Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Wedding at the End of the World

• Start Topic

Well Viktor apologising to the murderer of his kinda-son oficially made me sick.

Also what is this revisionist history? Allison always being nice to Viktor? Oh please. She was the one who gaslit (rumored) Viktor into thinking he had no powers, which lead to the first apocalypse the gang had to deal with, which eventuelly led to all the shit they are dealing with now.

I just can't with Allison. I know she lost her kid, but she takes no responsibility in her part in all of this. It's always somebody else's fault.

If this murderer and almost-rapist isn't killed by the end of the season, I'm not sure if I'll be back for the next one. Well Netflix will probably cancel this anyway. It's been three seasons afterall.

• Applause 1
  • Love 23

Yeah, she's awful. She went from my fave last season to below Evil Ben now.

Well at least the wedding was fun. I cracked up at Five's "he called him acceptable". Then someone was like, that's the nicest thing he's ever said to Luther. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

I enjoyed this episode. The bachelor party and wedding reception were fun. I especially enjoyed the sweet little moments between Lila and Diego, Luther and Sloane, and Five's karaoke duet with Klaus. Allison and Viktor are both annoying and can get off my screen now.

This season is a little meh for me so far. There are 2 episodes left and the world is ending, so hopefully it will pick up after this.

• Love 5

Cinco!

I’ve been feeling a lot like Five.  Cheers!

so, is klaus going to be the to defeat this thing in the tunnel?

Luther and klaus are such sweethearts.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I think I'd have a hard time deciding which side of Hotel Oblivion I'd want to spend the rest of eternity in.  On one side the world is crumbling around you, death is certain, but you apparently have a magic closet with an occasion appropriate wardrobe perfectly fitted for you.  On the other side, there's no outside world, there's a bell that releases a crazy monster scythe killer, but there's endless sushi.  choices, choices...

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

I was kind of torn about this one. The universe is imploding and they all decide to have a wedding instead of trying to fix it once Reginald showed up and told them they had a chance. On the other hand I kind of get where they're coming from since they've spent the last two seasons trying to prevent apocalypses only to find themselves facing yet another. Live while you can, I guess.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I suppose Diego and Ben learned Spanish and Korean on their own time?  I doubt Hargreaves would have thought it necessary to have hired tutors

In the first season Allison says she speaks seven languages so it stands to reason they know each of their native  languages . They are polyglots. Five or Viktor said they all had to read ancient Greek and Viktor knew Swedish when dealing with the assasins.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Aww, this episode was nice, if only for us getting to see all of them bonding and having a good time and communicating for once. For the Umbrellas, especially, they've been on World Saving mode for a month so I totally get why they'd finally say "screw it" and just let it happen. 

We had some very nice character moments, too, which is sometimes lacking on this show. 

Allison is really wallowing in her own self pity, isn't she? Again, I understand WHY she's in this miserable, bitchy state. I don't agree and she'll need to do a LOT to make up for it after this, but I get it. That being said, I HATE that everyone is putting this on Viktor instead of calling Allison out. They keep treating Allison with kid gloves and, yes, she obviously needs help, but putting everything on Viktor to apologize or to fix things is not right. I did love the Luther/Viktor moments, regardless.

So, Five sees Reginald making a deal with someone but will be too drunk to tell everyone right away.

I do appreciate people calling out Klaus for being naive. Yes, Reginald here may be different from their Reginald, but how much and is he really so different that he wouldn't have ulterior motives?

• Like 6
  • Love 8
On 6/29/2022 at 2:23 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I do appreciate people calling out Klaus for being naive. Yes, Reginald here may be different from their Reginald, but how much and is he really so different that he wouldn't have ulterior motives?

Klaus has always been desperate for connection/love (even with the new Ben), but especially for parental love.  He didn't "bond" with Grace as Diego did (that's real desperation) but he's going to take any opportunity to connect with his birth mom, or his (pseudo) adoptive father,

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Count me as another who has had it with Allison. She takes zero responsibilty for anything she did. How is it all Viktor's fault? For saving a kid? Is she forgetting the shitty way she's treated Viktor all those years? I really liked Allison last season but this season she's just horrible. I still have a hard time sympathizing with her loss of Claire when she only mentioned her once last season and that was when they had to go back. I hated Viktor apologizing to her. I really wish Viktor and the others called Allison out on her crap. 

Ben's as much of a kill joy as Allison. All pissed because he wasn't invited to the bachelor party? That's what happens when your an asshole to everyone Ben.

I liked the bachelor party and the wedding. Those were fun moments. Klaus trying to convince Reginald to come. Reginald was nice at the wedding. But then that scene later. I have a bad feeling about it. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
On 6/27/2022 at 11:19 PM, chaifan said:

I think I'd have a hard time deciding which side of Hotel Oblivion I'd want to spend the rest of eternity in.  On one side the world is crumbling around you, death is certain, but you apparently have a magic closet with an occasion appropriate wardrobe perfectly fitted for you.  On the other side, there's no outside world, there's a bell that releases a crazy monster scythe killer, but there's endless sushi.  choices, choices...

I'd go with the endless sushi (though I'd wonder who is making it and how fresh it could be).

On 7/4/2022 at 7:55 PM, flyingdi said:

IMO, Allison maybe hateful right now but she's been totally self centered since Day 1.

Yeah but she really worked on it towards the end of season one and was really great in season two. They undid all of that.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

There were a lot of great lines in this episode, but I think "we called it bus ball" made me laugh the loudest. Oh Klaus...

I do kind of love Lila and Diego together. They shouldn't work, but they do.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Ok I can’t wait until I’m all caught up - but does anyone else find Lila & Diego super hot and sexy together? I feel like I’m in the minority of really liking Lila, and even though the crazy cold and distant chick that pushes people away before they can reject her trope is tired, I like it on the actress and like their energy together.  

• Love 4
On 7/26/2022 at 11:50 PM, nanners84 said:

Ok I can’t wait until I’m all caught up - but does anyone else find Lila & Diego super hot and sexy together? I feel like I’m in the minority of really liking Lila, and even though the crazy cold and distant chick that pushes people away before they can reject her trope is tired, I like it on the actress and like their energy together.  

I like Lila. I think a lot of it is the actress. Usually that type of character just annoys me but it works well with Diego. The only thing I didn't like about Lila was her telling him Stanley was their kid when he wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I didn’t like Lila until last episode, but I’m okay with her now. I was perfectly happy to trade Allison for Lila and new new Ben at the wedding reception. They were at least happy for Luther and Sloane. I even like Reginald for a bit. Dammit.

• Love 1