Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Finale: Top 3 To 1

I agree it would have been interesting to see Machi battling it out with Rod Man and Lachlan, instead of Nikki.  However, I think the judges were determined to have a woman in the finals, no matter how unfunny she was.

• Love 1

I thought Lachlan had the better two sets in the finale of the 3 but still wanted Rod Man to win.

Would love to see a "best of" Last Comic Standing, bring back a bunch of previous competitors and have them compete.

The show only works every few years or so because otherwise I think you run out of talent to showcase.

• Love 2

Actually I think I'd just like to see Lachlan, Gary Gulman, Rod Man and Amy Schumer in a "Friends" type series

Also Lachlan reminds of of Cheyenne Jackson, who played Danny Baker on 30 Rock

Both are tall, Canadian, dark haired and Danny Baker was hired on 30 Rock as an unknown performer to be on the show.

• Love 1

By the way, I just realized that the losing comics really need to be shown sitting down or something. You know, to demonstrate that they're no longer "standing." Maybe everyone could have a cardboard standee that gets ceremonially knocked over. It took eight seasons for someone to figure this out?

Genius.

• Love 1

By the way, I just realized that the losing comics really need to be shown sitting down or something. You know, to demonstrate that they're no longer "standing." Maybe everyone could have a cardboard standee that gets ceremonially knocked over. It took eight seasons for someone to figure this out?

Genius.

Genius indeed.  Maybe their cardboard cutout could get knocked over by a pie in the face?

Also Lachlan reminds of of Cheyenne Jackson, who played Danny Baker on 30 Rock

Both are tall, Canadian, dark haired and Danny Baker was hired on 30 Rock as an unknown performer to be on the show.

Cheyenne Jackson: not a real Canadian, just played one on TV.

Edited by beedub
  • Love 1

It was so obvious that RodMan was going to win because he was Keenan's favorite all along. Lachlan was MUCH funnier and RodMan's delivery made it really hard to follow what he was saying. How can someone who says 'UH' every 3 seconds win this show?  I wish Joe Machi had won - he was the funniest person there.

• Love 4

Top 5.  It's not unheard of for them to do different groupings after that initial tour for their own benefit. (For example I saw Alonzo, Iliza, and Jon Heffron perform together on a "LCS Winners Tour".)  But the official tour after the season is the top 5, so Rod Man, Nikki, Lachlan, Machi, and Rocky will all be going.

Funny, I'd probably enjoy 6-10 almost as much as 1-5... guess that means they had good contestants, right?

It was so obvious that RodMan was going to win because he was Keenan's favorite all along. Lachlan was MUCH funnier and RodMan's delivery made it really hard to follow what he was saying. How can someone who says 'UH' every 3 seconds win this show?  I wish Joe Machi had won - he was the funniest person there.

I agree all the way around!  I think Machi sort of did the "UH" but he did it with a pause, which was much more effective than saying "uh" "uh" "uh" all the time.

Well, comedy is definitely subjective. Lachlan, for me, was funnier in the finale, but that was the only time in the entire competition I thought he was funnier than Rod Man. I had no trouble following what Rod Man was saying, but that may be why he repeats his punchlines. Maybe others have told him they have trouble understanding him.

I don't think Rod won because he was Keenan's favorite. I think Rod Man won because the judges thought that, over the course of the show, he was funniest one. It's subjective, but I don't sense any type of producer shenanigans with the winner. Now, if Nikky had won, maybe. LOL.

• Love 3

I live in South texas and the elote con mayonesa is very popular here. Sold out of trucks, from snow cone stands, and in grocery stores. However, its more popular in a cup than on a cob. Its mixed with mayo, lemon, and chile.....delicious.

Sounds yummy!  I must be too far north in California.  We've got taco trucks all over the place but no corn trucks.