Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E06: Simon's Favorite Golden Buzzers

• Start Topic

Premieres Tuesday, July 5th @ 8PM EDT. 

Judge Simon Cowell and host Terry Crews discuss their careers and recap some of the most memorable golden buzzer moments from various contestants who have showed off their skills in front of America in the hopes of winning big.

5 hours ago, Superclam said:

A clips show so early in the season? Re-live all the sentiment! 

Maybe cuz it's a holiday week? 

I was sort of half watching while doing other stuff but then they got to Brandon the poet and I turned it off.

I enjoyed it!  I fast forwarded through a few of them, but I was hoping to see Darci Lynne in the top 5, and she was chosen as #2, so I am happy!  She's one of my all-time favorites. 

He chose Nightbirde as #1, and I'm glad that he did.    Hearing her song, It's Okay means a lot to me.  Her words to Simon brought a tear to my eyes too!  She said: "You don't have to wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy."  RIP sweet Jane, aka Nightbirde.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I enjoyed it!  I fast forwarded through a few of them, but I was hoping to see Darci Lynne in the top 5, and she was chosen as #2, so I am happy!  She's one of my all-time favorites. 

He chose Nightbirde as #1, and I'm glad that he did.    Hearing her song, It's Okay means a lot to me.  Her words to Simon brought a tear to my eyes too!  She said: "You don't have to wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy."  RIP sweet Jane, aka Nightbirde.

I, too, was happy to see Nightbird...it brought tears to my eyes to see her again, so young, her voice was sweet & full of emotion...that moment deserved to be # 1.

• Love 2

Anyway, for those that didn't watch it, it was Simon & Terry sitting in a theater (Simon's?) counting down Simon's top 15 Golden Buzzers over the last 6 years. Interesting to note that most of the winners did not go on to much success. 

• Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Anyway, for those that didn't watch it, it was Simon & Terry sitting in a theater (Simon's?) counting down Simon's top 15 Golden Buzzers over the last 6 years. Interesting to note that most of the winners did not go on to much success. 

It’s sad that any success mentioned amounted to “has over 500,000 social media followers!” but that’s the world we live in today. Success = how many people are following you on IG. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Frisky Wig said:

It’s sad that any success mentioned amounted to “has over 500,000 social media followers!” but that’s the world we live in today. Success = how many people are following you on IG. 

I always roll my eyes when I see an article about some viral video or something and they have to include the number of Likes it got on social media. I'm thinking, cute cat but why would I care how many people Liked him?

• LOL 1

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode even though when it began I thought I'd end up deleting it quickly.  For me, they could air a similar show ever year bringing us up to date on what individuals or groups are doing currently.  It was also fun to see the judges as how they looked in previous years.  Maybe some facial enhancements on the ladies?

This was an episode for superfans, though the ratings are probably going to be a lot higher for including people who died in front of the TV and couldn't turn it off. (the only way to escape this show's pull)

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Annifran said:

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode even though when it began I thought I'd end up deleting it quickly.  For me, they could air a similar show ever year bringing us up to date on what individuals or groups are doing currently.  It was also fun to see the judges as how they looked in previous years.  Maybe some facial enhancements on the ladies?

Yes, I would have liked some up-dates on these groups...what are they doing now?  Especially the Light guys from Ukraine, with all that is going on over there, are they still in Ukraine or did they find opportunities in the US?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Especially the Light guys from Ukraine, with all that is going on over there, are they still in Ukraine or did they find opportunities in the US?

I've lost track of most previous contestants & winners.  The only one I've looked up from time to time is Darci Lynne.  I think she's one of the more successful winners.  I like Shin Lim, but I haven't kept up with him.  Hopefully he's finding success in Las Vegas, or wherever he ended up!

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, I would have liked some up-dates on these groups...what are they doing now?  Especially the Light guys from Ukraine, with all that is going on over there, are they still in Ukraine or did they find opportunities in the US?

I just looked up Light Balance and found their Facebook page, but the most recent posts are from February..