Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Here Comes A Candle To Light You To Bed

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

With Little Nina still on the loose, I don't think running off to Marseille is a viable option.  She seems to have an international network so I'm sure a little continent hopping will not throw her off Frenchie's trail.

Except it's not the reason they stayed. Fenchie said 'Butcher is everyone's problem now. We're here to help.' And frankly it doesn't matter what they do. Supes or Little Nina, they are screwed either way. So why not make your dream come true, even if it's an illusion or you always have to  look over your shoulder. Heck even if they leave and the boat or plane they are on gets taken out, at least they tried. I rather they die like that than just dying without even making an attempt. Sure both options (staying or going and dying) are nihilistic but at least they made a choice for themselves that was just about them. In the end though it doesn't matter, no happy endings on this show.

3 hours ago, Bergamot said:

I admit that sometimes I find Kripke's comments on his own shows to be less than helpful, shall we say (not always, but sometimes), and I would do better to just look at what the show itself is saying.

I adore Kripke but short twitter comments are just not enough. That's why I like this site. It allows for more layered discussion and commenting.

And I just think that once a show, book, etc. is out there, the author's interpretation isn't the only one valid anymore. And that's ok. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Frost said:

With Little Nina still on the loose, I don't think running off to Marseille is a viable option.  She seems to have an international network so I'm sure a little continent hopping will not throw her off Frenchie's trail.

Exactly. Being "mortal" and just the two of them on the run is the surest way to get both Frenchie and Kimiko killed. Best to get powered up and stay with a group until Little Nina is dealt with. I'm not sure I buy that Kimiko wanting her powers back is selfless since it will lead to her and the man she loves not being killed. Not saying it's selfish either. I'd go more with practical and inevitable. 

While she may think she's a monster with or without V, I don't know if the show thinks she's right about it. I'm hoping not. Even if V basically reflects who you are, it's only reflecting who other people forced her to be, not who she inherently is. She showed who she really was when she went against her programming and started fighting against Vaught, when she found a family with The Boys and actively protects them. She is, at heart, a good person who was raised/trained to be a weapon. 

My fear is that if anything happens to Frenchie that good person will die with him and Kimiko will then truly become the monster she fears she is. I pray that doesn't happen. I adore her and of every character on the show she is the one I most want to survive.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Something just dawned on me.

The Legend would not have been involved in setting up any of SB’s photo shoots at Normandy, or anywhere in WWII.  He would have to be near 95 or older!

So now I’m taking his statements with a grain of salt, because it’s obvious that SB has had some combat.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2