Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Chapter Nine: The Piggyback

• Start Topic

I think the answer is a little more prosaic: when Vecna executed his first successful rift, the entirety of the UD Reality was exposed to the Reality/dimension of “Our World” - and in that short period of the rift’s existence, Our World imprinted upon the UD.

As a result, the UD preserves its glimpse of our reality: like a snapshot, frozen at that time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think the answer is a little more prosaic: when Vecna executed his first successful rift, the entirety of the UD Reality was exposed to the Reality/dimension of “Our World” - and in that short period of the rift’s existence, Our World imprinted upon the UD.

As a result, the UD preserves its glimpse of our reality: like a snapshot, frozen at that time.

That could be it I guess, but I don't know, it just doesn't feel completely right for some reason. Weren't there things we saw in the Upside Down that were "updated" (for lack of a better terms) from what they would have been in 1983? I'm still mulling it all over, LOL.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

That could be it I guess, but I don't know, it just doesn't feel completely right for some reason. Weren't there things we saw in the Upside Down that were "updated" (for lack of a better terms) from what they would have been in 1983? I'm still mulling it all over, LOL.

I’d purely love to hear the writers relate the direction/instructions they were given of the properties and physics of the alternate universe construct which needed to be reflected in their writing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

I’d purely love to hear the writers relate the direction/instructions they were given of the properties and physics of the alternate universe construct which needed to be reflected in their writing.

Oh yeah that would be great. Make things a lot easier to figure out on our end, for sure. At least the Upside Down doesn't drive me as crazy as trying to follow alternate universe storylines like on Fringe where the viewer is expected to believe that every person who has ever lived has alternate versions of themselves in other universes who make different life decisions and die at different times and yet the exact same people somehow end up being born at the exact same time so that the exact same versions are always alive at the exact same time and..............ugh. Makes my head hurt just trying to think about it. 🤪

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

This should have been the series finale. Just kill off Henry instead of letting him live.

Max is not gonna wake up. And the jock who beat up Lucas is probably dead.

The jock is definitely dead.  We see the opening rift cut him clean in half.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

My other complaint is all the episodes were too long. Especially the last one. 

S5 is when 2025? Kids will be 25 by then. Like I said I’m out. No way I’m watching the last season.

And S5 might be split into 2 parts. Making it even longer to see the end.

I will just pretend Vecna died and everything is back to normal.

Eddie was beyond annoying . His eyes creeped me out. 

Just got caught up. Wow, that was long, I wasn’t spoiled as to length. Only Winona looks good in bangs on this show. The rest of them are wearing cartoon-y Velma bangs. They look really terrible. It takes me out of the show. Glad Steve made it. 

Lets hope for better hair in 5.

• Like 2
On 12/9/2022 at 9:15 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

So if each one of Vecna's kills led to a gate, does that mean the dead newspaper kid caused there to be a gate in the middle of the road? 

Yes. We see it expanding and becoming one of the four rifts when the town is being destroyed.

• Useful 1