Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: A Distant Dream

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, candall said:

I didn't hear this, but I'm guessing it was Nick the professional brainiac.

No, it was Arielle who said the first part. I added the second part, I felt it was in keeping with the rest of the conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Steve is acting like a fifteen year old. And he's seriously flummoxed by his daughter's reaction? Guess no one has ever challenged anything he's ever said. 

Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Poor Steve. He’s such a victim.

He and Garrick could have a support group. Weepy, self pitying creeps anonymous.

• Love 12

Brenda's going to do whatever it takes to hold on to her well off husband. She's not going back to a one bedroom walkup on the poor side of town. 

1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Brenda, you don’t matter. Jayden believes that you broke up her family. That’s why she hates you.

And all her life Jayden has listened to her father tell her she's stupid and wrong to feel the way she feels. I hope she makes a break for it. That family is toxic. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

One of my kids is transgender.  Is that something that's problematic to you at all?  Because TLC will pay us each an extra $500 per episode if you can manufacture an epic meltdown.

• Fire 2
  • LOL 6

I am not the least bit surprised that Lea told Dannielle and Garrick to take a hike.  Something about their connection didn't seem authentic. Garrick didn't seem the least bit interested in her.  I can't help but wonder why Roberta still hasn't picked up her visa.  Something tells me she is no longer in the picture.   

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I have a "mild to moderate" case of face blindness, but I think they're rotating in about six different Arielles.  She looks different from one shot to the next!

(I don't really think they're switching Arielles.)

Edited by candall
There's no sarcasm font.
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

Well peeps, we made it through. Thanks for sitting up with me and supporting my trash TV habit. 

I have to take a shower now and attempt to wash off the grossness. Shudder. 

Good night all! Have a wonderful week! Counting down to Love After Lockup!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am not the least bit surprised that Lea told Dannielle and Garrick to take a hike.  Something about their connection didn't seem authentic. Garrick didn't seem the least bit interested in her.  I can't help but wonder why Roberta still hasn't picked up her visa.  Something tells me she is no longer in the picture.   

Ive missed the show but it was obvious that Roberta wanted to be wife 1 and slowly push Dani out of the picture. His relationship with Lea made her realize that she is easily disposable …hence the dragging of feet. She isn’t as important as she believed herself to be and that makes me lol.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hola peeps! I'm wicked sleepy but I am here and ready to snark! It is a testament to my love for you all that I am enduring the last few minutes of 90 Day Diaries and those shrieking howler monkeys Molly and Cynthia as I wait for the games to begin. 

I gotta say, I actually enjoy Molly and Cynthia.  I also think that moniker fits them perfectly.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wonder if Brenda is going to stick out her bottom lip and sigh some more. 

Steve is acting like a teenager. "The thought of having to choose between my daughter and bringing in another person is a no brainer! I need some strange!" 

And he doesn't understand where it all came from? THAT is rich. 

Boat Boy is thinking with his little dinghy.  Murky waters, indeed

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I love sunsets. Did you know they happen every day?"

He’s still a little flummoxed though, that they always occur outside the same window. You know, the one next to his thinking chair.  Maybe one of his wimmin will give him “Science for First Graders” for Christmas.  That should keep him transfixed until next summer!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
14 hours ago, candall said:

One of my kids is transgender.  Is that something that's problematic to you at all?  Because TLC will pay us each an extra $500 per episode if you can manufacture an epic meltdown.

I only caught about 10 minutes last night.  You have piqued my curiosity as to what that’s all about.  I’ll be in-the-know shortly.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Insipidian’s hair is so distracting.

If he wants a cool fade haircut he should go to a professional that actually knows how to do it. But we all know Insipidian is not cool. But...he's tall!

Garricks Danielle is cray. I can't get over how much she physically changed since Bert. Low cut shirts and dresses, titties always on display, dyed her hair blond, added extensions, lost weight so she's no longer the "big" one. She feels intense competition with Bert. Also, Bert has all her paperwork approved, everything is ready to go and she's telling them she will go pick everything up in two weeks.! Bish has no intention of ever coming to the US. Has she been studying English at all? Yeah, no. 

Could Steve's wife (sorry, don't know her name yet) be any more miserable? That sad sack crying face is too much. Just leave, already. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Steve is acting like a fifteen year old. And he's seriously flummoxed by his daughter's reaction? Guess no one has ever challenged anything he's ever said. 

He and Garrick could have a support group. Weepy, self pitying creeps anonymous.

I really like Jayden She just tells it like it is. Someday she'll write a book. "Polygamy and my f***ed up childhood and how I survived!"

Dr. Phil can have her on his show to promote the book.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, applewood said:

I really like Jayden She just tells it like it is. Someday she'll write a book. "Polygamy and my f***ed up childhood and how I survived!"

Dr. Phil can have her on his show to promote the book.

I'd buy the book.  Boat Boy thinks with his little head.  Brenda's mouth is in a permanent pout.  She was OK busting up Jayden's parents marriage, so it's no wonder Jayden avoids them.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 7/11/2022 at 10:26 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I do so love to listen to Nick expound on these things. He is so wise and you can tell that he spends a lot of time thinking. 

Here we go. Jealousy. The worst fault a woman must wrestle with. 

Well, Danielle. You'd better get used to "sharing your love" with other women. Cause these people are poly and into mixing things up, or I'm a turkey. 

After Nick got into bed with Wife#2, the scene shifted to Wife#1 and Danielle getting into a second bed, and covering up with an arm’s length in between.  I stopped in my tracks to wait for W1’s arm to reach across the gap to test the waters with Danielle.  Anyone else?

18 hours ago, South said:

He’s still a little flummoxed though, that they always occur outside the same window. You know, the one next to his thinking chair.  Maybe one of his wimmin will give him “Science for First Graders” for Christmas.  That should keep him transfixed until next summer!

Whoops!  I absolutely thought that was about Nick!

• Wink 1
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2022 at 10:04 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I wonder if Brenda is going to stick out her bottom lip and sigh some more. 

Steve is acting like a teenager. "The thought of having to choose between my daughter and bringing in another person is a no brainer! I need some strange!" 

And he doesn't understand where it all came from? THAT is rich. 

Boat Boy cannot be that clueless and blindsided and still be allowed to drive.  Brenda is a bundle of needs that can likely not be met.  Dang !  He really trolled for a simpleton-doormat when he “courted” her.  Oh, I loved his furtive plea to us to understand that polygamy had nothing to do with Wife#1 leaving.  That’s the Little Dinghy talking again.  He is so devoid of apt and appropriate emotion.  His facial expression and tone of voice don’t meet up with the words coming out of his pie hole.  He shared happy thoughts about the family making soup, and how it’s a family tradition.  Oy!  Again, his happy words didn’t match his overly-filled xanax face.  Additionally, if that’s a happy tradition, why did everyone look like they were gathered to bury the family dog?  Entirely out of touch.  On the other hand, Brenda is too tuned-in, and feels every danged thing

11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She'll never leave. She's snagged a man who appears to have money and a comfortable lifestyle. She'll do whatever it takes to keep it. 

There’s just so much snot.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Where did they get these people?  At least Sister Wives made us believe Polygamy was alive and well in the Brown household.

Then the network thought the public loves this and here we are.

Garrick hasn't looked the same since he wrestled Bert under the sheets!  Was he struck by lightning and unable to speak?  Did anybody think Lea was interested and would stay even one night?

Then there's Nick.  He's a strange bird.  Maybe there's more to him in the bedroom but whatever makes anybody droll over Nick?

Brenda loves Steve with money, boats, cruise.  Whatever he says, decides, wants is OK with her.

Gidean comes with all kinds of excitement doesn't he.  They wonder why nobody chooses them.  Let me count the ways of creepy!

I'd love to be at a casting for this show.  If this group got picked can you even imagine the rejects!  Gives me the willies!  😎

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Booger666 said:

Nick, the manliest of all men with the sex drive of one thousand bulls fakes orgasms by squirting a little lotion on a woman’s back?!  

CAA25141-7910-4B3C-92FA-B0A0F6091D39.jpeg

I had was watching the show and reading at the same time and thought I misunderstood what was being said. I am not sure how I feel about learning that he did say that.  These people are ...odd.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/11/2022 at 5:41 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

2) Lea ended the relationship.  What a shocker!

Ick and Dannnille were like, "oh no ok bye."

On 7/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, candall said:

I don't know.  I don't feel the need to reach through the screen and strangle Nick and his fillies.  Buy that California King and take out a loan for the linens and everybody tumble in there like a pile of fat puppies.

I am reading this at work, pretending that I am working, but you are blowing my cover as I just laughed out loud at this visual!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 7/11/2022 at 10:59 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m surprised that Insipidian isn’t a vegan.

I would also fully expect that he only eats fruits and veg from a limited portion of the color wheel, or maybe a raw only diet.  Something a little extra, because he’s just so danged special.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 7/11/2022 at 10:10 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Well the chemistry between these two is really crackling! The electricity jumps off the screen! "You're really tall!" "Here's the ocean" "You smell good". Poetry.

I wish they hadn’t edited out what would have been my favorite part…”you’re my king”… “I’m my king, too”.

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I had was watching the show and reading at the same time and thought I misunderstood what was being said. I am not sure how I feel about learning that he did say that.  These people are ...odd.

What did it mean when the rutting bull said that he fakes when it isn’t “going anywhere”?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2022 at 10:51 PM, candall said:

At first, I thought well that’s nice to know that there is possibly a dealbreaker in regards to his child’s comfort.  Then corrected myself by pointing out that if that was the motivation, he and Squeaky would have addressed it with A during a video date.  If it had been of paramount importance to discuss, he wouldn’t have waited till the knocking of boot was imminent.  Even if she said that she couldnt deal with his child, he was confident that he could coerce her into parting of the ways sex.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2

I feel like I need to shower. So we have Nick in what appears to be a large rental probably a block away from their house and the two ladies need to share a bed still? WTH? Bobble head Danielle gets to cozy up with wife no 1. Sideo hits the Philippians for sunsets and hopefully some sexy time, the previews look good for that hot mess coming next week. Steve and Brenda, clearly she is happy without having to share Steve and probably isn't into the polygamous life. Bert is looking more like a gold digger now that Garrick is probably sending her money every month and she doesn't seem to want to come to the US.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Nick, the manliest of all men with the sex drive of one thousand bulls fakes orgasms by squirting a little lotion on a woman’s back?!

I forget, is Jergens a sponsor of this show? 

On 7/11/2022 at 10:30 PM, candall said:

Buy that California King and take out a loan for the linens and everybody tumble in there like a pile of fat puppies.

I'm imagining a scrawny, yappy little chihuahua and three chubby pugs (no offense to chihuahuas or pugs) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The whole episode was cringey.  Nick and his harem are disgusting, kissing them one after another all that spit swapping and then the big nosed one gets the prize that night while Mama Cass and Bobblehead go off to share a bed.  Danielle’s constant shaking of her head is so annoying, I find it hard to watch this group.  

Poor Brenda, Jayden hit the nail on the head, you are not enough for Steve.  Garrick needs a B12 shot or something, he acts dopey and mopey all the time.  At least we didn’t have to see him crying like a little bitch about Bert.  I knew Leah wouldn’t work out, she can do so much better than sad sack Garrick.  Sidian is just a bore and this girl seems very nice.  Wonder if it worked out.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 7/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, I am HOWLING with laughter here. Steve is Garrick levels of self absorption and adolescent angst. 

"Nooooooo, its not about that! Its about luuuuuuuv!" 

We're in the Philippines! Cue the mud huts, chickens and feral dogs! 

NOT the feral dogs! NO!😼

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2022 at 9:19 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, yes, Garrick. You need to focus your attention on Bert. He's visibly panting with anticipation. 

God he's such an ineffectual, damp, stupid man. 

Seriously!  And do you think that prospective clients think he's a capable builder?  Hell to the nawwww....  I just wonder if the TLC $$$ is better than the homebuilding $$$.

I wouldn't trust him to turn on the kitchen faucet, much less BUILD MY HOUSE!!!!

On 7/11/2022 at 9:15 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

She's flitting around the house like a Disney princess, humming and ironing Sidian's underwear, then having a nice quiet wank as she hugs his t shirt to her bosom and listens to a recording of his droning voice. 

Honestly, this is one of the BEST sentences I've ever read in my life!! EVER.

• Love 3
On 7/11/2022 at 9:20 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Dannnniellllle seems so worn down. What does “a lot going on lately” mean?

Their homebuilding business has gone down the drain, along with the jobs her brothers have with that wanker. Next time brothers; pick a guy who has some SENSE!

• Love 3