Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Chapter One Hundred and Fourteen: The Witches Of Riverdale

• Start Topic

SABRINA SPELLMAN (GUEST STAR KIERNAN SHIPKA) COMES TO TOWN — When several of their own fall prey to Percival’s (guest star Chris O’Shea) latest plan, Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) calls upon fellow witch Sabrina Spellman (guest star Kiernan Shipka) for help. Elsewhere, Percival gives Reggie (Charles Melton) an ultimatum.

Original Airdate: July 10, 2022   8:00-9:00 p.m.    CW
RVD619b_0324r-4fd55bf2b72d4c15.jpg
RVD619b_0524r-bec3fe5cdc3de02f.jpg

4 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

One of the better episodes so far, and a nice https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FullyAbsorbedFinale for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina!

i agree this was one of the better episodes.  One more week and this long season will finally be over.  This appearance by Sabrina had a much better payoff than the first one, which seemed like a waste of time and hype.  Cheryl bringing back too many people from the dead sounds just like her.

• Love 3

For better or worse, I agree that this was one of the better episodes in quite some time.  Still silly, but at least it was entertaining this go around.  And the inclusion of Sabrina did make for any interesting dynamic at least.  Still kind of think Kiernan Shipka is above being on a show like this, but at least she isn't slumming or phoning it in.

Everyone's "sweet after" was about what I expected.  Archie is living the happy, domestic life with Betty and two kids.  Toni (and Fangs) broker a peace between the Serpents and Ghoulies, and now Adult Anthony is happy and in love.  Jughead finds fame with his comics and can hear again.  Guess it isn't too surprising that they were all hesitant to leave, even though I knew it was only a matter of time.  At least Jughead gets his hearing back.

The fact that Frank didn't even flinch about Archie being "dead" really paints a picture that he's long gone now.  I wonder how this Alice would react if Betty ever died.

It's now Reggie's turn to realize that Percival is the worst thanks to his conscious (in the form of a doll, naturally!), so now he, his dad, and Kevin are all going to be executed which is totally a normal thing.  But he did get his hands on one of those magical daggers, so I'm sure that will come into play when the time calls for it!

Tabitha finds out that she is Riverdale's guardian angel but before that, she is here to reassure Veronica that she totally has an even chance against against Betty when it comes to being endgame with Archie.  In other words, the writers still don't know which pair will win out yet.

Cheryl using her powers to not just resurrect Nana Rose, but Jason and Polly is totally going to cause problems! 

• Love 1

The show seems all in on heading straight for the Archie/Betty/Veronica triangle for the final season I guess.

Did they forget that Charles is Jughead's older brother too? 

I actually forgot about the Polly/Jason stuff, it was so long ago. 

Are they really going to keep Jughead and Tabitha a couple until the end of the series? Really?

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

The show seems all in on heading straight for the Archie/Betty/Veronica triangle for the final season I guess.

Did they forget that Charles is Jughead's older brother too? 

I actually forgot about the Polly/Jason stuff, it was so long ago. 

Are they really going to keep Jughead and Tabitha a couple until the end of the series? Really?

My money is on the triangle being over by the end of the season. I think this is an AU, and the triangle will poof with it.

But then this whole season feels like a way for the writers to experiment with random crap without really committing to it. The triangle RAS swore he wouldn't do? Sure. The supernatural elements the show had always avoided? Yeah, why not. I strongly suspect a lot of what we're seeing now will cease to exist by the end of 6x22.

No way are Jughead and Tabitha (I'm sorry) endgame. They're being written as sort of friendly roommates who cringe when they touch.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

That actually did manage to be pretty fun, in the campy silly way that Riverdale is when its not mind-numbingly awful. That makes it one of the best episodes of the season, although that bar has been set pretty damn low. Its great to see Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina again, she's so good I think that she made everyone else step their game up, the main cast hasn't been this invested in the show all season, its like they all finally drank some coffee and woke up after sleepwalking through the whole season. I could nitpick how much this conflicts with established Sabrina lore, like how all woman can become witches after writing their name in a book and having a dance party, but even Sabrina was getting its lore messed up by the end, and I am glad that they used this as an opportunity to give the show a more proper finale. 

So now Reggie joins Kevin in the "this guy is obviously the villain" club, after a guilt trip/pep talk from his conscience that takes the form of a creepy doll, because of course it does. Luckily Reggie planned ahead before running in to save Kevin, making him possibly one of the smartest characters in the whole show. 

This officially confirms that its better to be dead than be in Riverdale, which is something I am sure that at least a few cast members have muttered during especially rough days on set after reading the latest scripts. Everyone's heavens are what you expect, cant exactly blame them for wanting to stay in happy world instead of the miserable hellscrape that is Riverdale, but of course they all come back. Including Jason and Polly! Wont Betty be surprised? Will we have to sit through Alice butchering another classic modern musical as she sings about her daughter being alive again? Jughead in his classic outfit is always fun, and I liked seeing Sabrina in her old comic look in heaven. 

At least everything in the sweet hereafter added some much needed color to this season, I am so sick of the constant dark color palette and rooms that desperately need a few more lights turned on.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

So in this heaven where you live with fake recreations of real people, what exactly happens when say, Betty dies and goes to Heaven to find Archie with Fake Betty and their fake kids?

I guess they ran out of money on the song rights budget, so they had the little witches dance to "Splish Splash."

This stupid show now ends about ten seconds after the DVR stops recording.  What exactly was Tabitha telling Toni and Fangs about what she learned in Heaven?  Aside from how ridiculous it is.

(edited)
15 hours ago, Dobian said:

This stupid show now ends about ten seconds after the DVR stops recording.  What exactly was Tabitha telling Toni and Fangs about what she learned in Heaven?  Aside from how ridiculous it is.

That's why I automatically program the DVR to end one minute later for every show (or movie) under the Record Series Options. A lot of them go a bit over on every channel.

She told them that Baby Anthony is immortal and that she herself is Riverdale's guardian angel.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I feel like I can already see the future.....Veronica doesn't know how to be alone, and Archie is the one immune to her toxins.....so after they stop Percival, she'll decide to get in-between Betty and Archie.

Tabitha shouldn't have told Veronica anything.