Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Glorious Five Year Plan

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Holy shit, Homelander has gone full on bonkers now. RIP Supersonic Alex, I am sorry I misjudged you. You weren't traitorous, just incredibly stupid. Who didn't think A-Train would watch out for A-Train? He and Deep need to be thrown off the planet. The whole Russia segment was another level of cray cray. First Butcher getting all gooey with MM, then being a supreme a-hole to Komiko. And yeah, he takes a leeeetle too much pleasure in those powers, methinks. Hughie, too. So he's so fast he ran out of his clothes?!

I don't know where I've been, but I don't recall knowing that Komiko could heal, so I let out quite the gasp when the Russian hooker shot her in the head. Eeep! So why can't she heal from the rebar to the gut? And I wonder if that gave Jensen flashbacks? LOL! I thought there would be a little more past the scene of him being freed (since we already saw that in the trailer), but I guess next week the real escape begins. It's hilarious (and a little satisfying as a long time Jensen Ackles fan) that there were 'glitches' getting this episode to air (according to Erik Kripke). Chris Evans might have America's Ass, but Jensen's broke fucking Amazon Prime. :)

Edited by gonzosgirrl
fixed the link
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

Ooh, I almost forgot - - Stan! I did not see Victoria betraying him so completely coming. I'm still wondering if it isn't part of some larger plan. And giving the little girl V to 'protect' her? Yowza. Edgar still has some massive balls, insulting and then dismissing Homelander to his face. I remain unconvinced that he isn't a Supe himself, and/or somehow impervious to the laser eyes.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

So Soldier Boy was not killed by the special secret anti-Supe weapon -- he IS the special secret anti-Supe weapon! Cool!

54 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't know where I've been, but I don't recall knowing that Komiko could heal, so I let out quite the gasp when the Russian hooker shot her in the head. Eeep! So why can't she heal from the rebar to the gut?

I think that somehow Soldier Boy's power nullifies or erases the powers of other Supes? Kimiko had better be okay, though, or I will never forgive Kripke! 😠  I got kind of worried though when she was so happy about her and Frenchie doing "one last job" and then retiring to Marseilles! Because we all know what always happens on TV or in the movies to the character who only has one more day to go before their retirement..... 😟

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I think that somehow Soldier Boy's power nullifies or erases the powers of other Supes?

That would be awesome! Apologies for all the misspelling of Kimiko. I knew it didn't look right, but then neither did this way, lol.

Did it seem he was magnetically attracting the bits of steel on the floor? And was it whatever that mist was that kept him unconscious/contained? Because he broke those bonds pretty damn quick after the door was opened.

Also - did I miss something in my speed-watch (thanks, Prime :P ) -- was the meaning of the episode title part of the episode?

And I used to be a fan of Ashley, but she's turning out to be pretty sketchy herself. She's going to deserve whatever her eventual comeuppance is.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Did it seem he was magnetically attracting the bits of steel on the floor? And was it whatever that mist was that kept him unconscious/contained? Because he broke those bonds pretty damn quick after the door was opened.

I didn't notice on my first viewing but you are right about the bits of steel! As that surge of power grew and intensified in his chest, it was exerting some kind of pull on his surrounding environment. As for the mist or steam that came out when Butcher opened the capsule, it must have been something that paralyzed Soldier Boy. I am assuming that, anyway, because it couldn't have been just the door that was trapping him, and it wasn't the straps that were holding him back -- I think they were just there to hold him upright.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Also - did I miss something in my speed-watch (thanks, Prime :P ) -- was the meaning of the episode title part of the episode?

I didn't hear any specific mention of it in the episode. My guess is that it is a reference to the Five-Year Plan for economic development that Joseph Stalin put into effect in the early years of the Soviet Union. If I remember my history, it resulted in a famine there that killed millions of people. The use of the phrase probably being an allusion to whatever plan the Russians had for Soldier Boy. The metaphorical meaning might be something about having a plan to achieve power and control which, even if it succeeds, in the end causes great destruction.

Edited by Bergamot
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

Their parody of Kendal Jenner's Pepsi ad!

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ooh, I almost forgot - - Stan! I did not see Victoria betraying him so completely coming. I'm still wondering if it isn't part of some larger plan. And giving the little girl V to 'protect' her? Yowza. Edgar still has some massive balls, insulting and then dismissing Homelander to his face. I remain unconvinced that he isn't a Supe himself, and/or somehow impervious to the laser eyes.

I get the feeling this is part of some larger plan. I wouldn't be shocked that Stan Edgar is somehow absolved of all the accusations and returns from his leave as head of Vought after Zoey gains powers, becomes indestructible (or whatever happens), and is "safe."

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

One thing I noticed with the temp V.  Homelander is Butcher's nemisis and he ended up with strength, laser eyes and he's bullet proof.   Homelander has all those powers.  Hughie had issues with A-Train and he ended up with speed.  Does temp V somehow manifest in the powers of the person you clash with?

Antony is putting in his strongest performance yet.  Homelander is realizing that the people who were controlling him were only doing so because he was allowing it.  The only thing stopping him from destroying the world is his restraint.  That is eroding bit by bit has he is realizing that he truly is The Homelander and he can do whatever the fuck he wants, literally. 

Jensen played the scene of Soldier Boy walking up and being confused and disoriented perfectly.  It would be so easy to over act.   I think the Russians put Solider Boy on ice because he's not too powerful and can seemingly neutralize other supes around him.  But given that he woke up as soon as the door was open...   This isn't a spoiler, just speck but I'll tag just in case.

Spoiler

Got major Winter Soldier vibes.  Could LIttle Nina have read butcher like an open book, knowing his hatred up supes and set him up to release Solider Boy for a specific purpose.  Can she activate him to take out someone at Vought to suit her own agenda.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 7

That's a really interesting observation about the matching up of powers/nemesis. I'm still giggling over Hughie running right out of his clothes though.

It's also interesting to see how very easy it is for power to seduce and corrupt, and I think most especially when someone who has been bullied and belittled their whole life gets a little taste of it. I'm honestly more afraid for Hughie than I am for Butcher.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

One thing I noticed with the temp V.  Homelander is Butcher's nemisis and he ended up with strength, laser eyes and he's bullet proof.   Homelander has all those powers.  Hughie had issues with A-Train and he ended up with speed.  Does temp V somehow manifest in the powers of the person you clash with?

That is a very interesting observation that I didn't even think about. 🤔

11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That's a really interesting observation about the matching up of powers/nemesis. I'm still giggling over Hughie running right out of his clothes though.

I got a chuckle out of that. I thought "well, I guess that explains why A-Train has a special-made suit for that" LOL

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Goodbye, Supersonic. Starlight really should have sworn him to secrecy. He didn't know they dynamics and made a stupid move. 

Kimiko better not be dead! Frenchie promising to leave after one last job was not a good sign. 

So many dildo's.

I enjoyed Soldier Boy singing in the old show MM was watching. 

Are Butcher and/or Hughie going to be addicted to the temp V? Hughie was a little too happy having powers. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

RIP Supersonic Alex, I am sorry I misjudged you. You weren't traitorous, just incredibly stupid. Who didn't think A-Train would watch out for A-Train?

I had a feeling he was doomed, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon! But yeah, Alex was obviously not cut out for undercover operations. Starlight should have emphasized to him that he needed to check with her before making a move. But I don't think she is really cut out for this either. Maybe she should study up on the story of how the Resistance operated against the Nazis in WWII. For one thing, they need to find a better way of communicating with each other than whispering in the hallway at work!

• Like 11
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I didn't hear any specific mention of it in the episode. My guess is that it is a reference to the Five-Year Plan for economic development that Joseph Stalin put into effect in the early years of the Soviet Union. If I remember my history, it resulted in a famine there that killed millions of people. The use of the phrase probably being an allusion to whatever plan the Russians had for Soldier Boy. The metaphorical meaning might be something about having a plan to achieve power and control which, even if it succeeds, in the end causes great destruction.

Edgar says something (in the third ep, an earlier ep ) about not needing supes in five years. He is selling Singer on the temporary V.

He left the folder out for homelander to find. He is calm,  because he has a plan. 

Edited by Affogato
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 9
  • Love 3

Is becoming the thing you hate most, literal?

4 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

they need to find a better way of communicating with each other than whispering in the hallway at work!

Especially when the guy you are trying to keep it from has super hearing.

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Edgar says something (in the third ep, an earlier ep ) about not needing supes in five years. He is selling Singer on the temporary V.

So he is calm,  because he has a plan. 

Ah!! Good catch, I totally missed that connection.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

A-Train spilling the beans to Homelander was so predictable. 😑

I was yelling "Don't do it..." at the tv when Supersonic and A-train were in the elevator. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Affogato said:

That's right, I forgot about that! Like you say, Edgar has a plan!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

For one thing, they need to find a better way of communicating with each other than whispering in the hallway at work!

4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Especially when the guy you are trying to keep it from has super hearing.

I thought the same thing, especially when Homelander walked in on Annie and Hughie.

• Love 2

I don't think this is a spoiler since it's in the trailer but just in case...  I really wonder how

Spoiler

Homelander goes from the super confident, nothing can stop me now a-hole in this episode to the milking-a-cow guy in the trailer, lol.

• Love 1

RIP Supersonic..... thought you'd last 2 episodes has a member of the 7. Which now again no longer 7.

Kimiko and Frenchie, such a tragedy! Just when they decide to leave their pasts behind and build a life of their own, rebar!* Frenchie in the van was so heartbreaking! Kudos to Tomer and Karen!

IA, Stan has a plan. He was much too calm. Possibly Vicky is in on it? A really long game. Possibly starting out in Nicaragua.  Think maybe Black Noir kind of knows? He was pretty chill during everything. 

Spoiler

Don't know if this is a spoiler.  Jensen and Karl in one of their interviews talking about the clash between 3 apex predators (Homelander, Butcher, and Soldier Boy) one of them said we will be surprised at who comes out on top. Maybe it's none of those 3, but someone like Starlight or Stan or Black Noir?

This episode brings the "power corrupts" theme a little further along. Hughie wanting powers just so Starlight doesn't have to save him.

Last...round of applause for Jamie the hamster! Getting back at his captors!

*Was this one of the Easter eggs/nods to SPN? Dean had decided to live a whole life, and ----rebar!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

You know,  I was just saying a few days ago:

This show is riveting and dramatic and exciting and funny and horrifying and brilliant, but you know what it still needs?

More dildo fu.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bergamot said:

The metaphorical meaning might be something about having a plan to achieve power and control which, even if it succeeds, in the end causes great destruction.

Or even worse, is such a total failure that it backfires on those who implemented it. I don’t think Soldier Boy is going to be happy with the Russians. Maybe “He’s making a list and checking it twice.“

lLoveReading said:   “I think the Russians put Solider Boy on ice because he's not too powerful and can seemingly neutralize other supes around him”

I don’t know, what we saw in the trailer that he did to that building looked pretty powerful to me. He might have been on ice either because they were trying to keep him a secret until they needed him or because in the end, they created a weapon they couldn’t control.

Edited by Boadicea
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

For a couple of episodes I’ve wondered if Black Noir is someone’s mole. 

Could Edgar have worked with the Russians to make soldier Boy able to negate superpowers. Does it cme with an inherent weakness, like he becomes  vulnerable when it is used?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

If the speculation proves true and Soldier Boy negates powers, even temporarily (as I am hoping is the case for Kimiko's sake), I am LIVING for the moment Homelander tries to use his laser eyes and they don't work, so he tries to fly off and... nope.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

This episode was So. Friggin'. Good.

I loved it.

Everyone brought their best to the table, including the writing.

Can't wait for Homelander to get taken down a peg or two.

A-train and The Deep are The Worst.

Maeve and Starlight so beautiful in their desires to take Homelander down, but yeah, they need other Supe help. Big time.

Loved all the Boys scenes. All of them, but especially Kimiko and her deadly dildos and the Butcher and MM scene wherein Butcher explained why he chose MM to be on the team.

And MM's face when he realized it was Soldier Boy in the chamber? So. Good.

And speaking of Soldier Boy...

Wow. 

What. An. Entrance. 

3 hours ago, Bergamot said:

So Soldier Boy was not killed by the special secret anti-Supe weapon -- he IS the special secret anti-Supe weapon! Cool

Not gonna lie.

I was hoping with all hope for this.

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Chris Evans might have America's Ass, but Jensen's broke fucking Amazon Prime. :)

I have seen Jensen Ackles play many emotions, and many at the same time, is actually his forte AFAIC. So yes, I've seen him play powerful and vulnerable both at the same time,  but naked, powerful, and vulnerable? Yup, that was a First(and Oh, what a First it was 😍).

When we saw the glow start to radiate out of him the feeling of DOOM! became palpable.

Awesome. Sauce. 

And he's out there now.

On the loose.

I want more of him.

I need more and this was my only complaint about the episode.

Hopefully the next four will address that complaint. 

Kudos again, to everyone involved in this one, never forgetting Giancarlo, Claudia(her scene with her daughter was so hard to watch), Colbie, and even the dude who plays Cameron Colman.

Oh, and that musical number that MM was watching Soldier Boy perform? The full performance is out there and in the words of Deborah Harry, it's Epic. 😄 👏 💞

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If the speculation proves true and Soldier Boy negates powers, even temporarily (as I am hoping is the case for Kimiko's sake), I am LIVING for the moment Homelander tries to use his laser eyes and they don't work, so he tries to fly off and... nope.

Yes, I can’t wait for Homelander to find out that Soldier Boy is still around! And then see them confront each other! I don’t know, Homelander is not nearly as much fun to watch when he is feeling good about himself. I don’t want a Homelander who is all cheerful and confident and satisfied as he sets out to torture and destroy people. I prefer a Homelander who is tormented and needy and empty inside as he sets out to torture and destroy people! It makes him more interesting and less of a stereotypical villain. As I have mentioned, a Homelander who is feeling backed into a corner is my favorite flavor of Homelander.

Maybe that’s why my favorite Homelander scene in this episode is the final one with him and Edgar. Homelander acts confident that he has the upper hand now over Edgar, and claims that he is not afraid of him, but is it really true? And if it is, and Homelander is sure that he no longer needs Edgar, why hasn’t he just sliced him in two with his laser eyes and gotten rid of him? There is that familiar tension in their scene together; Edgar’s contempt gets to Homelander, sets him on edge, even though he pretends that it doesn’t, and Edgar gets the last word as he leaves. It's a great scene!

• Like 4
  • Love 11

Oops forgot Hughie.

I really did feel for him and his feelings of being emasculated when he was watching the tv and how they were dissing him.

I almost couldn't blame him for taking the Temp V.

Almost.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

Maybe that’s why my favorite Homelander scene in this episode is the final one with him and Edgar

Mine too.

As an actor, Giancarlo Esposito owns Deadly Calm. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Oops forgot Hughie.

I really did feel for him and his feelings of being emasculated when he was watching the tv and how they were dissing him.

I almost couldn't blame him for taking the Temp V.

Almost.

I couldn’t blame anyone for taking it.  Temporary.   But who wouldn’t be curious, want an advantage, want a day as superman, want to save someone. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

If this theme holds true, then MM should end up with similar powers to Soldier Boy.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if Edgar wasn't secretly behind Nina directing them to SB.

He would know then, that there is a powerful Supe able to take HL out,possibly w/o the help of other Supes.

Boo for Alex's horrible death, Kimiko's injury, and Yay for Jaine the flying hamster.*

*I'm sure the rebar was a nod to Dean Winchester, as they said their would be Easter Eggs to SPN.  I wonder if the hamster was another.  After all a hamster helped Crowley get the MoC off Dean's arm.  And here a hamster helped take out one of SB's guards.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

They really did the Kendal Jenner Pepsi commercial. Those mad lads:

Sad thing is, even for the world of the boys, it seemed a bit ott, but it was actually real...

-

Good episode. Now that we have soldier boy out, maybe finally this show can get on the road. Imo this is one of those shows that doesn't lend itself very well to a weekly release, since it's always a continuous story with no real breaking points.

Well starlight's ex-boyfriend, who's name I have already forgotten, kinda killed himself there. He knew how dangerous the situation was he was getting himself into and he chose not to confer with Starlight before letting anybody else in on their plan? That's a dumbass move dude. She would have told you that A-Train is not to be trusted.

I think Hughie is about to become a bit problematic with his powers. That's going to be interesting.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, roamyn said:

*I'm sure the rebar was a nod to Dean Winchester, as they said their would be Easter Eggs to SPN.  I wonder if the hamster was another.  After all a hamster helped Crowley get the MoC off Dean's arm.  And here a hamster helped take out one of SB's guards.

This is possible since the writer for this episode was Meredith Glynn, who is a former Supernatural writer.

1 hour ago, Boadicea said:

lLoveReading said:   “I think the Russians put Solider Boy on ice because he's not too powerful and can seemingly neutralize other supes around him”

Typo.  that should have said, not only too powerful but can seemingly neutralize other supe.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

They really did the Kendal Jenner Pepsi commercial. Those mad lads:

Sad thing is, even for the world of the boys, it seemed a bit ott, but it was actually real...

I had to rewind it. I had to make sure I was seeing what I thought I seeing, just to be sure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I don't know if I'm sitting at a table of one, but Stan Edgar, in his downfall, still manages to steal the episode for me.

He definitely wins the coolest mofo on the planet award!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Holy shit, Homelander has gone full on bonkers now. RIP Supersonic Alex, I am sorry I misjudged you. You weren't traitorous, just incredibly stupid. Who didn't think A-Train would watch out for A-Train? He and Deep need to be thrown off the planet. The whole Russia segment was another level of cray cray. First Butcher getting all gooey with MM, then being a supreme a-hole to Komiko. And yeah, he takes a leeeetle too much pleasure in those powers, methinks. Hughie, too. So he's so fast he ran out of his clothes?!

I don't know where I've been, but I don't recall knowing that Komiko could heal, so I let out quite the gasp when the Russian hooker shot her in the head. Eeep! So why can't she heal from the rebar to the gut? And I wonder if that gave Jensen flashbacks? LOL! I thought there would be a little more past the scene of him being freed (since we already saw that in the trailer), but I guess next week the real escape begins. It's hilarious (and a little satisfying as a long time Jensen Ackles fan) that there were 'glitches' getting this episode to air (according to Erik Kripke). Chris Evans might have America's Ass, but Jensen's broke fucking Amazon Prime. :)

I honestly didn't think A Train was going to snitch. I thought he might of finally been fed up. I'm bummed I was wrong.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I honestly didn't think A Train was going to snitch. I thought he might of finally been fed up. I'm bummed I was wrong.

Way back when A-Train said "you never fuck with the money" told me all I needed to know about him.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Poor Supersonic, I'm sorry that I suspected you of being a bad guy, you really were well meaning but very bad at subterfuge and reading people. Every time you can almost feel for A Train, he goes and does shit like this, he will always put himself first, even as he tries to rebrand himself as an activist. He'll do anything or screw over anyone to stay with the Seven and in Homelander's good graces. Never should have trusted the Kendal Jenner of the Boys universe. That fake commercial was great, and hardly even an exaggeration of the actual one, except I bet this one wont be pulled after two days. 

Soldier Boy continues to be the shows apparent answer to Captain America, now with some Winter Soldier in there for flavor. I agree with some of the speculation that his power is being able to neutralize powers, which is great for fighting Homelander, but bad for poor Kimiko. I hope that she's alright, or face the wrath of my very angry tweets! I should have known she or Frenchie were in trouble as soon as they started talking about their last mission, come on guys, you should know that talking about retirement means instant death!

Did Hughie get super speed, or transportation powers? If he did get super speed, it is certainly interesting that both Hughie and Butcher got the powers of the supe that they have a personal grudge against. I always wondered why people got certain powers. Is it random, or is it somehow connected to them as a person, especially if they're already an adult? 

Stan might be seemingly in trouble after being betrayed by Victoria, but I think he either already has a plan worked out or all of this is part of a greater plan. As much as Homelander is going on about how he doesn't need Stan, Stan seems as in control as ever and despite getting one over on him, Homelander still hasn't physically hurt or even threatened him, I think he still has just a bit of fear towards Stan. Homelander losing more and more of his checks is a scary sight to behold. 

The theme of the episode seemed to be about control and power, interestingly creating some parallels between Homelander and Butcher again. Homelander gave a speech to Victoria about how normal people try to control people with superpowers, and while he was manipulating her it does seem to be something that upsets him, that he has been controlled by Vaught for literally his entire life, while Kimiko was angry about how Butcher treats the rest of the members of the team, treating them like pawns who he can make do things they don't want to do and not people, directly comparing him to the people who trafficked the woman in the dildo room. You also have Hughie and Butcher both taking the super serum to try and become more powerful to protect people (although it seems to be about more than that) and Victoria giving the serum to her daughter so that she can better protect herself.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Stan might be seemingly in trouble after being betrayed by Victoria, but I think he either already has a plan worked out or all of this is part of a greater plan. As much as Homelander is going on about how he doesn't need Stan, Stan seems as in control as ever and despite getting one over on him, Homelander still hasn't physically hurt or even threatened him, I think he still has just a bit of fear towards Stan. Homelander losing more and more of his checks is a scary sight to behold. 

I agree. I also think Homelander still has a bit of fear towards Stan. Homelander has threatened people for less, but somehow not Stan, in a moment where Stan is insulting the fuck out of him.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Jensen Ackles naked... I'll be in my bunk.

I love Karen Fukuhara.  She's doing an amazing job acting without speaking.  More actors should take on roles like this to stretch their nonverbal skills.

8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Stan! I did not see Victoria betraying him so completely coming. I'm still wondering if it isn't part of some larger plan.

Not sure I buy that.  His conversation with Victoria after she betrayed him looked to genuine to be part of a scam.  However, since he's a chessmaster, he probably had a contingency plan ready in case Vicky turned on him.  I'm really looking forward to finding out.

5 hours ago, Evie said:

Reminded me of William Shatner speak-singing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".  So awkward and hilarious.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, mac123x said:

Reminded me of William Shatner speak-singing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".  So awkward and hilarious.

Wish they'd let him actually sing.

• Like 5
(edited)

Holy shit Supersonic's remains were gruesome!!!! I can believe that Homelander would go there but I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I wonder how Starlight is going to feel when she finds out that Hughie took the Temp V and actually seems to be reveling in his new power.

I loved Stan and Homelander's confrontation at the end and it's awesome how he's completely unintimidated by Homelander. I truly wonder if we're going to find out that Stan has powers at some point. There has to be a reason why Homelander has never attacked him.

Yay, our first real look at Soldier Boy! I can't wait for a full episode with him and the story of what happened with him and MM's family.

13 hours ago, Bergamot said:

I think that somehow Soldier Boy's power nullifies or erases the powers of other Supes?

If that's true it could be a major bonus for when he comes up against Homelander!

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mac123x said:

His conversation with Victoria after she betrayed him looked to genuine to be part of a scam.  However, since he's a chessmaster, he probably had a contingency plan ready in case Vicky turned on him.  I'm really looking forward to finding out.

I agree with this. He seemed way too calm in the aftermath.

31 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Wish they'd let him actually sing.

Me too. Jensen has an amazing voice.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, mac123x said:

Not sure I buy that.  His conversation with Victoria after she betrayed him looked to genuine to be part of a scam.  However, since he's a chessmaster, he probably had a contingency plan ready in case Vicky turned on him.  I'm really looking forward to finding out.

I thought that too -- that the emotion Edgar showed, when she betrayed him in favor of Homelander, and afterwards when he stopped to say to her "Why?", seemed genuine. Maybe unusual for the Edgar we thought we knew, but I was already wondering about his fatherly relationship with Victoria. She seems to be the only one who brings out his human side. Anyway, I don't think what Victoria did was something Edgar had planned; I felt as if it caught him off guard. Which of course is not to say that he didn't have, as you say, a contingency plan ready.

I liked that we saw a different side of Edgar in his interactions with Victoria and her daughter. Not that he acted totally out of character with her, of course -- he was still Edgar . I liked the moment where he says, "Can't I stop by to see you on a whim?", and Victoria immediately answers, "You never do anything on a whim".

Another favorite Edgar moment of mine was when he assured Homelander that he was not blaming Victoria for what she did (and again he seemed genuine in this), because he had taught her to always "play all sides". He then adds approvingly, "She's more like me than I ever imagined". This made me laugh, the way he was like, "I'm so proud of my little girl; she was ready and willing to stab me in the back, just like I taught her! " LOL!

So definitely not a normal father/daughter relationship there! Also interesting was Victoria's answer when he asked her why: "All these years you weren't protecting me. I was protecting you." I guess the implication here is that Victoria realized that Edgar had served as her guardian/father in order to make use of her, although it isn't clear when exactly she came to this realization. I don't know, maybe she had known it all along.

I am also looking forward to seeing what happens with Edgar!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Evie said:

After watching that, I feel it necessary to apologize for every bad thing I ever said about Debbie Harry's rap skills.

Edgar's always been the greatest threat to Homelander, I'm a little surprised he got outflanked....for now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3