Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Generation Loss

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Ottis said:

The show made many of us care in season one, when it was about robots becoming aware of their groundhog day abuse by humans on vacation. Many people were rooting for robots. Now, though, robots in charge doesn't seem to be any better morally, so I don't know what the show wants us to think. Both humans and awakened robots suck?

Clearly both humans and awakened robots have the capacity to either suck or not suck, depending on their choices.

I can’t be the only one that feels Season 4 is turning into Battlestar Galáctica.  A succession of human-hosts (cylons) wars with one or the other prevailing for a time. 
One thing I do not understand: in Halores’s world, the humans might be controlled by the flies or the Tower, but the hosts (including Maya if she truly is a host) have to be aware that they are robots, that they manufactured, that they do not change or grow old, that they can be repaired, and that their mind is self-aware software, and their memories are backed up and can be downloaded in a different body (just like the Battlestar Galáctica’s humanoid cylons).

if they are not aware of their robotic nature, they are exactly the same puppets the WW hosts were, created to mimic humans, with fake memories of imaginary parents and friends. Toys, manufactured just for the entertainment of Halores. 

Random detail that's been bugging me.  Maeve explains that when she reached out to Caleb and blew out the grid (or whatever), that put both Maeve and Caleb on Hale's radar.

Are they implying that Hale was unable to find Caleb until Maeve came out of hiding?  I find that impossible to believe, if so.