Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Just now, RoseAllDay said:

I think because it’s hard for her to admit that there are some people who, for whatever reason, will never like her, and she keeps setting herself up. 

They did an episode of the golden girls where Rose has to be liked by everyone and finds someone who doesn’t and kills herself trying to get them to like her … lol that’s what it reminds me of 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

They did an episode of the golden girls where Rose has to be liked by everyone and finds someone who doesn’t and kills herself trying to get them to like her … lol that’s what it reminds me of 

I’ve heard that reference before…I just wish Sutton would stop. It makes her look needy. Not a good look.

• Like 3
  • Love 15
(edited)

Sutton: “I need you to say….”

—she did that with Crystal too who said what Sutton wanted.  Diana did not.   I also wouldn’t be able to say whatever unless I truly felt it.

I wish Sutton didn’t care so much about how these ppl respond to her.   But yeah, probably Easier said than done.🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 10
(edited)
36 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I think because it’s hard for her to admit that there are some people who, for whatever reason, will never like her, and she keeps setting herself up. It always turns into another fight. It’s sad to watch. The best you can do with such folks is to be civil and limit your contact.

It's like that Golden Girls episode where Rose becomes obsessed with the fact that one of her male coworkers doesn't like her. Dorothy even tells her to let it go and leave the guy alone. Rose spends most of the episode trying to get him to like her, until she finally comes out and asks why. He basically says, "I just don't like you." 

This is the same thing I'm seeing between Sutton and Diana. 

Sutton trying to relate to another woman who suffered a miscarriage isn't her being a bitch or trying to compete. The impression I get of Diana is that she assumes everyone's motives are fake, instead of it being that others are trying to sympathize/empathize with her tragedies.

This is the part that's strange to me. We've all (I think) known, at least, one person who turns everything into a competition. For the most part, though, I prefer to believe that people generally try to be decent human beings and want to understand what you're going through and let you know that you're not alone. 

Who knows? Maybe I'm being weird? LOL.

Sorry, @Keywestclubkid! This thread moves fast when I'm in the middle of a post. I just saw that you mentioned the GG episode.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Sutton: “I need you to say….”

—she did that with Crystal too who said what Sutton wanted.  Diana did not.   I also wouldn’t be able to say whatever unless I truly felt it.

You hear that in therapy a lot   … so you understand exactly someone’s intentions are 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 5
  • Love 3
(edited)

Judging by the look on Diana's face at the end, I don't think she felt she got the better of Sutton in their discussion. I don't think Diana expected a conciliatory Sutton, but, ultimately, someone who didn't care that much if they were friends or not. I imagine Diana is used to people falling all over themselves to be friends with her because of all her money.

Edited by bencr
  • Like 2
  • Love 19
31 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m very complex LOL 

She’s trying to figure out why she thought this all was squashed but Rinna said it wasn’t .. she’s being direct 

Somehow, Rinna will be told that Sutton was again being passive-aggressive and will re-tell that to whomever will listen.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, bencr said:

Judging by the look on Diana's face at the end, I don't think she felt she got the better of Sutton in their discussion. I don't think Diana expected a conciliatory Sutton, but, ultimately, someone who didn't care that much if they were friends or not.

I think Diana is annoyed by this too. I saw the look. I think she wanted to be the one who got up from the table first.

19 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

At this point it seems like it's Diana who's being competitive, getting angry that she's trying to present herself as having this unique tragedy and mad that so many women can relate.

THANK YOU. This is exactly the vibe I was getting. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Great minds lol I love we all remember the episode LOL 

Right? I love this forum.

I thought that was one of the best GG eps. It's a good lesson for people to learn. I think we all want to be liked by certain people, and it can feel jarring when they don't reciprocate our interest in friendship. But as Dorothy said, you need to let it go because not everyone is going to like you no matter what you say or do.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Does Diana really think this is a good look for her?

Yep.  She's completely clueless when it comes to how she's showing her ass.  Perhaps, this gets lost in translation?

59 minutes ago, Axie said:

Gawd, I’d like to slap Diana into next week.

Right behind you.

• Applause 2
  • Love 8

It says A LOT more about Diana with the one up comment if that is where her brain automatically goes when someone is trying to relate to her with mentioning a similar experience . In her world EVERYTHING is a competition … She is HBIC in “her” world and she isn’t used to this “push back” and non ass kissing she’s getting from Sutton 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 14
(edited)
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I couldn't stand all of the deflection and other typical playground bully tactics that Diana was using toward Sutton at that lunch.  The constant repeating of Sutton's comments in the form of a question is typical deflection that gives a bully time to think of another retort.  Constantly repeating the same reply to comments, i.e. "So you say" is another one.

I totally agree, and I think this is what Sutton meant when she said she felt like they were "playing ping pong" ... a lot of repetitive back and forth but ultimately going nowhere because Diana refused to engage in a meaningful way.

Edited by bencr
  • Like 3
  • Love 21
47 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Diana is like a caricature of housewives:

She's got the sad backstory of Cedric (Is it me or does it get sadder every week? I was a refugee, my brother was shot, my father was an orphan,..-It may all be true, but at this point I hate her too much to care)

She name drops like Yolanda and Kyle and Rinna

She talks about the cost of things like Pam/Dana, and let's face it, Kyle would have bragged about spending $5k on sneakers for Portia.

She stole Yolanda's "Do you hear yourself, right now?" line used against Taylor during a reunion

She's got the combined lip fillers of all of the housewives

She's got the combined ego and delusions of grandeur of all the housewives. Actually, the thought of her and Teresa Guidice trying to have a conversation makes me think that might be entertaining. I think Teresa would do her blinking deer in headlights imitation a lot.

She's got Rinna's smugness and then some.

It's like all of the housewives were melded into one by an evil scientist (Andy Cohen) in some brain fusing experiment gone awry a la Gilligan's Island and other bad 60s 70s tv shows

I also had Yolanda flashbacks when she asked "who is Sutton?" even if the intent was different.

Love this post!
I can just imagine Andy chortling away behind a big row of foaming, erupting test tubes.🧪👨🏻‍🔬

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I ff’d through any Kyle family scenes, was wonderful. I’ll miss her dogs, but BYE KYLE. Tried to watch Diana and family, but then realized she’s an ice block who shows nothing to the cast but labels. FF on that too. Saved me some time. The way it’s going, I’ll watch about 10 minutes total eventually.

Sure Kyle, Erika is just letting her extensions down, but let’s see her get sloppy with Portia and Farrah’s fiancé. Then you can work yourself into knots defending that soulless robber.

Sutton, for the love of all that’s holy, move on from Diana, you don’t need her. The mouse needs to escape this trap.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Love this post!
I can just imagine Andy chortling away behind a big row of foaming, erupting test tubes.🧪👨🏻‍🔬

Totally off-topic, but your post made me think of this - Andy burned his fingers pretty badly on WWHL tonight, by mistakenly grabbing one of the Dubai housewives' hot curling irons by the barrel (why would there be a hot curling iron on the set, FFS??).

Anyway, his fingers looked really, really red and he had ice on them, and all I could think of was "Couldn't happen to a better person - finally, Andy gets burned instead of him burning others!"   🤣

In all seriousness, though - he probably will require some medical intervention.  Those fingers looked badly burned.  I've burned myself hundreds of times with my curling iron - it's no joke!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

How could any of these A-list celebs stand being around her when all she does is scowl and lick her lips?

$$$??? Does she personally socialize with any of those A-list celebrities on a casual level or are their connections generally related to charity events?

• Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2

I agree that Diana was expecting something else from Sutton. Maybe she expected Sutton to be with her the same way she was with Erika last year, where she was (IMO) far too apologetic with Erika about her own misgivings. But I think Sutton learned her lesson on that one. 

Also I think that many of the women expected the audience to side with Erika - lord knows why - during filming and maybe didn't anticipate that in fact the audience was more sympathetic to Sutton. I suspect that Diana was hearing that from Rinna and Erika, and decided to join that pile-on thinking she was on the winning team. Oops.

The scene with Sutton's dating app guy was cute. It actually made it seem like these women are friends. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, ichbin said:

$$$??? Does she personally socialize with any of those A-list celebrities on a casual level or are their connections generally related to charity events?

The pictures that were used seemed to indicate that Diana socializes with them on the charity circuit. I didn't come away with that idea she's actually friends with any of them. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Kyle is a classic enabler … she makes excuses for the behavior like mixing the pills and booze … 

Especially for her sister OR a bigass prospective NEW client of Mauricio's.

The charity circuit is always in the ass kissing business for those big $$ donors.  I used to work for a giant national charity but on the local level, and trust and believe; the training we got from National was all about KISSING ASS.  FOR THE BIG BUCKS.  Sometimes, it worked.  What's funny about Diana is that she WAS once a regular person.  Obviously, her ass has been smooched so much she thinks she's a different person!  Girl needs some ass KICKING to bring her back to reality.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I didn't really watch the episode, I FF'd a bunch, but Diana's personal style is horrible. The lip licking is horrendous.  I think Diana acts this way towards Sutton because she doesn't think Sutton is Top Dog enough to matter.  Sutton handled it pretty classily.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I agree that Diana was expecting something else from Sutton. Maybe she expected Sutton to be with her the same way she was with Erika last year, where she was (IMO) far too apologetic with Erika about her own misgivings. But I think Sutton learned her lesson on that one. 

Also I think that many of the women expected the audience to side with Erika - lord knows why - during filming and maybe didn't anticipate that in fact the audience was more sympathetic to Sutton. I suspect that Diana was hearing that from Rinna and Erika, and decided to join that pile-on thinking she was on the winning team. Oops.

The scene with Sutton's dating app guy was cute. It actually made it seem like these women are friends. 

Agree with most of your post, but tbh, I wondered if the women side with the less popular housewives because they get jealous of the more popular ones. Vanderpump could be shady, but she is Mother Teresa compared to Erika. Kyle and Rinna were very hard on her but go out of their way to defend Erika and now Diana. There's also a pattern of being harder on Sutton and Garcelle, two other fan favorites. Denise Richards was seen by many as a breath of fresh air and already a huge star, and we all saw how gross most of them were to her.

Vanderpump liked to be buddy-buddy with fellow fan favorites when it was Brandi and then tried to be friends with Kyle because she thought the fans liked the two of them together, but the others seem like they want to push out the nice, likable ones. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Another few things I find very telling about Diana:

If she is leading this absolutely fabulous life, throwing amazing parties and attending events with all these A-list celebs, WHY come on a Real Housewife show?  

Why do ALL the pictures of Diana with these A-list celebs not even look like her?  Were they taken so long ago that she's had multiple procedures since then and now looks completely different?

How could any of these A-list celebs stand being around her when all she does is scowl and lick her lips?

Why does she have to make pronouncements about her fabulous connections with designers?  She says they send her all these clothes and now she is giving them away, having never worn them?  If I were these designers, I'd be thinking twice right about now - why send her stuff when it's only going to sit in her closet and then, shoved on a rack to be donated somewhere?

I really, really, really hope she is a one and done.  I cannot stand her!  

To be famous like everyone else in show business.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, QQQQ said:

When I think about the almost unlimited wealth and resources some of these women have and how they choose to spend their time arguing... it's petty, it's ugly, it's obscene.

Ugh - I know!  Their "big lives" (Erika also used that phrase last year) consist of shopping for overpriced clothes and bags and partying with famous people?  Whatever.

2 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Who is Rinna kidding about her daughter moving up the ladder of “important people”??? WTF?

Yeah if that's the best Lois wants for her now that she can apparently arrange anything from beyond the grave . . .

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Why do ALL the pictures of Diana with these A-list celebs not even look like her?  Were they taken so long ago that she's had multiple procedures since then and now looks completely different?

I think yes!  Her entire face looks like it's been stung by a bee.

5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree with most of your post, but tbh, I wondered if the women side with the less popular housewives because they get jealous of the more popular ones. Vanderpump could be shady, but she is Mother Teresa compared to Erika. Kyle and Rinna were very hard on her but go out of their way to defend Erika and now Diana. There's also a pattern of being harder on Sutton and Garcelle, two other fan favorites. Denise Richards was seen by many as a breath of fresh air and already a huge star, and we all saw how gross most of them were to her.

Vanderpump liked to be buddy-buddy with fellow fan favorites when it was Brandi and then tried to be friends with Kyle because she thought the fans liked the two of them together, but the others seem like they want to push out the nice, likable ones. 

IMO I could see why they were tire of VDP and her crap.  Now it seems like once they got away with getting her out they just want to keep doing it.  I feel like Kyle is sticking up for Erika because they're on the same "team".

I've said almost every week that Sutton is so bad at this game - but I thought she did well at the lunch with Diana tonight.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Rinna brought Diana onto this show. Diana likes to brag about her AList connections.

What I want to know is why is she friends with Rinna who isn't AList? None of those AListers would be caught dead in Rinna's company.

I'm assuming that Diana is a celebrity hanger-on in general.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think they side with who they're closer with and friends with.  Vanderpump was manipulative behind the scenes and wanted to appear innocent on camera.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Talented Tenth said:

I think they side with who they're closer with and friends with.  Vanderpump was manipulative behind the scenes and wanted to appear innocent on camera.  

I agree that quality in Vanderpump was annoying, but I'd imagine if she cursed at a child and hit on a married man there would be some serious hell to pay. 

Is Kyle friends with Diana? Why did she take her side over Sutton's? Why did Rinna throw Denise under the bus when she'd known her longer than everyone else? I sense some jealousy, but who knows. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
(edited)

Sutton looks really pretty this season. This is the 1st partial ep I've caught so far but agree wigh all that Sutton needs to "be cool." Diana= wow. Just, wow. Interesting?  What's her career? Professional Bosnian party/celrbrity hostess?! I'm confused on her background & absolute wealth she's demonstrating. 

Kyle will always annoy..."sleddeeeeen, snoweeeeen." 🙄 Shocked Erika is back. I thought the masses wanted her gone? She's looking worse for the wear. As soon as she walked into Diana's I thought "oh She's here to SHOP, no mistake about it!"

Haven't seen Crystal or Rinna's scenes yet but I have a feeling not missing anything. 

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6