Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Gently Falling Rain

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2022 at 4:33 PM, Emma9 said:

Agreed. I don't dislike Talla at all (which I often end up doing when there's an obvious 'dump a character and then replace them with a similar goldfish' move), but I find her much less interesting than I did Alara. Firestorm remains my favorite episode.

That’s probably because they haven’t really done anything with her. I like her, but I would like her a lot more if they did something with her. Alara was developed early on. With Talla, they don’t seem to know what to do with her. She’s had one episode. I don’t count the fling with John. That was a subplot that didn’t even feel fully developed. I see so much potential for her, but the show won’t do anything with it.

• Like 1
On 6/23/2022 at 1:41 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Charly remains the worst.

OMG, the show absolutely did not need this character! 

I liked this episode. I felt positive that Ed was going to end up with the child. I loved Ed yelling “Jesus Christ!” at the awful aborted kid reveal.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, edhopper said:

Star Trek not withstanding,  anyone want to explain to me how two completely alien species can have a child? Do the Krill even have DNA?

I don't think anyone can give a "Star Trek not withstanding" answer, because we have not encountered any non-terrestrials humanoids IRL. 

But I can imagine one of the more flippant Orville characters like Gordon or John or Yaphit answering: "You never know till you try."

• Like 1
On 6/26/2022 at 2:49 PM, Meushell said:

We had basically three different scenes telling us that she was a good navigator. The first on the bridge, which came off as “We will make you like this character!” The second on the shuttle, which would have worked if not for the first scene. Then in the chase scene where the navigation goes out. How could she possible know where to go?

Especially since everything she did we have watched Gordon do in the past seasons. It was like we skipped franchises and the "navigator" was the  star to show us it is not 20th/21st century real earth instead of the pilot as it is normally on our screens.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:29 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

So when Teleya went undercover as a human, and picked, of all ships in the Union fleet, to infiltrate the Orville, it could be that she was given marching orders to accomplish her mission by any means necessary, including sleeping with the captain. Or it could be that she just freestyled into doing that. Or her sleeping with Ed could have been more about her attraction and less about the spy mission. She clearly seems to still have strong feelings for Ed as of this episode, so I'm assuming it's one of the latter two.

From what we know of the Krill, though, it seems like sleeping with a human would be like asking for a devout Muslim to have sex with an intelligent pig.

Perhaps but then human religious text have women who break their social sexual norms for the greater community. That you are forgiven by Avis for your actions for the larger cause.

Given the scantily clad go-go dancers in the mall, opposition groups and that justice system does have a high tech, thus worked on over the years sentence for abortion. suggest that while as an officer and leader Teleya might be devout not all of Krill is as fundamental as those military officers making contact with the Union have been shown to be.

When Commander Grayson gave the Directive 21 order I couldn't help but think Section 31. And wouldn't you know it when the directive reemerged of course its a spy mission. That the Union has such good intel but brings in ship officers for direct action was like a homage from the most eyerolling of Trek.

• Like 1