Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Do You Have Condoms?

• Start Topic

All of these guys could give a master class in Smirking.

Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jayden’s thought bubble: Get me away from this bullshit.

Road trip. Lets go rescue Jayden. 

YES JAYDEN! Speak your truth!

• Love 7

OK peeps, that was fun! I'll just wrap up the dip, it should keep till next week, right? 😉

See you all around the forum--and counting down to Love After Lockup! Stay safe, and lets all hope for a saner world. 

• Love 6

I get a kick out of the fact that Nick doesn’t seem to have a say in his own life.  I believe the reason he is in love with Danielle is because she is something new. The fact that April is so quick to palm him off on the other women tells me she isn’t too keen on sleeping with him anymore. 

Steve’s daughter, Jayden made some valid points.  If Brenda wants a friend, she should just go out and make a friend.  Brenda is very concerned about April because she was once in her position and look at her now.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Marcus’ constituents in Ohio(?) are now second guessing their votes for him.

This.  How can he be on this show and hold an office?  All these groups act like polygamy is legal anywhere.  And, in Marcus' case, he's living in Florida and traveling to North Carolina, while serving Ohio.  Surely, there must be some residency requirement for his public office.  If so, he's barely scraping or not meeting the minimum number of days required in his primary residence.  

I forget the town that he works for, but it's not top-tier.  Maybe he should focus on his job more.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Anyone that wants me to sleep in a bed with 3-5 other people is just plain nuts. How could you possibly get any rest with numerous people breathing on you? As awful as Kody Brown is he doesn’t expect his wives to sleep in the same bed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Anyone that wants me to sleep in a bed with 3-5 other people is just plain nuts. How could you possibly get any rest with numerous people breathing on you? As awful as Kody Brown is he doesn’t expect his wives to sleep in the same bed. 

And if someone in the middle has to pee and they have to climb over everyone!  And all of the tossing and turning and like you said breathing.. I’m getting claustrophobic just thinking about it.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jayden, your super power is COMMON SENSE!!!!!

Yes! Jayden was the winner of the night. She sees her father's b*** sh** and calls him out on it. Yeah, what if Brenda wanted a boyfriend? NOOO! That won't work because this lifestyle is all about Steve.

As someone else said that girl with Nick with the long hair does look like a young Tonya Harding. I was trying to think why she looked familiar.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Ah, crap.  No Ick to make fun of this week.

Instead of asking Sidian if he has condoms, Tosha should ask herself if she has a brain.  Those two are creepy AF.

Is it just me, or do Boat Boy's kids sound like they have speech problems?  Good for Jayden that she told her horndog dad she was disgusted by his philandering.  

Sharing a bed with three other people?  Ew.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

As bizarre as I find the people on this show I really can’t wrap my head around 4 of them supposedly sharing a bed. Part of me thinks it’s total bullshit to make them stand out and increase the weirdness factor but who knows.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Nick wants to fall in love as much as possible. Yeah right he just wants to fall into as many vaginas as possible.

Sidian has to go around the world to find another woman who wants him. No surprise there, he is just ick. 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Did Sidian drive himself to the airport and leave the car there? Even if Tosha has her own car, why would he do that?  Parking at the airport, even in the long term lots, gets expensive quickly.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Twopper said:

Okay, I haven’t seen the earlier episodes this season, and I am really confused with these new peeps.  So are there 2 Danielle’s? Once with Garrick and formerly Roberta and this new Danielle?

And I think there are two Aprils, one with Brenda and Steve and one in Nick’s harem. Just to make us even more confused.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

Danielle is like a bobble head doll.  I watched her on the hot chocolate date with the sister wives.  She nodded constantly.  Even when they showed her from the back her head was nodding.  It was hilarious.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

And I think there are two Aprils, one with Brenda and Steve and one in Nick’s harem. Just to make us even more confused.

Lucky that the Whiny Brineys from season one aren't on anymore.  
There was an April in that weird bunch, too.  But apparently she's since split from the others.

• Love 4

I found the chicken soup meal cringe worthy.  First off, they didn't seem to know that the best homemade chicken soup is made with bone-in chicken where most of the flavor comes from.  Certainly, it doesn't come from expensive cut-up white breast meat which has little flavor.  And then, eating soup with a fork?  I guess you use a fork for the noodles and chicken and a spoon for the broth?  And nothing else on the table, bread or ?

This group of women on the show this season have little to no self-esteem or self-respect.  There is only one man this season who is reasonably attractive and interesting.  The others leave a lot to be desired that are not worthy of a second glance.  I also question why they all seem to reside in small, lower income homes while they should be working, bringing in two, three or possibly four incomes.  I wonder what their job skills or education is.

Isn't it strange that of all the couplings this season there are no young children among them?

• Like 3
  • Love 9

I'm glad you chimed in on the chicken soup.  First of all, chicken soup is our favorite family activity--says no family ever!

Also, as was noted, it was made with breast meat.  And what was with those noodles?  First, Dad was kneading the dough with his hands.  Then they were just dropping large strands of dough in the soup.  It would have made for some gross soggy starch strands.  Yuck.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Annifran said:

Isn't it strange that of all the couplings this season there are no young children among them?

This season does seem to be made up of middle-aged horndogs looking to get younger women under the guise of polygamy.  Their children are generally older.  Also none of them seem to be looking for younger women to have more children and create the large families of the more traditional religious polygamist families that were on previously.  

I noticed that in the talking heads Nick almost always is holding the younger April while the older Jennifer is holding onto his arm.  They even have stills of him fully leaning on April.  He usually has his hand on her thigh.  I wonder how she'll really feel if she gets almost replaced by the younger Danielle. 

Of course Danielle being naive will make her more likely to think that Nick's meaningless teachings show his great value as a thinker.  I am pretty certain that the typical Primetimer poster would be in constant eye roll if we had to listen to him pontificate. 

Danielle seems very young and inexperienced.  In the car scene, April, who was driving, looked like she was going to nod off listening to Danielle ramble on.  The whole thing felt more like mom April was driving carpool for the (not actually) teenage couple in the back and their chatty friend. 

ETA: Fixed the names of Nick's crew. 

• Love 6

Catching the end of the episode.  Jayden is great.  She has no Fs left for her father. It is not just her being a cranky teenager. I particularly enjoyed her asking why Brenda doesn't just get a friend.  So many of these women seem to be missing the idea that it is possible to have good female friends without sharing a husband. 

• Applause 3
  • Love 13

Yet another post - that was a bowl of noodles with some chicken and carrots.  That was not chicken noodle soup. 

Also it seems like when India started up with Marcus is up for debate.  Taryn's look when India was saying Marcus was single at the time they started dating did not seem to show agreement in the timeline.  I recall Taryn saying she found out Marcius was cheating with India prior to moving out.  Or was he just bedding anyone he could? 

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I noticed that in the talking heads Nick almost always is holding the younger April while the older Jennifer is holding onto his arm.  They even have stills of him fully leaning on April.  He usually has his hand on her thigh.  I wonder how she'll really feel if she gets almost replaced by the younger Danielle. 

April is the older lady; she has a teenage son, William from a prior relationship. We met him on the first episode, but he hasn't been seen since. Jennifer is her co-worker and legal wife.  Nick is 38, Jennifer is 24 and Danielle is 22.  For whatever reason, April's age is not given, only that she met Nick in College.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

April is the older lady; she has a teenage son, William from a prior relationship. We met him on the first episode, but he hasn't been seen since. Jennifer is her co-worker and legal wife.  Nick is 38, Jennifer is 24 and Danielle is 22.  For whatever reason, April's age is not given, only that she met Nick in College.  

Thanks for the correction.  They are all so messy. I suspect April is older than Nick. Then again Nick looks much older than 38. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Yet another post - that was a bowl of noodles with some chicken and carrots.  That was not chicken noodle soup. 

Every Jewish mother on the planet, including me, plotzed when we saw them making that “chicken soup.” I guess they cook the chicken, add carrots and celery and a few boxes of store bought broth and say they labored over a hot stove for three minutes all afternoon.

7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Or was he just bedding anyone he could? 

I believe they referred to it as “fishing.” Because accidentally falling into someone’s vagina seems much too crude for this bunch.

6 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Nick looks much older than 38. 

A direct result of all that thinking he does.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I believe they referred to it as “fishing.” Because accidentally falling into someone’s vagina seems much too crude for this bunch..

Right? She actually used the word "fishing". It reminded me of that creepy cult, the Children of God. In an effort to gain converts, or, barring that, hook guys who looked like they had money who could be convinced to help "support" them in exchange for sex, the younger women (even if they were married and/or had kids) were encouraged to dress up sexy and trawl bars for men. It was called "flirty fishing". 

That a grown woman with on shred of self respect would sit by and let her horndog husband go "fishing" for new "wives" is unbelievable.

Chicken Soup man (Steve? Who cares) had me rolling with his nattering on about "negative outside influences" being the reason his daughter is to opposed to his "relationships". Yes that's right, Steve. "Society" is so restrictive and oppressive. I just cannot wait to see the look on Steve's face when one of his kids comes out, or brings home a Black SO. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Trying not to be mean, but one thing can be said, these men don’t care about looks.  Tasha is the only attractive female on the show.   Well 21 year old April isn’t bad.  I loved Steve’s daughter telling it like it is, Steve turned beat red and was not happy at all.  Poor Brenda, April’s coming on board whether you like it or not, Steve wants her and that is it!  She doesn’t care about a close relationship with you, she is there for Steve.  

Danielle (with Nick the critical thinker)  has no idea what she is doing.  They should help her out and reject her now.

I though the Epps were having this huge party the way they were making those little gift bags and all the food they had, I kept waiting for 25 more people to show up.  I like India, she can do better.  

• Like 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Endora said:

I though the Epps were having this huge party the way they were making those little gift bags and all the food they had, I kept waiting for 25 more people to show up.  I like India, she can do better.  

I found myself counting the gift bags.  They said that so many people came in from out of town, etc., that I expected at least 100 people at a party.  Then we see a dozen people in the kitchen, three of whom live there.  They have an interesting idea of a what a large party is. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
On 7/5/2022 at 2:11 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Lucky that the Whiny Brineys from season one aren't on anymore.  
There was an April in that weird bunch, too.  But apparently she's since split from the others.

It's confusing. There's two Aprils and two Danielles

The April with Steve (Boat man) is the 21 year old. April with Nick is the oldest lady of the trio. Nick's new "addition" is 22 year old Danielle(blonde hair w/glasses). Not to be confused with Garrick (one who's always crying over Berta) and Danielle.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

So I just read on a gossip site (not all that reliable) that TLC couldn’t find any  wannabe polygamist women, so they’ve hired actresses.

Edited by judylo
Typo
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, judylo said:

So I just read on a gossip site (not all that reliable) that TLC couldn’t findany wannabe polygamist women, so they’ve hired actresses.

Can’t imagine why they’re having trouble finding women who want to sign up for inclusion in these relationships …

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, judylo said:

So I just read on a gossip site (not all that reliable) that TLC couldn’t find any  wannabe polygamist women, so they’ve hired actresses.

God, they must have trawled the local community theater groups for this batch. A worse bunch of "actresses" would be hard to find!

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
(edited)

Bravo to 16 year old daughter Jayden.    The voice of reason in that family.    Why didn't the dad tell it like it really is to his kids...   "I want to be able to bang multiple women and have them worship me,  is that ok?   geesh"             🙄🙄x 1000

Edited by suev3333
Typo
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I felt terrible for Jayden.  She deserves so much better than Steve for a dad.  No parent should coerce their child to approve of and encourage their selfish and terrible behavior.  I hope those kids have a decent mom.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/5/2022 at 4:24 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Also it seems like when India started up with Marcus is up for debate.  Taryn's look when India was saying Marcus was single at the time they started dating did not seem to show agreement in the timeline.  I recall Taryn saying she found out Marcius was cheating with India prior to moving out.  Or was he just bedding anyone he could? 

I just found this show again and my lal folks. Like @Pepper Mostly. Gurl - we are reality tv soul mates. 
now on to this train wreck of slime and low self worth. I don’t like India, Brenda or Roberta’s tudes about all this. Girls. U didn’t get this sprung on u while u had a child or children with these fools. Yes the other women could have left these sorry excuses for men but y’all signed up WILLINGLY for this mess from the beginning. 
I personally think Taryn and Now FINALLY Danielle have figured this whole being hbic of this trash. Now if only they would leave these men or get a brother husband. 
I think the Nick Harem is just poly period and they all get down together. I fast forward the weird Manson family 2.0 couple. I find nothing entertaining about them and their 90 day fiancé storyline steal ain’t it. 

I have nothing against what grown folks do in their homes but this is plain old sexist men and the women letting them run amok because they are scared to be alone. And while Steve was the most attractive of a low bar the way he treated his daughter when she was rightfully giving him the business- he made that all about himself and HIS FEELINGS. He got Just as ugly as Nick, Ick and the Politican elf on a shelf with the beard.  All  of these women including Brenda can do better. Especially Jayden. Girl I pray Santa sends u a new daddy. 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, xwordfanatik said:

Ah, crap.  No Ick to make fun of this week.

Instead of asking Sidian if he has condoms, Tosha should ask herself if she has a brain.  Those two are creepy AF.

Is it just me, or do Boat Boy's kids sound like they have speech problems?  Good for Jayden that she told her horndog dad she was disgusted by his philandering.  

Sharing a bed with three other people?  Ew.

noticed that too with the captain’s kids. at first i thought maybe a hearing impairment in the one, but then i noticed they both sound alike. 

regional dialect or speech impediment for sure. 

• Like 1