Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Point and Shoot

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

Was Jimmy Tuco's attorney? 

Ewpps, Thinking about the "Get in" scene from the back of Jessie's car. That was Walt not Saul who was 'invited".

On 7/15/2022 at 3:58 PM, Colorado David said:

i wonder what vince gilligan's next project will be? hopefully we won't have to wait too long after BCS wraps up.

"Good Morning Lyle. I won't be in today or tomorrow. But I do have one request:

I need you to drive my Jaguar to the beach in California, you'll be compensated for the extra hours"

Coming soon to AMC+: Lyle Breaks Bad, the chickens cry sangre por sangre!

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, Eulipian 5k said:

(Gus knows that the guy with his head in the trash basket at P.H. is not up to Pollos standards.)

We haven't seen Gus need a lawyer, have we?

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, gallimaufry said:

But I think the killer here would be that she would leave because she wants to make a change and she knows that Jimmy is incapable of that.  This will be both true and also a completely enforcement of Chuck's view that he will always be Slipping Jimmy. 

It's also kind of a tie-in with The Days of Wines and Roses. One partner gets straight, and the other is sucked under.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Help me out here... After Lalo was killed and Mike and the boys were back, they were in a room working on Gus's wound. The wound was on his lower left side just above his belt line, I know he also got blood on his hand when feeling that area after collapsing when Lalo died. How did he receive that injury? All I remember was Lalos gun shot to Gus' Kevlar vest right at his heart? 

Also Mike said the doctor was just crossing the border and three hours away. I'm sure that the same doc for the poisoning in Mexico but I find it hard to believe that in Mikes network they don't have a local doc for these kind of things

Edited by SimplexFish
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2022 at 12:02 AM, Bannon said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Prominent people do not simply disappear in open and shut cases, even with heavy suggestions of cocaine abuse, and shoes and car found at the beach. Resources are expended, and lives are reconstructed.

I think the case would have to remain open without a body. Having the tidy wallet, ring, shoes set up might tingle an investigator's spidey senses. Not to mention that two name partners of a prominent law firm have perished in a fairly short time frame. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SimplexFish said:

Help me out here... After Lalo was killed and Mike and the boys were back, they were in a room working on Gus's wound. The wound was on his lower left side just above his belt line, I know he also got blood on his hand when feeling that area after collapsing when Lalo died. How did he receive that injury? All I remember was Lalos gun shot to Gus' Kevlar vest right at his heart? 

Didn't Lalo shoot at him when Gus shot at Lalo? They were both taking shots in the dark. Gus's shot was just fatal while Lalo only wounded him.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

I think the case would have to remain open without a body. Having the tidy wallet, ring, shoes set up might tingle an investigator's spidey senses. Not to mention that two name partners of a prominent law firm have perished in a fairly short time frame. 

The biggest factor is that Cheryl doesn't believe Howard was a drug addict, and any intelligent person who kept up on such things (and I think Cheryl is a lawyer or doctor herself) would know that hair samples taken from his hair brush, or, hell, the Jag, would establish that it was almost impossible that Howard was a drug addict. I dunno if the writers are going to do anything with that, and if they don't, there's enough in this episode for me to give weight to the consequence to Howard's murder, but I kind of see this the same way I saw how credible it was that Walt could have the Aryans carry out simulteaneous witness assassinations in multiple prisons in several states. It doesn't ruin anything for me, but it's a rare instance of some weaker plotting.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 1
On 7/15/2022 at 9:09 PM, nodorothyparker said:

They've all said as much in every interview I've seen this week. Jimmy was willing to stay and risk Lalo killing him if it meant Kim could get away.  I haven't seen any of them weigh in on whether Jimmy would have thought Kim would actually try to carry out the hit to try to save him.

Well, I did think Jimmy was saying anything to get Kim away safe, but also, he was right about Kim. She was the better choice to do the killing.  She has more kick ass than Jimmy does and Lalo couldn’t argue with that. Lol

On 7/12/2022 at 9:52 PM, scenario said:

Kim has classic PTSD. She's in shock. Her mind is disconnected from her body. She's not capable of forming a coherent thought. That sometimes happens to people who witness something traumatic. Seeing someone you've known for years brutally and casually murdered a few feet in front of you is going to be traumatic for just about anyone. They called it shell shock in the first world war and combat fatigue in the second world war. It happens. 

It did have classic PSTD. It is really hard to explain unless you have been thru it.

I had severe PTSD from the living hell my ex put me thru, and I was lucky to get out alive. To this day (almost 30 years later) my parents and my sister do not have any understanding of the hell I went through. 

I had to disconnect in order to survive. (The brain is an amazing thing). You have to act like normal to connect to the world. My mind and my body were so disconnected. 
I cannot even imagine what it would be like to see someone you know murdered in front of you.

As others have posted, these writers and directors are pure poetry. They have an incredible understanding of human behavior, including trauma.

They way they have folded and evolved the characters and the psyche into who we met in Breaking Bad is amazing. Especially since the origins of Saul Goodman were not a back story for Breaking Bad.

• Love 8

In the previous season, Kim had just observed her husband agree to lug $7 million of cartel money through the desert to get a murder suspect out of lockup; she had to endure having the husband go missing for several hours; she visited the murder suspect in person to get information about the job, without success; and she had the murder suspect visit them at their home and question the husband's actions.  

Could these events have caused PTSD in Kim?  Could PTSD explain Kim's fixation on bringing down Howard?  

8 hours ago, PeterPirate said:

In the previous season, Kim had just observed her husband agree to lug $7 million of cartel money through the desert to get a murder suspect out of lockup; she had to endure having the husband go missing for several hours; she visited the murder suspect in person to get information about the job, without success; and she had the murder suspect visit them at their home and question the husband's actions.  

Could these events have caused PTSD in Kim?  Could PTSD explain Kim's fixation on bringing down Howard?  

People get a form of PTSD from social media. Especially kids, but that’s another story.

Think about the times, even on this forum, where somebody types something and they take your thoughts/ words out of context. “That rackin frackin so and so comPLETELY misinterpreted what I said!” and then you drive through a stop sign. Or nobody replies and you think everybody has blown you off.

Or, “why did that prick leave that shopping cart there?”

”Will that jackass get off my ass!.” in traffic.

The written word hides as well as exposes.

So if people get worked up over something like these, simple daily 1st world problems like parking lot courtesy infractions, I suspect the events noted by PETERPIRATE will definitely create some form of PTSD in Kim.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

Now that we know Howard and Lalo are buried in the lab together, it's kind of a shame the writers didn't know that when writing Breaking Bad.

Someone, perhaps Jesse from watching too much cable tv, becomes convinced the lab is haunted. The women working in the laundromat are reluctant to go downstairs to help Walt clean, not just because they've been forbidden, but because there are rumors of ghosts.

Imagine an episode titled The Ouija Board instead of The Fly. Though with all the security cameras, I don't know how it could be done.

I know. Very fan fictiony.

On 7/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I did think Jimmy was saying anything to get Kim away safe, but also, he was right about Kim. She was the better choice to do the killing.  She has more kick ass than Jimmy does and Lalo couldn’t argue with that.

It didn't matter to Lalo, though, as the sole purpose of that exercise was to create a diversion to Lalo could go after Gus. Either Jimmy or Kim could have gone. If Kim actually shot Gus, well, bonus.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 1

Lalo Salamanca: Vlogger. 

Finally! He's gone, but Howard deserved better. :(

Also a realistic burial scene. Nobody in the middle of the desert, with a shovel. miraculously digging a hole like that. 

It took me almost a year to get up the nerve, for lack of a better word,  to rewatch Season 6. It's been on Netflix for what, 3 months and I just couldn't do it.   Love the way they use lighting, etc to make Kim and Jimmy look like they aged 20 years in 3 hours. 

What they did to Howard was reprehensible.  How does someone like Kim get dragged down so much that she's the force behind this tragedy?   To see Jimmy be appalled at some of the stuff she pushed. 

They had their lives set up, her pro bono work, his Saul Goodman law firm. And they blew it all up for a practical joke. 

Heart breaking doesn't begin to describe it.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
On 4/25/2023 at 7:22 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

At the beginning when they revealed that the scene at the beach was Howard's car/fake suicide, my first thought was Hank criticizing Marie getting sushi since they were a 2 day's drive to the nearest ocean.

Yesterday at work a coworker was raving about a new restaurant that opened nearby, it sounds like a Mongolian Barbecue type place but it also has sushi.  

As we are even further than Albuquerque (Indianapolis) I reminded my coworker that getting sushi when you're at least 800-1000 miles from an ocean is not a great idea.   But hey, it's your stomach.