Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: It's You

• Start Topic

Victor makes his choice between Benji and Rahim.. Mia and Andrew reunite with her estranged mother to get answers. Felix and Pilar begin their new romance, while Lake and Lucy spend the night getting closer.

I am going to be really disappointed if the move to Disney+ in the US doesn't result in the season dropping on Aus Disney+ the same day and with all episodes. Fingers crossed I get home from work and it is there waiting to be viewed. 

I honestly thought Lake and Lucy got together last season. I guess cause the chemistry is good and they're cute together. I realize that Victor and Benji are probably endgame but I'm just so meh on Benji. I guess I'm supposed to hate Mia's mother because she left, but she's a person too. It wasn't right to just leave her daughter but seems like she got no support from the dad for her dreams. She's supposed to just not take a job she already has lined up to move back right away? Not realistic. You can work on a relationship without it being all or nothing. People aren't perfect.

So again, Felix has to hide a relationship. Doesn't sit right. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, festivus said:

I realize that Victor and Benji are probably endgame but I'm just so meh on Benji.

I feel the same way, I know the show wants me to see the two of them as OTP but I honestly was hoping the door he ran to was Rahim's or maybe even just an empty home cause honestly I think Victor needs some time to process being out and gay without an accessory in his life. I know it goes against the grain of every teen drama, but it is ok to be a teen and be single.

I forgot how much I enjoy the way this show brings up a drama and then addresses it straight away. Most teen dramas would have milked at least one more episode of Benji hiding his relapse from his parents for the drama but this show is nope let's move it forward like real life.

13 hours ago, festivus said:

I honestly thought Lake and Lucy got together last season. I guess cause the chemistry is good and they're cute together.

They might be cute together but I'm already bored. But that may be because while I can tolerate Lake I just don't really care that much about her.  And this episode really showed me that, I only cared about her cause she was with Felix - a character whose journey I'm hooked on. The relationship also feels like they are borrowing quite heavily from Leah On The Offbeat (the book sequel to Book Simonand I wasn't a fan of that book so may be projecting some of my indifference onto Lake/Lucy.

I just hope this season isn't going to be about the characters having adventures as isolated couples like this episode was. I enjoy ensemble dramas when the ensemble are together.

They might be cute together but I'm already bored. But that may be because while I can tolerate Lake I just don't really care that much about her. 

See, I like Lake but I don't care about Lucy. They only introduced her late last season, how many episodes has she been in, one other? I don't know why I should care about her one way or another.

I'm at a table for one, I'm totally on board the Victor/Benji ship. I like Rahim but I don't see any chemistry between him and Victor and I think they just make better friends. 

I do, however, feel like Benji's problems with alcohol are sort of overwhelming the relationship and the drama it's causing is starting to feel really manufactured.

Mia's mother is Karen from 9-1-1.

On 6/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, festivus said:

I honestly thought Lake and Lucy got together last season. I guess cause the chemistry is good and they're cute together. I realize that Victor and Benji are probably endgame but I'm just so meh on Benji. I guess I'm supposed to hate Mia's mother because she left, but she's a person too. It wasn't right to just leave her daughter but seems like she got no support from the dad for her dreams. She's supposed to just not take a job she already has lined up to move back right away? Not realistic. You can work on a relationship without it being all or nothing. People aren't perfect.

So again, Felix has to hide a relationship. Doesn't sit right. 

Lake and Lucy was hinted at last season- but I was just getting vibes, not that they were official. 

I don’t hate Mia’s Mom, but I think she was a bad parent and anything Mia chooses to give her as far as a relationship is 100% a gift.

Mia’s Mom had every right to leave her husband and follow her dreams, but not seeing or talking to her daughter for YEARS?? Outside two emails (that we’ve been told)? When you choose to have children, you have a commitment to participate in the raising of them. And if you don’t, you really can’t expect any sort of relationship with them when they are adults. 

Mia’s dad being the primary caregiver-was a good idea (he was probably better at it), but she just jumped ship and stayed gone and her daughter had to go find her! I would judge her just as harshly if she were a man. 

I never thought she would move back to Creekwood for Mia, but I understood why Mia would ask, she’s 17, and hasn’t dealt with the very complex (justifiable) feelings around her Mom leaving. Her father has made a lot of mistakes (all parents make mistakes), but he has been parenting these last 5yrs. Mia is hip to her father’s faults and personality. At this point her Mom is just a memory. 

• Love 2

Glad to see the show back and I am glad that we are quickly progressing with all of the subplots. I do hope that in the future we get more of the various characters interacting and everyone isn't stuck in couples. Especially as I am not all that interested in any of the teen couples yet. I hope that Victor is just single for awhile, let him really sit on being out and getting used to that before he tries to find a boyfriend, and while I don't hate Victor/Benji, I feel like I want to know more about Benji as a real person outside of Victor's love interest. I also really liked Felix/Lake, so its going to take me a minute to get used to them with new people. 

I felt so bad for Mia as her face fell when her mom told her she couldn't move away to be closer to her. Sure its unrealistic to expect her absentee mom to suddenly want to fully committ to being a full time mom, but she's only a teenager and she got excited. I can understand Mia's mom wanting to leave her marriage if she wasn't happy and wanting to live her dreams, but there was no reason not to have any contact with Mia at all. You can be an artist and still be a parent, she didn't even need to suddenly be the primary care giver. She couldn't even come by for holidays and birthdays? Give her a call? Especially as she was apparently within driving distance of Mia and didn't bother to say hi.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

You can be an artist and still be a parent, she didn't even need to suddenly be the primary care giver. She couldn't even come by for holidays and birthdays? Give her a call? Especially as she was apparently within driving distance of Mia and didn't bother to say hi.

Yeah that’s what gets me. Mia was 12 when she left. She certainly could’ve called/FaceTimed with her on a regular basis without involving her ex-husband. Or made arrangements to have her visit her on her school breaks. I cannot imagine how Mia felt when she left like that. If kids are very small or never really have any memory of a parent being around, so long as they have loving adults in their life they are not shocked by their family structure. They may have questions as they get older, but that’s very different than being a 12yrs old girl and one of your parents (that you lived with full time) just disappears on you. 

• Love 3

I felt so bad for Mia again, both her parents suck. At least she has Andrew now, he really made a lot of progress as a person since the first season.

I am glad that Victor chose Benji, even though I sometimes roll my eyes at him. I get that they need to add drama, but couldn't they wait one more episode to keep them happy?

On 6/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, iMonrey said:

See, I like Lake but I don't care about Lucy. They only introduced her late last season, how many episodes has she been in, one other? I don't know why I should care about her one way or another.

She was in, like, 6 episodes (aka more than half the season)? She broke up with Andrew in episode 5.