Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

Gosh, that takes me back.

In the late 80s I had a roommate in NYC who quit her receptionist position and made it her JOB for a year to hook a rich man. If she didn't do it in a year she was moving back home to Savannah. She had $40,000 that was willed to her in the bank. She bought the 'right' clothes, got her hair and nails done at the right salon, did nothing but work out all day and pay the rent each month. Then she'd hit those upscale bars and restaurants that you refer to above. She time shared a house in the Hamptons that summer with about 30 others. She was on a mission. It took her 4 months to meet the handsome, charming, moneybags that she's still married to and they live not too far from Yolanda. I'd say she had a good return on her investment. Heh.

I think you're right on the money that this is the type of lifestyle Sonja and Ramona were living back then. There was a certain circle that hung in the right places. From the minute Sonja made her debut on RHONY and I heard her story, she reminded me of my roommate and those days. I wonder if Morgan was the first really wealthy one that showed her any interest beyond the first few dates. The age thing makes me scratch my head a little. She was certainly beautiful and hopefully not that delusional back then. I think that had she held out a little, she might have found someone else, also very wealthy but maybe she'd still be married? Who knows. Sonja might be just as crazy IRL as she is on screen. Maybe it didn't matter who she married.

You didn't happen to be in NYC in the 80s, did you?

Hehe! Late 1990s. The Sex and the City era. We just missed each other.

Like you I had a friend who came to NYC just to snag a rich husband. Did a good job too. Ended up with a cosmetic dentist oh came from money. Upper eastside apartment, house in the Hamptons, kids in private school. It just killed me how up front she was about it and the guys were fine with that. She quit her job 2 weeks after meeting the future Mr. Paycheck to concentrate on "taking care of him." And he was fine with it. He didn't pay her rent exactly, but I don't think she paid a single other bill ever.

I've always gotten that vibe from Sonjia. Like it was more than having certain dating standards. She came to NYC to get a rich husband. I could see that about Ramona too, but that her abrasive personality forced her to go the career route for a while.

• Love 4
So based on the comments I have read, it sounds like many people HATE Jill Zarin.

Aviva has made me re-think my Jill Zarin hatred (and for that, I hate Aviva even more! feh!). Jill could be intrusive and annoying as hell, and I hated her petty "whose side are you on?" and her keeping score. But she wasn't without a heart. (I feel the same way about Ramona, too - Ramona can work my last nerve, but she's not without redeeming qualities. Aviva is one-dimensional to me.)

I've re-watched Season 3 and have softened on Jill a bit, in that I think Bethenny wasn't exactly an innocent victim in all this either. The two were "thick as thieves" (™ Caroline Manzo) for the first couple of seasons, and then Bethenny fell in love, revved up her business, and Jill fell by the wayside. I can understand why Jill felt hurt. When Bethenny finally called her to talk, it was motivated by the things Jill was saying in the press, moreso than being genuinely torn up about losing Jill as a friend. And encouraging Alex to be her "mouthpiece" was just silly. I'm not saying the Bethenny used Jill, but in hindsight, the friendship did provide a certain "convenience" for her.

(Jill was immature and fixated, don't get me wrong…just saying that in re-watching Season 3, Bethenny is less the victim in all this than I'd initially thought.)

Anywho, someone a few pages back mentioned Alex and Simon in their New Agey Hamptons rental. One of my favorite RHoNY edits ever was people talking about Simon and how "creepy" he was - and the camera cutting to Simon moaning on the massage table. Alex was no raving beauty, but I always thought she could have done better than Simon. Different strokes, I guess.

• Love 4

Aviva has made me re-think my Jill Zarin hatred (and for that, I hate Aviva even more! feh!). Jill could be intrusive and annoying as hell, and I hated her petty "whose side are you on?" and her keeping score. But she wasn't without a heart. (I feel the same way about Ramona, too - Ramona can work my last nerve, but she's not without redeeming qualities. Aviva is one-dimensional to me.)

I've re-watched Season 3 and have softened on Jill a bit, in that I think Bethenny wasn't exactly an innocent victim in all this either. The two were "thick as thieves" (™ Caroline Manzo) for the first couple of seasons, and then Bethenny fell in love, revved up her business, and Jill fell by the wayside. I can understand why Jill felt hurt. When Bethenny finally called her to talk, it was motivated by the things Jill was saying in the press, moreso than being genuinely torn up about losing Jill as a friend. And encouraging Alex to be her "mouthpiece" was just silly. I'm not saying the Bethenny used Jill, but in hindsight, the friendship did provide a certain "convenience" for her.

(Jill was immature and fixated, don't get me wrong…just saying that in re-watching Season 3, Bethenny is less the victim in all this than I'd initially thought.)

Anywho, someone a few pages back mentioned Alex and Simon in their New Agey Hamptons rental. One of my favorite RHoNY edits ever was people talking about Simon and how "creepy" he was - and the camera cutting to Simon moaning on the massage table. Alex was no raving beauty, but I always thought she could have done better than Simon. Different strokes, I guess.

Perfectly written (although I quibble about Alex and Simon -- I think Alex is perfectly matched with Simon in the looks department. Both of their heads are long and skinny like they were trapped in a vice during their formative years.)

I found myself alternating between love and annoyance of Jill.  And I also thought that Bethenny was extremely harsh to Jill, particularly with the "You've got some serious changing to do."  Either accept the apology or move on.  Why continually rub it in her face?  

Jill did have a heart.  Her biggest mistake, in my view, was the constant "I thought you were my friend."  You can have disagreements and still be someone's friend. That type of high maintenance behavior turns everyone off.  I think she is well-intended.  And she does have a great sense of humor.

And I know I shouldn't love her, but I can't help it with Sonja.  I know, I know she's a con artist but she makes me laugh damn it!  I'd love to party with her.  

• Love 4

Well, it's Radar OnLine but they were right about Lisa Rinna joining the cast when they spotted her at Kyle's white party so...take from it what you may but sounds plausible enough at this point:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/frenemies-no-more-jill-zarin-bethenny-frankel-rhony/?utm_source=fb-RHONYC&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

As rumors continue to swirl surrounding the possible return of Bethenny Frankel and Jill Zarin to the Real Housewives of New York City, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned Bobby Zarin is “attempting to make peace” between the former BFFs turned bitter frenemies — and it’s working!  During a recent party in the Hamptons, “Bobby, Jill and Bethenny were all in attendance,” a source said. “There was no drama and Bobby even asked Bethenny to dance, and she agreed. They had a great time on the dance floor. Bethenny has always had a soft spot for Bobby. Everybody loves him! He’s attempting to make peace between the ladies.”
“Bobby even invited Bethenny to attend a party Jill was hosting the next day, but she politely declined, citing a prior commitment with her daughter [bryn, 4]. She was very sweet and polite,” a partygoer told Radar.

PHOTOS: Bethenny Frankel & New Man Michael Cerussi Paddleboard in Shelter Island

The insider noted Frankel and Jill smiled at each other, and that there didn’t appear to be any lingering tension.

Could they be making up for the cameras? As Radar has reported, Frankel is in talks to re-join the Real Housewives of New York City.

“Producers need to shake up the cast because the ratings have just plummeted. They are also exploring the prospect of bringing Bethenny’s frenemy, Jill back,” a source previously told Radar. “Recently Jill appeared on ABC‘s Wife Swap, and fans on social media have been asking for her to return.”

With producers looking to glam up the New York housewives franchise, Zarin could immediately bring some razzle dazzle back to the fledgling reality show.

PHOTOS: Bethenny Frankel Ex Jason Hoppy Nonchalantly Walks In New York With Pink Fingernail Polish

She recently hosted her second annual MOPHIE Ladies Luncheon at her Southampton waterfront estate, benefiting the Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundation.

Celebrities in attendance included Cynthia Bailey, Patti Stanger, Kelly Rutherford, and Jenna von Oy.

Gift bags valued at $5,000 included products from Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions, Jose Cuervo Teagarita, SWASH pods and MediSpa44.

A source close to the former BFFs told Radar, “Both of the ladies have moved on from the past. It would be very interesting to catch up with them on camera on RHONY, where it all began.”
  • Love 1

Jenna von Oy.  I wonder if she's going to come out of retirement now that she's hobnobbing with Jill and that fabulous circle of friends.  Jenna seems like a nice woman - I hope she treads carefully.

Bethenny and Jill friends again?  I can see it.

But I don't WANT to see it.

• Love 4

YES!  That was so freaking hilarious!

Now I wish they would bring her back to RHONY.

Oh yes. My dream cast for next season is Ramona, Sonja, Carole, Luann and Kelly. All five are single and all five are catty. It would be heaven.

• Love 1

Oh yes. My dream cast for next season is Ramona, Sonja, Carole, Luann and Kelly. All five are single and all five are catty. It would be heaven.

YES!  Maybe just do a spinoff "Single in the City."  They have to bring Kelly back.  She was pure entertainment.  The "you're weird," "let it go," "get over it" one liners shutting everyone down.  

• Love 1

I've looked for a video clip of Kelly doing an awful, stereotypical mimic of an Asian person speaking in a TH after meeting Alex for breakfast. It was the Rashomon effect with the two having clearly different thoughts on what went down in Morocco. In her TH, Kelly referenced Alex with "I don't understand you…you no speaka da Engrish." (Now, I remember my jaw dropping when Vicki Gunvalson made some comment like "Chinky Chinky Chinaman" on RHoC, but I believed the RHoNY HWs to be above such crap.)

Does anyone else remember this? 

• Love 2

I've looked for a video clip of Kelly doing an awful, stereotypical mimic of an Asian person speaking in a TH after meeting Alex for breakfast. It was the Rashomon effect with the two having clearly different thoughts on what went down in Morocco. In her TH, Kelly referenced Alex with "I don't understand you…you no speaka da Engrish." (Now, I remember my jaw dropping when Vicki Gunvalson made some comment like "Chinky Chinky Chinaman" on RHoC, but I believed the RHoNY HWs to be above such crap.)

Does anyone else remember this? 

Oh my.  I would like to see that.

I'm not surprised as these women constantly amaze me with their treatment of homosexuals.  When Jill was demonstrating her "prowess" at sales, she made some comment to the homosexual couple that designing is in their blood, you know, cause they're gay males.  

• Love 2
I'm not surprised as these women constantly amaze me with their treatment of homosexuals.  When Jill was demonstrating her "prowess" at sales, she made some comment to the homosexual couple that designing is in their blood, you know, cause they're gay males.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have Jeana Keough's kids, who apparently were never told that "f*****" is wrong. I've been re-watching RHOC, seasons 1 and 2, and was stunned when Colton called Shane a f*****…within earshot of Jeana, and Jeana didn't say a word. Maybe she tuned out her kids fighting (they always seemed to be mixing it up with each other) but I was expecting a "Come on, guys, don't use words like that. Not on each other, not on anyone."

• Love 1

Perfectly written (although I quibble about Alex and Simon -- I think Alex is perfectly matched with Simon in the looks department. Both of their heads are long and skinny like they were trapped in a vice during their formative years.)

I found myself alternating between love and annoyance of Jill. And I also thought that Bethenny was extremely harsh to Jill, particularly with the "You've got some serious changing to do." Either accept the apology or move on. Why continually rub it in her face?

Jill did have a heart. Her biggest mistake, in my view, was the constant "I thought you were my friend." You can have disagreements and still be someone's friend. That type of high maintenance behavior turns everyone off. I think she is well-intended. And she does have a great sense of humor.

And I know I shouldn't love her, but I can't help it with Sonja. I know, I know she's a con artist but she makes me laugh damn it! I'd love to party with her.

Hindsight hit 20/20 once you started talking about the Ex wives club over here. Sure things got vicious, but not in such transparent fashion, there was an element that was far less contrived, and things I find I forgot in Jill are her insults stem often from being seemingly clueless, and she's ridiculous but didn't know it, like planet Jellybean Kelly as well in some ways, easier to read. It just didn't feel like we were always, as viewers so annoyed and frustratet either. I never thought I'd say it, but I might welcome them back too. Aviva and Kristen can go, though I thought it Kristin was alright, nice enough girl but kind of a wet blanket.

Eta: I really wouldn't want Bethenny back at this time, sadly I think her life is in too dark a place.

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 1

I think Kelly showed up at some art gallery event on Bravo's "The Singles Project". I didnt even get a really good look at her face. It was just her height and goofy, giggling mannerisms that made me think, "That's that lunatic Kelly."

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1

YES!  Maybe just do a spinoff "Single in the City."  They have to bring Kelly back.  She was pure entertainment.  The "you're weird," "let it go," "get over it" one liners shutting everyone down.  

Thanks to your posts, I decided to go ahead and watch all of season 4. I think the best Kelly moment for me was during the "iced out" conversation with Alex. As usual, Alex turned red, and of course that made Kelly uncomfortable and she was like: "Stop being red, Alex! That's weird." Like Alex could just flip a switch and stop the redness. lol

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 6

Kelly.  Kooky Kelly.  Anybody remember the Cheers episode when Woody serenades his girlfriend, Kelly?  Whenever Kelly Bensimon did something silly/stupid/weird/noteworthy on RHONY, I'd find myself singing 'The Kelly Song' in my head.  Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. 

• Love 3

I think making Lu a full time castmember again is a mistake. She was likable this year because she wasn't onscreen very much. 

I'm one of the rare viewers who liked Jill Zarin despite her terrible last couple of seasons. She and Bethenny were fun when they were friends. I wouldn't mind seeing Jill onscreen again, I'm kind of curious how she and Aviva would interact.

Hmm, I find Kelly an interesting choice for a return as things are now. Her cameo appearance this season might have been a test that failed, though. But Comatoast, that one is a definite favorite as well! Another Kelly Moment I recall tilting my head at was when, to avoid a "sad" conversation (I think it was with Lu) I recall her just dropping down right there on the beach and making a... sand angel, maybe talking about rainbows or something similarly Kellyesque.

• Love 1

It pains me to say this, but I'd sooner take Jill back than have Kelly as a returning HW. While mental instability certainly hasn't stopped Bravo from giving a HW the golden apple, there was an added layer of crazy and condescension from Kel that made it painful to watch.

Especially in the aftermath of Scary Island, it was irritating to watch Kelly unravel when no one could really take her to task for her bad behavior. She certainly wasn't the only HW to look down on other women whom she viewed as her social less-thans, but at least people like Jill were taken down a peg or two by the others. With Kelly, there was no reasoning with her because everyone seemed afraid of picking on the nutbag, even though she was every bit as insufferable as someone like Jillzy. 

It was always supremely uncomfortable watching Kelly interact with Alex, for example. At least Bethenny (who, for all of HER crazy, totally had Kelly pegged as being part of the "fabulosity crowd" who couldn't bother to remember Beth's name) could call out Kelly's elitism/convenient amnesia. But in any event, I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch an entire season of Kelly sucking up to Carole or trying to tell Kristen she's not a REAL model. Actually, I take that back. Watching Kelly give Kristen the "you're a cook not a chef" third degree about her modeling would be kinda funny.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 1

It pains me to say this, but I'd sooner take Jill back than have Kelly as a returning HW. While mental instability certainly hasn't stopped Bravo from giving a HW the golden apple, there was an added layer of crazy and condescension from Kel that made it painful to watch.

Especially in the aftermath of Scary Island, it was irritating to watch Kelly unravel when no one could really take her to task for her bad behavior. She certainly wasn't the only HW to look down on other women whom she viewed as her social less-thans, but at least people like Jill were taken down a peg or two by the others. With Kelly, there was no reasoning with her because everyone seemed afraid of picking on the nutbag, even though she was every bit as insufferable as someone like Jillzy.

It was always supremely uncomfortable watching Kelly interact with Alex, for example. At least Bethenny (who, for all of HER crazy, totally had Kelly pegged as being part of the "fabulosity crowd" who couldn't bother to remember Beth's name) could call out Kelly's elitism/convenient amnesia. But in any event, I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch an entire season of Kelly sucking up to Carole or trying to tell Kristen she's not a REAL model. Actually, I take that back. Watching Kelly give Kristen the "you're a cook not a chef" third degree about her modeling would be kinda funny.

I understand. Everyone knows the woman can be ...I'll use 'fragile', had some kind of breakdown on TV... arrests. And it is a thing that gives her the advantage of possibly just being enabled, like Sonja, and just not any kind of thing I view as entertainment after a point,imo. I do think she's naturally very quirky. If she's ever welcome back, I hope she's in a better place, mentally, wherever that is on her planet. I think the dynamic right now might be interesting.

Simon Van Kempen just announced on Twitter that the family is relocating to Australia, This link is the real estate listing for their row house: http://www.stribling.com/properties/11244210. Interesting tidbits gleaned from the description of the property: the fourth floor is a currently occupied rent-controlled apartment, while the rental on the third floor is presently empty.  The master bath is unfinished.

Perhaps Alex and Simon have better employment prospects in Australia. Simon once ruefully observed that reality show cast members should probably be self-employed. Alex has admitted that prospective employers are reluctant to hire her and her husband, because the colorful couple's reality TV stints are a "liabiity".Simon currently analyzes ratings of Bravo programming in an unofficial capacity, while Alex recaps the "Housewives" franchise and other reality shows including "19 Kids and Counting", "LeeAnn and Eddie", "Dating Naked", and "Married at First Sight". How do these relatively lowbrow activities jibe with Alex's  attempts in the first season to portray their family as intelligent and cultured with comments like, "Francois can sing 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star' in Latin"? In this very revealing interview from 2008 (http://www.monstersandcritics.com))/smallscreen/features/article_1392687.php/A_Chat_with_Bravo_s_The_Real_Housewives_of_New_York), Alex grandly claims "we both came from families that were very active in social and intellectual circles."

Edited by grayson
  • Love 1

I feel sorry for them.  Delusional and pompous and pretentious the first season - they were hilarious to watch.  Thinking little Francois was a genius!  The salad days.  But I think the show really ruined their little slice of delusional heaven out there in urbanbaby.com Cobble Hill or wherever they pretended to live.  I hope they can reinvent themselves in Oz.  And I hope they stay away from RH of Melbourne.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 8

I feel a little sorry for them, too.  Alex had a job, Simon had a job and then they made the horrible decision to join this cluster fugazi.  They were living lives that had more opportunity than most but let the lure of fame send them spiraling back to square one.  I wonder if they'd make a different decision if they knew then what they know now.  Best of luck to them in Oz.  I'm glad they're doing it now instead of waiting until Frankie and Johnny are in high school.

I give their realtor a big fat side eye.  Ever hear of staging?  Clearly Silex don't have the cash to finish renovation, but a couple hundred bucks to put some flower boxes on the front of their house would go a long way.  Get rid of that hideous red paint in the front room.  At the very least, make sure the cushion on the lounge chair on the patio is NOT ON BACKWARDS. Damn. My 15 year old knows how to clean up and 'dress' our outdoor space better than that. The patio is a red hot mess.  It could be such an asset but looks like the overgrown space behind my grandma's barn - except my grandma's flower pots had actual flowers in them.

For 2.7 mil, I expect a better presentation.

• Love 2

The red paint room looks sooo bad, and always has. But the rest of the house is nicer than I remembered it. Maybe they decluttered for those photos. Can't believe they never finished the master bath! And the situation with the rent-controlled tenant is a little weird. 

Their lives pre-RHONY seemed much better than where they are now, but they also really wanted the fame so maybe it was inevitable? Shame because they really belong in the world they were in, if only they'd been content to stay there.

When I think of Alex, the first thing that comes to mind is a clip from The Soup of her busting her bony ass while she and her icky hubby were filming some reality show.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 1

They're going to try to get on a reality show in Australia, right?

I can't believe these 2 are moving away from their tenuous grasp on Z-list celebrity...unless they're flat broke (which, considering they never finished the renovation on their brownstone isn't a far-fetched possibility).  Alex can probably do her little video "insider" recaps from anywhere in the world but I doubt that pays very well.

Anybody think Alex might be going to attempt to get a spot on the Australian version of RH?

All of those years of dogged attempts at social climbing and they move across the world.  Interesting.  

• Love 3

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/31/real-ny-housewifes-thong-exposed-by-hubby/

In this video from TMZ, Simon is flushed from alcohol consumption and giddy at the prospect of an opportunity to be on camera. He hoists Alex's skirt to expose her pasty posterior to the videographer. Alex squawks in mock indignation that contorts her face into an uncanny replica of Munch's "The Scream" at 27 seconds.   (I wish I could get a screen capture for you--the resemblance is eery.) Alex declines to answer the journalist's question ("Does the carpet match the drapes?"), but Simon  insists on describing his wife's pubic hair in a desperate bid for camera time.

Alex claimed that Jill's comment ("he drinks too much") in Cindy Adam's gossip column could damage Simon's career; however, their puerile "performance" for TMZ is far more injurious to his professional reputation than any remark that a castmate could make. Alex, who has reported that she worked as a graphic artist, ought to understand  two lines in print cannot compare with the impact of this video that proves he will gleefully humiliate his wife for a few seconds on camera.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 3

I assumed they were moving to Australia because that's where Simon was from. For some reason i thought that was his country of origin and he hadn't been back since his father's funeral. Can someone confirm that for me?

That's their story and they're sticking to it.

This little gem mysteriously appeared in my FB newsfeed.  I hadn't been aware of it before...and I feel like I need to be hosed down county jail style for knowing it now.  

http://jezebel.com/5904427/real-housewives-simon-van-kempen-ejaculated-on-his-wife-while-she-gave-birth-to-their-son

Once he was finally out of my body, I experienced a tsunami of endorphins that was almost orgasmic, and I understand completely the stories other women have written about ecstatic birth. Simon was sitting behind me at the point of birth, and later when we untangled ourselves he discovered he'd actually ejaculated though hadn't felt any of the normal lead-up to that. It may seem distasteful to some, and definitely neither of us was thinking of sex at the time, but with the rush of emotion and my lower nerve endings going crazy, it's not too far a stretch to say that it's a profound experience.

This takes TMI to a whole 'nother level.  

I'm confused. So Simon isn't from Australia? Where is he from?

No, he is.  

I just don't buy their story about a sudden desire to move there to be near family.  I think they're in financial straits and probably trying to get out from under the brownstone and pay off that huge loan they took out on it (about $700,000) when they started on RHONYC.  Alex can't be making much on her gig with "insider information" on the HW franchise, and I'm not sure Simon makes much, if anything at all, from his Bravo Ratings website.  None of their side ventures, like the luxury linens business, ever took off.  

I think they've given up on climbing the NY social ladder and cutting their losses.  JMO, of course.

• Love 3

Yeah Persnickety I think you've got it. Though I will say, reading about them selling their house and Tre from RHONJ trying to sell hers, they are in a much better situation! They will probably get a good chunk of change for that house too, Brooklyn has only gotten more desirable since they purchased. 

The story about him ejaculating during the birth of their son is just SO them. 

• Love 2

Yeah Persnickety I think you've got it. Though I will say, reading about them selling their house and Tre from RHONJ trying to sell hers, they are in a much better situation! They will probably get a good chunk of change for that house too, Brooklyn has only gotten more desirable since they purchased. 

The story about him ejaculating during the birth of their son is just SO them. 

You know, I know next to nada about New York real estate but I wonder if having a rent-controlled tenant in that house is going to be an obstacle selling it?  Whenever I hear rent control, I always think of lucky people living in a really nice apartment for about $150 a month until they die or move, whichever comes first.

I don't think rent-controlled tenants can be evicted, either, if they're already in a residence.

At least the third floor unit is apparently vacant, so the seller could presumably rent that out for whatever fair market value is.  

Oh, the ejaculation story had me dropping my jaw and then wrinkling up my nose in disgust...and then, like you said, it's just SO them that I shook my head and then went and took a hot shower.  *shudder*  

Persnickety1 writes,

I just don't buy their story about a sudden desire to move there to be near family.  I think they're in financial straits and probably trying to get out from under the brownstone and pay off that huge loan they took out on it (about $700,000) when they started on RHONYC.

Unfortunately for Alex and Simon, Persickety1 is probably right. If they simply wanted to be closer to extended family, then they could move to Texas where her mother and other relatives reside. Of course, if their reality TV stints are a "liability" to potential employers in NYC, Simon's flamboyance would be an serious impediment to his job prospects in Texas. Perhaps he will have more success in Australia

Edited by grayson

One of my sisters is married to an Aussie. They talk about moving to Australia when they get older, because of the health care (her husband still maintains citizenship). Which is no small consideration when you think of how egregious health care costs are. Certain things are more expensive over there than here, though, so maybe financially it will be a wash?

I think the two finally realized that the fame they were hoping for didn't materialize - or, they got it for the wrong reasons (that they were kind of freaky and didn't fit in, as opposed to being fabulous and having amazing children). I remember Bethenny being really impressed by Alex's marketing materials for SkinnyGirl, so I hope she at least finds a way to fall back on that, rather than rely on her "former Real Housewife" status to pay the bills.

Is it really true that Jill Zarin's comments ("you were SPREAD EAGLE in the hotel lobby!") led to Simon's firing from Hotel Chandler? If so, how nasty and vindictive. Simon was a poser and a bit creepy, but I wouldn't have wished job loss on him. I guess it's telling that he was unable to find a hotel management position after that.

Edited by archer1267