Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

(edited)
20 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I missed quite a few seasons and haven't had time to go back to get caught up. What happened between Jill and Bethenny? Or is it too complex to fully explain? Not one thing but a million things combined? I've tried searching but all I can find is a bunch of different incidents and opinions. 

There are many people who can explain much more accurately what happened, but I will try. 

Jill resented that Beth was succeeding and wasn’t including Jill in all her triumphs.

[eta: Most agree that Jill was very generous and hospitable when Beth was still struggling.]

During one argument, Beth told Jill that she needed a hobby.

Jill tried to orchestrate some drama by discouraging the other HWs from filming with Beth. 

At one point, Ramona tried to arrange for a reconciliation, but Lu interferred. Many believe if they had allowed B and J to talk that day, they would still be friends. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9

And, if I remember correctly, Jill eventually admitted that she intentionally created drama with B for the show. She wanted a story arch of them falling out and then reconciling.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I missed quite a few seasons and haven't had time to go back to get caught up. What happened between Jill and Bethenny? Or is it too complex to fully explain? Not one thing but a million things combined? I've tried searching but all I can find is a bunch of different incidents and opinions. 

long story super short - Jill got jealous that BF's star was rocketing, she was getting book deals, sold Skinny Girl, had her tv show with Jason lined up etc - getting loads of attention, Jill wanted the other gals to sabotage BF so she wouldn't get her new show. Then Jill harped on a text message BF left for her telling Jill to get a new hobby (ie, to not make BF her hobby), and Jill ran with that most of the season. She refused to make up with BF until she (Jill) saw the writing on the wall and realized she made a HUGE mistake, but it was too late. BF announced her pregnancy, her engagement etc, and the two never made up. BF left RHOBH for a few years, Jill only lasted I think 2 seasons beyond BF leaving... if you get a chance, watch Season 3 - although Season 2 you could see some cracks starting to form... especially at Jill's charity shin dig.. anywho...

• Love 15
On 4/1/2019 at 12:09 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm pretty sure that's Ally's dad.  I actually think she does resemble him a bit, but no Jill in her at.all.

Did Jill actually hash tag that "greatful" instead of "grateful"?  

Good gawd almighty, Jill, proofread that shit.  Ugh.

On another note, I've always thought Ally was a beautiful girl...but I'm probably biased because she and Mini Persnickety could pass for sisters.  

• Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

When I saw the photo, before reading the text, my immediate thought was, "Where do I know her from?" 😂

How sad is that? 

It’s okay. She spent most of her first and only season with a perma-scowl/snarl on her face anyway, so I could see where she’d be unrecognizable smiling as opposed to wearing her usual bitchface.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 11
On 4/5/2019 at 8:56 PM, BodhiGurl said:

long story super short - Jill got jealous that BF's star was rocketing, she was getting book deals, sold Skinny Girl, had her tv show with Jason lined up etc - getting loads of attention, Jill wanted the other gals to sabotage BF so she wouldn't get her new show. Then Jill harped on a text message BF left for her telling Jill to get a new hobby (ie, to not make BF her hobby), and Jill ran with that most of the season. She refused to make up with BF until she (Jill) saw the writing on the wall and realized she made a HUGE mistake, but it was too late. BF announced her pregnancy, her engagement etc, and the two never made up. BF left RHOBH for a few years, Jill only lasted I think 2 seasons beyond BF leaving... if you get a chance, watch Season 3 - although Season 2 you could see some cracks starting to form... especially at Jill's charity shin dig.. anywho...

I disagree on this. Bethenny discarded Jill when Bethenny didn't need her anymore. Jill got her on HW. Jill is a "connecta" dontcha know? Then Jill flipped out when Bethenny went on the ride and discarded her. Jill acted badly, but I feel how she got there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 5/14/2019 at 7:09 AM, Sun-Bun said:

It’s okay. She spent most of her first and only season with a perma-scowl/snarl on her face anyway, so I could see where she’d be unrecognizable smiling as opposed to wearing her usual bitchface.

I remember thinking the preview that introduced her was so misleading. She was shown yukking it up with Jill and the season showed she was not actually like that at all. Truly the most forgettable HW ever. 

• Love 4

giggling here .... but I’d love to see an event where all the present and past RHONY HWs were present including everybody that went with them at the time.  😁

Can you imagine what that party/event would be like?  😂

I realize Andy/Bravo wouldn’t spring for such an event but, if they thought about it, they could probably get a new mini-series out of it in just one night.   Between the thirst ... the ‘I was wronged’ stories  ... the ‘I can’t believe (my ex) is even here (tried to be polite with the ‘my ex’) ... and probably a half dozen more.

Or ... though I wouldn’t want the kids put through this ... as seen through the kids’ eyes.  Never mind.  That would most likely have a permanent affect on family relationships.   Yeah, I know.  That’s where Andy would probably go.  😮

• Love 5

RHONY’s Jill Zarin Says Bethenny Frankel “Doesn’t Have Time” For a Friendship With Her, Reacts to Potential Firing of Tinsley and Barbara

Jill went on to say that she has mixed feelings when it comes to making a return to the show and wouldn’t want to appear on the series full-time. Instead, she explained, she’d love to be welcomed back as a “friend.”

https://realityblurb.com/2019/05/31/rhonys-jill-zarin-says-bethenny-frankel-doesnt-have-time-for-friendship-with-her-reacts-to-potential-firing-of-tinsley-and-barbara/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I can't see Jill being asked back as a friend of, not if Andy has any say in the matter. He is not very positive when he speaks of her. I suspect that when she recorded herself on his show, she burned that bridge. He was definitely pissed off about that.

I listened to her on the Jeff Lewis radio show. She was complaining that she had sent a text to Dorinda saying that she would  be happy to do Dorinda a favour and come on her radio show as a guest.

She was surprised that Dorinda did not respond.

She was also expecting her face to be shown more this season when she attended events. She didn't sound happy that her presence was not paid much attention to. She thinks she has a lot to bring to the show and that lots of fans want her back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 4/5/2019 at 5:56 PM, BodhiGurl said:

I think a key element of this story - and one of the most unforgivable things - is that Jill purposefully made it look like Bethenny ditched her during Bobby's cancer scare. Turned out there was a lot of manipulation of the "facts" by Jill and she essentially used Bobby's cancer as a way to try to make people hate Bethenny. The whole thing was very ugly.

• Love 12

They could show her face and I'm not sure I'd recognize her---she looks very different --in a good way.   Whatever she's doing, she looks younger than she did when she was on the show.

• Love 2

So this has not really caught fire as Kelly hoped it would.

https://people.com/tv/kelly-bensimon-claims-bethenny-frankel-didnt-care-about-pregnancy/

B seemed to have had one of her PR-girl/fembots put out a statement denying all, but she hasn't deigned to comment on it herself on Twitter.  Good.  She shouldn't.  It's too stupid & ridiculous.

So why the hell would Kells do this?  For a quick moment of sleazy publicity?  A way to get her orange mug & linebacker's body back in the spotlight, if just for a moment? 

Oh, there will be a price you will pay for this, Kelly.  Bethenny remembers everything & holds onto grudges forever.  Piss off B at your own peril, hun.  Does she think this will get her back on the show?  Delusional much?  Like with Jillzy, it will NEVER HAPPEN!

• Love 7

I just don't believe 90 percent of what comes out of Kelly's mouth and I do think she has an irrational dislike of Bethenny. I don't think that you have to be much of a Beth fan to recognize that Kelly had some deeply unsettling attitudes and behaviors around Beth.

• Love 11

Kelly is delusional if she thinks Bethenny would try to cozy up to her, if she came back on the show.  But it’s a moot point because, in a franchise with several volatile people already, Kelly is a level of instability that not even Andy would want.

Now, if Kelly wanted to relocate to Beverly Hills, she may have a shot there!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/5/2019 at 5:18 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I've watched from the beginning, I do frequent rewatches, and I have no fucking idea. I don't think we ever got a concrete reason. 

All the above is true, but I think the tipping point was when Bethany was really doing well and kind of an "It" girl in reality tv and got asked to be a guest on the Today show.  Allegedly Jill called and was trying to get placed in the spot instead of Bethany, being very assertive with associate producers or whomever handles that.  That is supposedly why they fired her.  And a few years later when Jill said she didnt know why she was fired, Andy Cohen just said "yes you do".  So she has been gracious since then, with the occassional cameo spot but that's it.  I think for Bethany when you mess with her business it is sort of hard to come back from that.

• Love 5
(edited)

See now I just read an article linked to one of the links. LOL! Now I sound like Kelly! Staaaawwwp!

Anyway, the article indicated 2 OG's to Axe. Romana for lack of storyline and Lu for lack of class. 

Hmmmmmmmm.

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 3

Lu’s legal troubles will be the main reason she’ll be cut.  She’s acting in a very unpredictable way & I suspect the corporate execs at Comcast (the owner of Bravo) will want nothing to do with her.  She’s also making ridiculous pay raise demands, which pisses off Andy Cohen.  Lu is a goner.

And Moaner?  Her Blanche Devereax act is getting so stale.  She’s been hanging on by a thread for a few seasons.  She has nothing going on in her life & her observations are predictable & boring.  See ya, Moaner!  And Barbara is likely toast too.  They’ll all be joining this thread soon.

I’m still baffled why Kelly said what she did.  She could have said this stuff years ago.  So why now?  Anyway, it’s all really insulting & offensive, but Bethenny never lets this kinda thing go.  I fully expect B to go on a rant against Kelly sometime soon.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I’m still baffled why Kelly said what she did.  She could have said this stuff years ago.  So why now?  

Systematic insanity?    

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Heard a rumor that Jill Z was moving to Beverly Hills. Is that true?

🙂 😀 😁

(Come on .... you knew an extremely unoriginal  person would do this.  🙋 )

23 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I’m still baffled why Kelly said what she did.  She could have said this stuff years ago.  So why now?  Anyway, it’s all really insulting & offensive, but Bethenny never lets this kinda thing go.  I fully expect B to go on a rant against Kelly sometime soon.

That shade Kelly tossed Bethenny’s way was cunty AF. Not a good look at all and really cruel and uncalled for; does she even realize Beth’s now got a 9-year-old daughter who might hear those things? Good lord, I know they had their past issues, but how about having the class to shut the Hell up and quit obsessing over a far more successful former co-worker who outshines her in every way. Or in her own words, she needs to “just staaaaaaawwwwpppp. It’s weird!”

And you just know Kelly would amputate her left toe to be back on this cast again. She and Jill are so pathetic with their ongoing desperate attempts to work their way back on the show. 

• Love 6
On 6/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Lu’s legal troubles will be the main reason she’ll be cut.  She’s acting in a very unpredictable way & I suspect the corporate execs at Comcast (the owner of Bravo) will want nothing to do with her.  She’s also making ridiculous pay raise demands, which pisses off Andy Cohen.  Lu is a goner.

And Moaner?  Her Blanche Devereax act is getting so stale.  She’s been hanging on by a thread for a few seasons.  She has nothing going on in her life & her observations are predictable & boring.  See ya, Moaner!  And Barbara is likely toast too.  They’ll all be joining this thread soon.

Agreed. I suspect that's why Ramona got Mario to appear this season - sheesh, twice !

That said, have to admire their agreeability  - for the sake of daughter Avery, and also of course,....money. 

• Love 5
On 6/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, Ellee said:

https://www.bing.com/amp/s/people.com/tv/kelly-bensimon-claims-bethenny-frankel-didnt-care-about-pregnancy/amp/

This might be why Koo Koo comes to mind still and also why ‘Jill had a hand in this’ also comes to mind.  

Please please please give me your thoughts on this.  I read quickly as I’m supposed to be working. Is it what I ‘think’ it is?

Oh Kelly. 

My guess is Bethany was considered a high risk pregnancy due to age. Some doctors will classify any woman over a certain age “high risk”, it doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong. But Kelly is odd and paranoid and painfully literal about things. Her mind just...fills in these gaps with random information and then calls them facts. She’s also sort of sexist with some of her attitudes about proper behavior. I’m not surprised she had ideas about how pregnant women should behave.

why now? I don’t know, but I’m guessing it has something to do with mental illness.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Oh Kelly. 

My guess is Bethany was considered a high risk pregnancy due to age. Some doctors will classify any woman over a certain age “high risk”, it doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong. But Kelly is odd and paranoid and painfully literal about things. Her mind just...fills in these gaps with random information and then calls them facts. She’s also sort of sexist with some of her attitudes about proper behavior. I’m not surprised she had ideas about how pregnant women should behave.

why now? I don’t know, but I’m guessing it has something to do with mental illness.

I was convinced after the Scary Island episodes in Season 3 that Kelly Bensimon is on the spectrum. And undiagnosed. I wrote a long thing about it on the boards way back.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

I was convinced after the Scary Island episodes in Season 3 that Kelly Bensimon is on the spectrum. And undiagnosed. I wrote a long thing about it on the boards way back.

I don’t know about such things to speak informatively, but I did think there was something unique about the way she processed information. I remember thinking that about her whole stance that Bravo made her go to scary island. Andy denied it and not that I think Andy is a reliable source of information, but exactly how could Bravo force her to travel to another country? I always thought it was a contract stipulation and they chose to enforce it harshly so maybe she was told she wouldn’t get her full payment for the season if she didn’t go. She felt pressured and because Kelly feels back/white emotions with little ability to see things from other points of view, it became Bravo forcing her. I have a cousin like this. Means well, but she feels very strong emotions and has a tendency to confuse emotions with facts. Her feeling like she was unfairly fired from a job becomes her employer violated labor laws. Kelly reminds me of that, without the well meaning part.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2019 at 8:35 PM, divsc said:

I totally agree - it's weird to read that, like someone pulled it out of my own brain.

I didn't start watching RHNY until season 3. It was airing in the summer of 2010, when I first experienced panic disorder and didn't know what was wrong with me. I spent a lot of time hiding in the house from the desert heat, lying in bed, and looking for comfort. Scary Island became a perfect distraction.

Those early seasons are like a warm blanket, and I think I could rewatch any season with joy. I do not feel that way about any other show except seasons 1 and 2 of RHNJ. 

Scary Island will always be entertaining. Kelly will always look like a nutter, and Bethenny will always look like a wise sage.

Turtle Time forever. Thanks, Ramona. I get a little verklempt watching her and Mario do the vow renewal, knowing how that all goes down the drain.

• Love 3

ON 6/6/2019 AT 6:24 PM,  SCOOBIEDOOBS SAID: 

Storylines?  What was that Play-Doh-Face Barbara's storyline?   What was Dorinda's?  Hosting people at the Berkshires?   Bethenny's?  Moving?  Having business meetings?

Having just watched Season I, I realized they didn't have STORYLINES ... they just did stuff. Episode after episode ... social events, fashion shows, charity events, conversations with other family members (and of course, the help).  Showing off.  Why, one episode had like 8 events:  going to a horse show, planning a dinner party, going to a charity event, a kid event, Alex and Simon looking for a picture of her in the NYTimes -- and only finding her backside view.  The pace was quick and fun.  NOW, so many episodes are just ONE or TWO events where they spend the episode talking about some INANE TIFF over a dog or something. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Having just watched Season I, I realized they didn't have STORYLINES ... they just did stuff. Episode after episode ... social events, fashion shows, charity events, conversations with other family members (and of course, the help).  Showing off.  Why, one episode had like 8 events:  going to a horse show, planning a dinner party, going to a charity event, a kid event, Alex and Simon looking for a picture of her in the NYTimes -- and only finding her backside view.  The pace was quick and fun.  NOW, so many episodes are just ONE or TWO events where they spend the episode talking about some INANE TIFF over a dog or something. 

Coincidentally, I posted about this, too, in Tinsley’s thread. Season one was nice, wasn’t it? It seemed natural. We got to see what their lives were like. I enjoyed that. And they didn’t drink as much back then. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4

Not a Beth fan but it's nice to see that she is using her  recent former housewives status to do some good. Hopefully she will capitalize on this before she is no longer newsworthy and the paps stop following her.

As a former housewife like LVP, speculation as to why she left the show has become just as interesting to people  ( Yes, I am guilty)  than any efforts she makes toward making the world a better place for people (or in the case of LVP, furry friends).

I am glad that Bethenny has found a new purpose away from the cameras for her sake and for Bryn's sake.

I just hope that she doesn't continue to put herself in front of the camera to feed her own ego.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Not a Beth fan but it's nice to see that she is using her  recent former housewives status to do some good. Hopefully she will capitalize on this before she is no longer newsworthy and the paps stop following her.

As a former housewife like LVP, speculation as to why she left the show has become just as interesting to people  ( Yes, I am guilty)  than any efforts she makes toward making the world a better place for people (or in the case of LVP, furry friends).

I am glad that Bethenny has found a new purpose away from the cameras for her sake and for Bryn's sake.

I just hope that she doesn't continue to put herself in front of the camera to feed her own ego.

So, the other day, while Dorian was still obliterating The Bahamas, Beth was on the phone with The Weather Channel. I have no idea who called whom, but she was saying she was at the airport on her way to Miami (the south Fl airports were all closed at the time), and talked about her plan to go in with a sea plane and rescue people, and focusing on bringing in vital needs (water, formula, diapers). It all sounded respectable and good, until she gave a death toll of 50. The govt at the time said 5 (and this morning are still reporting only 20). They questioned her about her number, and she insisted she was right, she had been talking to people on the ground (not sure how). While I think it's great that she's using her resources and connections to bring help to people in dire situations, I think it was irresponsible for her to claim 50 dead. I don't doubt that 50 or more people lost their lives during this horrific storm, but it's not her place to "correct" the government announcements. It just rubbed me the wrong way. There's enough actual devastation without people having to try to make it sound more dramatic or like they have an inside scoop that the officials don't know about.

ok, sorry for the rant, stepping off my soapbox.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

It all sounded respectable and good, until she gave a death toll of 50. The govt at the time said 5 (and this morning are still reporting only 20). They questioned her about her number, and she insisted she was right, she had been talking to people on the ground (not sure how).

She may have been given an inflated number by her people on the ground. Before making statements like this during a major event, facts should always be checked first.

OR...someone accidentally added a zero to the number five.

OR... it could just have been Bethenny exaggerating again as she is want to do.

Kudos to her for using her influence to make a positive difference. She can still be unlikeable to me, much like LVP is unlikeable to many folks despite her many many years of philanthropy.

• Love 4
On 9/5/2019 at 8:34 AM, SweetieDarling said:

So, the other day, while Dorian was still obliterating The Bahamas, Beth was on the phone with The Weather Channel. I have no idea who called whom, but she was saying she was at the airport on her way to Miami (the south Fl airports were all closed at the time), and talked about her plan to go in with a sea plane and rescue people, and focusing on bringing in vital needs (water, formula, diapers). It all sounded respectable and good, until she gave a death toll of 50. The govt at the time said 5 (and this morning are still reporting only 20). They questioned her about her number, and she insisted she was right, she had been talking to people on the ground (not sure how). While I think it's great that she's using her resources and connections to bring help to people in dire situations, I think it was irresponsible for her to claim 50 dead. I don't doubt that 50 or more people lost their lives during this horrific storm, but it's not her place to "correct" the government announcements. It just rubbed me the wrong way. There's enough actual devastation without people having to try to make it sound more dramatic or like they have an inside scoop that the officials don't know about.

ok, sorry for the rant, stepping off my soapbox.

Maybe the government said 5 and one of her interns added a zero with a sharpie.... 

But in all seriousness, I agree with you. Wasn't her place to report on numbers without having official info. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Wow, you would think a post of an engagement would include a photo of the COUPLE.

I don’t know how it was on her timeline because it’s no longer there but there is pic of both of them in the post.

• Love 1