Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/11/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Sunny is constantly reminding us that she is Catholic and therefore does not believe in abortion "for any reason." I wish one of the other panelists would ask her what she would do if it happened to her own daughter.  Would she force her to continue the pregnancy?

Or her son’s girlfriend before he got through Harvard.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Or her son’s girlfriend before he got through Harvard.

Did Sunny ever find out what Gabriel was up to during those 30 minutes a few months back when he didn't answer his phone when mama called?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Did Sunny ever find out what Gabriel was up to during those 30 minutes a few months back when he didn't answer his phone when mama called?

As a former federal prosecutor I’m sure she has friends in the fbi who could find out. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I think Sunny would be like a former coworker.  Very forced birth, no reason to have an abortion.  Then her daughter started dating various young men. One day she said if daughter every got pregnant she WOULD have an abortion.  As far as I know daughter never did get pregnant as a teenager.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, debbie311 said:

Sunny is constantly reminding us that she is Catholic and therefore does not believe in abortion "for any reason." I wish one of the other panelists would ask her what she would do if it happened to her own daughter.  Would she force her to continue the pregnancy?

My guess is she would say yes, in public, but whisk said child away and oops poor dear miscarried.  It was god's will.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Al and Manny sound very entitled! I get that when there are two people working, you have to compromise on who does which chores, but "expecting" that dinner will be served (especially at a particular time) is pretty insufferable, no matter who is demanding it. It is hard to believe that Sunny and Ana would go along with that. I also agree with Whoopi (again!) that the time to work some of this out is at the beginning of the marriage / living situation. At least set a few expectations, knowing things might change in the future.

I took it that both families are traditional about family dinners and prefer a regular family time or (if changed) notification to everyone of the new time. I think if the family will be eating together each evening, you about have to do that. 

20 hours ago, Blissfool said:

In Hispanic culture, especially the older generation, men expect to be served and catered to. I am Hispanic, I saw this growing up with my parents. Women are subservient to their husbands and their sons(!). Even now, during get-togethers, my sisters and I are reminded and encouraged to serve our husbands a plate and get them a drink if their glass is less than full. 

This, of course, is becoming a thing of the past, as modern Hispanic women are choosing not to follow these "traditions."

I'm not sure if Manny is Hispanic, but maybe his culture follows these traditions as well.

Now this, for me, is a bridge too far. Surely that isn't the case for Ana and Sunny.

4 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

I took it that both families are traditional about family dinners and prefer a regular family time or (if changed) notification to everyone of the new time. I think if the family will be eating together each evening, you about have to do that. 

Now this, for me, is a bridge too far. Surely that isn't the case for Ana and Sunny.

My cousin who is a white woman has been married three times and I have watched her get a plate of food for each husband at family functions.  I finally asked her why she did that and she said it was the woman's job to wait on her man.  I said that might be your job but that isn't my job.

• Applause 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 1:56 PM, KittyQ said:

Al and Manny sound very entitled! I get that when there are two people working, you have to compromise on who does which chores, but "expecting" that dinner will be served (especially at a particular time) is pretty insufferable, no matter who is demanding it. It is hard to believe that Sunny and Ana would go along with that. I also agree with Whoopi (again!) that the time to work some of this out is at the beginning of the marriage / living situation. At least set a few expectations, knowing things might change in the future.

I am from the Caribbean and it is part of the culture. Manny is Haitian and Al is Cuban and women are thought to cook for their husbands and how to keep the home.  I see nothing wrong with that if the women want to do that in their marriages. I am all about women choosing what is best for them even if I don't agree. On the flip side, the men are expected to be providers and protectors.

On 7/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, debbie311 said:

Why can't Sunny believe what she believes?  She has every right to be against Abortion and she is not forcing her opinions on others. Live and let live.. There are people who feel like Sunny but choose to remain silent. Sunny is at least being consistent in her stance  and has said many times that she does not wish to impose her religious beliefs on anybody.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why can't Sunny believe what she believes?  She has every right to be against Abortion and she is not forcing her opinions on others. Live and let live.. There are people who feel like Sunny but choose to remain silent. Sunny is at least being consistent in her stance  and has said many times that she does not wish to impose her religious beliefs on anybody.

Of course she can believe what she believes.  I am always just curious when someone is so black and white about something, at what point would they bend, if any?

And maybe her answer would be, it wouldn't be right for ME, but it would be up to my daughter, no matter her age, to make that decision for herself.

Just now, debbie311 said:

Of course she can believe what she believes.  I am always just curious when someone is so black and white about something, at what point would they bend, if any?

And maybe her answer would be, it wouldn't be right for ME, but it would be up to my daughter, no matter her age, to make that decision for herself.

I think it is Black and White for Sunny.  I can actually envision a scenario where her daughter would have the procedure and never tell her, knowing how Sunny feels about it.

• Love 2
On 7/15/2022 at 10:05 AM, Bronzedog said:

Not a Dan Abrams fan.  For no reason.  I just don’t like him.

On 7/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, Blissfool said:

I used to like Dan Abrams when he was on Good Morning America and Nightline. I thought he was professional and respectable. Now he does sensationalism TV on A&E and I have lost some respect for him.

During the Snooki segment, he assumed Snooki is an idiot and that she had to have had the political ad explained to her as if she was a toddler. She is a grown woman who has expanded her career unlike any other former MTV reality star. I am sure she did not require a slow, baby-talk explanation of the ad. I was glad Whoopi made that point at the end of the segment. 

I liked Dan for quite awhile starting with him being associated with various NBC/CNBC shows doing coverage during the OJ trial. During those days there were talkshows on nightly after the financial stuff on CNBC ended. He was usually on Geraldo's nighttime panel show the most. Tom Snyder had a show on the network too before David Letterman wanted him for for The Late Late Show after his show on CBS.

I followed Dan to MSNBC for his long running show there The Abrams Report. He eventually got into the business side of running things at MSNBC as General Manager for awhile until he stepped down to host again this time at night. His nighttime show that was  wasn't as good as the The Abrams Report and didn't last long and was eventually replaced by Rachel's long running show.

I quit paying attention to him for a long time and never really watched the ABC News shows he'd be on. He would pop up in stuff like that show he did with Nancy Grace that I never watched. The two of them started off as likeable people then I guess fame or whatever turned them into people that became less and less enjoyable to watch over time. Either that or their true selves emerged. Dan now comes across like he can be a real arrogant, condescending asshole while trying to act like a "good guy" at the same time. 

I did watch Live P.D. on A&E off and on during it's run there. It wasn't to support the cops though. I kind of watched to see how they'd treat people and what kind of leading questions some may ask. Apparently Dan has been looking for another outlet for that show even after it got cancelled due to questionable behind the scenes behavior and Reelz picked it up under a new name. I don't get Reelz with YouTubeTV and wouldn't get it just for that show.