Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Something's Missing

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Gale coming clean to Geri about the past forces Cordell to relive a part of his he’d buried long ago, and Trey considers Captain James’ latest offer.

Airdate: 06/23/2022

Season finale!

I must say that the scene with Jeri and Gale was well acted and well edited. I will give the actress who plays Gale a lot of credit for her performance, whether it's the delivery in her dialogue or her emotions, it really made me feel for her, no matter how much of a scumbag she really is. As for the editing, I liked how there were points when parts of the dialogue went in sync with whatever was said in the present time. 

With Trey on the verge of becoming a ranger, I know that he will still be on the show. I also like his friendship with Cassie the more I see those scenes, but I hope that in season 3 that it still won't lead to anything. Even if it does, I wouldn't mind, but I just don't want Cassie to feel like a replacement of Micki (who I think should appear as a guest star down the road).

Speaking of Cassie, while I liked the scene of her on the date, I wondered what the deal was with her date. With the season having reached its end, I wonder if it could be touched on in season 3.

Spoiler

I also must talk about that ending. Who do you think kidnapped Cordell? Oh, the suspense is killing me. Now I wonder when the show will be brought back.

• Love 3

You know that it's a good season finale when you're sitting there at the end, yelling "No!" at your television because it's going to be months until the next episode. *shakes fist in frustration*

Glad that the Davidsons are wrapped up and will be reduced to a vague annoyance for the Walkers going forward. My sympathy for Gail is still at negative 1000 because she not only murdered her own husband and used his death as justification for her vendetta against the Walkers in general and Abby in particular, but she allowed a young teenage boy to carry the burden that he might have caused the death of someone else. That's pretty unforgiveable to me and I don't care how much remorse she shows now. Abby was right that Gail hadn't apologized for the harm that she'd done to so many people and she deserves a nice long stay in prison.

Denise is little better, admitting that she did sabotage Cordell's saddle in order to let her family win the ranch. That is just the capper on a long season of bad, self-serving behavior (the worst being trying to railroad Bonham for the death of her father). She's going to have a long road ahead if she wants any kind of redemption, and she can start off by giving up her job in the DA office since she's proven that she's an unethical snake. Who would have thought that Dan would be the best of them, and I'm glad that he was willing to stand up to his wife but also want to repair their relationship once the truth came out.

The Walkers, as a whole, are such a contrast. Despite everything that they've been through, they're optimistic, forward looking people who respect the past but don't let it rule them. They've got their ranch back (yay!) and Liam is now able to explore the idea of taking it over one day. I hope that he doesn't give up law permanently, but I like that he's considering other options for his life and that the Walker legacy will be a strong one. Stella is growing up and while she might be a little naïve about her relationship with Colton given the feud between their families, I'm glad that she's showing the strength of not letting it dictate her life. Now it will be Augie's turn to find his way.

Glad that Trey is going to have a place in the series that doesn't circle back to him being Micky's ex-boyfriend. He'll make a great Ranger. And Cassie has really grown on me. She's got a good dynamic with the other characters and I'm looking forward to seeing her story develop. As a whole, the cast has been amazing and did a great job this season.

I understand Geri needing time to figure things out, as she's had a lot dumped on her this season, and I get that trying to be in a relationship right now isn't the best idea for her. Hopefully she won't take too long in getting her head sorted out because Cordell doesn't deserve to be strung along. 

Speaking of Cordell... he got his closure about the barn burning down and can let go of a lot of the guilt that he'd been carting around this season. Between believing that he'd been responsible for Marv's death and then losing the race, it hadn't been a good time for him emotionally. But he's got a loving and supportive family who stood by him and I love the relationship he has now with Liam and Trey. The three of them are going to be a serious handful for Abby to corral. 

And that ending... *yells at television again and pouts*.

• Love 3

Agree with pretty much everything Hana Chan said. ↑

I think part of the reason they have Geri pulling back is because the actress is pregnant and I believe that her due date makes it difficult for her to film new episodes until at least late fall, if not later than that.    

1 hour ago, wlk68 said:

I think part of the reason they have Geri pulling back is because the actress is pregnant and I believe that her due date makes it difficult for her to film new episodes until at least late fall, if not later than that.    

You're right about that and with the drama surrounding poor Cordell right now, romance is not going to be a major consideration for at least a little while.

Finally finding out Gale started the fire and killed Marv and Denise admitting she cut the saddle was a good ending for the season.  I'm treating the season finale as a "series finale".  I just can't get past Walker's mumbling and choppy way he says his words.  He'll say something like " Ummm, uh, uh, we....all uh,  need to, to calm d-down" all while making wierd facial expressions.  I just don't know why the show decided to portray Walker in this manner.  I guess I'm the only one who feels this way since Walker was renewed.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, rr2911 said:

Finally finding out Gale started the fire and killed Marv and Denise admitting she cut the saddle was a good ending for the season.  I'm treating the season finale as a "series finale".  I just can't get past Walker's mumbling and choppy way he says his words.  He'll say something like " Ummm, uh, uh, we....all uh,  need to, to calm d-down" all while making wierd facial expressions.  I just don't know why the show decided to portray Walker in this manner.  I guess I'm the only one who feels this way since Walker was renewed.  

To be fair, even though I liked the original "Walker, Texas Ranger" for its all-around cheese factor (and it was definitely a cheesy show), I like this show as its own thing. While some characters have their issues, I still came back for it. I guess I haven't reached the point where I tapped out of this show.

I called Gale being behind the fire awhile ago, but the reveal was still very well handled, Gale actually explaining everything to Geri was surprisingly intense, probably due to the acting, Gail sounded so frantic and guilt ridden I did actually feel sorry for her for a second, while also being nervous that she might lash out at Geri. Even if she does feel bad, she did murder her husband, escalated this whole feud to cover up what she did, and let poor teenage Cordell feel guilty for his entire life for something that wasn't his fault. She absolutely deserves jail, the Walkers certainly gave her more grace than she deserves. Its shocking that of the whole Davidson clan, Dan turned ended up coming out looking the best. I haven't forgiven Denise for what she did, especially railroading Bonham, but I do feel a bit sorry for her, finding out that all of her anger was built on a lie and that her mom killed her dad is a hard pill to swallow. 

I did laugh when they went into that barn with the lantern, you knew right away that it would be falling down and setting that place ablaze, and sure enough. 

Good season finale, and I have liked the season over all. The Davidsons were a nice change of pace from criminal conspiracies and cartels, and it allowed us to see more sides to the Walker family, especially as they all grew closer together despite things falling apart around them. So glad they got the ranch back, now Abbey can fix her garden! I am also glad that Trey is going to become a ranger, it finally gives him something to really do that will keep him on the show, and I like the friendship that he has developed with Cordell, Liam, and Cassie, who has grown on me a lot. 

Damn it, that cliffhanger! Glad that this show survived the CW purge and we will get another season. 

• Love 1
On 6/25/2022 at 9:29 AM, rr2911 said:

I just can't get past Walker's mumbling and choppy way he says his words.  He'll say something like " Ummm, uh, uh, we....all uh,  need to, to calm d-down" all while making wierd facial expressions.  I just don't know why the show decided to portray Walker in this manner.  I guess I'm the only one who feels this way since Walker was renewed.  

I haven't seen Jared Padalecki in anything before (never watched Supernatural) so I don't know how he is as an actor; all I can say is that he's terrible in this.

Ok, who didn't have Gail pegged as the murderer the second she appeared? It was so obvious that it was her.