Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow's News Of Continuum Today (Delivered By Internet Instead Of By Cat)

Thank you both for posting.  I'm so happy to see it's coming back.  And I hope they have a marathon of past episodes before it starts as I've forgotten so much!

• Love 1

Yeah. I almost needed to see a marathon of Season 3 right after Season 3 ended, because it got so convoluted. But I'm pretty sure SyFy will do one right before the Season 4 premier. They always have in the past, anyway.

Showcase, on their blog, recently posted a casting announcement (April 8th), with a small hint of what's to come for the final season:

The group of Future Soldiers who have arrived to battle Keira Cameron (Rachel Nichols) and her team in the final season of Continuum will include Kyra Zagorsky (Helix, Soldiers of the Apocalypse), Michael Eklund (Bates Motel, Shattered), Ty Olsson (The 100, Nerds and Monsters), Aleks Paunovic (The 100, Arctic Air), Lisa Berry (Xlll: The Series, Nikita) and Garfield Wilson (Almost Human, Arrow).

Showcase’s Canadian original action-drama about a policewoman from 2077 who travels back in time to track down escaped Liber8 convicts from the future is currently in production. The six one-hour episode conclusion wraps in late May and premieres July 26, 2015 on Showcase.

Among the regular returning cast are Victor Webster (Castle, Melrose Place), Erik Knudsen (Jericho, Scream 4), Brian Markinson (Mad Men, Arctic Air), Stephen Lobo (Arctic Air, Smallville), Roger Cross (Motive, Arrow), Omari Newton (Blue Mountain State, Sophie), Luvia Petersen (The L Word), Terry Chen (Bates Motel, Combat Hospital) and William B. Davis (X-Files).

• Love 3

Do you know why they did that?

Afraid not.  But, I'm (wildly) guessing it's some combination of (1) they had an open slot in their fall schedule, (2) they wanted more viewers, so they could get more money from ad buys, and possibly (3) to closer align with Syfy's airings.

Afraid not.  But, I'm (wildly) guessing it's some combination of (1) they had an open slot in their fall schedule, (2) they wanted more viewers, so they could get more money from ad buys, and possibly (3) to closer align with Syfy's airings.

So not July. SyFy is saying "Fall." I clicked the "set reminder," so now it says on my iPad calendar on July 1

Continuum Coming Soon

This is a placeholder event. Your calendar will be automatically updated when premiere date is released.

• Love 1

So is it coming to SyFy first (which, after reading shapeshifter's post, looks like it) or are they going to air it side by side in the fall?

July 1 seems like a date by which SyFy might know when in the Fall it is airing. My guess is they will be airing within a week of each other. Sometimes holidays throw things off a bit, like the Canadian Thanksgiving happening before the US one.
  • Love 1

July 1 seems like a date by which SyFy might know when in the Fall it is airing. My guess is they will be airing within a week of each other. Sometimes holidays throw things off a bit, like the Canadian Thanksgiving happening before the US one.

Thanks

July that is really coming up. I hope that is when it airs, or is that when they start filming?

They've been filming. They may already be done.

• Love 1
(edited)

Huh...

Television series Continuum was awarded The Special Recognition Award for bringing quality entertainment to television through its superlative acting, spirited direction, and compelling writing.

The 41st Annual Saturn Awards Winners 2015
http://www.saturnawards.org/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Thank you both for posting.  I'm so happy to see it's coming back.  And I hope they have a marathon of past episodes before it starts as I've forgotten so much!

Sorry for quoting a post from months ago but I just ran across a reference to the date the show would be back.  (Yay!) 

It would be great if someone posted a list of must watch episodes from all seasons, just to get back into the Continuum frame of mind. I know I need a refresher.

(edited)

I was on Reddit ( https://www.reddit.com/r/TheContinuum/) reading through some posts from last month and saw the tweet from Simon Barry (it's linked in a post above) and then there was another post that linked through to the press release here:

Note:  this is Canada - not sure when SyFy is showing it. 

http://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442462360

Brand new seasons of returning series on Showcase this fall include: Continuum (September 4), Lost Girl (September 6),  and Haven (October).
Edited by tessaray
  • Love 2

This right here explains the one question I had about Kaire's timeline:

2060s
Cascadia declares itself an independent nation with Vancouver as its capital. The corporate government establishes a Republic.
Citizenchips become mandatory for all people.
Drugs in the food and strictly limited water supply keep people docile and controllable.
Massive die-offs of starving populations reduce strain on the Eco structure, allowing for limited recovery of the natural landscape around Cascadia, minus permanently denuded areas and hundreds of extinct species.
Global Corporate Congress created

So according to this, part of Canada and part of the US seceded and formed the Corporate Government together (and I don't remember this being actually explained, per say, in the show, but still half decent). In my opinion, it kind of makes me feel better that at least my area didn't become part of the Corporate Government. 

• Love 1

Continuum's Final Season Gets Syfy Premiere Date — Watch the Trailer

We now know when the beginning of Continuum‘s end will air on Syfy.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Canadian-produced sci-fi drama will kick off its fourth and final, six-episode season on Friday, Sept. 11 at 11/10c.

As such, the Rachel Nichols starrer will run only a week behind its airings in Canada, which launch Sept. 4 on Showcase.

In the series’ farewell run, Kiera (played by Nichols) and the mysterious time traveler Brad Tonkin (Ryan Robbins, Falling Skies) must battle the Future Soldiers who arrived in a flash of light in the closing moments of Season 3. Meanwhile, Kiera’s alliance with the remaining members of Liber8 challenges her relationship with both Carlos (Victor Webster) and Alec (Erik Knudsen).

As things wind down, Kiera must also face off against Kellog (Stephen Lobo), who is using every option available to become the ruler of a dark future built in his image.

• Love 5

Less than a month to go... have there been any spoilers at all about how they wrap up the series?  

As long as they don't go the Blakes 7 route, I'm good.  I think.  I would have preferred Kiera getting to see Sam again but not sure how they could ever pull that off at this point. ETA:  Pull it off and have it make sense, that is. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

Less than a month to go... have there been any spoilers at all about how they wrap up the series?  

As long as they don't go the Blakes 7 route, I'm good.  I think.  I would have preferred Kiera getting to see Sam again but not sure how they could ever pull that off at this point. ETA:  Pull it off and have it make sense, that is. 

Once I remember seeing a commercial on SyFy advertising the last season (and here it is below), but that it's. Personally, I kind of enjoy not being spoiled (most of the time). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZGcL8dXUKc

• Love 1
I would have preferred Kiera getting to see Sam again but not sure how they could ever pull that off at this point. ETA:  Pull it off and have it make sense, that is.

They need to have some kind of reunion ending for them, right? Even if it's only a brief visit in a changed future. Her marriage is toast, though.

Now that Kiera's been radicalized against the corporations, I think the show will have her side prevail against them. I know nothing, but I just don't see the entire series ending with our heroine in misery or a failure.

• Love 2

I know nothing, but I just don't see the entire series ending with our heroine in misery or a failure.

Me neither, but I don't see a completely happy ending either. So I guess it would be something like she does see her son, but he's an adult. Or she sees him not much older, but the world is pretty much toast. She just has one of those faces that wants to convey tragedy, if you know what I mean.
  • Love 2

It looks like those of you in Canada can watch the first episode on Showcase's YouTube channel.

It seems to have leaked onto U.S. YouTube, I just came across it. It's only at 2/3s the screen size and it's slightly sped up so that everybody sounds like they've been huffing helium but the whole ep is there.

So I just checked my dvr, syfy premiere appears to be next Friday at 11pm. Sort of an awfully late time for first run new season premiere. :(. I'm hoping the guide is wrong. I also don't see any kind of marathon or opportunity to re watch the last few episodes of season 3 currently in the guide except at 5 am on Friday they are showing episode 13 of season 3. This doesn't seem like auspicious scheduling.

So I just checked my dvr, syfy premiere appears to be next Friday at 11pm. Sort of an awfully late time for first run new season premiere. :(. I'm hoping the guide is wrong. I also don't see any kind of marathon or opportunity to re watch the last few episodes of season 3 currently in the guide except at 5 am on Friday they are showing episode 13 of season 3. This doesn't seem like auspicious scheduling.

If you have Netflix you can stream Seasons 1-3. As with the advertisement, I do think that it does start that late because they were in negotiations for some time before they decided to have a (half) of a season. This is going to be the end of the show, by episode 6. 

Looking through the thread, it appears that Richard Harmon won't be back. This is bad news, since Julian is deep at the heart of the political issues and also a a different perspective on Alec. I couldn't stand The Hundred, but as I understand it his Murphy is just a recurring, if he hasn't been killed off completely. 

Looking through the thread, it appears that Richard Harmon won't be back. This is bad news, since Julian is deep at the heart of the political issues and also a a different perspective on Alec. I couldn't stand The Hundred, but as I understand it his Murphy is just a recurring, if he hasn't been killed off completely.

I believe The 100 added Richard Harmon as a regular for the new season. And he is back on Continuum this season, according to imdb.

He's in the season premiere that's been kicking around youtube, I saw him in it.

• Love 1

If you have Netflix you can stream Seasons 1-3. As with the advertisement, I do think that it does start that late because they were in negotiations for some time before they decided to have a (half) of a season. This is going to be the end of the show, by episode 6.

I actually meant starting that late at night. 11 pm isn't really prime viewing hour. ;) Yes I was aware of the last season, late renewal stuff. Edited by ljp
  • Love 1

I actually meant starting that late at night. 11 pm isn't really prime viewing hour. ;) Yes I was aware of the last season, late renewal stuff.

Yeah, I wondered why it was airing so late as well. It was on at 10pm ET last year. I guess SyFy figures it's the last season, only six episodes… stick it wherever.

I believe The 100 added Richard Harmon as a regular for the new season. And he is back on Continuum this season, according to imdb.

He's in the season premiere that's been kicking around youtube, I saw him in it.

Thanks for the correction.