Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: All Roads Lead to Gaisy

• Start Topic

As the guests return from the wedding ceremony, the crew tries to cap off a great season with the perfect reception dinner. While Marcos strives to wow the guests with his best meal yet, time is running out and he still has to add the finishing touches on the wedding cake. Daisy puts Ashley in charge of the final dinner service to see if she’s finally ready for a promotion. Gary and Scarlett try to savor what little time they have left. Once the guests depart, the crew tries to enjoy one last night together as Gary looks for the perfect stew to end his season with.

Airdate: 06/20/2022

(edited)

I’m happy this season is finally over. I know we have the reunion shows remaining, however it seemed like this season and episodes took forever and a day.

Edited by APK
  • Love 3
(edited)

Marcos and Colin both made me cry - they truly seem so genuine. 

I loved what they both had to say about this season's crew and the season overall.  I also loved seeing the montage of the three of them "gigglies"!!  I think Marcos, Colin and Gary have established a true, longlasting friendship.  Soooo much better than the mysoginistic group on BD Original Season 7's "bru crew".  

Marcos may have become my favorite Below Deck chef ever - so sorry, Ben and Rachel!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 19
34 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Marcos and Colin both made me cry - they truly seem so genuine. 

I loved what they both had to say about this season's crew and the season overall.  I also loved seeing the montage of the three of them "gigglies"!!  I think Marcos, Colin and Gary have established a true, longlasting friendsh Damnip.  Soooo much better than the mysoginistic group on BD Original Season 7's "bru crew".  

Marcos may have become my favorite Below Deck chef ever - so sorry, Ben and Rachel!  

Marcos is my favorite too. Damn that man can cook.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SHERMDOG said:

Ashley's "GRILLED CHEESE" was ridicous!! I have been trashed NUMEROUS times but I definately have never been so trashed I make a freaking sandwich like she did. Disgusting!!!

I've never been that trashed.

• Love 5

boring finale, boring season.

Scarlett says Gary is too much drama whereas a couple of episodes age she couldn’t stay away from him.  Like she could turn it on and off.

Daisy is so fit?  Not in that bikini.

Sounds like they're planning to have a few of the crew back.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

British version of "fit" = hot or sexy. Not US version meaning physically in shape, well toned, etc.

I love your avatar. Come sit next to me for some tea and gossip.

I think Gary and Daisy could have a life together. Scarlett was an interesting side but really a no. Captain Glenn is probably my favourite captain.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Unlike the other BD captains, Glenn doesn't have his own suite and must share a tiny space with idiots like Tom the Vomiter. How is it that Glenn manages to be the most agreeable of all the captains? His attitude is remarkable.

How much do a real bosun and chief stew make in a year? They celebrate the big tips, but those tips alone aren't much money to fund a life. (Especially if they spend much of them on booze and meals and random shopping.) A friend was a chief purser on a massive cruise line, and now in his retirement he is struggling to make ends meet. He never received benefits such as health insurance. He thought that saving on housing and meals and such over the years would compensate, but nope.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

It seemed like Ashely got something of a redemption edit towards the end of the season. I don't know if it was deserved but it's the story they wanted to tell. I almost feel sorry for the girl, she clearly has some self-esteem issues and I don't think being on a reality show will help in the long run.

It seems like we're going to be stuck with Gary for the foreseeable future and that's too bad because his schtick has gotten really old. Gary the designated horndog who chases after everything in a skirt is boring. The show is determined to craft a narrative around that and it dominates the whole show.

There was an odd lack of story for Barnaby and I don't know why. There seemed to be a hint of an interest in Daisy on his part but the show never really covered it. Maybe it's because they were so focused on Gary's antics with Scarlett and Daisy, or maybe Barnaby wasn't giving them enough material. But I can't remember a comparable situation where a young, fit, male deckhand wasn't constantly being prodded by producers to express an interest in one of the female crew before. 

It's too bad Marcos won't be back but he's really too good for this show. Our loss. I'm not sure I'd eat at his restaurant, truth be told, his food is probably a little too fancy for me.

• Love 9

I'll watch the next season with Glenn's dream team, as he called it - he, Daisy, Colin and Gary.

If production would relieve Gary of the aging, messy-man-bunned horndog burden, it would be a huge improvement. He and Colin are very good at their jobs, and I'd like to see more of them working and teaching the younger staff. How funny that their bunk bed antics were more interesting than Gary trailing drunkenly after women. Gary made so many clumsy efforts at flirting that it was embarrassing (and clearly producer-driven). Gary: "I'm exhausted and want some sleep. Oh shit they're insisting I go find someone to kiss."

Barnaby is a character with a sharp wit. Wasted opportunity not to feature him more.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I'm sad the season is over. Captain Glenn is my absolute favorite and this crew (minus Ashley) was a great group that I enjoyed watching.

It was a good season.  Even with the cringe with Ashley. I enjoyed it.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I'll watch the next season with Glenn's dream team, as he called it - he, Daisy, Colin and Gary.

If production would relieve Gary of the aging, messy-man-bunned horndog burden, it would be a huge improvement. He and Colin are very good at their jobs, and I'd like to see more of them working and teaching the younger staff. How funny that their bunk bed antics were more interesting than Gary trailing drunkenly after women. Gary made so many clumsy efforts at flirting that it was embarrassing (and clearly producer-driven). Gary: "I'm exhausted and want some sleep. Oh shit they're insisting I go find someone to kiss."

Barnaby is a character with a sharp wit. Wasted opportunity not to feature him more.

When things happen, Gary and Colin know what to do. I have so much appreciation for that. Daisy gets things done. Barnaby, I liked. He wasn't getting the sexy times he wanted. I want to eat everything Marcos makes.

• Love 14

I’m going to say that of all the Below Deck Franchises, the Glenn, Collin, Gary & Daisy crew are the most likable. Have never like Captain Sandy & Malia & Captain Lee & Eddie have outlived my interest.  Captain Lee seemed so “done” & verging on being a curmudgeon last season & Eddie seemed incompetent at times.

• Love 18

Glenn’s confusion with the tequila shot had me laughing so hard.  And Barbary should be asked back for his use of “that’s what she said”.   Really enjoyed the friendship between the guys and hope Marcos changes his mind and comes back next year.

• Love 5

I am truly going to miss seeing Colin and Marcos on my tv every Monday evening.  The hotness and the accents started my week right.  

So Daisy is the ultimate prize?  Why?  Because she drinks like a sailor?  I don't get it.  Of course, I also don't get why Daisy drinks like a sailor on every crew night out, gets so drunk she allegedly doesn't remember everything and then wakes the next morning with a terrible hangover.  In my early twenties, I could shake off a hangover fairly easily but by the time you hit 30 or so, it's not so easy and you generally learn that drinking to that extent is not a great idea.  Obviously Daisy hasn't gotten that memo.  Nor has Gary.  

So Gary was way into Scarlett two weeks ago and now he's just "see ya" and that's that?  Um, okay.  

Of course Ashley thinks she's being so cool by being dismissive of Gary but then she points out how she's being dismissive, which obliterates any cool factor associated with it and makes her seem more like a 14-year-old.  

Thanks so much, production, for making sure we got another gross drunk Ashley eating scene.  Good Lord, that girl is nasty when she drunk eats.  Was it Colin that said she ate like a caveman?  About right.  She's lucky she didn't slam a tit in that panini maker and grill it up by accident.  

I guess Glenn didn't need crew, other than Gary, since the boat was already in Spain?  

Can someone more intelligent than I am please explain why they have the crew depart the boat one at a time?  Surely if they were all headed to the airport, they'd go together, right?  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Can someone more intelligent than I am please explain why they have the crew depart the boat one at a time?  Surely if they were all headed to the airport, they'd go together, right?  

I'm not more intelligent than anyone but unless they're all getting a flight out around the same time there's no reason to leave together. Or they just leave the boat that way for the production crew and meet up 5 minutes later as they did on one season of BD where they were all off on vacation together.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m going to say that of all the Below Deck Franchises, the Glenn, Collin, Gary & Daisy crew are the most likable. Have never like Captain Sandy & Malia & Captain Lee & Eddie have outlived my interest.  Captain Lee seemed so “done” & verging on being a curmudgeon last season & Eddie seemed incompetent at times.

I've been seeing ads for the Sandy version. Nope.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Thanks so much, production, for making sure we got another gross drunk Ashley eating scene.  Good Lord, that girl is nasty when she drunk eats.  Was it Colin that said she ate like a caveman?  About right.  She's lucky she didn't slam a tit in that panini maker and grill it up by accident.

Bwah! That really was something else, she made a colossal mess out of that panini press. What she was making looked totally inedible. 

Can someone more intelligent than I am please explain why they have the crew depart the boat one at a time?

I'm certain that's meant for out benefit so each one gets a special goodbye scene with closing comments. Notice they leave in the order of seniority. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Yeah that has always been convention with Real World and other reality shows having individual cast members getting sendoffs.

Also a good way to fill time, which just goes to show how much little substance they have.

The antics in the van and the 3 guys slapping each other are purely playing to the cameras.  These aren't 20-year old frat boys.

After the initial success of the BD shows, each new cast member knows they have to be outrageous and silly on camera, whether drunk or not.

They're probably made aware during the casting process that they're expected to be loud and noticeable on camera.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, aghst said:

The antics in the van and the 3 guys slapping each other are purely playing to the cameras.  These aren't 20-year old frat boys.

Yeah, even though it was only water (kinda spitty water when it game out of Gary's mouth) I felt bad for the van drivers (and camerafolk too if they were in there rather than just fixed cameras).  That's just gross.  Though the giggle gang was more organic and cute.

IIRC, on the occasions that two of the crew are a "couple" of sorts and plan to do stuff together, they leave at the same time.  Yes, it's planned and by seniority.  

Another lovely setting for their pre-dinner (?) and dinner.  I love Glenn and how he cracks himself up in the talking heads.  

• Love 6
12 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It seemed like Ashely got something of a redemption edit towards the end of the season. I don't know if it was deserved but it's the story they wanted to tell. I almost feel sorry for the girl, she clearly has some self-esteem issues and I don't think being on a reality show will help in the long run.

Neither will OnlyFans but at least she's getting paid there.  There are quite a few BD girls on OF and I'm not sure that's a good thing.  I don't want the motivation of every girl getting on BD to be a sex worker.  Except Ashley, she was built for it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Like a cake that’s been in the oven too long, you can stick a fork in this season finale – it’s done.

Marcos went from zero to hero for me during this season.  At first I thought he was just a food truck chef with no prospects.  But he really proved himself and came to be exceptional – perhaps the best chef on any BD series.

Captain Glenn was the class act as always – responsible, personable, etc.

Good heavens, I wonder what the cab cleanup must have cost after the crew had their last dinner?  Really inconsiderate from a group that has to clean up messes for a living.

That grilled cheese recipe is… interesting… no, disgusting.  Yes, that’s it, disgusting!

When you’re so drunk that slapping each other in the face is fun…

Glenn’s assessment of the previous night:  “It looks like the Hindenburg collided with the Titanic.”

Gary:  “The sexual tension is undeniable.”  Only with you, Gary, only with you.  And after all that, he still didn’t get lucky.

So what can I say about this season:  I laughed, I cried, bust mostly I slept.  And yet, looking forward to the next one.  (:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I am truly going to miss seeing Colin and Marcos on my tv every Monday evening.  The hotness and the accents started my week right.  

So Daisy is the ultimate prize?  Why?  Because she drinks like a sailor?  I don't get it.  Of course, I also don't get why Daisy drinks like a sailor on every crew night out, gets so drunk she allegedly doesn't remember everything and then wakes the next morning with a terrible hangover.  In my early twenties, I could shake off a hangover fairly easily but by the time you hit 30 or so, it's not so easy and you generally learn that drinking to that extent is not a great idea.  Obviously Daisy hasn't gotten that memo.  Nor has Gary.  

So Gary was way into Scarlett two weeks ago and now he's just "see ya" and that's that?  Um, okay.  

Of course Ashley thinks she's being so cool by being dismissive of Gary but then she points out how she's being dismissive, which obliterates any cool factor associated with it and makes her seem more like a 14-year-old.  

I guess Glenn didn't need crew, other than Gary, since the boat was already in Spain?  

Have you never met reality tv?

• LOL 1

After Barnaby not having it when someone accidentally called him Barnabus, I wonder what he thinks of his new moniker, Barnacle?  😂

I thought Ashley was going to start a fire making the grilled cheese sandwiches, especially after Glenn said, "Just don't burn the boat down."  I had a feeling that she would forget to unplug it or something.  Nope.  Just made a huge mess and somehow made us all NOT crave a grilled cheese sandwich (something I formerly thought would be impossible to do).

Happy Sailings until the reunion!

• Fire 1
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Another lovely setting for their pre-dinner (?) and dinner. 

yeah I've never had "drinks and (heavy) apps at one table and then dinner at another at the same venue. That was kind of odd.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I know, it is strange that they leave the boat solo, walk down the pier to a cab then off to the airport...maybe it is because they are all flying to the four corners of the earth and their flights really do leave at different times but mostly it has got to be for the camera and in reality there are crew vans waiting at the marina where they hang out until they are all off the boat.

• Love 2

I admit I have a crush on Captain Glenn. He wouldn't be someone I would automatically be attracted to, but his personality is awesome and I would be hooked. Sad that Marcos is leaving, but what a fantastic opportunity to run his own kitchen. Gary..his man whoring days are getting old, but I do like him and he doesn't seem to have a mean bone in him. Ashley..lordy..I am an ugly crier but she tops me with the ugly drunk eater. This season did seem super long and I almost forgot it started with Gabby, Daisy and Ashley

• Like 2
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

After Barnaby not having it when someone accidentally called him Barnabus, I wonder what he thinks of his new moniker, Barnacle?  😂

I think he was probably okay because it was a cute (and sea-themed) intentional nickname rather than his crush Daisy not even getting his name right.

And when he watched back and saw Colin asking Daisy "How's our little turd [Ashley] doing?" he probably thanked his lucky...starfish!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I admit I have a crush on Captain Glenn. He wouldn't be someone I would automatically be attracted to, but his personality is awesome and I would be hooked. Sad that Marcos is leaving, but what a fantastic opportunity to run his own kitchen. Gary..his man whoring days are getting old, but I do like him and he doesn't seem to have a mean bone in him. Ashley..lordy..I am an ugly crier but she tops me with the ugly drunk eater. This season did seem super long and I almost forgot it started with Gabby, Daisy and Ashley

I would tower over Captain Glenn. Still love him. Love Marcos, so anything for him I approve.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Jessica, Madison, Sierra, Magda, Rhylee, Anastasia - a few others but those are the ones I remember from the Reddit thread

not that I remember most of these people but I find this really sad. There must be better ways to earn a living. Ok, I'm old.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Jessica, Madison, Sierra, Magda, Rhylee, Anastasia - a few others but those are the ones I remember from the Reddit thread.

Ugh, for some reason I expected better of Rhylee. 

This explains a lot, though, in terms of how Bravo casts these shows. I mean, they are basically  looking for attractive young women willing to get naked and have sex on camera. That's it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, aghst said:

Does being on OF definitely mean they're at least getting naked?

Or maybe they just do bra and panties?

No it doesn't mean that they 100% get naked but most of it is naked bodies or at a minimum underwear although learning from a documentary I watched on Netflix (?) it ranges from underwear to hardcore porn.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

No it doesn't mean that they 100% get naked but most of it is naked bodies or at a minimum underwear although learning from a documentary I watched on Netflix (?) it ranges from underwear to hardcore porn.

Yeah I understand it could be hardcore porn.

But if these women want to do more reality TV in the future, they should know better than to go that far.

(edited)
8 hours ago, mytmo said:

I would love to see a show with a competition made up of BD chefs like Ben, Rachel, Marcos.

And Adrian!

I can’t get rid of these mice!! Sorry!!

image.png

image.png

Edited by lcarolynl
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, aghst said:

Does being on OF definitely mean they're at least getting naked?

Or maybe they just do bra and panties?

The ones I listed (and those were just in one Reddit thread) are all naked - at least boobs.  I doubt a Z-list BD celebrity is going to make money selling bikini shots.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

The ones I listed (and those were just in one Reddit thread) are all naked - at least boobs.  I doubt a Z-list BD celebrity is going to make money selling bikini shots.

I could probably make money. Shows my boobs, and money would fly in to make it go away.

• LOL 6

I loved this season! I loved these hard working, hard partying, good natured, nice people working to create beautiful experiences for their guests! Damn, compare and contrast with the screeching, bitching, beautiful women who contribute nothing to the universe but conflict. Give me Below Deck any day!!

This season was so nice with so much laughter and good feelings. I laughed out loud ever single week at the silliness of these guys. 

The three guys in the cabin were so much fun to watch have fun themselves. You could tell they all really liked each other. Marcos had the hardest job on the whole ship IMO. His department was responsible for at least 1/3 of the guest's enjoyment of their charter. Day after day he pushed himself to produce excellent meals and I think he succeeded every charter. He definitely has my respect. It seems most of the good chefs impress me (Bru Crew Kevin might be a good chef, and it's debatable, can go to hell and I'm fine) and Marcos deserves his place of honor. I think he emerged from this season a seasoned chef (see what I did there?). He improved as a chef and as a person. I think he found a happiness in his friendships that he didn't even know he was missing.

Gary is the glue that holds this crew together. He is Mr. Fun. He is blessed with a personality that can lighten any dark or dimming mood. It's easy to point out his weaker spots but his strengths are big enough to make up for his weaknesses. He genuine and vulnerable.

When Gary carried Daisy to her bed I "got it", I saw why so many guys are attracted to her. She was drunk, holding her water bottle for dear life, and laughing. She messaged FUN! She looked like any sexy times would be filled with laughter and fun and that's attractive! She's also a competent department head and that might be intimidating to some guys. Professionally she grew during this season as well. She didn't want to assume the mantle of her authority and speak to Gabriella after the Villa debacle to providing clear and direct expectations for Ashley allowing her to see success. 

Please Bravo Lords, I beg of you to bring back Daisy, Glenn, Gary, and Colin. They are providing the best entertainment on the Bravo network from my perspective. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8