Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: The Last Time To Look On This World Of Lies

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I am on the fence about Soldier Boy...he seems normal and I feel for his decades of suffering.  At the same time what did he do that made everyone on the team, except Gun Powder hate him?

I wonder if it was less hating him because of something he did or if it was more jealousy that he was the main guy, got all the attention, had better powers... and probably was a bit of a dick. It's possible that he was going insane the way homelander is, but we haven't been shown that yet... It sounded like he knocked Gun Powder around a bit, so he probably had some abusive stuff going that we haven't had a chance to see much of... but is it psycho or just I have power and my little buddy can handle a little roughhousing vs I will make you eat your friend, or i'm gonna kill this guy and take you to see the dead body. Both things are bad, but one is worse. 

It seemed to me like they wanted SB out of the picture, maybe for Noir to take over Payback (Side note, I thought he died from the allergic reaction last season? But I guess it just took him out for awhile? but I suppose he was probably in the scenes we've seen of the 7 meetings this season but I've not paid enough attention I guess!)  So of course the others would be on board if it would get them more spot light and no more hanging out in SB superpowered shadow. Vought probably thought the experiments would kill SB or something. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Aithne said:

I was saying the same thing last night. AS is phenomenal, and Homelander has me on edge constantly, so he's a great villain. But like... where does this go? Are we gonna have a fourth season of HL getting ~even crazier~? At some point you gotta pull the trigger, and I just feel like we are coming to a point where it's gonna get old if something doesn't change.

I have enjoyed Superman and Lois, but I'm thisclose to quitting it, because the good guys never win. It's depressing. There has to be a payoff now and then, a reason to keep rooting for the underdogs because you know they do actually triumph now and again. If Homelander just continues to kill or castrate every enemy, perceived or otherwise, then it just becomes mustache-twirling parody. He needs a real vulnerability, and The Boys need a win.

• Love 5
(edited)

It appears that Solider Boy's nuke power is directly related to intense emotion-namely, anger-he hears the Russion music, BOOM-he finds out from his supposed true love she hated him all along, and went along with the plan to give him to the Russions for zero funds...BOOM.  Although it could also be an energy that absolutly needs to to expelled in some way every so often, or else it happens by accident.

I was also thinking for second that Starlight would get caught in SB's nuke bomb, and get de-powered herself, but as it turns out, they were far far away.

I'm pretty sure the de-super effect will be temporary, which would suck in Kimko's case, because she was completely joyful at being a normal girl again. 

Edited by StarBrand
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, roctavia said:

It seemed to me like they wanted SB out of the picture, maybe for Noir to take over Payback (Side note, I thought he died from the allergic reaction last season? But I guess it just took him out for awhile? but I suppose he was probably in the scenes we've seen of the 7 meetings this season but I've not paid enough attention I guess!)  So of course the others would be on board if it would get them more spot light and no more hanging out in SB superpowered shadow. Vought probably thought the experiments would kill SB or something

Maybe the Russians lied to Vought about having a way to kill SB with every intent of turning him into the weapon and with Vought looking to get rid of him to make way for the new team, this sounded like the answer. 

In that scenario, it would seem that the Russians would have made the first move/approach.

I can't believe that Vought would give up their most powerful supe either unless they thought they were indeed really sending him to his death.

But Crimson Countess knew he was alive, didn't she?

That seems to indicate that someone knew he was going to be kept captive but not killed from the get-go. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Aithne said:

I was saying the same thing last night. AS is phenomenal, and Homelander has me on edge constantly, so he's a great villain. But like... where does this go? Are we gonna have a fourth season of HL getting ~even crazier~? At some point you gotta pull the trigger, and I just feel like we are coming to a point where it's gonna get old if something doesn't change.

I’m guessing SB depowers Homelander but they don’t tell people (because it’s Vought and he’s a money maker). So we’ll get a season of Homelander recovery.  Maybe Vought sticks SB back in cryo as a threat to the Supes to stay in line.  

And Nina needs to go splat. Or get shipped off to Russia.  Stay away from Frenchie and Kimiko!

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SueB said:

I’m guessing SB depowers Homelander but they don’t tell people (because it’s Vought and he’s a money maker). So we’ll get a season of Homelander recovery.  Maybe Vought sticks SB back in cryo as a threat to the Supes to stay in line.  

And Nina needs to go splat. Or get shipped off to Russia.  Stay away from Frenchie and Kimiko!

I would love this, because I want to see how HL reacts to being depowered.

I would also love #2, because I hate Little Nina and think she’s a caricature, more than the Supes.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, SueB said:

Ahhh, I could see that! That would be an interesting twist - seeing Homelander depowered and at the mercy of Vought to be their moneymaker. And it would bring into relief that the face might be Homelander, but the real villain is Vought's greed. 

And yes, omg, Nina is pure evil. I actually thought Frenchie was being a little whiny and sanctimonious earlier about Butcher cutting a deal with her, but nope. He just knew how fucking dangerous it was. And now he's the one who's gonna suffer for it. Goddammit. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Aithne said:

I mean...that's another comic book trope. How can Batman still be battling with the Joker for decades. Superman and Luthor. It goes on and on.

From a storytelling point, they got to pull the trigger though.

At the very least, it would be funny if they couldn't defeat him but were able to put him on ice. Take him out of the narrative for now. 

That's always the issue with certain breakout characters. There may come a point where narrative wise it's time to remove them but they are too beloved to just remove. There is also the worry of the show losing its spark. 

I hope Kripke has another 5 year plan up his sleeve. Just do 5 and get out. Let prime have fun with spinoffs and stuff.

If so, bench Homelander for next season some how and them bring him back in season 5 to conclude the arc.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

It's possible Edgar/Vought have been trying to get supes into the military for decades.   We saw from MM's wall that Soldier Boy probably had more collateral damage than he did saves and was probably becoming a liability.  So Edgar probably saw turning Soldier Boy over to the Russians as a win/win.   If Russia can make a few supes they would have to choice but to send their own supes.    Soldier Boy didn't seem to have the chest blasts when he was captured. 

Or maybe Edgar/Vought weren't involved at all.  Maybe after they were attacked, Crimson Countess saw a way to get rid of him and told the Russians, leave me alive, and I'll give you the real prize, type Dean. 

For Homelander getting depowered and being a regular person would be worse than death.  We already saw fear in Homelander after he heard the reports.    So Im hoping this is what will happen.   I think Antony would be great at portraying a Homelander who last everything.   We 

For Kimiko, I think she is going to realize that powers aren't all that bad.   We saw Frenchie not come back, and Kimiko is going to be powerless (literally and figuratively) to help him.  So I can see her taking temp V.  

I wonder if MM will hold on to his principals or if he was consider temp V to level the playing field with Soldier Boy. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I think you are getting caught up on the word hate. Starlight's main point is that pretty much no one really likes them. No one in the seven does. They are useful to Homelander as lackeys. That's it. A Train only had his brother. They both have no family to speak of past that. The Deep's wife seems to just enjoy the power she holds now. They are the two least beloved members of the group. At least, Black Noir is respected. That's what she was getting at.

“Caught up?” It’s not that deep. I was expressing my opinion based on my interpretation of the scene. I don’t need you to break it down for me, thanks.

(edited)
11 hours ago, Bergamot said:

Homelander’s first Vought board meeting emphasizes how incredibly fragile he is. No matter how much everyone fawns over him and praises him, it is never enough – just one person asking a question that he doesn’t understand and making him feel stupid is enough to drive him to the edge of a homicidal rage.

I was expecting the scene to play out exactly as it did, Homelander having not chosen a new member of The Seven whose super power was MBA.

It was pointed out to me and I agree, plenty of people will stick with a job/company just to be close to power, however when the bosmang is as likely to laser you in half, or splatter you into a smudge on the wall for asking a pertinent question about corporate financial matters (as seen in this episode), if they do stay, they will stay under the radar or underachieving thereby undermining the increased revenues desired.

I’d also like to thank my Lord and savior that the jerky-jerky man on the Crimson Countess Cam did not foul his camera with his ejaculate material…

Edited by wmdekooning
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

so, bench Homelander for next season some how and them bring him back in season 5 to conclude the arc.

I'm wondering if Butcher could become the new Big Bag...I mean he's got a mad hate on for ALL supes and wants to kill them all (at least based on what he said to Maeve). I bet he would go after Kimiko, Annie and maybe even Ryan.  I could see that being seasons 4-5.  

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, roamyn said:

I want to see how HL reacts to being depowered.

I would love that! I agree, the trigger with regards to Homelander needs pulling now. A season of him being a person, albeit a psychotic one, would be quite interesting.

The writing on this show is so very good. While I do enjoy the overblown violence, that's not what keeps me glued to the TV. Bravo, Kripke!

1 hour ago, wmdekooning said:

I’d also like to thank my Lord and savior that the jerky-jerky man on the Crimson Countess Cam did not foul his camera with his ejaculate material…

Oh my, I wholeheartedly agree. That's not something I need to see from Seth Rogen.

I'm very worried about Kimiko and Frenchie, although I'm happy for her.

I only noticed the double-take at Robert "Bobby" Singer's poster.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SueB said:

Oh, that makes sense! There has to be payoff to SB being able to depower Supes and a way to get SB offscreen if JA isn't returning. AS would be great at playing a powerless Homelander trying to act like he still has powers. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I mean...that's another comic book trope. How can Batman still be battling with the Joker for decades. Superman and Luthor. It goes on and on.

I did read a book once that said that if you have enough focus and a huge amount of money, so that you can devote your life to learning different methods of martial arts, while your companies at home develop the materials you need to make your tech weapons and suits, and if you are really really smart and athletic, you can be Batman for a couple of years. Then the wear and tear on your body would take over. Same for Daredevil and I imagine Dick Grayson.  So the stories are absolutely believable, they just are stories that all take place in that two year period and you suspend your disbelief about time passing.

I do think that one of the stories is going to be Homelander losing his power and trying to hide it.

I exclaimed aloud, although I was watching alone, when they showed the building Soldier Boy destroyed in New York. I don't do that.

I was impressed with Jack Quaid's acting, always am, but Hughie hiding the look of need when he sees the box of tempV in the trunk of the car was some good and subtle acting. He has a lot of range, too. And the shot of them standing around the trunk of the car was pure Supernatural.

I believe Soldier Boy loved Crimson Countess and daydreamed about her saving him, but I also think he was an abusive guy. I think Someone got money (or another advantage) from selling SB to the Soviets and we may find out who it was, I wonder if it was part of the Nazi connection. It also seems as if Soldier Boy is probably really unhealthy to be around (I mean radioactive), but I hope he makes it at least through the 4th season.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

“Caught up?” It’s not that deep. I was expressing my opinion based on my interpretation of the scene. I don’t need you to break it down for me, thanks.

Your opinion seemed to be impacted by the word hate. I was just giving a (my) viewpoint on the scene. I didn't say you needed anything. We are all here giving our views and opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Maybe the Russians lied to Vought about having a way to kill SB with every intent of turning him into the weapon and with Vought looking to get rid of him to make way for the new team, this sounded like the answer. 

In that scenario, it would seem that the Russians would have made the first move/approach.

I can't believe that Vought would give up their most powerful supe either unless they thought they were indeed really sending him to his death.

That seems to indicate that someone knew he was going to be kept captive but not killed from the get-go. 

Stormfront was around then and likely knew a lot of scientists who experimented on people, who may even have, some of them, taken refuge in the soviet union and south america.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

My opinion was based off of the overall scene.

And it's not just about the scene. I don't even know why this is such a big issue. A Train betrayed Sonic to get in the good graces of Homelander who hates him. He does. He basically hates everyone. I don't know how that could be debated. We've also watched all season just how much Homelander despises the fact that A Train is useless as a Supe. This is when indifference turns to hate.  Homelander hated him because he became useless. You don't spend every moment shitting on someone every time you seem them if you are indifferent towards them. He was indifferent towards him when his power worked and he was of some use to him. A Train showed his usefulness now but it wont last. This is my opinion of the situation. I'm not lecturing you.

2 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

And it's not just about the scene. I don't even know why this is such a big issue. A Train betrayed Sonic to get in the good graces of Homelander who hates him. He does. He basically hates everyone. I don't know how that could be debated. We've also watched all season just how much Homelander despises the fact that A Train is useless as a Supe. This is when indifference turns to hate.  Homelander hated him because he became useless. You don't spend every moment shitting on someone every time you seem them if you are indifferent towards them. He was indifferent towards him when his power worked and he was of some use to him. A Train showed his usefulness now but it wont last. This is my opinion of the situation. I'm not lecturing you.

It's not a big issue for me. I'm over it. 

19 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

It's not a big issue for me. I'm over it. 

Great

Moving on. I don't know if it's just me but Erin Moriarty (Starlight) looks off to me. There is something in here eyes like they are sunken or something. She has looked different to me in some way all season. It's know judgment but I just can't tell if I'm just off or not. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Great

Moving on. I don't know if it's just me but Erin Moriarty (Starlight) looks off to me. There is something in here eyes like they are sunken or something. She has looked different to me in some way all season. It's know judgment but I just can't tell if I'm just off or not. 

Agreed. Something is definitely off and I can’t put my finger on it. It was really highlighted when they showed her in flashbacks. 

It seems like the actress has gotten thinner. At least her face has. She looked really young and childlike, with chubby cheeks, and all in S1 and S2. Pure, innocent, a little like a doll. Perhaps they were going for that look because her mother had made her into an "All American Doll?" Now, with a leaner look, she seems more adult.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I forget why A Train lost his powers.  Is he trying to do anything about it?  At this point, membership in the Seven seems largely just a figurehead position.  The team doesn’t seem to actually do anything… we haven’t seen them in action at all this season. 

Can someone please explain why the name “Ben”  is a reference to “Dark Angel”.   Is there a producer connection?  It could just be a name, or is it his name in the comics.  To show that Countess and he are on a first name basis.   Starlight and Supersonic called each other Annie and Alex to show that they “know” each other out of costume.  Was there a lot of analysis here as to why he was named Alex?

19 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I thought she seemed genuinely surprised to learn he was alive?

1 minute ago, blackwing said:

Can someone please explain why the name “Ben”  is a reference to “Dark Angel”.   Is there a producer connection?  It could just be a name, or is it his name in the comics.  To show that Countess and he are on a first name basis.   Starlight and Supersonic called each other Annie and Alex to show that they “know” each other out of costume.  Was there a lot of analysis here as to why he was named Alex?

One of Jensen’s characters on Dark Angel was named Ben.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, blackwing said:

The whole point of Crimson in those scenes were to demonstrate that she knew. She said she knew. She also didn't care and was glad he was locked up. Her shock was that he got out. She asked if he got out with zero shock.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
On 6/17/2022 at 8:31 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

If Homelander literally could smell Butcher all over Maeve because they did the deed, that's pretty gross. So I hope he was just being figurative.

I just assumed Homelander has a heightened sense of smell, but Butcher could be pretty smelly. He doesn’t seem to brush his hair.

• LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

forget why A Train lost his powers.  Is he trying to do anything about it?  At this point, membership in the Seven seems largely just a figurehead position.  The team doesn’t seem to actually do anything… we haven’t seen them in action at all this season. 

S1 finale fight between A Train and Starlight when Hughie, Frenchie and MM are trying to escape. Starlight shocked him and stopped his heart. I think that plus the V Addiction did major damage to his heart.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Can someone please explain why the name “Ben”  is a reference to “Dark Angel”.   Is there a producer connection?

Jensen played Alec and his evil identical twin brother Ben on Dark Angel. 

That being said, Ben is his name in the comics so any parallels to JA's previous work is just coincidental.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Regarding Soldier Boy's new powers, I read an interview with one of the writers (I can't find it unfortunately) in which they spelled out WAY too much information on what he does.  This was published right after episode 4, so all the audience had to go on at that point was Kimiko wasn't healing.  Spoiler tags because it annoyed me to find out ahead of time:

Besides the explosion and radiation, SB's boom removes compound V from nearby supes, so supposedly it's a permanent depowering. 

I'm not sure I completely understand how that works.  Current supes don't have to keep ingesting V, so I didn't realize they had any remaining in their systems  I'm sure this will all be explained satisfactorily (Press X to doubt)

• Useful 1
On 6/17/2022 at 3:46 AM, MAK said:

I haven't seen anything with Paul Reiser since Mad About You, and what a great re-introduction! He was awesome as the Legend!

I wonder what the stories are behind all the supes and drug addiction.  Just having nothing to do with too much fame and fortune leading to excess? 

Paul Reiser is also in Stranger Things and the Kominsky Method.

This seemed like the episode where everyone got called by their first name, not their Supe name.  Maeve called Homelander John and he objected.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Who messed up Black Noir in Nicaragua?

I thought he was hit by one of the first bombs the Russians were dropping, not fighting. It was a surprise attack, he didn't even have time to put on his helmet. 

1 hour ago, MAK said:

I thought he was hit by one of the first bombs the Russians were dropping, not fighting. It was a surprise attack, he didn't even have time to put on his helmet. 

The Russian part was planned by Vought they were all in on it. I can't see how Edger would arrange a deal with the Russians that could have potentially gotten him killed as collateral damage. 

Hell, what originally looked like Supes being incompetent killing indiscriminately could have been the plan to eliminate witnesses and Mallory survived by sheer luck. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hell, what originally looked like Supes being incompetent killing indiscriminately could have been the plan to eliminate witnesses and Mallory survived by sheer luck. 

I'm now thinking that this was the case.

11 hours ago, blackwing said:

I forget why A Train lost his powers.  Is he trying to do anything about it?  At this point, membership in the Seven seems largely just a figurehead position.  The team doesn’t seem to actually do anything… we haven’t seen them in action at all this season. 

I think Edgar has stopped trying to make the team useful for anything--such as search and rescue, or covert ops. Occasionally send in Black Noir, perhaps. I think the idea is to do the movies and set pieces, like rescuing a suicide, which should have been a no brainer.' So A train, who still has his powers but can't use them, is still useful as a well known guy who can do  pepsi commercials. I think that explains Deep's wife being with him all the time. The Deep would never have rejoined the Seven without her along, she guarantees his behavior and she probably brings some things from notscientology that we will see in the future. Neither of them will be called upon to rescue a group of people, so it is OK.

I think the Countess was genuinely surprised to learn Soldier Boy was free and had left Russia.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, blackwing said:

I don't think that he lost his powers but rather he can't utilize his powers without possibly dying from heart failure.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The Russian part was planned by Vought they were all in on it. I can't see how Edger would arrange a deal with the Russians that could have potentially gotten him killed as collateral damage.

I imagined that Stan Edgar as a lower level employee than the CEO badass we know probably didn't have any say in the matter. The higher-ups of the time made the deal I would think. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
35 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I think Edgar has stopped trying to make the team useful for anything--such as search and rescue, or covert ops. Occasionally send in Black Noir, perhaps. I think the idea is to do the movies and set pieces, like rescuing a suicide, which should have been a no brainer.'

Stan Edgar is pivoting. If I recall correctly, in Season 1, Stillwell was negotiating with cities to pay for Supe crime prevention, and getting the DoD to pay them for Supe military missions. From my POV, Stan Edgar is saying fuck all of that. Sending supes out to do supe stuff is not going to be the main bread and butter of the company, the selling of Compound V is. The supes are nothing more than a live demonstration of how Compound V works. The company's bread and butter, thanks to Homelander releasing Compound V out into the wild, is selling one-time use Compound V and getting lucrative contracts and recurring revenue from that.

The supes, movies, and merchandise help to push the Compound V, and nothing more. Homelander and this group of 7 idiots are no longer the most valuable asset but Compound V is.

44 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I think the Countess was genuinely surprised to learn Soldier Boy was free and had left Russia.

Agreed!

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/17/2022 at 1:13 AM, mac123x said:

I stopped watching Supernatural around season 7, so I forgot how good an actor Jensen Ackles is.  That scene with CC was heartbreaking.  I also liked his quick reaction to seeing Jim Beaver on a poster.

What popped up behind Maeve at the end of her conversation with Homelander?  Was that Black Noir? 

Yes I think that it was Black Noir who appears to have Ninja skills. I agree it will be interesting to see where his allegiances are. He seemed to be Stan's man above all but may be equally afraid of Homelander at the moment or under orders to go with the flow.

I don't think SB was as awful as his team says. He was an entitled white make with superpowers. He seemed like a fun party guy.He currently has rage issues and PTSD which is maybe justified and also problematic for obvious reasons.

His team hated him IMO because they were less powerful and disloyal. They all had pretty terrible powers.

Taking the rest to Speculation:

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 5:33 PM, ILoveReading said:

It's possible Edgar/Vought have been trying to get supes into the military for decades.   We saw from MM's wall that Soldier Boy probably had more collateral damage than he did saves and was probably becoming a liability.  So Edgar probably saw turning Soldier Boy over to the Russians as a win/win.   If Russia can make a few supes they would have to choice but to send their own supes.    Soldier Boy didn't seem to have the chest blasts when he was captured. 

Or maybe Edgar/Vought weren't involved at all.  Maybe after they were attacked, Crimson Countess saw a way to get rid of him and told the Russians, leave me alive, and I'll give you the real prize, type Dean. 

For Homelander getting depowered and being a regular person would be worse than death.  We already saw fear in Homelander after he heard the reports.    So Im hoping this is what will happen.   I think Antony would be great at portraying a Homelander who last everything.   We 

For Kimiko, I think she is going to realize that powers aren't all that bad.   We saw Frenchie not come back, and Kimiko is going to be powerless (literally and figuratively) to help him.  So I can see her taking temp V.  

I wonder if MM will hold on to his principals or if he was consider temp V to level the playing field with Soldier Boy. 

Imagine Homelander with a scarred face like BN.

Imagine him in bed like SF.

Edited by Castiels Cat
On 6/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, PWHCHCH said:

Agreed. Something is definitely off and I can’t put my finger on it. It was really highlighted when they showed her in flashbacks. 

I think she injected herself and it threw her face off

17 hours ago, MAK said:

He should have healed; he's a supe.

He didn't therefore I assume he was hit with whatever they used to knock out SB and eventually torture him with... except SB is unaffected and absorbed it. He became the weapon himself.

My question is did Voight anticipate this. They clearly knew which is why the intel was passed to the Boys when Homelander was going off the rails.

16 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not Black Noir which suggests he was loyal to SB. If he was in on it he would have worn the helmet.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just had a thought.  Who messed up Black Noir in Nicaragua? I mean I could see Soldier Boy but then he wouldn't have thought Countess would rescue him if they all turned on him and he had to fight them.

I assume it was the Russian weapon because he didn't heal. See spec elsewhere in this thread. Also assume he was not in on it because he refused to wear his helmet. 

1 hour ago, Castiels Cat said:

His team hated him IMO because they were less powerful and disloyal. They all had pretty terrible powers.

I think they hated him not because of disloyalty or that their powers were worse than SB’s, but because he was a dick who also happened to be more powerful. He was a dick they were powerless to do anything about than to deal with it in silent dread.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

He was a dick they were powerless to do anything about than to deal with it in silent dread.

Much like Homelander. They do keep saying he was Homelander before Homelander. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

He should have healed; he's a supe.

Do all supes heal? Depending on their power, there must be a limit on what can regenerate. Stormfront obviously didn't grow back limbs or new skin for the burns on her face. 

5 minutes ago, MAK said:

Do all supes heal? Depending on their power, there must be a limit on what can regenerate. Stormfront obviously didn't grow back limbs or new skin for the burns on her face. 

I wonder if she would have, given a couple of hundred years. 

23 minutes ago, MAK said:

And A-Train can't heal his own heart.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Not Black Noir which suggests he was loyal to SB. If he was in on it he would have worn the helmet.

Black Noir was in on it. The conversation between Noir and Edger confirmed it. Noir was the one to say everyone but Gun Powder would go along.

Noir was fighting to keep the mask off he wanted to be the face of Payback. So I could see him going into battle without the mask because he hated it. I can also see Vought/Edgar taking advantage of that to get the "talent" to follow the plan.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1