Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E01: Week1

• Start Topic

(edited)
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

For a minute there I forgot Rachel was a pilot. Whoa!

Did not like Ryan shushing Gabby even in jest. He didn’t ask anything about her. She seemed to like him the best tnoigj. 

Absolutely. Ryan is a total red flag. She should run far away, but she won't and I suspect he will provide the drama they love. He will move on, but stay tuned for a future episode of Dateline. 

Also, I agree with others. Clayton should be "he who will not be named." Leave him alone. It's over. You were in a reality show and you got what happens in reality shows. They let you try again. Be gracious and tell people not to bring him up again. But I guess that wouldn't help the ratings. 

Edited by MadeleineElster
  • Love 5

It would actually be refreshing if in addition to them saying they don't want Clayton constantly brought up, that while he did hurt them, they don't condone bullying him.. it's over and they've moved on.  

I was hoping they wouldn't be pitting them against each other - I wasn't sure how they would handle this but I didn't like them greeting everyone together and apparently having ceremonies where on can reject a rose in favor of the other woman.  It just feels misogynistic - but it is Fleiss afterall.  I thought the entrances were awkward because it felt like most turned their attention to Gabby right away.  It could be because she was on the left and it felt more natural to start in that direction - but she's also taller and going to attract more off the bat attention than Rachel - so it didn't seem nice. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

was it my imagijnation, or was erich really trying to flirt with rachel after the whole kiss with gabby? Its the first episdoe they need to have the names up all the time

kaitlyn and tayshia were so annoying. really like jesse.

It was definitely Erich who made out with Gabby, very intensely, and then flirted with Rachel and almost kissed her but thought better of it.  I suspect Gabby gave the FI rose to Mario because she knew she could be sure of him.  Not so sure about Erich, who seemed to just want a rose and not care who gave it to him--but she and Erich have better chemistry IMO.  Mario seemed much sweeter.

I found it interesting that Gaby's thing is her "humor," and Rachel's thing is her "heart."  Gaby also made a big thing of having "dated em all" when they talked about each other's types and was playing the field at the RC more than Rachel, while Rachel is selling herself as America's sweetheart here for love.  I wonder how that is going to play out?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

kaitlyn and tayshia were so annoying. really like jesse.

Jesse is blander than bland, but still comes off way better than Kaitlyn and Tayshia with their borderline "Mean Girls" vibe. Remember them literally peeking through bushes and making snarky comments about every guy who walked up? If the producers had let Kaitlyn or Tayshia host solo, they might've been fine, but that's not the way their two seasons as co-hosts were set up.

Props to whichever guy pointed out that Magic Dude's tricks would have a short shelf life.

The twins' duo conversation was a total bust, and I suspect Rachel and Gabby went to the producers afterwards and said "This isn't working. We want to each talk to the guys solo. One of us will take the fireplace, and the other will take the backyard."

• Love 2

I'm here for some mindless, hopefully fun entertainment. I like that the girls have each other to lean on through this.

I appreciate Gaby and Rachel not making us slog through a tedious rose ceremony when they already knew for sure who they wanted to cut. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I watched the first hour of the show, then I remembered and quickly switched to another show I watch that started last night and is in its final season. (BCS).  I don’t know if I’ll be watching this Gabby/Rachel season too much. I can’t stand listening to Gabbys speech pattern or her forced laughter after everything she says to punctuate the “funny” claims she has about herself. Her bottom lip, now beefed up was an unnecessary mistake on her part. Looks like she unfortunately got a huge zit on her upper right forehead thats been covered up for grand opening night. 

The introductions with all the props has become tedious with so many opting for the chance to stand out from the get-go. Most of the attempts were lame. The poor little chicks where Gabby almost killed hers, by almost letting it fall out of her hands in an attempt to let it fly, got me very nervous for the sweet little innocent “prop”. 

The clown hair/nose guy could be the missing triplet of the Clayton/Jessie look-alike team. How many more are out there?

I’m glad Rachel must have picked up on our noticing that her lip gloss has the tendency to creep upwards to her nose and it seems she is trying to keep it in check in her talking head segments, though I did see it creeping up past the lip line about halfway thru the first episode. That is so distracting when you are looking at her face and must be, very much so, when talking to her.

The twins from Connecticut were a disappointment for me. I am from there and they were duds and had too much saliva shining on their wet bottom lips after they licked them often, for moisture. Its a turn off to see overly wet lips from someones own saliva. Seems like they, as twins, share that trait. Plus they looked so young, like boys, compared to the others.

Sorry to snark on this first episode, but thats my game and I am not feeling into the inevitable false drama that will be pushed onto the viewers for “shock” value.

I just watched the second half on hulu and take back my happiness that Rachel was more aware of keeping her lipgloss only on her lips. Her shiny, wet looking philtrum is distracting me again. Oh boy, I just saw the coming previews which are just chuck full of drama and crying from all involved in this show, ..meaning all the guys too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I liked Gabby, but wowzers, what did she do to herself? Fish lips for sure but her face looks puffy. Botox? Not good at all. Why do they do that? Please tell me it wasn’t because of that idiot Clayton.

• Love 3
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m wondering which episode the waterworks start? I’d guess next week.

I’m guessing it ramps up when the guys start picking sides/Bachelorettes.   Only so long can the guys stay in one undifferentiated blob.  The only question for me is whether the Bachelorettes pick and choose or the guys do.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I’m guessing it ramps up when the guys start picking sides/Bachelorettes.   Only so long can the guys stay in one undifferentiated blob.  The only question for me is whether the Bachelorettes pick and choose or the guys do.  

Looks to me like the women can give the bachestants a rose but they can refuse, and often do!

• Love 2

Gabby has a cute dog!

It seems like Rachel and Gabby are more excited to see each other than to meet new men.

Hi Jared and Ashley. A crawdad is a crawfish, Ashley.

• Love 1

Zach seems like a nice guy. The next guy with the three women in his life seems OK, too. Aven seems decent, too.

Jordan's introduction was creative. Didn't get the next guy's name. And someone had a poem and Mario had a nice dance.  Juggler was OK, and the guy acting like a cheerleader so so.

• Love 1

Logan and his two chick's! Poor little birds, they just want to be back in their little pen with their friends.

TMI, Quincy Prince.  The clown guy is kind of weird.

So how did this guy get a high school quartet to sing a song? Alec looks ki d of doughty.

I'm getting kind of worried about those chick's. It's not good for them just to be sitting in someone's hands away from food and water.

Roby's just showing off to potential clients, he doesn't care about the women.

Here's fake Fabio!

• Love 1

Nice horse! Jacob's funny, I hope he stays awhile.

Oh here's the Twin and the other twin aka Thing One and Thing Two.

The guy is the chairs is nice.

At first I thought Jesse was another contestant coming up. Thing One and Thing Two look like they're in high school.

At least there is plenty of food.

• Love 1

Hayden should get his hand off of Rachel's leg. It's a little too soon.

Fabio with his list! I think lists are a red flag.

That one guy looks like Jesse. The one who really hit it off with Gabby.

Aven was probably being respectful with Rachel, Jordan, too, and that's why they didn't kiss her.

• Love 1

I don't like Logan. I wrote this when he was talking to Rachel and now he's being smooth with Gabby.

And I think Gabby's getting a little drunk. Eric's cute.

Fabio's thinking ahead a little too much. "What happens if both Rachel and Gabby give me a rose?" He shouldn't worry so much.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Roby’s just showing off to potential clients, he doesn't care about the women.

I had the same thought.

Does anyone else think Hayden looks a bit like Grocery Store Joe?

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Looks like she unfortunately got a huge zit on her upper right forehead thats been covered up for grand opening night. 

We were speculating it was an infected needle mark from fillers or botox.  

Edited by eyelash
originally typed need instead of needle.
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

It looks like Gabby's "enhancements" have added a good ten years. Why mess with youth? Color me perplexed.

I think Rachel is stunning, a radiant smile and sparkling eyes, but she looks "stumpy", for lack of a better word, next to Gabby. I think this "shared" premise cannot end well. I also give side eye to Jesse's repeated use of the words "deserving women" to describe Rachel and Gabby. Deserving of what? Public humiliation and ridicule? Deserving of a bunch of arrogant famewhore men? This is a disturbing narrative no matter how you look at it. 

Also, the vilification of Clayton is disgraceful and unnecessary. He was just a good Bachelor puppet and did what he was told. It's not like he was the first to sleep with all the contestants. 

Edited by sauce62
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

Gabby should not wear heels when positioned next to Rachel. I also wonder why they didn't switch sides when the bachelors came to meet them. It is habitual to start from left to right, so Gabby got the advantage of being greeted first. They should have switched positions between each man or half-way through. Rachel seemed the lowly sidekick the way they had it set up.

• Love 4
On 7/11/2022 at 7:18 PM, dizzyd said:

They’re wearing the same dresses they wore to ATFR so guess they started filming this season that night. 

I thought I recognized Rachel's dress.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2022 at 7:57 PM, sauce62 said:

I also give side eye to Jesse's repeated use of the words "deserving women" to describe Rachel and Gabby. Deserving of what? Public humiliation and ridicule? Deserving of a bunch of arrogant famewhore men? This is a disturbing narrative no matter how you look at it. 

Good ear!  Good insight!  Isn't it time for The Bachelor Nation to be DE-franchised?

• Mind Blown 1

I think Rachel is more polished and bachelorette- like ( saying the right things , emotional , “ vulnerable “ etc . Gabby looks kinda repulsed by all the guys while Rachel looks like she’s always in love instantly . I personally don’t find any of this seasons guys attractive but I guess as the season goes on , more of them will become cuter when they’re not all blended in . Gabby is an attractive girl but is starting to look like Stephen Tyler . The fillers and Botox are making her look 20 years older than she probably does naturally and certainly older than she looked on Clayton’s season . I don’t find either girl to be a knockout looks - wise but I do like Rachel’s sparkly eyes and they both seem like sweet people . 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

How many life and mentality coaches do we need this season?! Yowzah wowzah!  Tino has a very sculptural face- love the cheekbones and jaw and angular light eyes.  Meatball is a loveable cute kid who I'd fully entrust with meatball recommendations.  Juggling Ethan is a cute man and I'd love to take him out for some hot wings.  Jason is a stud muffin.  Gaby's recently injected lips look like two Denny's Grand Slam sausages.   Rachel has a lot of confidence to bare her bikini line in a dress.  Who will win the hearts of most of the men? A leggy former cheerleader with an inability to wear a bra or a petite blonde pilot with feathered eyebrows and a whispery voice? It's all gal pals and rainbows so far, but I'm fully prepared for a full-on Betty and Veronica bitch fight, crying men, smeared mascara, and random ambulance appearances! Let the games and wrong reasons begin 😄!

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 7/14/2022 at 2:57 AM, sauce62 said:

Also, the vilification of Clayton is disgraceful and unnecessary. He was just a good Bachelor puppet and did what he was told. It's not like he was the first to sleep with all the contestants. 

I actually liked Clayton but he was dumb and easily manipulated by whoever kissed him last. Gabby was obviously his #3, far behind Rachel and Susie, but she was dead-set on sleeping with him, it was obvious and he had no way of escape. He was being nice (and stupid) by telling her some love stuff during, but there was no real love connection between them before that. She just really wanted to get him into bed. I don´t think there has even been a woman more excited for a fantasy suite date than her.

I think this season may be more fun than the last few bachelorette seasons have been, at least I am hoping. I like Gabby, she is more attractive now than before and the guys are into her personality.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1