Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: The Elephant In The Womb

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I actually think that Emily over exaggerated some potential dangers of birth control to Kobe so that he would have the reaction for her not to use it (as he had mentioned something about life threatening in either this episode or the previous episode [they all blend together for me]).  So that she purposefully manipulated him to the position of not wanting her to use it so that she could pin all blame on him (but he told me...).  Also, if she had wanted to be on birth control she would have been using it that first night he arrived.  But no, she had to have her night alone with him before introducing him to their son.  Maybe she feels she is not as 'special' or able to control her family as much if she isn't pregnant or have a young child or be breastfeeding...

Didn't Asuelo also believe that birth control was bad?

• Love 3
On 7/13/2022 at 3:12 AM, TwirlyGirly said:

But TIL - after both saying and spelling it incorrectly FOR DECADES - the word is cummerbund, not cumberbund.

The word, from which it origins, is "Kamarband" (indian) meaning "waist band".

There are actually various spellings, also "cummerband", it depends on how it is pronounced.

Since the english language speak the "a" in a certain way (different from languages like Indian, German, French, etc.), it became "cummerbund" to reflect the original sound (speak the 3 "a" in "Kamarband" as the a in "archbishop", then you come close.

Funny fact is that in German, the word was picked from the english language and became then "Kummerbund" rather than Kammarband (as it should have) - and is now spoken like "Koommerboont".

:-)

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, Asuelu thought condoms were for slut people.   I'm wondering if the two boys with Kalani are his only kids?   

She was supposedly a virgin but considering his childlike manner he may have been one too.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She was supposedly a virgin but considering his childlike manner he may have been one too.

He may be out there making more little Asuelus

Spoiler

now that they're divorcing 

• Applause 1
(edited)

Gah. Ari is just so awful. Wtf do Bini & Leandro see in her?!  Why does she call Leandro “Lander”? Why do I watch this train wreck ? *facepalm* 

Edited by jnymph
  • LOL 2

I'm confused. Both pregnancy tests showed one line. The legend on both tests said one line = not pregnant. Producers showed the tests several times. Didn't anyone else clearly see this?

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

I'm confused. Both pregnancy tests showed one line. The legend on both tests said one line = not pregnant. Producers showed the tests several times. Didn't anyone else clearly see this?

There was a faint second line on each test. Sometimes the second line isn't as clear as the control (first) line.

On 7/17/2022 at 8:25 PM, Iguessnot said:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. I was so confused by the whole sequence. Why was she taking a pregnancy test in a store and not at home? Why did the scene end with a closeup of the test in the trash? Why was there only one line indicating "not pregnant"? Was the whole thing manufactured drama meant to test Kobe's commitment? How long was she going to carry out the charade? 

• Wink 1
2 hours ago, Sheikh Yerbouti said:

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought this. I was so confused by the whole sequence. Why was she taking a pregnancy test in a store and not at home? Why did the scene end with a closeup of the test in the trash? Why was there only one line indicating "not pregnant"? Was the whole thing manufactured drama meant to test Kobe's commitment? How long was she going to carry out the charade? 

Yeah, the other poster claimed there was a faint line, but I'm not buying it. When I saw the episode, I paused it and stared at the strips, and I saw only one line everytime. Except for Pillowtalk coming on later today, the episode re-aired so I can record and look at those scenes again on my best tv.

I still say she's not pregnant.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Sheikh Yerbouti said:

I watched the rerun and it was two lines.  

• Love 1
On 7/12/2022 at 12:37 PM, Mondrianyone said:

I don't see Miona as being even marginally better than any of the other idiots in this season. All she ever talks about is her beach wedding, as if that single day is the most important thing in her life, and somehow her bargaining chip with that moron she's planning to marry. None of them appear to see past the one-day party to the actual marriage, which theoretically is the forever part of the whole deal. I don't know what her supposed "brand" involves, beyond sitting and staring into the mirror. Does she manufacture the cosmetics? Anybody can slap on some eye shadow and way too much lipliner. And anyone who's seen her "blackfishing" all over Instagram sees a side of her that's pretty appalling. I think she fits right into this franchise, and that's not a compliment.

I'm a little late to the party, thanks to a recent vacay, but Miona recently posted about her new makeup brushes that she is hawking.  Trouble is, she bought the product from AliBaba, branded it with her name (AliBaba did that for her) and increased the price by 600%.  She is following Yara's footsteps.  (Despite all the online backlash, the general public must be buying this stuff for each successive 90 Day influencer to follow the same strategy.)

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Shame on all of Emily's friends and lady relatives that let her get married with that atrocious hair do!!! Her part was so far over it looked like she was imitating Donald Trump's hair do. And How in the actual hell do you get married with the same ugly hair style you wear everyday??? Eewwwww!!! It's your wedding day you're supposed to look Amazing not regular.

• Love 1
On 7/24/2022 at 11:34 AM, Iguessnot said:

Yeah, the other poster claimed there was a faint line, but I'm not buying it. When I saw the episode, I paused it and stared at the strips, and I saw only one line everytime. Except for Pillowtalk coming on later today, the episode re-aired so I can record and look at those scenes again on my best tv.

I still say she's not pregnant.

That daughter of theirs would be confused too!!