Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/27/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Just be thankful you didn't get a clip of her masturbating.

Lord! Y'all remember when they had Prince on the show?

Sherri all googly eyes "I've wanted to make love to you all my life!"

Prince "On that note!" and proceeds to leave. 

• LOL 10
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I absolutely hate these predominantly cooking shows.  I was looking forward to seeing them discuss yesterday’s developments and instead we get this crap.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't even bother with today's show. The fucking world is burning down. I have no interest in that kind of fluff right now. I am NEVER interested in their cooking segments on this show.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Lord! Y'all remember when they had Prince on the show?

Sherri all googly eyes "I've wanted to make love to you all my life!"

Prince "On that note!" and proceeds to leave. 

Also-she asked if she could have his gloves. IIRC, he said "No". I recall Whoopi chastising her for that.   I am just glad when they kept showing Sherri rolling in the waves on the beach that they didn't make us watch her whole waxing her pubes video. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Also-she asked if she could have his gloves. IIRC, he said "No". I recall Whoopi chastising her for that.   I am just glad when they kept showing Sherri rolling in the waves on the beach that they didn't make us watch her whole waxing her pubes video. 

Yes that was so embarrassing to see.  Sherry yelling screaming and twisting her body as she was getting waxed to get a laugh was just too much.  I do like Sherry but if she could tone it down a bit she could be so much fun..

Her behavior with Prince was so inappropriate and then some.  Why Sherry why?  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Yes that was so embarrassing to see.  Sherry yelling screaming and twisting her body as she was getting waxed to get a laugh was just too much.  I do like Sherry but if she could tone it down a bit she could be so much fun..

We all have friends like Sherri. Comedians and those who fancy themselves comedians tend to be funny because they just don't care and a lot of taboo stuff is funny. BUT they can say stuff that causes secondhand embarrassment. 

19 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Thanks for the heads up. I won't even bother with today's show. The fucking world is burning down. I have no interest in that kind of fluff right now. I am NEVER interested in their cooking segments on this show.

There's so much stuff going on, I was really looking forward to a proper discussion today. 

Does ANYONE like the cooking segments? I thought if you wanted Rachael Ray, you'd just watch Rachael Ray. I've never watched a cooking segment and enjoyed it or thought, wow I better make that. Maybe if I were in the right mood and put in a cooking show, it would be different. I don't watch The View to learn new recipes. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Does ANYONE like the cooking segments? I thought if you wanted Rachael Ray, you'd just watch Rachael Ray. I've never watched a cooking segment and enjoyed it or thought, wow I better make that. Maybe if I were in the right mood and put in a cooking show, it would be different. I don't watch The View to learn new recipes. 

Rachael Ray comes on after The View here. The View should not do cooking segments and Rachael Ray should not interview celebrities. She had Dolly Parton on her show Monday and I swear Dolly maybe spoke 6 to ten sentences the whole interview where Rachaol talked endelssly about herself and her weird-ass husband using the words "I" and  "Me" 20 times. People need to stay in their own damn lane.

I was looking to hear a current discussion on today's show. This is bullshit.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
typo
  • Love 9

On a totally shallow note, Ana looks stunning today! She looks like she just parked her yacht nearby and hopped off for some conversation and food. 

Also, did Whoopi have to bring her entire family here?

• Love 4
(edited)

Watching yesterday's episode on YouTube since the show was preempted in my area yesterday.

High school coach praying - It would be nice if Joy understood the difference between this high school coach and Colin Kaepernick. They are not the same thing for a number of reasons, including that the people involved have different statuses and the venue is different. The rest of the discussion made more sense in terms of the arguments against the coach's behavior. In the "old days" arguing that the SC decision might mean that people who practice less familiar religions would also be enabled to pray in a similar way might seem unlikely, but I can definitely see that happening now.

Brittany Griner - I think the State Department would try to extradite any American incarcerated in Russia, so I don't know why Whoopi thinks that because Brittany is "a black woman" would make a difference. Also (sadly) there are plenty of cases of "not dumb" Americans doing dumb (or at least locally illegal) things in other countries that land them in jail. So, despite the fact that Brittany is "not dumb" that doesn't mean she didn't ignore some restriction leading to her arrest. Unfortunately, Americans sometimes assume that they are entitled to behave as if they are still in the US. 

Sherri - Sherri has always overshared, in my opinion, but I think that including her son is too much. She's done it for years, and maybe when he was younger it was kind of ok, but now it is just embarrassing, and she needs to get a new schtick.

Edited by KittyQ
corrected word
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

It’s the middle of the week! Why is this not LIVE?😒

They’re on vacation, doncha know?  They have more important things to do than tape a show every day. 

• LOL 5
(edited)

I feel like when I see The View referred to in the news or on social media they are always being painted as these radical left-wing lunatics who never take a break from their borderline terroristic agenda. Joy and Whoopi especially. 

And then Roe v wade is overturned and a top White House aide literally just risked her life to testify that Trump purposely sent people he knew for a fact were armed with bear mace, knives, spears, clubs, tactical armor, firearms, and at least one AR-15 to the Capitol after having specifically called out Mike Pence for personally spoiling the election. And that Mark Meadows had to all but be forced to put down his phone and intervene after being told by a lawyer that if Trump went to the Capitol he would "be charged with every crime imaginable", and that Trump likely physically attacked an SS driver doing his sworn duty to protect the President (I say likely because it was 2nd hand info, but I don't doubt Trump said "I'm the fucking President" and bullied him at the very least). 

And we get cooking segments and fluff. I get it, they're in an exotic locale doing pre-planned bits. But the world is on fucking fire. ADJUST. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 17
12 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I did get a kick out of Joy behind the bar mixing up crazy drinks & then 'marrying" that couple!

I loved the little tweet-like "Sunny's legal note" that showed up below, lol. And then when they were back at the table, Joy's faux, "How DARE you question my credentials?!" 🤣

That skit of Fineman they showed at the beginning of the interview was hilarious when it aired, so I enjoyed seeing that again. Her Aidy Bryant, Drew Barrymore, and Jennifer Coolidge impressions in particular were all perfect. Especially as a fan of Coolidge, it's so much fun seeing someone nail the voice and expressions.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

I'm ready for them to get home.........I hate that music they keep playing to let you know they are on an Island............for the love of whoever you think is holy, make it stop.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Did Joy attend whatever production meeting they have in the Bahamas? Whoopi tried to get her to engage in some kind of bit about her hair styling and Joy acted as though she'd never heard of it or actively tried to sabotage it. Maybe she took that bartender skit seriously and had some of her own concoctions. Kind of weird. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I liked what Ne-Yo said about misogyny in music, I feel the same way.

To me, the ladies looked over the Bahamas today, and everyone was on the verge of melting. I agreed with Ana in the first segment when she pushed back on Sara, that those who commit an act are the ones responsible for it, not those who simply failed to prevent them from doing it.

• Love 2

I'm a little concerned about Whoopi's weight. She seems to struggle a little to move around or walk. She is not very tall and she has gained weight during COVID, as have I. But I'm working on it and hope she is too. I remember when they were all intimidated to mention Star's weight to her even though they saw her struggling to move and breathe.

• Love 2

Not sure if allowed so mods please delete, however it is totally legal. 
CTV.ca  (CTV Canada’s) website allows you to watch The View on catch-up for free if you live in the US. Just thought I would mention that. It can be a day or two behind but it’s still a good way to watch other than illegal YouTube videos that are cut and messed around. ha 

• Thanks 5
9 hours ago, Glitches said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with the NBC/Peacock promotions? Each day the show has had a celebrity from SNL or from Peacock.

I noticed this too and wondered the same thing. There's gotta be some kind of synergy going on because this is too much of a coincidence. 

Even Ted Cruz is on the island!

4 hours ago, geekburger said:

That job segment was cute. It’s nice to have se humor in the show.

I really enjoyed the fun segments. Sunny was especially funny as the momma bear lifeguard. Was fun to see her being able to laugh at herself..."consequence culture!"

A producer throwing a towel across the stage at Whoopi so she could pass it to Craig so he could wipe his sweat...embarrassing!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

Maybe they wanted to tape as many episodes as they could very soon and quickly get out of there since hurricane season has started.  There's already been some tropical disturbances here and there.  You never know where/when one will pop up.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 1

Reruns next week

Monday, July 4 (OAD: 5/12/22) – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; cast of “RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars,” including Raja, Jinkx Monsoon, Jaida Essence Hall, Monét X Change, Trinity The Tuck, Shea Couleé, Yvie Oddly and The Vivienne

Tuesday, July 5 (OAD: 6/1/22) – Tara Setmayer guest co-hosts; Sara Bareilles (“Girl5eva”)

Wednesday, July 6 (OAD: 5/19/22) – Stephanie Grisham guest co-hosts; Selma Blair (author, “Mean Baby”); JoJo Siwa (judge, “So You Think You Can Dance”)

Thursday, July 7 (OAD: 5/26/22) – Alyssa Farah Griffin guest co-hosts; Vanessa Williams, Julianne Hough and Rachel Dratch (Broadway’s “POTUS”)

Friday, July 8 (OAD: 6/9/22) – Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona; LeVar Burton (“Butterfly in the Sky”)

• Hugs 1
2 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I get so annoyed when Whoopi, over and over, invites guests to "come hang" with them and co-host. Grr.

True but I almost get more annoyed with the guest who seem truly touched by the honor.  Dude (or Dudette), she says it to EVERYBODY!!

• Love 3
On 6/29/2022 at 8:43 AM, Pearson80 said:

Consider how those of us feel who DO NOT like Sherri...who have tried, but just can't.

• Applause 3

I actually really liked the desk they used in the Bahamas. Can they bring that home with them? I hate the patch up job of the current desk. It’s the original clear one they had a few years back and they have added and added to make it bigger. 

• Love 2