Type keyword(s) to search

Moonhaven - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Moonhaven, a 6 episode SciFi drama series, will premiere it's first two episodes on July 7 on AMC+.
moonhaven.jpg

FU3Z00JXoAQyeb4?format=jpg&name=large

This story takes place 100 years in the future at a 500 square mile Utopian community called Moonhaven located on the Moon. 
FUC6VJIWYAAl2uS?format=jpg&name=large
FU3Z1rUXoAIDcb2?format=jpg&name=large
FU5zv8OWAAIT4e4?format=jpg&name=medium

This Garden of Eden-like research center seems like a paradise as they work on solutions to all the problems that might soon put an end to the entire civilization on Earth, like global warming and social, economic and racial disharmony.
FS3NrHDWAAEQVFk?format=jpg&name=medium

When Bella Sway, a lunar space smuggler, gets marooned on Moonhaven, she and a local detective, Paul Serno get pulled into a conspiracy to gain control of the artificial intelligence responsible for creating the Moonhaven miracles. The fate of Earth depends on the outcome.
AMC+'s+Moonhaven+might+be+the+premium+ne

Emma McDonald as Bella Sway, a veteran of the Tremendous War, a lunar cargo pilot and smuggler, she finds herself drawn into a conspiracy. 
moonhaven-dominic-monaghan-1536x727.jpg

Dominic Monaghan as Paul Serno, a detective in a Utopian community of Moonhaven. 

Kadeem Hardison as Arlo, a fellow detective in the Utopian community of Moonhaven, partner to Paul Serno. 

Ayelet Zurer as Maite Voss, the political leader of Moonhaven. Chosen and beloved by its citizens, Maite embodies the lunar mission to save humanity from self-destruction. 

Yazzmin Newell as Sonda Crux, second in command to Moonhaven’s political leader Maite Voss.
MH_106_SL_2311_0007_RT.jpg

Joe Manganiello as Tomm Schultz, an ex-military right hand man to the leading Earth diplomat to the moon. Tomm has been given a mind-altering drug.

moonhaven-amara-karan-1536x725.jpg

Amara Karan as Indira Mare, Envoy of IO, the vast and ever-present AI that keeps Moonhaven running.

• Love 1

S01.E01: The Pilot

MH_101_SL_2009_0039_RT.jpg
A murder on Moonhaven puts Earth’s last hope in jeopardy. During what should be a routine cargo loop to the Moon, pilot Bella Sway finds herself the subject of detective Paul Sarno’s investigation.

Original Airdate: July 7, 2022

S01.E02: The Detective

Original Airdate: July 7, 2022

Spoiler

Bella wants to get back to Earth, but must wait for Paul and Arlo to untangle a knot.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2022 at 8:42 PM, Tachi Rocinante said:

I'm going to check this out, but, seriously, Bella Sway?

Are the writers that frakkin lazy?

The first character we see is named Chill and Chill’s sister is Asus. The cop’s wife is Lone. I’d say a resounding yes, that frakkin lazy.

I imagine a writer sitting at his laptop (gee, I wonder what brand) putting in placeholder words until he comes up with better names for the characters, but then accidentally turning in that draft. 😂

• Like 2

S01.E04: Mada

On the brink of The Bridge, Paul prepares for some difficult goodbyes.

Original Airdate: July 21, 2022

Amarna Karan as Indira Mare,    Emma McDonald as Bella Sway,     

Dominic Monaghan as Paul Sarno,     Kadeem Hardison as ArloFUvm6VKUUAE8k97?format=jpg&name=medium

I actually like this.

Re the names:  It's woo woo world. Of course they have woo woo names. The language they have created is woo woo language.  They are a separate society supposedly created to return to Earth and teach people on Earth to be better. I think people on Earth are not going to take well to woo woo world and it's practices and language. But alone, I think the language is poetic. It's just not organically created IMO. I think the first or second generation had this imposed on them. Can you imagine the eyerolling when folks were first told that bodies aren't to be called 'dead'. They are gonesouls. Just like we don't particularly care to have our language changed from without ourselves by the well intentioned I imagine that did not go over easy either. That IO thing probably helped it along. 

Speaking of, IOS is the Apple operating system, right?  Wouldn't it be funny (notfunny) if this whole thing was imposed on the folks of Earth by future Apple Inc.?  That would be scarier than anything an alien would do IMO.

I am a contrarian by nature and hate being told what to think say or do arbitrarily. I would not last long in that world. However it is pretty and the language is musical. It's all shady as hell but it's a lovely shady. They would get rid of me right away though because I would by nature have to do it all wrong just because. I'm not a joiner or a follower. It makes my skin itch.

Enjoying it so far. We'll see how it goes.