Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Fly

• Start Topic

A visitor connected to Liz’s past comes bearing gifts. Anatsa digs in on a story about the bank heists, angering Max and putting Kyle and Isobel in a difficult position.

Airdate: 06/13/2022

• Thanks 1

Sorry but I find Anasta so annoying. Of course she didn't deserve Max being a prick to her but why wouldn't Isobel protect her brother. I knew Iz would mind control her. 

Still dont really care about Liz finding herself. 

Bonnie and Clyde get too much screen time. And as much as I love Cam she does too. This cast is way too big to have all these damn characters. 

Malex are so dramatic lol. As if they knew something bad was going to happen. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Malex are so dramatic lol. As if they knew something bad was going to happen. 

Ugh. Yes. Malex are so soapy. 
But.
Cutest schmoopy line ever: "Like a piece of alien tech, I don't like being parted from my alien."

• Like 3

I realize what's bugging me about the show these days.  The OG gang are all in harmonious agreement with each other, and shows thrive on conflict.   When Michael/Max/Kyle/Liz  had issues with each other and would fight, but then they'd come together to fight a common enemy, but they would still have serious disagreements.  Break up the team.

I don't care about Isobel's girlfriend or Liz's protege or Bonnie and Clyde.  

It was nice to see crazy Graham again.

And the cast is too damn big. 

• Applause 2

I thought the Max/Anatsa scene had an uncomfortable vibe, and then Isobel decided to mind-rape Anatsa and make it much worse. It's time for Anatsa to go. She's certainly not doing anything for our main characters, as Max looked bad and Isobel looked worse. Is her point to make everyone look bad while she Nancy Drews around?

Isobel seeing Kyle with another woman was the first time I thought Isobel had any sort of feelings she was aware of, but I'm not really here for her puppy dog look - Kyle has been available all this time. Go for it or don't pout. 

"Bonnie" is cute. I'm not as fond of "Clyde" but they're both better than the creepy third part of their triad. I LOLed when Max was every bit as bad at playing Jones as Jones was playing Max. 

So now Dallas and Cam have a vibe? After Maria had a vibe with him last week? Yes, this cast is too big. Although I say that and I was still happy to see Graham Green, lol.

I figured...Shiri's wife (I'll remember her character's name the next time I actually see her, presumably) had not actually seen her for awhile, given the state she was in in Mexico. At first I was rolling my eyes when her wife was telling Liz how Shiri gets lost in science, figuring Liz would decide they are clones and she cannot be in a relationship, but I was pleasantly surprised that Liz decided to take notes from the wife instead about finding a balance and went home to adult in her adult relationship, lol. Good for Liz. Making progress.

That said, I don't really care about her student.

I did laugh at Arturo getting Isobel to be a waitress. Arturo is still the best one.

Aw, Max still calls Kyle's mom. 

While I didn't totally blame Michael for being hesitant to give Alex the console, given that Alex has hidden a piecce from him before, I'm kind of blank on going back to the home planet STILL being Michael's dream. Really, bro? After it has been repeatedly confirmed that it's a war-torn hellscape? 

It WAS nice to see Max and Alex interacting early in the episode. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This episode was sort of weird and disjointed.  Several scenes felt as if they were happening on different shows. Not because of what was happening so much as the tone of scenes.

Max/Cam/Dallas felt like a supernatural procedural

Anasta/Isobel/Kyle felt like a nighttime soap.

Liz was in a indie film about finding yourself and a work-life balance.

And Malex just felt like a two man play in one act.  Every time these two are in a scene together, even to the extent their discussions relate to the overall plot, it seems like everything is about the two of them and/or Michael's endless parade of hang-ups and defenses.  My dude, is everything a fucking metaphor for your walls keeping you from or feelings for Alex... like every fucking thing?

10 hours ago, Cristofle said:

Isobel seeing Kyle with another woman was the first time I thought Isobel had any sort of feelings she was aware of, but I'm not really here for her puppy dog look - Kyle has been available all this time. Go for it or don't pout. 

My impression from that scene was that Isobel hasn't entirely recognized her feelings for Kyle even after her reaction.  She has been thinking of him as her friend and he was the person she instinctively wanted to go to discuss what happened with Anasta.  I think her seeing him having drinks with a woman was the beginning of her realizing her feelings regarding Kyle are not strictly platonic. She looked disappointed and sad but not yet jealous. I expect next episode she'll be attempting to process it still.

10 hours ago, Cristofle said:

Aw, Max still calls Kyle's mom. 

I loved that.  It made me smile.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I hope that they can get rid of Anatsa sooner rather than later. Nothing against the actress, who is perfectly good, but her character serves no purpose than to become another plot complication, she's rather annoying, and she makes Max and Isobel look pretty bad. I might not care much about Anatsa or her relationship with Isobel, but she doesn't deserve to have her mind messed with by her own girlfriend. Plus she seems to exist just to keep the Kyle/Isobel slow burn going. It looks like Isobel might be realizing that her feelings for Kyle are more than platonic... just as Kyle gets a new love interest. Oops!

Arturo is always the best! I feel bad that he has to put up with Liz's whiny student though, I am not a fan of her "bratty tough chick with a heart of maybe gold" vibe. 

The two new villain aliens are pretty annoying, especially the guy, but this new one at least has some menace to her. Of course she goes after Alex, its always drama with him and Michael, its like they never even have any time to actually be a couple in between Michael's frequent angst fits and the near death experiences. We are also starting to get to the point again where the millions of characters on this show are all getting grouped into unrelated subplots, to the point where they all seem to be on different shows.

It was at least nice to see Max and Alex share a scene, and hearing that Max still talks to Kyle's mom made me smile. 

• Love 1