Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast and Characters of Ms. Marvel

Raja
  • Start Topic

My brother, did we all grow up to find our elementary and Jr High friends suddenly go for someone else just as we got old enough to see her in a different way?

It just occurred to me, not only is Iman Vellani a Pakistani second generation kid who's a Marvel superfan, all stuff that parallels Kamala Khan, but she's from Markham, which is to Toronto kinda sorta like what Jersey City is to New York, and Toronto is Canada's analogue to NYC.

In The Fan's Guide to Ms. Marvel, they made the point that except for actual superpowers, Imani really is Kamala. I watched it before the show, but I think it works better after seeing how amazing she is.

One thing I really did like about Bruno, or Brian, was that he didn't shame Kamala on having feelings for the hot mysterious bad boy. He was still her friend through everything, he didn't pull the classic "nice guy" card like "you should be with me because I'm a nice guy and I know what's better for you than you do."

I adored the entire Khan family and Kamala's friends and I would love to see them in future projects.

• Like 1
  • Love 3