Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

What word is t--t, Hoodoonoodooz? Toot? Test? Tent? Text? 😉 🤣 

During her TH when she was speaking about her daughter and family, she allllmost came off as likeable. Almost. Such a contrast to episode scenes, where she's just dry, simultaneously boring and nasty, and forever saying how much something costs or which famous people she knows.  She looked awful during her Sutton lunch, when she kept bugging her eyes out. Wearing a cap that was 5 sizes too small for her giant head was a bold choice! She needs to go, simply due to the constant 👅 👅 👅 👅 

I love that we all agree that she's awful! That has to be some sort of record.

If Hoodoonoodooz is from the UK, I’d say it’s ‘twat’!

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

The Hamlin/Rinna's are the Wish version of the Kardashians. I keep waiting for one of the daughters to "accidentally" leak a sex tape since Rinna has never had an original thought of her own. Since Rinna hustles so much, and has been in/around Hollywood so long, it kind of surprises me that she has never moved up in the show biz tiers. That must frustrate her to no end.

I can just see Rinna: "Pleeeease, HarryHamlin!!  Pleeease can't we make a sex tape?!" and poor Harry forevermore having to check the corners of the bedroom for a camera before he'll consent to have sex with her! 😂

• Wink 2
  • LOL 11
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, Seinfeld reference, Sutton ordered soup, "soup isn't a meal Jerry!"

I want to know why in their confessionals they’re all talking like David Lukner (the Cary Elwes character who was married to the Debra Messing character).

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, stcroix said:

I can just see Rinna: "Pleeeease, HarryHamlin!!  Pleeease can't we make a sex tape?!" and poor Harry forevermore having to check the corners of the bedroom for a camera before he'll consent to have sex with her! 😂

8d2ac03a36646456e42093d3410627935f3fea37

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, ichbin said:

She, daughter and housekeeper picking up avocados in the yard made the cut for this episode.  Imagine how boring the stuff that didn't make it was. No wonder she was still trying to make something out of the Sutton matter from over a year ago relevant again.  Doesn't seem like she has much to offer.

They are setting the table for next week’s ED conversation, however; subtitling her anxiety about how much food Sutton would be offering. Or was that last week? Well, she did TH that what Erika said to Jax was very, very bad, and Erika really must apologize to Garcelle.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

She obviously put thought into it, covered all the angles and even managed to top it off with a compliment for Garcelle which helped smooth things over even further.

Erika praising the twins for being well-spoken seemed condescending and offensive, in my opinion.

I think another person posted this on page 1 or 2.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erika praising the twins for being well-spoken seemed condescending and offensive, in my opinion.

I caught that comment too, and it was super cringey.

• Like 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

During her TH when she was speaking about her daughter and family, she allllmost came off as likeable. Almost.

Is it possible the prairie dog tongue is a facial tic? It made fewer appearances when she was with her close circle or THing about them. Maybe anxiety exacerbates it. 

ETA: In the WWCL podcast that I just started listening to, they compare her tongue to the mole in Whac-A-Mole. I feel validated!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Diana: I live a big, full life (smirk)

Diana: LITERALLY every scene sitting around her living room, this episode in cashmere pajamas

If I were having post horrific miscarriage bleeding would I wear cashmere? Probably not.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Okay, maybe Garcelle is not using the expression “jump ship” correctly, but she’s still fantastic for lecturing Kyle. I love that Garcelle just reacts to behavior authentically. She doesn’t pose, purse her lips and raise an eyebrow melodramatically (like Rinna).

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

She doesn’t pose, purse her lips and raise an eyebrow melodramatically (like Rinna).

Acting!

200.gif

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If I were having post horrific miscarriage bleeding would I wear cashmere? Probably not.

Not so sure I would have been diving into the ocean either.

Edited by ichbin
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I take no joy in sticking up for Erika, but she did elaborate on this point being that Garcelle's sons interacted and conversed with the adults at the party instead of being off in the corners totally engrossed in their phones like a lot of other kids their ages.

Edited by ichbin
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, ichbin said:

I take no joy in sticking up for Erika, but she did elaborate on this point being that Garcelle's sons interacted and conversed with the adults at the party instead of being off in the corners totally engrossed in their phones.  

I was going to say the same thing…. Even though it hurts to praise that person for anything.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I take no joy in sticking up for Erika, but she did elaborate on this point being that Garcelle's sons interacted and conversed with the adults at the party instead of being off in the corners totally engrossed in their phones like a lot of other kids their ages.

I feel the same way now, but when she said it I did cringe. The term has bad connotations but it doesn't mean it isn't true for kids who are indeed "well spoken." I don't think she meant it in the condescending gross way, and unfortunately probably should have used a similar phrase (and on top of all that, it just sounds so old-fashioned!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ichbin said:

I hear you, but it's still a micro aggression.

Why didn't she just say the part about how she appreciated how they interacted with the adults and were sweet and leave it at that? Saying they are well spoken, combined with her baby mama stuff, her frequent use of AAVE, shows me she's ignorant and problematic at best or racist at worst.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Sorry I forgot my point cause I'm watching Southern Charm at the same time
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Why didn't she just say the part about how she appreciated how they interacted with the adults and were sweet and leave it at that? Saying they are well spoken, combined with her baby mama stuff, her frequent use of AAVE, shows me she's ignorant at best and problematic at worst.

I agree. Erika is quick enough to back-pedal, and add the “other” compliments, once she realized that her first statement was offensive. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. Erika is quick enough to back-pedal, and add the “other” compliments, once she realized that her first statement was offensive. 

Yep! I'm surprised Bravo doesn't make the casts of these shows take diversity, sensitivity and inclusion training. I mean, the casts should be taking the time to educate themselves on their own, but here we are.

I understand why Garcelle didn't call her on it, as I don't know if it would do any good, and it's definitely not her job to educate any of them. I just feel for her having to deal with all of it.   Then, for her to see the four chuckle heads laughing about her 14 year old son getting cursed at over nothing thing, and also Erika seeing/treating him as older than he is (another micro aggression), fetishizing her older son (another micro aggression) She must be upset  and exhausted from it all. 

Sheree joking around that she would eff Oliver too kinda pissed me off though, because it's just encouraging behavior that needs to stop.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
46 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Why didn't she just say the part about how she appreciated how they interacted with the adults and were sweet and leave it at that? Saying they are well spoken, combined with her baby mama stuff, her frequent use of AAVE, shows me she's ignorant and problematic at best or racist at worst.

Even as much as I loathe Erika I think she meant it because of their age.  Didn't she point out at some event that Black people are taking her side as a criminal?  That is really bad and there is no excuse for that.

edited to take my first point to small talk, since it involves politics

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Even as much as I loathe Erika I think she meant it because of their age.  Didn't she point out at some event that Black people are taking her side as a criminal?  That is really bad and there is no excuse for that.

edited to take my first point to small talk, since it involves politics

She's just so terrible.

I do get it, and I do believe she thought she was being nice and didn't mean any harm, and she probably is just ignorant, but it still really is a micro aggression, even if she didn't mean it that way. There are a lot of POC speaking out about it on SM. 

It's the same thing with describing a POC as articulate. Well spoken is just using slightly different words. The history behind it, and because POC are saying that it's not ok and how it affects a person, no matter the age or situation, and with so much information about micro aggressions out there now, I hope it will be enough for us to be aware and make changes.

Sorry, for the thread hijack, I just couldn't leave all this unsaid. I'll go back to ragging on lizard Diana and abusive Kyle now!

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
what are sentences?
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Am I the only one who thought Crystal was talking about Erectile Dysfunction when they saw her "ED" reference????  Just me?

No, not just you, if they weren't talking about Erectile Dysfunction then what were they talking about?

• LOL 1

Diana's talking head look...it finally came to me.  It's like she or her stylist wanted to go for the Young Rose Nylund look, but with boobies.  Betty White died around that time, perhaps that was the influence.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Dorit has her daughter wearing Dior logo print at age 5/6.

Dorit dresses her kids in designer stuff so people know how much she loves them, there are some kids that don't ever get Dior because their parents don't love them enough.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Dorit dresses her kids in designer stuff so people know how much she loves them, there are some kids that don't ever get Dior because their parents don't love them enough.

lol

There are such cute kid clothes everywhere. One reason people buy designer is for the more flattering cuts. Pretty sure Pheonix doesn't have to worry about how jeans fit on her hips or thighs. If I won the lotto and had kids, they still wouldn't wear anything crazy pricy.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Sheree joking around that she would eff Oliver too kinda pissed me off though, because it's just encouraging behavior that needs to stop.

I like Sheree, but it bugged me when she said that. I wouldn't want any of my friends talking about my kids that way, regardless of whether those kids are adults.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

No, not just you, if they weren't talking about Erectile Dysfunction then what were they talking about?

Eating disorder.

56 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Diana's talking head look...it finally came to me.  It's like she or her stylist wanted to go for the Young Rose Nylund look, but with boobies.  Betty White died around that time, perhaps that was the influence.

I was waiting to see if someone was going to bring up her talking head look from this week.  She looks horrible!  The hair is just weird, the pink jacket with nothing underneath looks ridiculous and her face looks like she's 60+ years old.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I like Sheree, but it bugged me when she said that. I wouldn't want any of my friends talking about my kids that way, regardless of whether those kids are adults.

How many years have Garcelle and Sheree been friends? It sounded like a lot, so how old was Oliver when their friendship first began? I get it, Oliver is grown and a hottie, but I'd still expect Garcelle's friends to see him as a her kid, unless it's a newer friendship, and even then, I'd watch what I say out of respect. 

I cringed a bit when I heard articulate, but to be honest, that is something I notice with teens (of all colors). Some of them can sound like they belong in elementary school (since it wasn't that long ago), but others speak like adults. So I cut Erika slack with that and give her benefit of the doubt it had nothing to due with color but their age.

I agree she adultified Jax, but she did the same with Denise's girls and their friends. It wasn't right then and isn't right now.

Regarding race specifically, the only thing that really rubbed me the wrong way was "baby mama." 

I did like her apology for the most part. Kyle's actually the one who was a lot more dismissive of her behavior. 

• Love 5

So I cut Erika slack with that and give her benefit of the doubt it had nothing to due with color but their age.

I think saying "Your kids are very mature for their age" might have be a better compliment?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I have never had a miscarriage but do have friends who have, and they did not bleed for three months afterwards. But then again I give a side eye to most of what Diana says, so don't necessarily believe her.  I wish that Sutton had suggested that maybe Diana is going through menopause.

Speaking of Sutton, I thought she handled Diana quite well at lunch. Especially when she told Diana that she was delusional. At one point when Diana said to Sutton that she (Diana) needed professional help I thought "finally, something we agree on!" Then she went on to say she needed help to deal with Sutton. For someone who professes to have such an amazing life and background, you'd think Sutton would be a piece of cake. But Diana is a bully, and bullies gonna bully. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Am I the only one who thought Crystal was talking about Erectile Dysfunction when they saw her "ED" reference????  Just me?

No you are not! When I first saw that post I thought who has Erectile Dysfunction and why do we have to hear about it?

• LOL 7
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Okay, maybe Garcelle is not using the expression “jump ship” correctly, but she’s still fantastic for lecturing Kyle. I love that Garcelle just reacts to behavior authentically. She doesn’t pose, purse her lips and raise an eyebrow melodramatically (like Rinna).

I thought it made sense for what she was saying--I really liked that analogy. Kyle acts like she's on board with whatever they're going to do or say, and then when they get to the confrontation suddenly Kyle's jumping out of Garcelle's boat (or Sutton's) and arguing against her when she thought she'd be backing her up. It's like you walk in with Kyle as backup and then turn around and she's disappeared--and turn around again and she's standing behind the other person.

8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Yep! I'm surprised Bravo doesn't make the casts of these shows take diversity, sensitivity and inclusion training. I mean, the casts should be taking the time to educate themselves on their own, but here we are.

I understand why Garcelle didn't call her on it, as I don't know if it would do any good, and it's definitely not her job to educate any of them. I just feel for her having to deal with all of it.   Then, for her to see the four chuckle heads laughing about her 14 year old son getting cursed at over nothing thing, and also Erika seeing/treating him as older than he is (another micro aggression), fetishizing her older son (another micro aggression) She must be upset  and exhausted from it all. 

I think Garcelle made a good call not to call her on that. She probably was trying to say he seemed mature and it would absolutely derail everything if she started defending herself as not racist, even if "articulate" is such a cliche bad word to use.

• Love 4
On 7/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, BusyOctober said:

Who is Rinna kidding about her daughter moving up the ladder of “important people”??? WTF?

The epitome of shitty, thirsty parents. Awesome career choice for a girl with mental health problems and an eating disorder. 

For all of her flaws, I will give Vicki props for supporting her daughter going into nursing, a normal, respectable profession. Almost all of these women want their kids to do something glamorous, celeb-worthy, or tied to them.   

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:
12 hours ago, ichbin said:

I take no joy in sticking up for Erika, but she did elaborate on this point being that Garcelle's sons interacted and conversed with the adults at the party instead of being off in the corners totally engrossed in their phones.  

I was going to say the same thing…. Even though it hurts to praise that person for anything.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Ugh, this episode...THIS EPISODE!  Painful.  The only good thing was there was hardly any Rinna, but even that was tempered by what was there.  First off, Diana is still THE WORST!  I don't care about those family scenes that were supposed to make her look all warm and fuzzy.  Much like she has decided nothing Sutton does is authentic, the same goes for her from me. 

Now, as to that lunch with Sutton?  My god, like I said above, nothing Sutton does is good enough for Diana.  And I think that's because Diana doesn't want anyone to empathize with her by finding common ground: she just wants people to beat their breasts and tell her how awful that tragedy is and how brave and wonderful she is for making it through.  Nothing less with satisfy her, so anyone who doesn't do that is immediately fake and not worth her ~precious time.

Kyle knows Garcelle's son had addiction issues, so her acting like only she has "first hand experience" with it and therefore knows that Erika is fine and Erika is just "letting lose."  She really has become such a trash person.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 7/14/2022 at 3:19 PM, luvgoldens said:

She gets a lot of love but I would find a friendship with Sutton exhausting. She does always make things about her. I think she is just selfish and desperate. Garcelle can get better friends. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

She gets a lot of love but I would find a friendship with Sutton exhausting. She does always make things about her. I think she is just selfish and desperate. Garcelle can get better friends. 

I would argue that, with the exception of Garcelle and Denise, being friends with any of them would be exhausting because they're all self-absorbed.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

I would argue that, with the exception of Garcelle and Denise, being friends with any of them would be exhausting because they're all self-absorbed.

They all crave attention, which is why they are on a reality show. But Sutton strikes me as particularly high-maintenance. (Thinking of her with the roller last year.)  

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 7/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Actually this is a decent conversation between Garcelle and Kyle. Given everything that has happened with Kyle and Kim, Kyle's right to be careful about her words and Garcelle is also correct that it is better to address the situation sooner. 

What really got my goat about the conversation was Kyle's talking head insinuating that she (Kyle) is the only one of them that has any experience with a family member's addiction. Bitch, you know Garcelle also has that experience.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4