Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E2 & 3: Fentanyl Family

• Start Topic

The replay is on before the new episode and I realized I meant to post about this last week. This is supposedly the "largest" single intervention they've ever done at one time (mom, dad, three siblings)...as ever, the one person you thought wouldn't make it -- the brother who was so far gone he had drug-induced paranoid psychosis, is the one who made it (and mom's random boyfriend who got clean and got out, lol). Go figure. I felt for the half-sister who was trying to have things work out for her dad and her beleaguered assortment of half-siblings. Time for her to move on, methinks.

Star of the episodes: grandma's curly wig game, hands down.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, tljgator said:

The replay is on before the new episode and I realized I meant to post about this last week. This is supposedly the "largest" single intervention they've ever done at one time (mom, dad, three siblings)...as ever, the one person you thought wouldn't make it -- the brother who was so far gone he had drug-induced paranoid psychosis, is the one who made it (and mom's random boyfriend who got clean and got out, lol). Go figure. I felt for the half-sister who was trying to have things work out for her dad and her beleaguered assortment of half-siblings. Time for her to move on, methinks.

Star of the episodes: grandma's curly wig game, hands down.

It was a surprise that's for sure that the brother who was the 'worst' affected managed to get and stay clean. I hope the rest of the family have found sobriety in the mean time.

One thing though and it may sound insensitive, but I preferred the interventions of old where there were a mix of addictions. I appreciate fentanyl is rife but after watching last season and the opening episodes of this one, they become a bit same same and I tend to tune out a lot of the time.

• Love 2

It does get kind of repetitive. In fact, Ken tackled one similar to this as the opener for the Las Vegas season ~where most of the family was using. But yeah, grandma is no shrinking violet in her wig choice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There are stand-alone episodes in addition to the fentanyl family ones. Last night was a young mother who is a former model. My TV cut off just as the episode was explaining that she had left treatment. Did anyone see the full update?

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

There are stand-alone episodes in addition to the fentanyl family ones. Last night was a young mother who is a former model. My TV cut off just as the episode was explaining that she had left treatment. Did anyone see the full update?

Sarah left on day 60, came back, left and then went to a state sponsored treatment center for a few days . 
The last screen I saw said  she had asked to come back to the original center on June 28. They said yes if her family paid towards  it( no idea if it was part or all). She went back to treatment that day.  
I only half  watched this one, but I did feel that she at least understood what she was doing to her child and wanted to be a better person.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 7/12/2022 at 5:44 PM, Pi237 said:

I missed the beginning-what was the family trauma they kept mentioning?

Watched the one with Sarah, the young mother/model last night. She bailed out of the treatment center twice, wanted to come back a third time, so they offered her a state-sponsored rehab, but she wanted to go back to the nicer one, so the family agreed to pay for some of it. She just got back into rehab on June 28, so hopefully she is still there!

Her childhood trauma was that mom got addicted to meth after becoming depressed during a bad relationship, and after getting sober, they had to stay in a shelter for a while. However, Sarah seemed to come through that okay and build a successful modeling career and get into a relationship with the guy from My Chemical Romance. (She was a 19 yo fan, he was 32 and married.) Then Ford Models told her to take her career to the next level she needed to be even thinner, so she took vicodin to dull her hunger, and when she couldn't get that, moved to heroin. 

Sarah seemed way far gone, and I did not find this new interventionist particularly insightful or commanding. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1