Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Turn Back Time

• Start Topic

50's (was it though?), 70's (nothing but disco will do), 80's & 90's. They completely skipped over the 60's (yeah, baby, yeah). I would have preferred they try that than what passed for the 50's).

Has anyone else noticed the small-print disclaimer they put up at the end with the credits? Along the lines of due to the nature of the biz, contestants and choreographers may have interacted prior to the competition, etc., etc.. I suppose they must have had such a disclaimer in earlier seasons but it has only now stuck out to me because of the MM incident.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Terrafamilia said:

50's (was it though?), 70's (nothing but disco will do), 80's & 90's. They completely skipped over the 60's (yeah, baby, yeah). I would have preferred they try that than what passed for the 50's).

Has anyone else noticed the small-print disclaimer they put up at the end with the credits? Along the lines of due to the nature of the biz, contestants and choreographers may have interacted prior to the competition, etc., etc.. I suppose they must have had such a disclaimer in earlier seasons but it has only now stuck out to me because of the MM incident.

60s would have been fun with the gogo boots and bright clothes.  If Sean couldn't be there, they should have tried to get Mandy Moore at the last minute.  She does some 80s choreography anyway.

For the disclaimer, I'm thinking that the dance biz is small and some contestants have worked with choreographers before even back in the earlier seasons. 

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, realdancemom said:

For the disclaimer, I'm thinking that the dance biz is small and some contestants have worked with choreographers before even back in the earlier seasons. 

Yeah, I think it's because of situations like Ryan in season 8 who worked with Mia Michaels, or William Wingfield working with Debbie Allen. And Lauren Froderman working with Mandy Moore. I hope I have all these right.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, displayname said:

Yeah, I think it's because of situations like Ryan in season 8 who worked with Mia Michaels, or William Wingfield working with Debbie Allen. And Lauren Froderman working with Mandy Moore. I hope I have all these right.

Even the judges know some of the contestants.  I think Mary said that she knew Benji since he was a little kid.  She didn't work with him but knew him.  I remember Debbie said that to be fair, she wasn't going to judge anymore the season Will was in.  I wish we could have Debbie Allen back.  I loved her as a judge.  I thought Brian Freedman worked with Lauren G. too.  I'm sure there are lots of examples since I know some of the ballroom contestants worked with some of the ballroom choreographers.

• Love 2

Just caught up with the last episode... I hate that I hate this season so much because I want to be thankful that they brought the show back at all, but it's just not the same.  I don't really care about any of the contestants.  There's only been maybe 1 or 2 performances that I really enjoyed.  Cat and tWitch can stay, everything else has to go.  

I'm not one to pay too much attention to costumes but I absolutely agree that it seems much worse this year, like painfully so.  Beau's outfit for his solo 🙊

Maybe they're intentionally sabotaging the show so they can have an excuse not to bring it back next year, I just don't get it.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ruffy666 said:

Maybe they're intentionally sabotaging the show so they can have an excuse not to bring it back next year ...

I doubt it. The show has been off the air for like 3 years and was cancelled so they could have just let it stay that way. I really appreciate FOX trying to bring it back. I assume though that they were given far less money, which I understand, and also that there are a lot of COVID protocols and those 2 things are contributing to it being not as great as it once was.

Like I've said before though, I'm just happy to have it back and I personally still enjoy it.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I doubt it. The show has been off the air for like 3 years and was cancelled so they could have just let it stay that way. I really appreciate FOX trying to bring it back. I assume though that they were given far less money, which I understand, and also that there are a lot of COVID protocols and those 2 things are contributing to it being not as great as it once was.

Like I've said before though, I'm just happy to have it back and I personally still enjoy it.

Yeah, even if it's a shell (of a shell) of its former self, I'll take this over nothing. Summer's not the same without Cat. I'm not optimistic about further seasons, but if there were, I'd be willing to accept JoJo as part of the deal.

Leah still has to go, of course.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

This year’s top 12 has got to have the tallest average height ever. Some of them overshoot Cat in heels! And others who are close to her height. Then there was Anna, standing between Cat and Waverley, looking back and forth between them. Gave me a giggle. 

I was sorry to see Anna go. I’d have kept her and Raelyn and sent the guys home.

• Love 1
On 7/20/2022 at 10:42 AM, displayname said:

And twitch worked with Adam Shankman on Hairspray!

• Love 2

It's too bad Anna is gone. I didn't really like her last solo--felt a bit too manic and repetitive for me, but then, I'm a casual dance fan and maybe I just missed the artistic point. Nigel would have perved all over her during his seasons, but she had an interesting look and style that held my attention.