Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: The Elephant In The Womb

• Start Topic

Emily takes a pregnancy test; Patrick demands that Thais tell her dad the truth; Guillermo gets cold feet; Sheeda questions Bilal's motives behind asking for a prenup; Mohamed issues an ultimatum; Miona tells Jibri's mom they are eloping.

First Look: 8/7/22; TLC: 10/7/22; Discovery Plus: 10/7/22

• Love 1

My god. Emily and Kobe must be the stupidest 2 ppl on the planet and they should be banned from procreating.  Seriously - they believe if she takes birth control that she will have issues having kids later on? And on top of it, they use the pull out method.  Fucking idiots. I blame this on the American school system. @Trackdawg needs to provide me with a stupid gif for these two.

Who is Sheeda trying to convince that Bihalzebub is super sweet and caring? Us or herself? 
At this point, I don't care to comment on the others.

• Like 7
  • Love 13

Ems maybe should have talked to her doctor about birth control methods in the 17 months she has had with Koban. Kobe doesn't want her using anything? Save the money from the ring to get him snipped. There are all sorts of reliable methods so they don't pop out a bunch of kids they cannot afford. Ugh.

So from John's housewarming party, Thais has made some friends. Uh, young lady, they are only getting your version of things and you are not being honest. I doubt that you were independent in Brazil. Your fiance is holding you accountable and expects you to be a responsible adult. And that you are a team. Plus he wants to get married on 2/22/22.

Bilal is super sweet and caring? Sure. He even brought a blanket to a late fall picnic. Easy to pull it out from under her. I would pass on the peach cider.

• Like 5
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Seriously - they believe if she takes birth control that she will have issues having kids later on?

I guess he was referring to the Pill, but FFS, there are many other forms of BC that are totally reversible as soon as you want to get pregnant. Not just a combo of a phone app and risky pull out in time. 

And did Kobe accompany her into the Women’s bathroom? 

I was just fascinated watching Emily drive with one hand while petting her hair with the other. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Wait a minute. In her TH after the picnic, Shaeeda said that Bilal “ruined their romantic date” by bringing up the prenup again. BUT SHAEEDA WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP when she was telling him about the visit from Shahida. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

My god. Emily and Kobe must be the stupidest 2 ppl on the planet and they should be banned from procreating.  Seriously - they believe if she takes birth control that she will have issues having kids later on? And on top of it, they use the pull out method.  Fucking idiots. I blame this on the American school system. @Trackdawg needs to provide me with a stupid gif for these two.

Who is Sheeda trying to convince that Bihalzebub is super sweet and caring? Us or herself? 

And then Emily told him he didn’t have to pull out if some app told her she wasn’t ovulating lol.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Wait a minute. In her TH after the picnic, Shaeeda said that Bilal “ruined their romantic date” by bringing up the prenup again. BUT SHAEEDA WAS THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP when she was telling him about the visit from Shahida. 

Yeah but he started his whole lecture about marriage is a contract all over again.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And then Emily told him he didn’t have to pull out if some app told her she wasn’t ovulating lol.

I know. I was so gobsmacked and horrified when I heard these two. Their combined IQ scores must be around 70.

• Like 1
  • Fire 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

I know. I was so gobsmacked and horrified when I heard these two. Their combined IQ scores must be around 70.

I expect this from a high school girl who had an oopsie baby and carried around a lot of guilt and maybe ignorance. Ems is almost 30 and has had 17 months to talk to her doctor about birth control options. She knew Kobe would be arriving and that they are in no position for several months to even consider adding to the family. Barely know each other, no job, etc.

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I expect this from a high school girl who had an oopsie baby and carried around a lot of guilt and maybe ignorance. Ems is almost 30 and has had 17 months to talk to her doctor about birth control options. She knew Kobe would be arriving and that they are in no position for several months to even consider adding to the family. Barely know each other, no job, etc.

Ain't it always the way on this show?

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ems is almost 30 and has had 17 months to talk to her doctor about birth control options. She knew Kobe would be arriving and that they are in no position for several months to even consider adding to the family.

IIRC, before Kobe's arrival, during the awkward "you are forbidden to get pregnant again in this house" conversation, Emily smugly told her parents that she HAD birth control, just hadn't "taken it yet" to which her mother responded, "then it's not going to work." 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Emily comes from the School of the Entitled, whose motto is “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.” I’d have respect for her parents if, upon hearing her baby news, told her and Kobe that they have two weeks to get their shit together and find another place to live because she broke her promise. Take the ring to the pawn shop/Guy Fieri’s jewelry store, get some money for rent and grow the fuck up.

• Like 3
  • Applause 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Emily comes from the School of the Entitled, whose motto is “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.” I’d have respect for her parents if, upon hearing her baby news, told her and Kobe that they have two weeks to get their shit together and find another place to live because she broke her promise. Take the ring to the pawn shop/Guy Fieri’s jewelry store, get some money for rent and grow the fuck up.

Emily and Kobe can take turns asking if you would like fries with that.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I bet her sister hates her.

Actually, besides hating Emily, I can imagine her sister as being a sanctimonious "goody goody" who delights in snitching on Emily. 

And trim those stringy, greasy bangs, sis! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 7/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, greekmom said:

My god. Emily and Kobe must be the stupidest 2 ppl on the planet and they should be banned from procreating.  

It’s taking me so long to catch up with these episodes, but the forums, as always, are on fire! Emily and Kobe are two peas in a very stupid pod. I feel incredibly sorry for their children, but her parents have to know that they reap what they sow. They can’t just throw their hands up and say, oh well, that’s Emily! There is absolutely no learning from lessons, it’s always “That’s so Emily!” ™️ I will say, her mother is absolutely gorgeous. Wow.

Bilal tries to give wounded poor baby vibes, but he’s an asshole of the finest kind and Sha should run, but she won’t bc she’s counting down the days and her eggs. I feel bad for her, truly.

On 7/9/2022 at 8:27 AM, greekmom said:

Kobe seems to be perpetually confused. We should keep a tally on how many times he says wow or oh my God or like. Bonus points for combinations therein.

On 7/9/2022 at 4:24 PM, magemaud said:

IIRC, before Kobe's arrival, during the awkward "you are forbidden to get pregnant again in this house" conversation, Emily smugly told her parents that she HAD birth control, just hadn't "taken it yet" to which her mother responded, "then it's not going to work." 

She’s so freaking smug. Imminently punchable potato.

Muhammad sounds like Mickey Mouse trying out for the Vienna boys choir. I am 100% respectful of people’s faith, no matter how different some of the traditions might seem to me, because, you know, cultural perspective. But you can’t cherry pick if you are devout in ANY FAITH. That much I know. You can’t say that you are a devout Muslim if you go to a woman’s house, live with her before marriage, have sex with her, etc. Please get off your tiny horse, God doesn’t like that stuff, you hypocrite. 

Guillermo and the red head give me old school 90 day vibes and I like it.

The Brazilian girl needs to realize she was brought here to stfu and look hot, not have an opinion. Her wee bf has anger issues and his brother with the cold sore needs to have that checked out. Sure wasn’t the overcooked chicken that gave that to you. #ITSHERPESIDIOT

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

The last time Thighs did something on her own she made ketchup and mustard chicken so maybe we don't let her call the shots. LOL.

Emily and Kobe deserve everything that happens to them, they are both idiots. Birth control is so misunderstood with these two it pains me to hear them talk about it, the pull out method only works for oral.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Based on the fact that Emily and Kobe are already parents, you'd think they'd know that there is a possibility that 1+1 = 3, if you don't wear a condom.  I can't wait to see her father's face when they break the good news. 

I wish Shaeeda had the same energy for Shadida as she does for Bilal.  There is a saying, "never let them see you sweat", but she was actually smiling while Shadida was basically equating her to a gold-digger.  I would have thrown her through one of those bay windows.   

All Mohamed talks about is getting his green card, nothing about his feelings for Yve.  If he knows that he can't stand to be away from his mother, then perhaps he should have stayed in Egypt.  

Somebody should probably tell Guillermo that marriage doesn't make a bad relationship better.  If anything, it makes a troubled relationship worse.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Bilal saying brung when he meant brought. He is consistent in giving us these each week.

Does Thais not realize when she keeps saying “I don’t want Patrick to know that my dad doesn’t like him” that he will in fact see these episodes?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
On 7/8/2022 at 10:53 PM, greekmom said:

The pull out method works.  Not pulling out because she's not ovulating according to her cell phone is not effective birth control, however.

I can't stand Bilal.  Didn't we already opine that the prenup wouldn't be valid if she doesn't get legal representation of her own?  That still doesn't feel right.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

The pull out method works.  Not pulling out because she's not ovulating according to her cell phone is not effective birth control, however.

I can't stand Bilal.  Didn't we already opine that the prenup wouldn't be valid if she doesn't get legal representation of her own?  That still doesn't feel right.

She said this ep that she wants to have a lawyer look it over.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Bilal/Shaeeda: Run, Shaeeda, run to a lawyer.  Or, better yet, the airport for a flight back to Trinidad.  You shouldn't  have to insist on taking the prenup to an attorney-Bilal should have arranged that.  But he's a scumbucket.

Yve/Mohammed:  I've finally placed Mohammed's voice!  He sounds like Rocky, the tiny little gangster in some Bugs Bunny cartoons, speaking with Edward G. Robinson's voice.  Or, if Edward G. Robinson never reached puberty.  

And there it is, folks, what we've seen for weeks: Mohammed doesn't give a hoot about Yve or even marriage.  He wants his green card and to bring Mommy here. 

The wedding venue sort of reminded me of the house in The Money Pit.  Where was the guide?  You just walk in and explore?

Guillermo/Kara: I'm here to tell you that whatever mildly bothers you about your intended mate during the engagement, when you have the most rose-colored glasses, will become intolerable after the wedding and will be at the root of your fights. What you see is what you get, and don't think that a ceremony means all those faults are erased magically.  For once, I found myself agreeing with John over in the Patrick/Thais trainwreck: problems just don't "go away".  You better be sure that you'd take that person even if they don't change one iota.  Can you tell I didn't listen to my own advice in a previous life?

Did she actually dismiss him with a flip of the wrist like he was a bug?  He's right; she scolds him like a mother.

Jibri/Miona: I had to look it up-the distance from Rapid City to Joshua Tree is 1309 miles.  I can't imagine a less beach-like environment, except maybe the Badlands (75 miles).  Wind Cave (59 miles) is lovely.  Why Joshua Tree-a fascinating place but pretty remote and climatically harsh?  

So Jibri says he feels like he's 15 in the previews?  He's worse.  The 15 year olds I have raised have had, I don't know, a job?  My 22 year old son is ahead of Jibri in that he has his own place.  How was he enabled to stay so dependant?

And you got it, Emily/Kobe!  I think my kids knew the facts of life and birth control by the time they were 10.  I see Emily missed that class due to hanging out with Ari, Olga, Tiffany, and whoever else might as well name their babies "Oops".   I'm also looking at Kobe, who couldn't use a condom?   In Emily and Kobe's case, it was imperative not to get pregnant again. They're not paying for the kid they already have.  Morons.

*I want to edit this to say that I get that sometimes, well, there's a little one coming despite precautions-not that everyone with a surprise is a moron.  I had a surprise myself, and I was a surprise to my 45 year old mother.   But the pulling out and cross your fingers method is not a precaution.

27 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Did they ever say why Kobe didn't want Emily to use birth control? (And why she listened to him?)

I thought he was concerned that the Pill might make it impossible for her to have more children later.  I also wonder if he has some kind of macho thing going on, hence not using a condom himself.

Edited by AR Traveler
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

"Thais is being really difficult about getting married in Orlando. But I've been moving forward with our plans for our wedding and I want it to be at a good venue, have just a great party, and make sure, you know, all my close friends and family are there."

Patrick, it's not "our" plans if you're the only one making them.

And Thais, when Patrick said (paraphrasing) because he's paying for everything he doesn't have to discuss it with you, you should have seen big 🚩🚩🚩. I guarantee that's Patrick's game plan for the duration of your marriage; if he's paying for something, the decision is his. If you get a job and have some money of your own, unless your salary matches his he will pull the "I'm contributing more money than you for this purchase, so the decision is mine."

Patrick doesn't mind paying for your hair, makeup, and clothing because the better you look the better he looks. He loves knowing other guys are jealous of him having a "hot chick".

Patrick was clearly looking for arm candy when he found you; he admitted as such when he told the story of how you two met. 

That's your role in Patrick's life; that will remain your only role in Patrick's life however long you're married to him.

Patrick doesn't need a wife with whom he can share his thoughts, dreams, and feelings, or discuss important decisions.

He has John for that, and John isn't going anywhere.

He also has other family members to hang out with occasionally, and plenty of friends - both male and female - to party with.

You will never take the place of any of those people in Patrick's life.

Your job in this marriage will be to always look good, and accompany Patrick to any social engagements where bringing a hot chick will be an asset to him.

If that's not enough for you (and I hope to God it isn't), get out now.

Moving on to John:

When shopping for a tuxedo for Patrick to wear at his and Thais' wedding, John said his taste is "impectuous" (Note to @MrBuhBye : CC matching spoken dialogue verified).

That comment, along with many other things he's said in the past, has made it obvious Dunning-Kruger University is John's alma mater.

Screenshot_20220711-013908.png.b8c0f37e5391adaa48e1b9ac8b48b844.png

Note to John: shoot me a DM with your height and weight so I can send you the right size T-shirt.

"Impectuous" is not a word.
"Impetuous" is a word, but probably not what John was going for, because it means: 

"Acting and done quickly without thought or care."

That is close to the truth of his taste in clothing, come to think of it. 😊

Obviously the word he was searching for (and couldn't find) was "impeccable".

We can add John to the list of 90 Day Fiancé cast members who try to sound more intelligent than they are by using a multisyllabic word that either doesn't exist or doesn't mean what they think it means - and sounding more stupider* as a result.

*Courtesy of Karen Everett, mother of Chantal Jimeno

Edited by TwirlyGirly
The letter "Q" mysteriously appeared at the beginning of a sentence, and we can't have THAT!
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, AR Traveler said:

I thought he was concerned that the Pill might make it impossible for her to have more children later.  I also wonder if he has some kind of macho thing going on, hence not using a condom himself.

Thanks, AR. How are you and your daughter doing?

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

We can add John to the list of 90 Day Fiancé cast members who try to sound more intelligent than they are by using a multisyllabic word that either doesn't exist or doesn't mean what they think it means - and sounding more stupider* as a result.

*Courtesy of Karen Everett, mother of Chantal Jimeno

"More ----er" is a really common mistake in America now. It drives me a little crazy.

One time on Pillow Talk, the word "pejorative" was said. Maybe because it came up in the 90 Day episode they were commenting on. And the only person who knew what it meant was... Larisa, who must have said it in the first place.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 5

Becoming pregnant “Accidentally” once is understandable,but TWICE?!? Really?

Sorry to be all “tmi” but how are these people with no home, no jobs, already struggling with a “accident” baby that’s still in diapers end up “accidentally” pregnant again!? How can you mentally continue to have enjoyable,carefree, unprotected sex & that not cross your mind every single time?

Emily, Kobe telling you not to continue your birth control should have been a huge red flag. Anyone with a brain would stop having sex with that person or just use BC secretly.  

But knowing Emily, It’s just her fucked up way to continue living with mommy & daddy with free rent & childcare,she knows they wouldn’t dare kick her to the streets with another infant. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, AR Traveler said:

They act like these are the only two options for birth control. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Its like the cons on Love After Lockup, who like to conversate about their dreams and aberrations. Or plan romantic "rondy-moos". 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Of course it does, in the same way that playing Russian roulette saves lives.

• Love 3

Honestly what will Kobe and Emily the two numb nuts teach their children about sex, birth control, responsibility, life in general? As far as Emily being on the pill, I would doubt she would even remember to take it every day.

John, yeah he gets the words wrong ala Norm Crosby but I think his heart is in the right place and really does care about his brother's happiness.  

How long before Thighs gets a nose job or some other cosmetic surgery.

Yve will marry Mohammad knowing she shouldn't but as long as she gets her fairytale wedding she does not care. She managed to find the oddest venue for her wedding but is it worth it financially when you will only have 10 people at your event? What about catering, photography, a wedding cake, a dress, his suit, she talks a lot about the fairytale wedding but what has she actually planned?

Miona and Jibrib and their mutual love of the Paris Blues clothing brand Southwestern patterned cardigans, Father agrees Jibrib is acting like a 15 year old, Mother sits in silence wondering where they went wrong.  Does Miona ever change her facial expression or have any inflection in her voice?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

(Note to @MrBuhBye : CC matching spoken dialogue verified).

Yeah I checked because I didn’t know what he said.  I assume he meant impeccable.

3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its like the cons on Love After Lockup, who like to conversate about their dreams and aberrations. Or plan romantic "rondy-moos". 

I questioned conversate somewhere else and got a lot of pushback.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

John, yeah he gets the words wrong ala Norm Crosby but I think his heart is in the right place and really does care about his brother's happiness.

To be fair Bilal does it more.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

the oddest venue for her wedding

I thought it was garish and ugly.  Especially the red chairs in the dining room she gushed over.  

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Father agrees Jibrib is acting like a 15 year old

Isn’t that the stepfather?  If so, I thought it was odd he was taking a harder stance.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

They act like these are the only two options for birth control. 

Exactly. If she doesn't want to use a hormonal method such as The Pill, Depo, etc, there are plenty of non-hormonal methods available.

Did Mohamed just say he wants to get married so he can run home to Mommy? Ugh. I wonder if he ever slips up during sex and calls Yve "Green Card?"

Here's what I suspect happened during the big Thais/Patrick makeup kerfuffle: She sends him the name of one makeup artist as a way of saying "This is the price level I was thinking of." He interprets that as "This is who I want" and pays the reservation fee, locking Thais in. It was just a simple miscommunication.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I checked because I didn’t know what he said.  I assume he meant impeccable.

I questioned conversate somewhere else and got a lot of pushback.  

So of course I had to go look up conversate and although it is a real word it is not the ideal word.  The better choice would be converse.  (It seems to be a new word popping up more and more and I have questioned it (in my head) also.)

• Love 2
(edited)

I think @Pepper Mostly was using the word "conversate" in a nod to Love After Lockup. It is a real word that has become popular in the Urban Dictionary and can be used in place of "converse." We did conversate about its usage here at some length. 

Mo has only been here a couple of months and he's already anxious to get back to Egypt and Mommy? Who's paying for that little junket? 

Why don't Mo and Yve get married at "Medieval Times"? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 6

Why does Patrick say Thais doesn't speak English? I'm sure she prefers Portgugese but her English is pretty good. I'm impressed Patrick speaks Portgugese. Wonder how he learned that? 

4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I'm sure he did. None of the Pillow Talkers could figure that out. Are they all stupid? 

Guillermo has been in a 3 yr relationship with Kara. They lived together in the DR at some point. He knows how she is. Stop with the fakeness. 

Can't wait to see Emily's parents reaction to her news. Her mother will sit there stonefaced and her Dad will blame it all on Kobe. 

Mo is turning out to be a complete A-hole. Yve is being unreasonable. Why can't they get married at the courthouse and have the big wedding later? Neither one of them want to compromise on anything which is a recipe for disaster in a marriage. 

I love Shaeeda. She's too good for Bilal. I do wonder why she's 37 and never married, only broken engagements.  Not a big deal in American culture but I'm sure she's considered an old maid where she's from. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yve will marry Mohammad knowing she shouldn't but as long as she gets her fairytale wedding she does not care. She managed to find the oddest venue for her wedding but is it worth it financially when you will only have 10 people at your event? What about catering, photography, a wedding cake, a dress, his suit, she talks a lot about the fairytale wedding but what has she actually planned?

As you said, she wants The Big Fairytale Wedding she's been sold since birth and obviously feels incomplete without. Everything else is incidental.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Mo is turning out to be a complete A-hole. Yve is being unreasonable. Why can't they get married at the courthouse and have the big wedding later? Neither one of them want to compromise on anything which is a recipe for disaster in a marriage. 

I can't help but notice that every time Mohamed lectures Yve about The Importance of Compromising, the only person required to "compromise" is her. He's never willing to give an inch. Lurking beneath the weird vocal mannerisms and effeminate manner is a controlling tyrant. I believe his endgame is to live in the US with Mommy waiting on him hand and foot, and Yve there to provide a steady income and sex whenever he wants it.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

As you said, she wants The Big Fairytale Wedding she's been sold since birth and obviously feels incomplete without.

It's beyond sad and pathetic that a woman pushing fifty is still so obsessed with the pretty-pretty-princess wedding. To a man young enough to be her son and who acts like a ten-year-old. Unless the entire thing is scripted, in which case it's a whole different kind of sad and pathetic.

• Applause 9
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

He's never willing to give an inch. Lurking beneath the weird vocal mannerisms and effeminate manner is a controlling tyrant.

Tyrant is a good word for Mohammad. A gaslighting tyrant. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

It’s taking me so long to catch up with these episodes, but the forums, as always, are on fire! Emily and Kobe are two peas in a very stupid pod. I feel incredibly sorry for their children, but her parents have to know that they reap what they sow. They can’t just throw their hands up and say, oh well, that’s Emily! There is absolutely no learning from lessons, it’s always “That’s so Emily!” ™️ I will say, her mother is absolutely gorgeous. Wow.

Emily's mom is very pretty.  I noticed that when Emily had on a mask and it covered up her MASSIVE chin, she actually looked kind of pretty herself.  

Kobe with his $2,000 thinking he's coming to America with great wealth.. Emily and her (obviously fake) 2nd ring... that she "returned" to get money back... we all know it is a $20 cv from etsy.  Little Kobain has total idiots for parents.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4