Type keyword(s) to search

The Old Man Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

Thanks for creating this separate thread for speculation. I have no knowledge about anything regarding this series. I think that scene where Dan fantasizes about killing everybody at the road stop has to be significant in some way. I think Dan is living now in some delusional world. If Emily is dead, how can he be talking to her in the present? And faking her death so the agency could not find her seems simple. I think Dan did some very bad things. He is not a good guy. But now he is an old man and he has mellowed but I think his bad side will come out and surface.

Dan is the bad guy and Harold is the good guy. 

Edited by LoveLeigh
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
On 6/22/2022 at 1:13 AM, LoveLeigh said:

Dan is the bad guy and Harold is the good guy. 

I say they both are 'bad guys'. Both have killed in cold blood and are willing to do so as often as they think necessary.

As of the third episode

Spoiler

Harper has hired a hit man and Chase is either guilty of killing or kidnapping Zoe.

• Love 1

A love triangle grudge that's simmered for thirty years?  Please no.

Nah I think it's that he wants to know if not only a wife was stolen, but a child, aka Angela-Emily. My Three Dads. Hypothetically said baby would be 34 and Shawkat is 33. I am not saying she IS just that it's what Hamzad suspects and wants to know for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, blixie said:

Nah I think it's that he wants to know if not only a wife was stolen, but a child, aka Angela-Emily. My Three Dads. Hypothetically said baby would be 34 and Shawkat is 33. I am not saying she IS just that it's what Hamzad suspects and wants to know for sure. 

Getting a sample of her DNA would be the only way to know with certainty, not to mention a lot easier. 

• Like 4
On 7/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Razzberry said:

Getting a sample of her DNA would be the only way to know with certainty, not to mention a lot easier. 

But it may be the copper mine. Not a daughter. 

In one of the flashback scenes, when they were riding out to capture the Russian commander, I thought it was Abbey Chase's sister (or Hamzhad's sister) that was speaking to young Dan Chase, not Abbey's ghost.  The sister seemed to distrust the relationship between Dan and Abbey, 

Or did I make it up?

22 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

In one of the flashback scenes, when they were riding out to capture the Russian commander, I thought it was Abbey Chase's sister (or Hamzhad's sister) that was speaking to young Dan Chase, not Abbey's ghost.  The sister seemed to distrust the relationship between Dan and Abbey, 

Or did I make it up?

No she refers to Hamzad as her brother. I think she is in the background of another scene with a baby. 

• Thanks 1

I don't 'hate watch' tv shows and if I stop watching something if I think it isn't worth it. I don't think this is a perfect show, I think there was too much exposition, or possibly it was clumsily executed, but not always, just sometimes. The literary style to the conversation, talking in crafted paragraphs, worked for me. A lot of people have complained that one thing or another doesn't make sense, but most of them do, anyway. Chase would have alias but as he drove away from (I guess Vermont) and towards LA he may have grabbed a random place to stay, and they explained why the husband rented the place without asking his wife, Zoe (passive aggressive).

If I was making a tv show from a book I'd change some things, to keep people who have read the book guessing, and i've seen a lot of shows do this--also if a book is going to be stretched over seeveral seasons, they will need new storylines. I'm guessing that in the second season Zoe will pick up Dave and Carol, will be contacted by Bote and again the lawyer, and will have something to do. I think in the second season that we, and Chase, will learn a lot more about Abbey and there will be a sense of betrayal and loss, as well as other things. I think what is happening is less a spy story than a monumental shifting of interrelationships that require people to start over again, in the middle or end of their lives.

I don't know if Waters is connected in the books, but I wonder if the showrunners will  be able to avoid connecting him to someone in the story--Hamzad or Bote.

I think this show is one that does beg a reviewing, now that the whole thing is out there, and very likely will hang together better if you watch it all at once, instead of episodically, so I will probably do that before the second season comes out.

• Love 2

Calling it now for season 2.

Angela/Emily will actually turn out to be Harper's biological daughter.  He seemed way too bitter and judgmental about her mother. 😉

We'll never know the context of the scene in the trailer when Dan is being followed while driving his dogs in a tan station wagon. Aiming a gun at them looked pretty cool though.

oldman5.jpg.22a705ab34ebdd6c72a19f1323d22c03.jpg