Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Persons of Interest

• Start Topic

(edited)
52 minutes ago, GaT said:

Is her aunt dead? I thought she was just off someplace else traveling.

I don't think the aunt is dead. In season 1, Mabel said she lived with her aunt at the Arconia during school breaks and was currently renovating the apartment for her aunt. It's a weird situation, though... The apartment has been partially demo'd but we never see crews there (unless Mabel is secretly a licensed contractor and pulls her own permits?), and the aunt hasn't even come back to her own apartment (yet?) after a murder happened there, as of this episode. I can't tell if it's a handwave or tucked away as a possible future plot point.

Edited by dovegrey
didn't realize this was 2x1 - changed some wording
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
54 minutes ago, dovegrey said:

I don't think the aunt is dead. In season 1, Mabel said she lived with her aunt at the Arconia during school breaks and was currently renovating the apartment for her aunt. It's a weird situation, though... The apartment has been partially demo'd but we never see crews there (unless Mabel is secretly a licensed contractor and pulls her own permits?), and the aunt hasn't even come back to her own apartment (yet?) after a murder happened there, as of this episode. I can't tell if it's a handwave or tucked away as a possible future plot point.

I don't think much time has passed between seasons on the show, right? Less than a year since Tim Kono's murder?

Note: I may be really wrong. 

Edited by shapeshifter
13 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I don't think much time has passed between seasons on the show, right? Less than a year since Tim Kono's murder?

Note: I may be really wrong. 

1x1 indicated that Bunny's murder happened 2 months after Tim's murder, but, IIRC, the season 1 timeline (established with newspaper dates and cell phone lock screens around the time the Dimases were arrested) indicated it was less than that. So, it's really only been 1.5-2 months since Tim died.

Spoiler

2x3 established that the season 2 is set in March 2021. A date was shown. There hasn't been a time jump.

I still think it's weird that, aside from Mabel painting a mural, there's really been no sign of anything except old demolition at the apartment. I've done a full down-to-the-studs, knocking-walls-down renovation and had a house built, and, even during lulls in work, we're still walking the site with the contractor, meeting with inspectors, having people over for quotes (for the reno), etc. Maybe Mabel's lying about that, maybe the aunt ran out of money, or maybe Mabel's just not very good at it LOL. And I think it's weird that Mabel is left scrubbing blood but the apartment owner/family member isn't even mentioned; the police would have contacted her, pretty sure.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

Glad this show is back. Haven't decided if I like waiting a week between eps (this show) so it'll last longer or if I like binging (stranger things) so I don't hafta wait.

Not a fan of Amy Shumer but I thought it was funny when she said she shouldn't have opened her tiny little mouth. But I'm pretty sure she didn't write that line.

On 7/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, LuvMyShows said:

However, I don't think the actual handwriting itself looks similar, and the A and P are very different between the two notes.

The A's on the left are consistent-the crossbar slants up to right.  I think it is an artist's handwriting. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/28/2022 at 4:44 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Amy Schumer is another terrible addition to this show. She isn’t funny at all, just f-king annoying. A total downgrade from Sting.

I was left wondering why Amy Schumer was dressed so unlike herself. In real life, she's an everyday kinda girl. Here she was wearing a beret, a necktie, sunglasses, and a plaid flowy coat...almost like a painter.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:44 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why the blood stain in Mabel’s apartment is not cleaned by the crime scene cleaners? 

I thought this was weird too. And wouldn't the apartment be cordoned off because crime scene.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:24 PM, grandmabegum said:

From what I remember of the timeline Sting didn't leave that long ago. I guess they could have cleaned it out pretty quickly. 

Sting is still in the process of moving out. The movers were shown in the background carrying a box labeled "Sting's Rainsticks."

On 7/6/2022 at 8:08 AM, stewedsquash said:

They really do the subtle props here. I rewound to read the side of the box that was being taken off the 

Yes! I cannot multitask while watching this show because I'll miss a lot of the nuances. Sometimes I need to rewatch.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, Commando Cody said:

Amy Schumer was a big disappointment. Sting moved out. They should have hired someone more on par with Sting. 

I didn't think this show was coming back until the fall, but I was glad to see it. I wasn't sure I could stay awake for it, but somehow, I managed. 

I assume the art lady is going to be a gay thing.  She was giving off that vibe. 

I wonder if Sting's apartment is going to be a running gag with someone new moving in every season. 

Yeah, but WHO is on par with Sting? 

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

My take is that Mabel knows she will probably move out once construction is done, and is thus procrastinating? 

Why was Bunny in Mabel's apartment anyway? Was that established and I missed it? 

I don't mind Amy Schumer so much but I hope we're done with Michael Rappaport's cameo. 

• Like 1

I've been waiting for Halloween season.

Michael Rapaport was spot on casting but I thought they went waaay over the top with the cursing. Like they were just having too much fun saying all the bad words on streaming. 

YES. I love when characters know to ask for a lawyer. It's so contrived when they don't.

Interesting that Bunny was stabbed 8 times. That explains all the blood on Mabel (though I don't remember the body looking that gory). Also, the police didn't clean up the blood???

I'm not sure about the characterization of Mabel. Selena was very charismatic as a child actress. They need to let her be more fun as a deadpan snarker or else let her play more pathos (which she might not be capable of). The middle ground just makes the performance a little dull at times because she isn't really reacting that much to the deep trauma of finding Bunny stumbling towards her but she isn't getting to deliver the wisecracks like jokes.

I'm okay with Cara Delevingne so far. It is a little weird that was the only DM she picked out but the character seems fine. She was best one on one with Selena... not sure about her general acting but she has a flirty energy that worked for the character. And I do like the way they're letting Mabel navigate the social media notoriety and negative attention. The Amy Schumer cameo was a lot more annoying. So far it doesn't work nearly as well as Sting last season. Amy is sometimes very consciously "acting" in a way that's awkward to watch and isn't comedic. Pairing her with Martin Short was too much similar energy, though it made Oliver feel more subtle. 

Now Tina Fey... that was perfect. Especially with the Cinda clones.

The whole Brazzos reboot was very "write what you know" but I enjoyed it.

The bird with Bunny's voice is silly but I'm willing to see where it goes.

The secret elevator was fun. 

The bossa nova music choices worked perfectly.

I don't find the show consistently hilarious. A lot of the jokes don't hit. But I tend to like the little asides and quick jabs they've done a good job of casting actors who can work those little moments. There's usually a first joke and it's the second or third reaction that I actually find funny. Jackie Hoffman was an exception. Incredible delivery of every line.

• Like 2