Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

While I wouldn't call Kylie self-made either, the family wasn't always multi-millionaires. The house Kris and Bruce/Caitlyn lived in the first few seasons of the show was very modest, Khloe and Kourtney were sharing a house, and Kim was making a big deal about being able to buy a Bentley in which she taunted Khloe and Kourtney that they couldn't afford. She most likely used the money she got from the sex tape to buy it.

They still started off with more wealth and privilege than the average person and that bought them many opportunities to keep trying within the entertainment industry before they managed to take off. The average person can't sell their sex tape and get the opportunities that it gave Kim Kardashian. Or the average person doesn't go to school with billionaire heiresses and become friends with them, get a job organizing their closet and partying with them on the social scenes of Hollywood, meeting a lot of celebrities (and dating many of them) along the way. The point of the original poster still stands true regardless of their relative wealth from 10 years ago compared to now.

That family started from privilege because of the name and work of their father and step-father...their money may not have been close to what it is today but it's undeniable that they started with a leg up. And by the time Kylie decided to start her own business, she had already reaped the benefit of her familial connections and rise in the industry. What did she to earn co-writing a novel that went straight to print? What did she do to earn her own fashion line? Nothing. She may have used all of her own money to start Kylie Cosmetics, but all of that money was earned through opportunities handed to her because of her family name and making bank off of a reality show whose existence had nothing to do with her but she benefited from it.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

They still started off with more wealth and privilege than the average person and that bought them many opportunities to keep trying within the entertainment industry before they managed to take off. The average person can't sell their sex tape and get the opportunities that it gave Kim Kardashian.

While I agree with your first statement, remember that Kim wasn't famous when the tape came out, but Ray J was. I'm not sure it would have gotten so much attention at first if the tape had been Kim, & some guy who worked at Home Depot.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, GaT said:

While I agree with your first statement, remember that Kim wasn't famous when the tape came out, but Ray J was. I'm not sure it would have gotten so much attention at first if the tape had been Kim, & some guy who worked at Home Depot.

Would it have gotten so much attention if it was Ray J and some girl from Chick-Fil-A? Probably not. If you read the Page Six oral history of the scandal, insiders have shared that when the media was alerted to the tape, there was little interest until they started researching the vaguely familiar woman that was on the tape. Her connection to Paris Hilton, but more importantly, being the daughter to the Kardashian lawyer that represented O.J. Simpson and the step-daughter to famed Olympian Bruce Jenner is what made the story enticing. It gave the media a reason to talk about the tape...I mean, when the tape was released with the title "Kim Kardashian, Superstar", she was the part that was enticing. Ray J was the more recognizable face that made the media take a look, but it was uncovering Kim's connections in Hollywood society that became the catalyst for the gossip to continue and for the tape to eventually be released (which they say could have never happened without the signatures of the participants so the idea that the tape  could have happened without her involvement seems almost undeniably false.

• Love 9

Her giggle is so adorable. Have we seen Chicago laugh or really smile? True seems like a happy baby as well but Chicago always seems preoccupied...I genuinely can't recall if I've seen her laugh, lol.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Her giggle is so adorable. Have we seen Chicago laugh or really smile? True seems like a happy baby as well but Chicago always seems preoccupied...I genuinely can't recall if I've seen her laugh, lol.

Yeah, that giggle!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Travis seems like a really good father. That baby is holding my kids college tuition in her hand lol Stormi and Chi love those designer bags.

To be fair the babies have no idea about the bags. They would just be as happy with a $10 bag from Target.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Here is what Kylie, 21 years old, actually looks like next her sister, 39, on the premiere episode.  Yikes, y’all.

EC0EA7BC-CAF4-4CCF-9B76-FF3BAD983279.jpeg

Who sits around their house in business suits, pink hair and a face full of makeup. At 21 she should be wearing at most lipgloss and mascara. 

Kim’s hair looks like a horse taking a dump. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

When 'brows' are way above the actual brow bone they're drawn on, correct?  Nobody actually has hair that grows up there do they?

I wouldn't want to discourage Kylie from not caking on makeup and photoshopping herself to unrecognizability, but the picture on the right looks like it comes from a Shrek movie.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Frost said:

When 'brows' are way above the actual brow bone they're drawn on, correct?  Nobody actually has hair that grows up there do they?

I wouldn't want to discourage Kylie from not caking on makeup and photoshopping herself to unrecognizability, but the picture on the right looks like it comes from a Shrek movie.

I’m betting up close you can see the remnants of her real eyebrows. Even if she shaves them off every morning, by evening they start to grow back. I have very thick black Groucho Marx eyebrows. No way can I do anything other than try and keep them in check with daily plucking to keep the unibrow at bay. 

• Love 4

You know what's crazy though? When you look at her with little to no makeup she looks her age. Kylie is doing that above to herself..by plastering on foundation that is 4x darker than her skin and over enhancing her eyes and lips. When Kylie does makeup tutorials and starts off with just moisturizer you actually watch how old looking she gradually becomes as she starts piling it on.

Re: her eyebrows. There is a trick in the makeup industry that covers up your real eyebrows temporarily with a sculpting wax and concealer. This allows you to keep your eyebrows yet play around with different styles. Kylie could be doing that but I've also seen her over line/fill her eyebrows just like she does with her lips.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, howmanywords said:

You know what's crazy though? When you look at her with little to no makeup she looks her age. Kylie is doing that above to herself..by plastering on foundation that is 4x darker than her skin and over enhancing her eyes and lips. When Kylie does makeup tutorials and starts off with just moisturizer you actually watch how old looking she gradually becomes as she starts piling it on.

Re: her eyebrows. There is a trick in the makeup industry that covers up your real eyebrows temporarily with a sculpting wax and concealer. This allows you to keep your eyebrows yet play around with different styles. Kylie could be doing that but I've also seen her over line/fill her eyebrows just like she does with her lips.

Sculpting wax and concealer might be feasible for a photo shoot or lolling around taking selfies and having a glam staff on hand. But not so much in real life for real people. Maybe she should talk to her people about those ears? Slicked back hair and stick out ears? Not working. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

That pink wig is awful, & it looks terrible on her. You can even see the wig line over her right ear. I thought Kylie's behavior (not to mention her look) during this whole scene was strange, she looked like a robot.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GaT said:

That pink wig is awful, & it looks terrible on her. You can even see the wig line over her right ear. I thought Kylie's behavior (not to mention her look) during this whole scene was strange, she looked like a robot.

Black roots on a pink wig? That’s a deliberate thing? I’m at a loss for words. I thought seeing your “roots” was the evil side effect of dying your hair. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Black roots on a pink wig? That’s a deliberate thing? I’m at a loss for words. I thought seeing your “roots” was the evil side effect of dying your hair. 

All the time when you see them with the black roots it's a wig. For some reason that's a thing. I don't know why, & they're not the only ones who do it. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, GaT said:

For all their money there is no excuse for such a bad wig slip.

12 hours ago, iwasish said:

It seems to be a wig trend as a lot of the Real Howives of Atlanta and Potomac had a bunch of those "see your dark roots" wigs.

11 hours ago, GaT said:

All the time when you see them with the black roots it's a wig. For some reason that's a thing. I don't know why, & they're not the only ones who do it. 

I think it is supposed to look like you died your real hair and not wearing, thus making the wig look more "real".  The irony is that it does the exact opposite. The "exposed roots" never look right and it just draws more attention to the "wigginess" of the whole thing. I have yet to see one that looks good on anyone.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

For all their money there is no excuse for such a bad wig slip.

It seems to be a wig trend as a lot of the Real Howives of Atlanta and Potomac had a bunch of those "see your dark roots" wigs.

I think it is supposed to look like you died your real hair and not wearing, thus making the wig look more "real".  The irony is that it does the exact opposite. The "exposed roots" never look right and it just draws more attention to the "wigginess" of the whole thing. I have yet to see one that looks good on anyone.

I dye my grey hair, but never see a wig with grey roots.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Does anyone in this family do things without going over the top?

Kylie Jenner Gifts Travis Scott a Birthday Billboard from Her and Stormi

EDITED: Sorry, I have no idea why the link didn't work, but see @howmanywords post right under this for a photo.

Edited by GaT
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Stormi's expression is hilarious in the pic on that tacky billboard. That's same face I think we're all making

IMG_20190427_092755.jpg

There are so many adorable pics of Stormi - looks like this one was chosen just because it was taken at the same time as the Kylie/Stormi pic.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, GaT said:

The photo of Stormi & Travis face to face is adorable, he really looks like he adores her.

Kylie has said that the two of them have a special bond - that Stormi doesn’t even see her when Travis is around. Pretty normal for dads and daughters I guess.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She is ridiculous. Kylie, you’re either married or not.

Maybe she and Travis had some kind of ceremony but didn't make the marriage legal - and probably to keep the finances completely separate and relatively untouchable should the relationship go south.    

• Love 2
22 hours ago, GaT said:

The photo of Stormi & Travis face to face is adorable, he really looks like he adores her.

She doesn't look like him at all.

• Love 1
On 5/1/2019 at 2:16 PM, Nicmar said:

She doesn't look like him at all.

This is going to sound mean, but that's probably a good thing. Travis might be a good father and a good performer, but he is not an attractive man, at least in my opinion. I know, looks aren't everything but I'm hoping Stormi takes after Kylie. Well, at least Kylie's old face lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MaggieG said:

This is going to sound mean, but that's probably a good thing. Travis might be a good father and a good performer, but he is not an attractive man, at least in my opinion. I know, looks aren't everything but I'm hoping Stormi takes after Kylie. Well, at least Kylie's old face lol

All of the K men are unattractive except for Scott. Do they get with these guys because they want to be the good looking one in the relationship . Yes , I agree with you on the looks aren't everything.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Nicmar said:

All of the K men are unattractive except for Scott. Do they get with these guys because they want to be the good looking one in the relationship . Yes , I agree with you on the looks aren't everything.

Yeah Scott is hot.  Kanye is so UGLY, I never thought he was good looking, but he has gotten worse lately. 

Tristan is pretty hot.  I think he knows it, though.  Travis is NOT hot, but seems like a nice guy.  

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Yeah Scott is hot.  Kanye is so UGLY, I never thought he was good looking, but he has gotten worse lately. 

Tristan is pretty hot.  I think he knows it, though.  Travis is NOT hot, but seems like a nice guy.  

Kanye has a great smile, but he’s got those weird eyes that look like nobody’s home.

• Love 7

Oh Lort help me.  I was checking out at Ulta today and they had a “Momager takeover special edition” Kylie palette on sale.  The packaging is hilarious and the color names are even more clever.  Yes, I purchased it.  My bestie is coming for a visit soon and it’s the perfect gift to her.  I do love her lip kits, sorry not sorry.

• LOL 1
On 5/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, iwasish said:

that look like nobody’s home.

I don't think anyone is.

Kylie and Travis seem really happy and stable. Good for her.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Artsda said:

I don't think anyone is.

Kylie and Travis seem really happy and stable. Good for her.

Correction: they’re great at projecting happiness and stability. Who knows what goes on when (phone) cameras are not rolling.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Aw my lahgs said:

Correction: they’re great at projecting happiness and stability. Who knows what goes on when (phone) cameras are not rolling.

Right, weren’t there just cheating rumors and stories about Kylie controlling his Sm just a few months ago?

• Love 1