Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't believe that fans have been clamoring for Dorinda's return. On Dorinda's last reunion with housewives she was skewered by production. She was shown over and over as an out of control crazy drunk. Andy looked like he was done with her. She did herself no favors on this show and especialy on WWHL the other night. She demanded that Andy say she was paused and that Vickie was fired. She is lobbying hard to get back on housewives.  I do not think he appreciated the way she was speaking to him. 

Dorinda has not changed at all. She is still full of anger and bitterness. Like another poster said Dorinda is a mean woman and alcohol does not cause her anger but fuels it.  She derives satisfaction from mistreating others and this for some reason makes her feel a little better about herself.   

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't believe that fans have been clamoring for Dorinda's return. On Dorinda's last reunion with housewives she was skewered by production. She was shown over and over as an out of control crazy drunk. Andy looked like he was done with her. She did herself no favors on this show and especialy on WWHL the other night. She demanded that Andy say she was paused and that Vickie was fired. She is lobbying hard to get back on housewives.  I do not think he appreciated the way she was speaking to him. 

While I agree with you on Dorinda, there were many people upset with the decision & hoping she'd be brought back on social media. Heck there were memes made about it, especially during the last disastrous season of RHONY.  I definitely was was not one of them, I've never been a fan of her behavior and if anything, it's only getting worse. 

I also believe Jill's version of their friendship. Dorinda lacks empathy, and she often seems incapable of understanding/accepting anyone else's point of view except her own. This was on display in full this episode, especially when she carried on about how she's a widow in front of Jill.  For timeline's sake, Jill lost her husband Bobby in 2018, they'd been married for over 20 years.  Dorinda's husband Richard died in 2011, they'd been married 5 years, 

Dorinda never should've been allowed to host, it just exacerbated her already controlling behavior. 

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I don't believe that fans have been clamoring for Dorinda's return.

I keep seeing them on Twitter though.  I hope you are right and they are just the minority.  I really do hope.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

While I agree with you on Dorinda, there were many people upset with the decision & hoping she'd be brought back on social media. Heck there were memes made about it, especially during the last disastrous season of RHONY.  I definitely was was not one of them, I've never been a fan of her behavior and if anything, it's only getting worse. 

I see this stuff too.  It's horrible.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

I also believe Jill's version of their friendship. Dorinda lacks empathy, and she often seems incapable of understanding/accepting anyone else's point of view except her own. This was on display in full this episode, especially when she carried on about how she's a widow in front of Jill.  For timeline's sake, Jill lost her husband Bobby in 2018, they'd been married for over 20 years.  Dorinda's husband Richard died in 2011, they'd been married 5 years, 

Good point.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

She acts like a mob wife

I can't say how exactly how she views herself but I'm pretty sure it is nothing like she has actually demonstrated while on camera. 

Most (probably all) Real Housewives have a pretty strong ego and opinion of themselves.  Dorinda though seems to be at the top of the heap in terms of delusional grandeur.  She seems to fancy herself as an outstanding hostess yet her behavior goes more toward making her guests uncomfortable. Her social manners are lacking. She can't hold her liquor well.  She insists whatever she thinks is the right and only way without taking anyone else's points of view into consideration and behaves like a tyrant. Piggybacking off that, she cannot accept that everyone does not enjoy the same things as herself, the "magical" Blue Stone Manor itself a prime example.  She is nasty,  dismissive and more full of herself in a way that few other Real Housewives equal.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Taking a break from talking about Dorinda (it’s seriously all I’m seeing on reddit, FB groups, articles…I can’t anymore. She’s atrocious but there are other nutcases to talk about)

Interesting observation about Jill- when she “innocently” asked Eva if she can be on her radio show, it reminded me of how the mess with Bethany started. Bethany was immensely popular after RHONY’s first couple of seasons and was asked to go on the Today show (at least, I think it was Today). Jill flipped out and weaseled her way in and I believe she tried on other occasions too. She kept saying that they were a pair and she was also incredibly jealous, not understanding why she wasn’t invited to go on these shows but B was. That started the animosity between them.

Jill saw an opportunity with Eva, she couldn’t help herself. Why would Eva want her on the show? Would her listeners even know who the hell Jill Zarin is?

When Brandi said that Jill was the thirstiest and most desperate hw to want to return to their show on WWHL the other day, I initially thought she was way off, because that’s clearly Vicki, but now that I think about it, I don’t think Brandi is wrong about Jill.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

When Brandi said that Jill was the thirstiest and most desperate hw to want to return to their show on WWHL the other day, I initially thought she was way off, because that’s clearly Vicki, but now that I think about it, I don’t think Brandi is wrong about Jill.

When Jill said that Dorinda told her "we can talk once the season's over" (i. e. filming ends) Jill took it as a brush-off. But I got the impression Dorinda thought Jill would otherwise pressure her to get on the show while filming was going on. I can just hear Jill saying "I heard about your fundraiser for XYZ. I'd love to go and would bring all my friends too." Maybe Dorinda didn't want to deal with Jill's nudges during filming.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

When Jill said that Dorinda told her "we can talk once the season's over" (i. e. filming ends) Jill took it as a brush-off. But I got the impression Dorinda thought Jill would otherwise pressure her to get on the show while filming was going on. I can just hear Jill saying "I heard about your fundraiser for XYZ. I'd love to go and would bring all my friends too." Maybe Dorinda didn't want to deal with Jill's nudges during filming.

I completely agree. Jill is that person who expects others to be forever in her debt. She may do something nice to be nice, but you can never forget it and will always “owe” her. That’s what happened with Bethany and I am sure that’s the situation with Dorinda. She brought up Dorinda being on season 4 with her twice. The first time was like minutes after she recreated Scary Island (“fun fact… did you know…”). Why would anyone there find that interesting or would care that Dorinda was on season 4? They didn’t even know who Jill was and was confused when she showed up. She made it a point to make a big statement on camera- Dorinda, if it wasn’t for me, you would never have been on RHONY. Secondly, Dorinda was an extra/ seat filler in that season; blink and you’ll miss her.

Sober Dorinda is savvy and street smart. She’s always had Jill’s number. I am not sure if I missed her saying if she did get a call when filming wrapped; but regardless, Jill always has an agenda.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Dorinda drunk or sober isn’t just ‘nuts’… that sounds like a cute description of my husband’s Aunty who is a bit batty but still loveable and kind. Dorinda is way darker than that and has become an incredibly nasty person. It’s quite disturbing to watch.

It’s one thing to remind your guest/s that you prefer them to not have food in their bedrooms (despite the fact you left them cupcakes on their beds) but it’s entirely a different matter to yell at them for a period of minutes, banging on about it over and over. Why was she singling out just Tamra for this tirade anyway? Then to mock her for crying? Disgusting. I’m not always going to believe any Howife tears, but it seemed genuine to me. Tamra seemed to reel from the aggressive tirade she had been subjected to.

The same goes for chasing a distressed guest as you continue to verbally attack them… as they try to get away from your drunken meanness. Disgusting.

As to Dorinda’s attempts to return to RHoNY, I can only imagine the current Howives would refuse to film with her after this particular RH iteration. 

On another note, because hell knows WE NEED ONE (!), the burlesque dancer looked like fun and was a good sport joining in with Brandi and Tamra’s antics.

A second note: I was feeling sorry for Vicki at the dinner when she was upset about having to face her ‘new chapter’ in life… until I remembered she’s a cancer scammer. That will always short circuit any positive feelings I have towards her. 

Third note: Jill always has to be such a humble bragger! After the dinner and they are getting into comfy attire, she comes skipping in telling everyone she’s wearing Ralph Lauren, and that she’s wearing cashmere. [eye roll]

Last note: Brandi should keep a long pole with her at all times to keep any camera people as far away from her face as possible! When she was putting her makeup on before the dinner, it looked like she had a mask on her face 😳

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

It’s one thing to remind your guest/s that you prefer them to not have food in their bedrooms

I think Dorinda was triggered about food in the bedroom because seasons ago Tinsley had eaten a plate of spaghetti in her bedroom at BSM and gotten a speck of sauce on the sheets and Dorinda was pissed...also, don't put a box of cupcakes with your guests faces on them in the bedrooms if you don't want food in the bedroom...I know I never do!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

It’s one thing to remind your guest/s that you prefer them to not have food in their bedrooms (despite the fact you left them cupcakes on their beds) but it’s entirely a different matter to yell at them for a period of minutes, banging on about it over and over. Why was she singling out just Tamra for this tirade anyway? Then to mock her for crying? Disgusting. I’m not always going to believe any Howife tears, but it seemed genuine to me. Tamra seemed to reel from the aggressive tirade she had been subjected to.

The same goes for chasing a distressed guest as you continue to verbally attack them… as they try to get away from your drunken meanness. Disgusting.

Yep. When people are in your home, particularly if they are staying over, they are in your power. Okay none of these women are going to be undemanding guests but HOLY SHIT Dorinda is acting like the governor of a high security prison ''NO FOOD IN THE CELLS!'' Chasing people as they cry into their rooms... she should be ashamed. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 15

When I have guests in my home, I always think of a scene in To Kill A Mockingbird when young Walter comes back with Scout and Jem to have supper. They are having roast and he asks for syrup to pour on. When Scout sees this she makes a cutting remark that makes Walter cry. The housekeeper, Calpurnia, pulls Scout away from the table, into the kitchen, and tells her “That boy is a guest in your house. If he wants to eat the tablecloth he can. And without you remarking.” 
Barring truly outrageous shenanigans that do need to be stopped, that’s how guests should be treated. You invite people into your home, you make them feel welcomed and comfortable. You don’t berate and gaslight them over “your rules”. Dorinda is afraid of mice infesting the house? Believe me, the combined screeching of these women and the alcohol fumes will keep all mice away. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

When I have guests in my home, I always think of a scene in To Kill A Mockingbird when young Walter comes back with Scout and Jem to have supper. They are having roast and he asks for syrup to pour on. When Scout sees this she makes a cutting remark that makes Walter cry. The housekeeper, Calpurnia, pulls Scout away from the table, into the kitchen, and tells her “That boy is a guest in your house. If he wants to eat the tablecloth he can. And without you remarking.” 
Barring truly outrageous shenanigans that do need to be stopped, that’s how guests should be treated. You invite people into your home, you make them feel welcomed and comfortable. You don’t berate and gaslight them over “your rules”. Dorinda is afraid of mice infesting the house? Believe me, the combined screeching of these women and the alcohol fumes will keep all mice away. 

The girls are there what 8 days and she has help all over that house how long did she think food would be setting out to attract mice? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The girls are there what 8 days and she has help all over that house how long did she think food would be setting out to attract mice? 

Exactly! Plus the cupcakes she left on each of the beds weren’t the kind that attract mice?! 🐭

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 7/2/2022 at 10:47 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

Brandi was right when she characterized the more freshly fired HWs as more sensitive and thirsty too. Girl is a hot mess but she knows HW dethroned syndrome.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 7/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, ichbin said:

Jill can be a lot at times, but she can also be correct.  I have a feeling her assessment of Dorinda missing being Mrs. Medley is probably on the money.  Let's face it, the chances of her landing in a relationship with someone exposing her to a similar world at this point is probably slim to nothing.

Interestingly enough, this week all official clips from The Wendy Williams Show have been deleted on YouTube. That said, I distinctly remember when Dorinda was a guest while being a popular RHONY cast member. She told Wendy that she had lived her life as a single mom, then as Mrs. Medley, and now trying to figure out who she is as Dorinda. I think being fired from RHONY (and losing her cushy apartment as a result — she was getting her rent free for product placement) led to another identity crisis for her. 

Dorinda reminds me of a quote that the late Eddie Guerrero gave about the late Chyna, as they were a duo in professional wrestling and her attitude toward him seemed to change out of nowhere: “She was mad at the world and I was the world.” 

Tamra is not exactly the symbol of composure and she has said some really nasty things to fellow castmembers on her show. But the hurt on her face after Dorinda’s tirade made me think she was flashing back to a time being screamed at either during childhood or an abusive relationship. 

It isn’t wrong, per se, to suggest that Dorinda flies off the handles, yells at you, and then is over it. Hell, I used to be that way and it damaged friendships of mine (I once did this — on a girls trip but with gays but same sentiment — and made my best friend cry on his birthday!) But most people do not communicate this way because it isn’t very healthy, and that shouldn’t be dismissed as just as an East Coast thing. 

And only because she pissed me off with her behavior this episode that I will now divulge that Dorinda’s management has been trying for years to make “DoRobics” a thing (even before LuAnn’s cabaret act took off) because my friend is a major talent promoter and got pitched for it YEARS ago and asked me about it and thought it was a strange idea. FWIW, I don’t believe she ever did a DoRobics show on tour in any capacity. But, y’know, let’s hear it for Jovani.

4 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:
Edited by JakeyJokes
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I didn’t mind Dorinda breaking down the lobsters so much.  Seriously, haven’t these women ever had a whole lobster before, but the licking the fingers, UGH!

I guess if those women saw us Marylanders eating crabs they would pass out!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

to each question she said that she did not regret it and tried to justify it

She's said before that she doesn't regret anything she says. This is an incredibly unappealing trait, IMO. Most people respect the ability to self-reflect and offer a (genuine) apology or an admission of regret. How boring to have to be right, and above fault, ALL THE TIME. I have had family members like that and it's exhausting to be around. I mean, even RAMONA seems capable of having the occasional bout of self-awareness.

Having this season at BSM was a complete misfire - with Turks and Caicos, everyone was on an even playing field, no one had the home court advantage. Having Dorinda basically in control of the agenda is no fun.

• Like 2
  • Love 14
On 7/2/2022 at 7:47 AM, snarts said:

Eva lost some points with me this episode. First with the cigarette smoking and then with her defense of Dorinda's behavior towards Tamra when she wasn't there to see/hear it.

I was shocked to actually feel bad for Tamra but Dorinda was way out of line. While I used to think it was the drinking that brought out all the anger, I now see that the drinking only magnifies it. Completely sober, she is an angry, controlling, unhappy woman who derives joy in making others feel bad/less than/etc.

I saw a twitter post that surmised that the reason Dorinda was invited and allowed to host was so everyone could see exactly why she was removed from RHONY and stop clamoring for her to return.  Yep.

She's smoking joints

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I guess if those women saw us Marylanders eating crabs they would pass out!

Yum. Old Bay spiced Maryland crabs. Best in the world

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mother of Odin said:

She's smoking joints

Eva was smoking cigarettes, Marlboro Greens to be exact (they showed the blurred out package) She may also have bought some pre-rolls from the dispensary but they've shown her smoking cigarettes on the patio more than once now. 

On season one, each of the cast got a day to plan activities/meals/etc. I miss that., along with the Turks & Caicos setting. Instead, Dorinda's ruling Bluestone Manor like a warden. She is not making it nice.

• Love 10
On 7/3/2022 at 10:03 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Exactly! Plus the cupcakes she left on each of the beds weren’t the kind that attract mice?! 🐭

Why leave cupcakes in the bedrooms at all if eating there is forbidden!  Is that a test? A set-up? WTF.

2 hours ago, archer1267 said:

She's said before that she doesn't regret anything she says. This is an incredibly unappealing trait, IMO. Most people respect the ability to self-reflect and offer a (genuine) apology or an admission of regret. How boring to have to be right, and above fault, ALL THE TIME. I have had family members like that and it's exhausting to be around. I mean, even RAMONA seems capable of having the occasional bout of self-awareness.

The main thing is that it doesn't seem like an act or a character being performed for the cameras.  She really seems to be the person she is displaying. It is really apparent when she is being interviewed when she seems very full of herself.  I could never understand all the positive comments in regard to her on RHoNY, particularly toward the end.  I think a lot of people blamed any poor behavior solely on the alcohol consumption. In my opinion that only brings out something more that is always there.

9 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

And only because she pissed me off with her behavior this episode that I will now divulge that Dorinda’s management has been trying for years to make “DoRobics” a thing (even before LuAnn’s cabaret act took off) because my friend is a major talent promoter and got pitched for it YEARS ago and asked me about it and thought it was a strange idea. FWIW, I don’t believe she ever did a DoRobics show on tour in any capacity. But, y’know, let’s hear it for Jovani.

This doesn't surprise me in the least!  There was probably an uptick in pitches coinciding with RHUGT. The funniest thing about it is watching her lead a session.  It looks like it's geared toward groups in retirement communities.  Yeah, I don't think there is much of a market for what she is displaying.  

On 7/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

I wonder if she is planning to do an airbnb opportunity again and if this is part of the marketing?  Oh, and then there is the control freak aspect too.  

Not for anything, BSM doesn't seem very impressive in comparison to other examples of Stanford White's work, both inside and out, and throwing in her taste level in decorating is the not so very juicy cherry on top of that cake.

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Buckle your seatbelts because apparently Dorinda behaves even worse. I happened to catch er show on Sirius last week and she said she was fine for the first few days but as time went on she  started getting upset with what all was going on in her home.  She does sound reasonable when discussing her rules of the house and why she has them.  According to her, she does all of the cleaning when guests leave.  Don't know if I believe it but that's what she said.

If I remember correctly, she did not like Vicki so I think we will see fireworks there.

I don't understand why they decided to have an " Ultimate" trip there. It would he fine for a weekend but not a week. There just is not enough to do.

I couldn't believe that some of these so-called sophisticated women never heard of a clam bake!

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had a dream I was at BSM and Dorinda was not making it nice for me, I felt panicked and had to look thru a bunch of paperwork but had no idea why and no idea what I was looking for...it had been suggested by @SweetieDarling I was shuffling thru the Morgan Papers but I dunno.

D31l4-iU0AAaHsM.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Dorinda is insane. The fact that she never believes she’s wrong or says a genuine apology makes it worse. When I am liking Vicki more then you in an episode something is wrong. Tamra actually did seem hurt too. Tamra and Vicki were kind of cracking me up when they were in the room during aerobics.

Dorinda’s late husband must’ve been a closet drunk or maybe he hid her away in bluestone manor while he did important stuff lol.

It made me laugh when Vicki pointed out the fake mouse in the kitchen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Marley said:

Dorinda’s late husband must’ve been a closet drunk or maybe he hid her away in bluestone manor while he did important stuff lol.

It is hard to believe they were only married 6 years when he died.  Dorinda spent more time dating John than married to Richard.

Richard died of liver failure, which can be caused by a number of things, including alcohol.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, snarts said:

Eva was smoking cigarettes, Marlboro Greens to be exact (they showed the blurred out package) She may also have bought some pre-rolls from the dispensary but they've shown her smoking cigarettes on the patio more than once now. 

On season one, each of the cast got a day to plan activities/meals/etc. I miss that., along with the Turks & Caicos setting. Instead, Dorinda's ruling Bluestone Manor like a warden. She is not making it nice.

I think they were too long to be marlboro green. Maybe a 120 of Virginia slims or benson hedges. 

• Useful 1
On 6/30/2022 at 11:03 PM, funnygirl said:

Why production thought it'd be a good idea to have season 2 held at one of the women's homes, I'll never know.

Money. This was a very cheap show to produce. No hotel room $$$, no fancy excursions. Just Dorinda's ugly Bluestone Manor. There, I said it. Ugly. I hate all of her decor. Wallpaper, furniture, window draperies, all of it and I don't care how expensive it all was and what interior designer she had to pay. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

Dorinda doesn't look like she's actually done aerobics in the last 20 years much.

And wow, Brandi without any makeup on looks so horrible.  Her skin looks so bad and to me, she looks the oldest out of all of them -- including Vicki.  And Vicki and Tamra without foundation on also look odd.  I'm convinced that if you have fillers in your face, you only look good with makeup on.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 7/1/2022 at 10:25 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

It wasn't Richard, it was her first husband.  The character of Susan Sharon on Sex and the City is based on her.

Oh - Mr. Lynch, Hannah's father.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, ichbin said:

I daresay worse! I hope this wasn't a calculated move on her part to make herself seem more interesting and needed back as a regular on whatever happens with RHoNY.  She's making herself seem more unhinged than in her last season. Does she have a particular issue with trim, attractive blondes?  I wonder because Tamra and Tinsley are somewhat similar in looks.

When the cameras close in on Brandi's face...whatever she has had done resulted in turning her into a Madame puppet/Jocelyn Wildenstein hybrid.  She is like an obnoxious child.  On a show where most of the cast proudly wears their designer fashions it was startling to see her wearing that plaid bodysuit with woefully mismatched seams which screamed cheap.  Does she really think that hyping booze and sex makes her interesting?  She's the human embodiment of an insect buzzing around.  

The best bit of casting for this season was Phaedra and Eva. Imagine how it would have been without them and only the remaining cast.

Jill can be a lot at times, but she can also be correct.  I have a feeling her assessment of Dorinda missing being Mrs. Medley is probably on the money.  Let's face it, the chances of her landing in a relationship with someone exposing her to a similar world at this point is probably slim to nothing.

The best bit of casting for this season was Phaedra and Eva. Imagine how it would have been without them and only the remaining cast.

I never watched Atlanta, but I have to say I'm really enjoying Phaedra and Eva, and completely agree that the show would have been pretty much a bust without those two fun ladies.  Their THs were what kept me coming back.

LOL if Dorinda thinks she's ever going to have a man in her life ever again.  Unless she's paying big money to keep him, that is.  But I'm thinking she can't afford that anyway if she's having to hire out Bluestone Manor like it's an Airbnb.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 7/1/2022 at 2:57 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

It is the crater across the bridge of her nose that puzzles me.  Remember seasons ago when all the BH HW's went to Hawaii and Brandi wore a micro bikini to the beach, it was dental floss and a handkerchief sort of thing, she looked a model now she looks like she was ridden hard and put away wet. She is getting quite a gut too. I can say those things about her because you know, I am perfect, lol.

Tamra is aging too but she does still have a good butt.

Vicki has always had a hard time with her face, putting more stuff in it just does not help at all, Jill got it right with her doctor though.

Do we think Dorinda watches herself on the show? Is so she has got to see what we all see and hear, the slurred speech, the nastiness towards her guests, maybe her daughter watches it and can tell her how she comes across.  Andy has her on permanent pause, no way she could clip, clip, clip herself back on the show.

Ha!  Hannah probably knows better than anyone that it's useless to try to talk to Dorinda about anything.  Dorinda knows all, and if you question her, she'll never shut up telling you all about it.

• Love 6
On 7/2/2022 at 5:31 AM, 65mickey said:

Dorinda has not changed at all. She is still full of anger and bitterness. Like another poster said Dorinda is a mean woman and alcohol does not cause her anger but fuels it.  She derives satisfaction from mistreating others and this for some reason makes her feel a little better about herself.   

There's a word for that - sadist.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/4/2022 at 9:32 AM, Emmeline said:

I didn’t mind Dorinda breaking down the lobsters so much.  Seriously, haven’t these women ever had a whole lobster before, but the licking the fingers, UGH!

092830C2-E75A-4E55-99EA-C003A50F07E7.jpeg

Personally I lost my appetite for lobster after seeing Dorinda's gross display -- plus the licking of her fingers while doing it -- UGH!!

Some folks don't realize that it's the New England lobsters that need all that pulling apart to get to the meat in the claws.  But Pacific lobsters are all tail.  They don't have claws, and all that ripping and tearing and licking is unnecessary to eat them.  Just run a blade down the middle of the tail and all that beautiful tail meat pulls right out.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Personally I lost my appetite for lobster after seeing Dorinda's gross display -- plus the licking of her fingers while doing it -- UGH!!

Some folks don't realize that it's the New England lobsters that need all that pulling apart to get to the meat in the claws.  But Pacific lobsters are all tail.  They don't have claws, and all that ripping and tearing and licking is unnecessary to eat them.  Just run a blade down the middle of the tail and all that beautiful tail meat pulls right out.

I was sort of rooting for one of the women to eat the lobster in their bed, tearing in to it like Dorinda, that would have made good TV, lol.

See that lobster scene was crying out for Ramona and Sonja, Ro would have been putting them in a bag for later and Sonja would be eating as much lobster as she could because it is expensive and she does not spend big on food or hot water at her house, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 7/6/2022 at 1:08 AM, Marley said:

I have always wondered about Dorinda’s relationship with Richard.  Dorinda never spoke about his illness but I’ve read this:

“As reported by Bloomberg at the time, Richard's illness was mercifully short-lived. He passed away from liver failure at the age of 60, but Medley has remained tight-lipped about the particulars of his illness.”

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 7/5/2022 at 5:08 PM, MsMalin said:

I don't understand why they decided to have an " Ultimate" trip there. It would he fine for a weekend but not a week. There just is not enough to do.

I couldn't believe that some of these so-called sophisticated women never heard of a clam bake!

This was filmed in September 2021, and I wonder if they chose format because of COVID; everyone in the same space and not involving too many other people is safer. There was a big spike at the end of last summer (hi, Vicki!); we went to Chicago at the end of August and they went back to mandating masks at restaurants on the day we got there! All the service people we see the ladies interact with have masks on, and I also think this is why they had lunch in the alley outside at the last restaurant (outdoor seating = safer, no mask requirement).

• Useful 3
(edited)

I always pretty much liked Dorinda until her last season where she was so strangely obsessed and angry with Tinsley.   She is even worse than that season now.  It’s sad to see.  She comes off as an overt narcissist.

I know the ladies said they loved the Dorobics but it looked stupid to me.  But I could be biased because I hated aerobics.

Vicki and Tamera were funny after Dorindas meltdown.  “Oh shit, there are still cupcakes in here!  Marco! Please get them out of here!  - Jill!  You have shoes on upstairs!  The horror!   -  Oh my gosh there’s a leaf on the floor!  Run!”

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
Meant to type overt, not covert
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I always pretty much liked Dorinda until her last season where she was so strangely obsessed and angry with Tinsley.   She is even worse than that season now.  It’s sad to see.  She comes off as a covert narcissist.

I know the ladies said they loved the Dorobics but it looked stupid to me.  But I could be biased because I hated aerobics.

Vicki and Tamera were funny after Dorindas meltdown.  “Oh shit, there are still cupcakes in here!  Marco! Please get them out of here!  - Jill!  You have shoes on upstairs!  The horror!   -  Oh my gosh there’s a leaf on the floor!  Run!”

Living in her house would be like living in a museum.. how could you ever just feel comfortable and relaxed? Good God it would be a nightmare 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 6/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Dorinda has done the impossible...made me feel bad for Tamra..and Jill to a lesser extent.  She needs to stay on positive pause.

Agree! I never thought I'd sympathize with Tamra. I even felt bad for Vicki! 

And Dorinda's slurring.... gosh. Her drunkenness rivals Brandi's. 

I have a feeling her "pause" is going to last awhile. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9