gapping in the cups is something that can be fixed in alterations but they don’t have time for that.

Lindy and Stacia’s dresses were interchangeable to me. Not BAD, but very similar. I don’t like Alexis’s dress at all.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 5

I suspect the other issue is that these stores may give them a limited choice of gowns. Didn’t one of the brides on a previous seaon once chip in some of her own money so she could get a better dress? 

btw does anyone know why the Australian MAFS thread was never unlocked? It’s a struggle to find it, but I’m still watching. 

9 minutes ago, Cramps said:

I suspect the other issue is that these stores may give them a limited choice of gowns. Didn’t one of the brides on a previous seaon once chip in some of her own money so she could get a better dress? 

Boston Alyssa bought ten (!) of her own dresses in addition to seeing what the show had on offer. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Cramps said:

btw does anyone know why the Australian MAFS thread was never unlocked? It’s a struggle to find it, but I’m still watching. 

Please see my note, it tells you where to discuss Australia.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Cramps said:

I was having trouble finding it too, so I “Followed” it and now it appears on my homepage.  Here’s a direct link to it: 

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/109217-married-at-first-sight-australia

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

he’s not…

Too much boobage showing on Alexa.  She should have left the straps on.  Looks sloppy for a bride.

11 minutes ago, Cramps said:

I went on the other day and got confused.  I don’t even know what number I left off of.  They should have at least finished the season.  Anyone have any info?  I think I left off at the first dinner party.  I even forgot their names.

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I saw the hint of a red flag with Mitch last week when he proudly declared that he would make a scene (if a restaurant refused to fill his cup or some such nonsense) and this episode sealed the deal.  Anger at the make-up/hair stylist, telling his friends that he would not show all of his 'freakiness (or some such concept)' at the wedding, etc.  He really thinks he is special and that all of the world should meet his demands.  I think he will have expectations that Krysten adapt to his lifestyle.  Did he even tell the stylist what he wanted done?  Yeah, I didn't think so-so when marrying one at first sight I think one's beard should be trim and neat looking...

And what was with the pastor/officiant/justice of the peace at Nate and Stacia's wedding reading the part about Nate being a 'freak in the sheets' at their wedding?  Even if his friends did write that, have some class and just edit it out DURING the wedding ceremony.  Of course, by all of the reactions of the participants this season they all see it as a comedy show to begin with (Alexis and her lipstick on her teeth thing as well as various comments by the participants).

Loved Stacia's mom.  Hated that Krysten ambushed her dad (dropping big news while he was being filmed).  It also seemed like he thought he was coming for a vacation with his daughter and instead he will see her for the wedding and then be on his own.  I personally hate these kinds of ambushes.  At least Lindy told her dad and he was able to make the decision not to participate.  Krysten's dad is really kind of stuck while having his face shown on the show.

All new things this season.  Engagement rings given before the ceremony.  The stripper going down on Nate, and other x-rated stuff inappropriate for a wedding.  I’m not a prude, but this new stuff is too much.  Is show getting desparate?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

All new things this season.  Engagement rings given before the ceremony.  The stripper going down on Nate, and other x-rated stuff inappropriate for a wedding.  I’m not a prude, but this new stuff is too much.  Is show getting desparate?

I totally agree!!  I thought it was pretty disgusting that Nate did that, but even more disgusting that the editors put it into the show. 🤨

I wonder how long the engagement rings thing will last. As long as the owner of that company wants to be a sponsor. 😆

And yes, this show is getting desperate. It’s turning into a “The Bachelor/The Bachelorette” type thing.  Too much frivolity, in my opinion. And frivolity is great, in the right settings, but this season is already too ridiculous. Again, JMHO. YMMV. 😬

• Love 2
13 hours ago, kikicat said:

Exactly my question!!  Krysten's dress could have been so pretty but.............

Couldn't they have gotten Alexis a proper fitting dress?? or a tailor?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I totally agree!!  I thought it was pretty disgusting that Nate did that, but even more disgusting that the editors put it into the show. 🤨

I wonder how long the engagement rings thing will last. As long as the owner of that company wants to be a sponsor. 😆

And yes, this show is getting desperate. It’s turning into a “The Bachelor/The Bachelorette” type thing.  Too much frivolity, in my opinion. And frivolity is great, in the right settings, but this season is already too ridiculous. Again, JMHO. YMMV. 😬

There’s enough crap on tv now.  Why can’t it be a simple nice wedding with pretty dresses, nice venues, happy people and nice scenery.  Here comes the fighting, name calling, disrespect, etc.  Then divorces.  Yuk.  Same crap, different season.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

What struck me (first time watching this season) was that there was too much interplay/talking happening during the wedding. They kept responding to everything the other one said, and especially during the "what my 'friends' want you to know about. . ." segments. They can talk later, but, to me, it was distracting. 

I made it through most of the show, but did give up while that one (don't know names yet) was TRYING to tell her dad about the wedding. Um, did she think he might wonder what the cameras were doing there? She told him that she was getting married tomorrow (or was it that day?) and I am assuming he said no. I think I already don't like her.

I thought Miguel looked cute. I didn't like his drug selling comment. 

I did learn that one of the brides has been proposed to three times before. Why haven't you guys mentioned that?😉

And, what does "A whole wife" even mean? I did like the mother with the longish gray hair. She was lovely and smart. Have we seen pets yet?

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I’m wondering if that scene with the father was real or staged.  You never know with this show.  Btw, Krysten has some figure.  Perfection.  I don’t know about him tho.  He seems like a drag about things.  Like a perfectionist or something.  Or a ball buster.  Seems rigid about things.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

And, what does "A whole wife" even mean? 

“A whole …” is used in African-American vernacular English for emphasis. I had an acquaintance who found out the guy she was dating had a baby, and when she told me she said “He had a whole baby!” It’s just used to stress something - there’s no “half a wife.”

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Exactly my question!!  Krysten's dress could have been so pretty but.............

Couldn't they have gotten Alexis a proper fitting dress?? or a tailor?

I’m ancient, so we had bridal gowns with either scoop neck or boat neck, but we also went into the church with a Priest.  Now, they get married in the field with boobs hanging out.  No likie.  Plus, most of the gowns had long sleeves, some with lace.  Pretty.  Now, it’s all strapless.  For me, I can’t see a bridal gown being strapless, but what do I know?  It’s a wedding, not a Prom.   Maybe someday, the old dresses will come back like everything else.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

At least Lindy told her dad and he was able to make the decision not to participate.  Krysten's dad is really kind of stuck while having his face shown on the show.

Maybe all the participants whose parents refused to attend their wedding should've been ambushed like Krysten's dad. Maybe they would've gone through with it to look good on camera. 🤣 They should show up & support their child. Krysten was too dramatic & even asked wrong. She should've said it'd mean the world to her if he'd walk her down the aisle. I'm over her bulging eyes, annoying voice, & dramatics. I'm also over Mitch's multiple hissy fits. He doesn't have the right temperament. How was he able to hide it from the experts? 🤔

Edited by Lindz
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I did learn that one of the brides has been proposed to three times before. Why haven't you guys mentioned that?😉

Because we're like ACE from last season -- We're GOOD PERSONS!!!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 12

1 ugly dress down, 4 more to go. I hate the see-through/lingerie tops. Especially the ones with visible boob pads that don't match the bride's skin tone. I mean, really? How do they look at that in the mirror & think it looks good? Same with the slit to the navel. Just no. Aside from them being see-through, the neckline or style is ugly anyway.😒 2 more to go. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, kikicat said:

I assumed that the panels were there to make up for lack of quality construction, i.e., if the (usually sleeveless) top plunges down to the navel and the bride bends over, without proper construction the front will gape open and everything (boobage) could come tumbling out. 

I thought Stacia was not going to be into Nate, but unless Nate is just being very sedate, I would guess he's not bowled over by Stacia, although her bank account sounds promising. 

And yeah, Mitch with his hissy fit about the (very complimentary) beard trim was a huge turnoff.  Red Flag incoming!

I felt sorry for the nuptials that had to be postponed due to Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Funny how Nate's family/friends said he's not one for small talk when he just asked his MIL a typical, small talk question when he first met her. Also, he needs to cut off his ridiculous hair & wear make-up. I still wouldn't be able to look at him, but he'd look a little bit better. 🤣

• Like 2

Miguel & Lindy's officiant sure brought the PERSONALITY!!! He seemed like a seasoned pro! He even stepped away before their kiss. He's the best officiant this show has ever had! Can you tell I'm impressed? 😅

• LOL 1
  • Love 4