Type keyword(s) to search

S3.E03: The Demon of Sex

• Start Topic

All right, well, now I get to add "L-O-V-E" to the list of songs I won't be able to hear the same way again :p. 

Nice to see Karima again - especially since she had a more prominent presence this time, in helping to cheer Ben up and get him out of his funk. I liked how the show went all the way back to that case from early in season 1, with that mysterious angel photo, as an example of the numerous unexplained moments that Ben's struggling to figure out. I hope we get to see him and Karima resolve at least some of those moments from their various cases...and maybe in the process, we'll finally learn what the hell happened with Karima and that baby that was also referenced back in season 1? 

The group she and Ben went to spend time with seems interesting, too. I can totally see Ben getting into something like that, and it'll be interesting to see if and how they play a role in his life, as well as Karima's, going forward. 

Also, "cultural derealization". Thanks, Lynn, that term really does sum up how I'm feeling lately, too. Interesting that she was the one to notice what was most troubling Ben. As always, I love the girls' interaction with them. And on the one hand, they need to resolve that issue with the toilet, but on the other hand, I'm really nervous about what will happen if and when they do. 

As for the case, so that demon was wild. couples getting kinky in the bedroom is totally fine, and I liked how Kristen helped try to bring this couple out of their shell a little more, and embrace their more sexual sides (and I loved David officiating their wedding, too :D). But even so, I think Sister Andrea's right to be concerned about that demon to some degree, at least. Shame that her concern is being manipulated by Leland to try and get her out of the way - I'm glad Kristen backed her up, and I hope she and David can continue to look out for Sister Andrea against Leland's attempts to get her out of the way. 

And speaking of Leland, of course he'd get into the whole cryptocurrency thing. That sounds about right. Another callback with Malindaz, which was interesting, though Lexis being inspired by her is obviously not good. That whole thing with Sheryl and that girl who was allergic to the chocolate she got was legit unsettling. I know Sheryl's pretty ruthless, especially since she got together with Leland, but damn. 

Why do I get the feeling that at least some of those commandments that Kristen, as well as her girls, came up with will come back to haunt/bite them at some point? 

• Love 5

I feel for Ben. He's seen a lot of shit, much of it unexplained, so getting out and doing fun science stuff with Karima is good for him. I guess seeing the eyeball was what broke him, but that's something that should've been mentioned to Kristen. Although you can say the same about Andy flushing the demon thing in the first place and not mentioning it either. Communicate, people!

Of course Leland would be trying to sucker people in to wasting money on crypto. And the celebs he referenced really did promote NFTs not all that long ago. This show doesn't miss. 

Between Kristen, Ben, David, and now this newlywed couple, sex demons sure are busy!

The fact that the church even listens to Leland about anything is beyond irritating, but at least Kristen had Sister Andrea's back.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Nice try, Leland, but foiled again. 

Ben and the girls were great today. Loved the toilet scene:

Ben: “What did you guys put down here?”

Lila: “A kid from school.”

Laura: “But a short one.” 

🤣 Smartypants girls. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Nice try, Leland, but foiled again. 

Ben and the girls were great today. Loved the toilet scene:

🤣 Smartypants girls. 

"You're not being very magnificent lately." 

I'm also curious what the whole deal with Lynn and Lexis and that mask is all about. Especially given Lexis mentioning to her mom that Lynn an Ren are seeing each other - she clearly seems to know more about that relationship that she's not allowed to share. 

(And ha, yeah, considering the particular mask Lexis was wearing, I totally get Kristen wanting to make a point of telling the girls to never poke around in her closet :p. Lord knows what else they might stumble upon in there...)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

"So, like Mensa?" "No, these are actually smart people." To quote the great philosopher Michael Kelso, "BUUUUURRRN!"

Sister Andrea v Leland is going to be very interesting now that they'll be bumping into each other all the time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Sheryl actually taking in consideration the Girl's own 10 commandments was hilarious!
So far the 4 daughters are the MVPs of the season.

p.s.
Where is George?? 😢

Edited by Zaffy
  • Love 7

Loved the moment when Ben mentioned how they look into cases, they don't make any sense of it and then move on. The callbacks are making me feel hopeful that the show might progress this season. 

That said, why was the demon joining the couple in bed? I thought their coupling was causing it to fall apart? 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, jada said:

Loved the moment when Ben mentioned how they look into cases, they don't make any sense of it and then move on. The callbacks are making me feel hopeful that the show might progress this season. 

That said, why was the demon joining the couple in bed? I thought their coupling was causing it to fall apart? 

First point, I felt like Ben was saying what we viewers have been saying.  Also partly why I like the show.  I like the monster of the week format, which is where X Files and that other X-Files like show lost me with the other conspiracies, yet, I do want everything to be tied up and reach a conclusion.

I had the same question about the demon in bed with them.  Is it because she brought in the knife and that could lead to an evil act if the couple takes it too far? It’s a mixed message—they’re married and can have sex and can have kinks but if the kink gets too violent, then that’s a problem?  Also seems like Sister Andrea seeing demons would be good for the church.  Catholicism is full of visions and miracles, so what is wrong with her seeing demons?  Where do they draw the line?

Not going to question it too much because I still love the show and find it entertaining.  I really wish they would add previews to the end of each episode since we have to wait a week for each one to drop.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

Ben should have retrieved and packed that eyeball for Kristen’s safekeeping.

My favorite part of this episode is when that cheeky sex demon left his eyes and ear on the table in the therapy room. He’s so f-king lunatic! Maybe he should get in touch with Rad-G and her Evil Inc. for more sophisticated gadgets. 😂

I guess he won in the end because the therapy has led the couple to a kinky path and that feeds him. Will there be a new demon baby soon?

Influencer Malindaz is back!!! Bravo Rad-G for handling that condescending assistant. Taylor deserves that… 😈😈😈

The Bouchard girls’ commandments will definitely get them into more trouble. Andy, please come back safely!

1D026247-D22C-419E-B069-923C0FA6B6F6.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

That Makob commercial was really good. When it first came on, I was, “Hey, I paid for the Paramount Plus WITHOUT commercials!”🤨

I thought the same thing! I was like, "Wait, what's this ad doing here?" :p.

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I would watch a series of Sheryl in evil millennial corporate America.  That was alot of fun.  

I like that the girls are smart and helpful to both Ben and Sheryl even in their own way.

I want to know what Sister Andrea sees when she looks at Kristen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I still don't understand why the church would listen to anything Leland says. Sheryl is always fun and I liked that she took charge of the snotty youngsters but what is this job thing all about? It feels like they are trying to find ways to shoehorn Leland in so they have this weird internet evil subplot. I'm thinking something bad is going to happen with the newly married couple since they seem to be headed to more and more violence in order to feel turned on. I was surprised to see Kristen stand up for sister Andrea and the actress  (Kristen) sometimes has a strange look on her face so I often wonder if she is also possessed in some way. I liked the science club that Ben and his sister went to, it looked like fun. I still love the show but I'm thinking they are throwing a lot of things out there to see what sticks and it is coming off a tiny bit incohesive. I like the scary stuff more than the comedy so I hope we get more scares this season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Ceindreadh said:

So they're worried about Sister Andrea talking to things that aren't there.

Isn't that just called praying?

Well she is a woman.   If it was a white male priest we would be playing a whole new game and Leland is very good at playing on innate  fear and prejudice.   I think head priest guy (whose name escapes me) was hoping that Kristen would back up the assessment that Sister Andrea needed to be sent away. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
On 6/26/2022 at 4:26 AM, ferjy said:

🤣 Smartypants girls. 

"What if... there are Jews in our basement?"

I also cracked up at Laura's "WHOAAA... we're not supposed to say ["shut up"]!" They were on fire this episode. 😆

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/26/2022 at 11:06 AM, jada said:

Not totally sure, but I think their (presumed) tenderness was causing them demonic trouble. That consummation went a little beyond ordinary kink. The demon joined them for that threesome when the slap drew blood, and she held an actual kitchen knife to his throat. It seems like they never even publicly kissed until David married them, so moving from virginal awkwardness to rape fetish is a pretty big leap. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 3

Digging the series, and I enjoy all of the characters and their respective performers, with the obvious exception of Leland and Shirley.  I thought this episode was hilarious but only as far as Sister Andrea’s Demon foil role.  She’s excellent as a “thumbing her nose at a demon” Nun. I wanted to watch the episode with my son, but I have to admit, the antics of the demon were embarrassing.  Not the showing of his Bum to the sister, but his total attempt at gamesmanship was over-the-top. The Demon came off as a buffoon and not very intimidating. I did enjoy the kids’ treatment of Magnificent Ben, and actually felt he was no match for the team of 12 year old wunderkinds. Poor Ben 🤭.

• Love 1
On 6/28/2022 at 9:24 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Digging the series, and I enjoy all of the characters and their respective performers, with the obvious exception of Leland and Shirley.  I thought this episode was hilarious but only as far as Sister Andrea’s Demon foil role.  She’s excellent as a “thumbing her nose at a demon” Nun. I wanted to watch the episode with my son, but I have to admit, the antics of the demon were embarrassing.  Not the showing of his Bum to the sister, but his total attempt at gamesmanship was over-the-top. The Demon came off as a buffoon and not very intimidating. I did enjoy the kids’ treatment of Magnificent Ben, and actually felt he was no match for the team of 12 year old wunderkinds. Poor Ben 🤭.

Shirley, did you mean Sheryl by chance? Because normally I don't like her, but I was cheering her retribution with the snotty "assistant" (yes, I know it's unrealistic, but hey, it's TV).

The daughters I have mixed feelings about. They got some pretty good dialogue this episode ("A kid from school" "But a short one" was hilarious) but the constant overtalking drives me batty.

The Makob commercial was very well done! And I love/hate the "influencer", she is spot on.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Barbarblacksheep said:

Shirley, did you mean Sheryl by chance? Because normally I don't like her, but I was cheering her retribution with the snotty "assistant" (yes, I know it's unrealistic, but hey, it's TV).

The daughters I have mixed feelings about. They got some pretty good dialogue this episode ("A kid from school" "But a short one" was hilarious) but the constant overtalking drives me batty.

The Makob commercial was very well done! And I love/hate the "influencer", she is spot on.

Yes, Sheryl, thank you.  I'm bad at names. I wasn't exactly cheering her for torturing Taylor(?).  I was too busy thinking that she has descended into an Evil B*tch who has sold her soul for what????  I don't understand her dehumanization.  What could possibly turn her into this?  She chose this?????  Is she so desperate for money that she could WILLINGLY become this creature?

• Love 2

I love that Ben basically said the things that many of us in the audience have been saying about the various cases of the week. These amazing often unexplainable things happen and then they just move onto the next thing, no wonder Ben is freaked out. I like the cases of the week and way too many supernatural shows fall apart when their mythology becomes too overly convoluted, but I am glad that the show is aware that it needs to tie things together, both the myth arc and the mysteries of the week. I was especially happy to see the angel photo again, I think that was the first unexplained thing that made Ben do a double take. Very nice to see Karima again, here to cheer Ben up with some fun science. Plus we got more of Ben and the girls, which is always a treat, even when Ben isn't feeling the most magnificent. 

Nothing like a demon to spice up a marriage! Those sex demons do certainly keep busy don't they? I miss George, I want his narration back at the very least. 

I died at the girls Ten Commandments, the girls have bee a real highlight in a strong season. Although I really don't want the girls anywhere near Sheryl long term, Andy better come back soon. Or everyone else gets a load of what she has been up to.

Of course Leland is into crypto. I love Leland vs Sister Andrea, but I have no clue why the church wants anything to do with him beyond the stories he tries to spin. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 7/1/2022 at 9:39 AM, tennisgurl said:

….., but I have no clue why the church wants anything to do with him beyond the stories he tries to spin. 

This ^. Why the “Hell” does the Monsignor even allow him in the church?  While I loathe every character that he plays (“Lost”, “Persons of Interest”) Michael Emerson certainly owns the Creep card and can play it very well. I hate him.  😔

• Love 3

and again I say that any scenes with the girls and Ben are a big win! Poor, poor Ben. I also adore him with his sister, and am sooo glad she's been around more this season! Hope that continues.

the girls' ten commandments are...concerning, for the most part. the sisters before misters part's good at least. 😛

Sheryl is such a conundrum for me; I'm totally on her side for getting rid of Leland's spy and being in charge, but at the same time...I can't fully like her? I don't know. it's very confusing.

I wonder if Kristen sticking up for Sister Andrea was coming from the same reasons she'd stick up for David--namely that if their stuff gets results, she'll accept it--or if it was because she knew Leland was behind it and wanted to piss him off again. I mean, probably both. But I enjoyed the women's exchange after that; nice and understanding! 

and seriously, I just never tire of how terrified Leland is of Sister Andrea.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 7/2/2022 at 9:40 PM, Jacks-Son said:

This ^. Why the “Hell” does the Monsignor even allow him in the church?  While I loathe every character that he plays (“Lost”, “Persons of Interest”) Michael Emerson certainly owns the Creep card and can play it very well. I hate him.  😔

I will love watching Ben Linus and Harold Finch forever and am impressed Michael Emerson could play two such different characters and make me love them both. But Leland...ick. He's not doing anything interesting and I think it's time to write him out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ABay said:

He's not doing anything interesting and I think it's time to write him out.

Unfortunately, he's one of the representations of "Evil".  It comes in many forms, including Grandma, who has aligned herself with Evil. Can't write out the villian of the story  until he gets his cruel demise.  (Hopefully 😇)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/26/2022 at 9:59 PM, Annber03 said:
On 6/26/2022 at 9:56 PM, HerkyJerky said:

That Makob commercial was really good. When it first came on, I was, “Hey, I paid for the Paramount Plus WITHOUT commercials!”🤨

I thought the same thing! I was like, "Wait, what's this ad doing here?" :p.

I do have commercials with PP, and I missed the Makob because I mute and/or ignore the commercials. Guess I should go back to the episode to see this one. 

• Useful 1