Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: All Roads Lead to Gaisy

• Start Topic

On 6/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, Jack Sampson said:

Jessica, Madison, Sierra, Magda, Rhylee, Anastasia - a few others but those are the ones I remember from the Reddit thread.

Not a woman, but Emile from BD (the one who wanted Rocky) is also on OF.

• Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, lcarolynl said:

I loved this season! I loved these hard working, hard partying, good natured, nice people working to create beautiful experiences for their guests! Damn, compare and contrast with the screeching, bitching, beautiful women who contribute nothing to the universe but conflict. Give me Below Deck any day!!

This season was so nice with so much laughter and good feelings. I laughed out loud ever single week at the silliness of these guys. 

The three guys in the cabin were so much fun to watch have fun themselves. You could tell they all really liked each other. Marcos had the hardest job on the whole ship IMO. His department was responsible for at least 1/3 of the guest's enjoyment of their charter. Day after day he pushed himself to produce excellent meals and I think he succeeded every charter. He definitely has my respect. It seems most of the good chefs impress me (Bru Crew Kevin might be a good chef, and it's debatable, can go to hell and I'm fine) and Marcos deserves his place of honor. I think he emerged from this season a seasoned chef (see what I did there?). He improved as a chef and as a person. I think he found a happiness in his friendships that he didn't even know he was missing.

Gary is the glue that holds this crew together. He is Mr. Fun. He is blessed with a personality that can lighten any dark or dimming mood. It's easy to point out his weaker spots but his strengths are big enough to make up for his weaknesses. He genuine and vulnerable.

When Gary carried Daisy to her bed I "got it", I saw why so many guys are attracted to her. She was drunk, holding her water bottle for dear life, and laughing. She messaged FUN! She looked like any sexy times would be filled with laughter and fun and that's attractive! She's also a competent department head and that might be intimidating to some guys. Professionally she grew during this season as well. She didn't want to assume the mantle of her authority and speak to Gabriella after the Villa debacle to providing clear and direct expectations for Ashley allowing her to see success. 

Please Bravo Lords, I beg of you to bring back Daisy, Glenn, Gary, and Colin. They are providing the best entertainment on the Bravo network from my perspective. 

This was a favorite season for me. I would definitely work with Gary, Glenn, Daisy and Colin. I hope they come back for another season. I'd even like to hate on Ashley some more. She seemed competent enough at the end. I wasn't sure why all the women were hot for Gary, but I have a feeling he'd have your back, a true friend.

Also that slap fight with the guys was just so fun. I loved it.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 7
(edited)

I guess these were all one and done stews.

Rhylee was deck crew and she was on two seasons. And there have been several stews who came back for a second season besides the chief stew, although it was more common in the early seasons of BD.

It was kind of dumb to pretend Ashley could add her new "promotion" to her CV. As if anyone who watched this season would ever hire her.

I never want to see Ashley again, and Gabriela clearly wasn't cut out for this. I wouldn't mind seeing Scarlett again, she had the good taste not to make out with Gary.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/23/2022 at 6:41 PM, lcarolynl said:

Please Bravo Lords, I beg of you to bring back Daisy, Glenn, Gary, and Colin. They are providing the best entertainment on the Bravo network from my perspective. 

I'm with you--I'd say Marcos too, obviously, except that it's clear he's done.  I especially need a good crew here because I'm not watching Med as long as Sandy and Malia are there.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Is it just me or did Gary become sort of likeable this season?

Even Daisy seems to tolerate him.

I was impressed about how caring he was to Marcos when he got the news that his friend's Mom had passed. 

He might have hidden depths that the editing just glosses over in favor of stupid crew tricks.

• Love 4

Is it just me or did Gary become sort of likeable this season?

I still find him way too aggressive with the stews; he's a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. He made a beeline towards Scarlett the moment she set foot on ship. Now, maybe one could argue she encouraged it at the beginning but she eventually put a stop to it and he still kept pursuing her. I don't think it's cute. Yeah his antics with the other dudes are fun and I'm sure he just considers himself a flirtatious person, but it's a little too much.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I still find him way too aggressive with the stews; he's a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. He made a beeline towards Scarlett the moment she set foot on ship. Now, maybe one could argue she encouraged it at the beginning but she eventually put a stop to it and he still kept pursuing her. I don't think it's cute. Yeah his antics with the other dudes are fun and I'm sure he just considers himself a flirtatious person, but it's a little too much.

Amen!
I cannot stand of Gary, he behaves like a 13 years old boy who just discovered how it is to feel horny.
And the worst part of all of this is that most of the girls give in to his.. hornyness like if he is some kind of supreme sexy male. No he is not, it is just tv and the girls do it for the reality of it. The whole thing looks ridiculous and demeaning: every woman who joins the crew must endure Gary's "flirting". There is nothing charming about it, it feels so cheep.
I am glad the Australian BD stayed out of this "sexploitation".

• Love 2
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I really appreciate this forum- everyone's comments and opinions are respected, even when people disagree.  I expressed a similar feeling about Gary coming on too strong in the workplace and that may be problematic in the future or in a different, non reality show setting, in the reddit sub and I was downvoted to oblivion.  I'm not anti-Gary at all, but I found a few of his scenes cringeworthy (I'm aware that we see an edited version).  He is better than last season, but I would love to see him slow his roll.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I really appreciate this forum- everyone's comments and opinions are respected, even when people disagree.  I expressed a similar feeling about Gary coming on too strong in the workplace and that may be problematic in the future or in a different, non reality show setting, in the reddit sub and I was downvoted to oblivion.  I'm not anti-Gary at all, but I found a few of his scenes cringeworthy (I'm aware that we see an edited version).  He is better than last season, but I would love to see him slow his roll.

I think that Gary is the best of the bosun's we have seen in all of the various series. He is nowhere as aggressive with women as Ashton or Kelly from the original Below Deck. Nor was he as big a jerk as Jao or a snitch and backstabber like Malia. In both series a woman pursued him first. He made the mistake of hooking up with them because it was easy but he actually preferred a different person and thus the conflict ensued. Reality show gold.

He seems to have a good relationship with his deck crew and knows what he is doing. No hatred of him like Eddie had last season or the young dude who hooked up with Hannah.

I would prefer Gary over any of the other bosun's on any of the other itineration's of this franchise.

Edited by john Allday
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, john Allday said:

He is nowhere as aggressive with women as Ashton or Kelly from the original Below Deck.

I agree. Gary's a harmless flirt. I see no aggressiveness at all. If anything, he's the one who was pursued, last year with Sydney and this year by Ashley. Yes, he can be a little cheesy and ham handed at times with the flirting but it's all fun for him and he doesn't get all angry & violent when it's not reciprocated (like Ashton, Kelly, Bryan and this season's Tom).

Gary's appeal is that he makes people feel good about themselves so they want to be around him. Not just women, we see it with Captain Glenn, Colin, Marcos, etc. As I mentioned in that episode thread, the way he supported Marcos when he received the bad news from home showed me exactly why people are so drawn to Gary. I, for one, really enjoy him on the show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5