Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Barbecues, Breakups & Betrothals

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Chalby said:

This is an observation that I hesitated to post because I'm unsure if it's inappropriate, rude, or simply an observation?

I have noticed a disproportionate amount of camera shots aimed at Dorinda's butt. If this was Eva or Tamra, I'd understand. If I were Dorinda, I would insist on final approval prior to airing.

Her butt looks flat, wide and loose, and she appears bow-legged. Yet her butt appears fine and firm in her bathing suit...? No sooner was this image shown, then a shot of her butt in these horrible, shiny exercise leggings was shown. Ugh .. horrible image.

Dorinda needs to get a new, and personal, handle on her PR machine. 

I think you are posting about a different show.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

This is an observation that I hesitated to post because I'm unsure if it's inappropriate, rude, or simply an observation?

I have noticed a disproportionate amount of camera shots aimed at Dorinda's butt. If this was Eva or Tamra, I'd understand. If I were Dorinda, I would insist on final approval prior to airing.

Her butt looks flat, wide and loose, and she appears bow-legged. Yet her butt appears fine and firm in her bathing suit...? No sooner was this image shown, then a shot of her butt in these horrible, shiny exercise leggings was shown. Ugh .. horrible image.

Dorinda needs to get a new, and personal, handle on her PR machine. 

I think you brought the RH Ultimate Girls Trip Ex Housewives to Charleston 😄 Ugh dont even get me started on them 

• LOL 6
(edited)
On 7/8/2022 at 7:06 AM, nexxie said:

Kathryn’s face looks like it was done by a child who just opened her first set of Hollywood Glam Girl Makeup. Gives her the look of one of those unstable women in a novel or film from some past era - and makes her seem out of touch with reality. (Which matches her words and behavior.)

The word that pops into my head watching Kathryn is tragic.

Like Gloria Swanson, lol:

image.png

Edited by Lastwaltz
double image
  • LOL 3
On 7/13/2022 at 11:33 AM, Chalby said:

Sadly, guys like Shep will marry the gal after Taylor, yet he will mourn the loss of his "perfect Taylor" to his poor suffering wife, every day.

And he will lament her loss to his dinner guests, just like Thomas did first season!  Remember the beer cart girl, the one who got away?

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

And he will lament her loss to his dinner guests, just like Thomas did first season!  Remember the beer cart girl, the one who got away?

Ah no one could remove a bottle cap like that paragon of refinement.

• LOL 6
On 7/9/2022 at 4:35 PM, kristen111 said:

GROSS.  Nothing to the imagination anymore.

Meanwhile, Madison’s outfit at the lunch with Venita also had midriff but was pretty and feminine, because she was actually wearing clothes. The workout clothes as outerwear has never been my thing though, so I’m biased (and old). 

Shep is an insufferable commitment-phobe playboy: Thomas 2:0. Still amazes me Thomas made it into his 50s before he got a woman pregnant (that we know about). Taylor isn’t thinking straight. As Maya Angelou said, “When someone shows you who he is, believe him.” Shep is showing her and telling her! She should be out of there or at least use birth control! I get almost as upset at the woman as the men when I see this. How many signs/red flags does she need to see?

I didn’t miss Naomi this episode. Liked the Driving Miss Daisy bit. 

Agree that Katherine looks so much prettier in the THs with red hair!

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Kathryn's hair journey: from beautiful long lustrous red hair, to a horrific bleached short bob, to a long fake-shiny red wig.

100%

I remember several season ago she was doing this odd part way on the side of her head and the front of her hair swept across her forehead with a sparkly barrette to hold it in place.  She seems to have hair issues.

Bad taste in clothing too.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100%

I remember several season ago she was doing this odd part way on the side of her head and the front of her hair swept across her forehead with a sparkly barrette to hold it in place.  She seems to have hair issues.

Bad taste in clothing too.

She was such a beautiful young girl, but she never had a scrap of taste.  She seemed never to have even been house trained at first.

a blithe young spirit passed along to each man.  

she is now a bloated hag.  Bad skin and her hair is straw!

she was supposed to be “Southern gentry”

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
On 7/12/2022 at 11:53 AM, Starlight925 said:

have news for you, Taylor....he's not going to wake up one day, pull a George Clooney, and settle down.  Or if he does, it will b

If he didn’t make up his mind after two years, she’s not the one.  The “ one” will knock his socks off.  Shep needs a strong woman who will give him a hard time, not be all over him.  Taylor is making a fool of herself waiting for him, or even trying to get pregnant.  Tricking him is not the way.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Shep seemed to really be only interested in Cameron, at least that's the impression I got from earlier seasons.

This show feels so fake now.  Before it felt like they were all friends or at least knew each other pretty well, now it feels like I'm watching The Hills.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KLJ said:

Shep seemed to really be only interested in Cameron, at least that's the impression I got from earlier seasons.

This show feels so fake now.  Before it felt like they were all friends or at least knew each other pretty well, now it feels like I'm watching The Hills.

Yes.  He did more than like Cameron.  She wasn’t pretentious, made fun of herself and kept the boys in line.  I loved her. I liked the original cast.  Not this cast at all.

• Love 5
On 7/15/2022 at 4:40 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Agree that Katherine looks so much prettier in the THs with red hair!

White hair, black eyebrows, light colored clothes and spider lashes.  I think she had a breakdown.  What happened to her nice job at Gwens?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think if Cameron ever got a divorce Shep would be on it like white on rice. Who knows, she might too.

Madison’s veneers make her look manly. 

I think Madison ruined her look.  She looks ordinary now, like so many others.  She should of left well enough alone.  Big mistake.  Naomi too.  She had a unusual pretty look before.  What are they thinking?  Leave well enough alone.  That goes for Katherine too.  Most movie stars ruined their natural look, like Percilla Presley and so many others.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Hugs & Kisses to Craig.  😍

I plan on stopping in to Sewing Down South, it is on Kings Street and I do like to shop on King...would you all think less of me if I purchased something from the store?

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I plan on stopping in to Sewing Down South, it is on Kings Street and I do like to shop on King...would you all think less of me if I purchased something from the store?

You just have to.  It’s a must.  Tell him you are President of the “Crazy Ladies” Primetimer Fan Club.  You might get a freebie.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 6
3 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I thought the store fired her after the monkey emoji.

They had so much cause, we'd need a new word for 'cause'.  

^That said, I never really believed she was a legitimate employee or contractor.  PR/marketing probably, that blew up in their face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/8/2022 at 8:43 AM, TexasGal said:

Ditto on Chleb.  He seemed pretty cool but then acting like - TWO KIDS?!  WHAT'S THAT ABOUT?  Dude, don't act like you didn't know.

My friend texted me last night that I need to find a Pringle.  I'd be ok with that. 🙂

I don’t think Katherine even has joint custody of her kids and I believe what she does have is supervised.  It’s not like they are with her that often.

I also like Pringle.

• Love 2
On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, izabella said:

In the first season of the show, Shep told us he always uses condoms.  That was when Kathryn had her first pregnancy scare after having sex with both Shep and Thomas (separately!).  Shep was clear that there was no way he was the father becasue he and Kathryn used condoms, and he always does.

If he's not using them anymore, I guess he's losing his mind in his old age.

You forgot to add Whitney to the first season mix with Kathryn.

• Love 2

Madison: "I have a client that had a house we can throw a party at..." 

Just stop it, Southern Charm. Just stop it. We know it's a Bravo house. 

I want so badly to like Venita. Please let me like you. Be yourself. Not a social media meme, INFLUENCER. 

Shep, grow the hell up. I wonder how many abortions he's responsible for. While they sit in judgment of who is top quality material. They perpetuate the cycle. It's so sad.

These people are so stuck up. If not for TV they would not have any multicultural friends. Doubt they'd even have northerner friends. 

• Love 5
On 7/17/2022 at 6:10 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I think if Cameron ever got a divorce Shep would be on it like white on rice. Who knows, she might too.

Madison’s veneers make her look manly. 

Speaking of veneers.  Olivia especially and Madison have to see whoever made their veneers.  Olivia constantly is rolling her tongue around like they are bothering her.  Madison a little bit.  It’s like they are in the way or uncomfortable.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Speaking of veneers.  Olivia especially and Madison have to see whoever made their veneers.  Olivia constantly is rolling her tongue around like they are bothering her.  Madison a little bit.  It’s like they are in the way or uncomfortable.

Is there a smalltalk section here ? I don't want to go off topic but DO want to ask about veneers. I cringe at the thought of them in an otherwise healthy (see: not meth addict) teeth.  Are they as common now as botox?  Seems like everyone on the howives shows and all Bravo shows gets them now. I thought whitening treatments were the norm if you are an adult and already had braces as a youth. Shep needed new teeth because as he mentioned sports injuries when he was younger presumably losing his teeth.  I just don't understand putting yourself in a high maintenance situation with veneers as a healthy person. Giudices look crazy already.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Is there a smalltalk section here ? I don't want to go off topic but DO want to ask about veneers. I cringe at the thought of them in an otherwise healthy (see: not meth addict) teeth.  Are they as common now as botox?  Seems like everyone on the howives shows and all Bravo shows gets them now. I thought whitening treatments were the norm if you are an adult and already had braces as a youth. Shep needed new teeth because as he mentioned sports injuries when he was younger presumably losing his teeth.  I just don't understand putting yourself in a high maintenance situation with veneers as a healthy person. Giudices look crazy already.

I would never get veneers as I am the nervous type.  What if you don’t like the way they feel?  I would want to pull them out.  Then what?  I would just have them whitened.  The others would drive me crazy.  Besides, some of them that got veneers don’t look the same.  They look worse, especially Madison.  There’s nothing like the teeth you were born with.  I would never do plastic surgery either.  I hate those big lips everyone on tv is sporting also.  Cher had gorgeous lips, until she had them done bigger or whatever.  Big mistake.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Here's the link to the small talk thread:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/2630-small-talk-yall-come-back-now-yhear/#comments

• Useful 2
On 7/8/2022 at 11:39 AM, OlderThanDirt said:

Do phones not play thru cars' systems in Charleston?  Talking on hand held phones is illegal where I live. Kathryn using her leg to steer while driving in the rain was giving me major anxiety! It was the strongest feeling generated by the whole show.

Omg I’m glad I’m not the only one who was freaked out by this! And they were all doing it!!

• Love 4
On 7/8/2022 at 11:28 PM, izabella said:

I don't know what his problem with commitment is anyway.  What exactly is he doing with his much-vaunted freedom?  Like he can't booze it up at the country club with other husbands who are boozing it up and flirting with the waitresses?  I think he's too lazy to pull his weight in a relationship, requires the woman to do all the heavy lifting, and is far too lazy to be a parent.

I mean, this may be an unpopular opinion, but at least Shep recognizes he’s too lazy to be a dad — instead of just barreling ahead into fatherhood and being a shitty one. *shrug*

Of course this doesn’t explain why he’s seemingly cool with not using birth control (???). 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, ladle said:

I mean, this may be an unpopular opinion, but at least Shep recognizes he’s too lazy to be a dad — instead of just barreling ahead into fatherhood and being a shitty one. *shrug*

Of course this doesn’t explain why he’s seemingly cool with not using birth control (???). 

Dogs like Shep assume the woman is on birth control. They don't want to take responsibility and wrap it up. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 7/11/2022 at 8:52 PM, Chicklet said:

Sadly, I think they have figured that into the show, it's "drama". They are just this stupid.

Hmm, there are many negative things I can say about Shep but I don’t get the sense that he’s stupid. I feel like they ARE probably using protection and this is just something to give them a storyline. Or, maybe they HAVE already committed to each other and “Shep is Peter Pan” is their storyline? I don’t know.