Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Dancing For Your Life

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I just watched the preview trailer at the start of episode 1 and in the sequence where they flash through the girls getting called into the office, I'm pretty sure Danielle and Brittney S are in that montage. I had to actually go slo mo to see it....but I've gotten girls wrong before. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Danielle , Britney , Paige , Hannah and Veronica

I still wondering why Mallory made it into training camp , her solo was cIearly  bad based on what kelli said and her solo outfit was pink jeans and denim vest wtf ?? also wasn't impressed by what they she showed of her on the field  and i thought Taylor who was the girl that said she drives a truck but couldn't drive bec she was wearing heels and a dress had the same look as mallory and  was way better IMO they should have picked her over Mallory . I never thought Charlotte opinion mattered that much based on season 5 she hated Anna Luxx so much but she still made it back but maybe they picked Mallory  bec Charlotte said she'll be a good camp candidate

Hello there - am a long time lurker on this site. I'm so happy the show is back - thanks CMT! And thank you for all your posts, ladies (and gentlemen?), I have learned a lot.

Yes, I was surprised about Taylor - attractive, a real DCC look, the show featured her great dancing and she took prep classes with Kitty, along with Mary and others. I think she auditioned last year. I wonder why she wasn't picked for TC. I notice from Twitter that her job is a model on racetracks. Do K and J prefer office jobs/ dance jobs etc? I can't think of many models on the team and I remember them telling Danielle that she shouldn't do waitressing etc as there was too much contact with the public...Taylor says on twitter she's coming back next year - hope she makes it to TC at least...

• Love 1

I've also been watching season 8 again - and noticed Breelan there.... Also Ashley P's v nice blue and green Season 9 prelims and semis audition outfit is also worn by Abby Camille to prelims and semis in season 8 - clearly a lucky outfit. And poor Kelli Quinn. On the opener to season eight, episode 1, K is looking through a pile of photos and resumes - and the one we see her stop at is Kelli Q, just as she does in the Season 9 opener. CMT clearly thought Kelli Q was worth featuring...even if K and J didn't take her forward. Agree with the poster above, Kelli Q is a beautiful dancer....glad she got on another team .

Hello there - am a long time lurker on this site. I'm so happy the show is back - thanks CMT! And thank you for all your posts, ladies (and gentlemen?), I have learned a lot.

Yes, I was surprised about Taylor - attractive, a real DCC look, the show featured her great dancing and she took prep classes with Kitty, along with Mary and others. I think she auditioned last year. I wonder why she wasn't picked for TC. I notice from Twitter that her job is a model on racetracks. Do K and J prefer office jobs/ dance jobs etc? I can't think of many models on the team and I remember them telling Danielle that she shouldn't do waitressing etc as there was too much contact with the public...Taylor says on twitter she's coming back next year - hope she makes it to TC at least...

what's taylor's twitter handle ?

Danielle , Britney , Paige , Hannah and Veronica

Kelli  says "You're not top 36 " to one of them.  Wonder if it's a vet or a rookie TCC.

I agree about Kelli Q; she should have at least made it to TC.  They showed her crying after K&J were done announcing the TCCs.

Thanks @moonpie , I agree @MrsEVH also when she showed kelli in the 1st meeting saying if you have a conflict goodbye and at the end of the montage you can see K&J in the office saying she scares me , maybe someone gets into a fight , that would be gr8 tv thats my crackpot theory of the season i don't know why that's the 1st thing if thought of when i saw the montage

Edited by mmm

Yes it was sad when Kelli Q was crying. I think the posters above were right when they said it must be her look (too blonde hair) - as she has the dance technique and the figure and she really wants to be a DCC. But if it is only her look, that kinda throws into question all the fuss K and J make over the makeover episodes - which are presented to us viewers as magical transformations. K implies that the DCC makeover is amazing - but if it can't sort out hair colour (Kelli) or flat hair and make up (Shannon from Pittsburgh)...well, perhaps it's not all that...and if it were so great, then there never would have been that bizarre discussion about Erica's hair. Agree with everybody - Melissa made very sensible points in the Erica hair debate, thank goodness for her!

I think Taylor was on the bubble.  She's a good dancer, but from what I saw, not great.  She lacked power and clean lines on the field, from what I saw.  I wondered about her job too.  Is a monster truck model someone who walks around in Daisy Dukes and a bikini top like in MMA or boxing?  I could see K & J not going for that.  They had Taylor placed next to Christina in finals, and comparing the two, Christina was a better performer of DCC material, but 

I can see why C doesn't make it through training camp.  She's such a different style of dancer, and so grounded in ballet that she must have struggled with the sharper and funkier moves.

I don't know why Mallory made it to TC, either.  What they showed of her dancing wasn't that impressive, including on the big board, but maybe they liked that she was a sweet country girl who likes to hunt.  

Kelli Q is a gorgeous dancer with a great figure, but I totally disagree with Kitty about her look.  I think Amelia is adorable, and definitely cuter than Kelli.  I think she could look much better with a less brassy dye job and more carefully applied makeup, but until I saw her dance this season, I never even wondered why she got cut in the past, as I do not really like her look.  That said, I'm glad she did make a team!  Me not liking someone's appearance of course doesn't mean I don't want them to succeed, and I certainly admire her talents.  Plus, according to Kitty, she's very smart.  So she has everything going for her that really counts.  Kudos to her for not giving up.

I think the trouble with Kelli Q is that she's too skinny , Her head looks to big for her body she looks out of proportion and maybe the hair color but other than that she's super cute !

I wonder if it was to Loren, the fan vote winner?

I Don't think it's loren , the people called into the office in the promo were Hannah , Veronica , Christina and Alexandra

I Don't think it's loren , the people called into the office in the promo were Hannah , Veronica , Christina and Alexandra

They showed a scene were Loren is in the office and Kelli asks her if she has hair shock so maybe she didn't like her new hair color. I believe that there's some TCCs who don't care for their makeovers ( ex: Taylor from 2 or 3 seasons ago ).

They showed a scene were Loren is in the office and Kelli asks her if she has hair shock so maybe she didn't like her new hair color. I believe that there's some TCCs who don't care for their makeovers ( ex: Taylor from 2 or 3 seasons ago ).

yeah i meant in the promo of the next ep not the whole season

Thank you for points on M1977G on Taylor - and you're right, the outfits Taylor's twitter shows the Traxx models wearing might not please K and J - although they do contain slightly more material than the DCC uniform.....

I am very pleased CMT cut the 'candidates stick on and discuss their numbers' section from Ep 1, it seemed such a waste of time (i know it is in the extras, hope never to come back). And not surprised The Soup picked on the 'scoring system' - in some series, Kelli does explain how she devised 'yes, no, maybe' at astonishing length...

What I never realised until I found you all on TWOP is how many girls auditioning are members of the Mavs, TSDs, TLDs etc. Such info was so often missed off when a girl's history was given - as in the case of Courtney in Season 8 when it was all about Broadway and Bring it On, no mention of TLDs. K and J seem to mention non Texas teams - NY Jets Flightcrew, Laker Girls only. Do they not like the Texas teams?

Please do correct me if I am wrong but ep 2 of series 9 seemed to be the first mention of a candidate being in the Mavs - when K and J declared that one girl was too punchy in her dance and that might be her Mavs basketball training...

Do they not like the Texas teams?

Please do correct me if I am wrong but ep 2 of series 9 seemed to be the first mention of a candidate being in the Mavs - when K and J declared that one girl was too punchy in her dance and that might be her Mavs basketball training

They might have had a problem with mavs Because the choreographer of the mavs of 19 years was lied about being a DCC when she was young , i mean Michelle keys , jordon Beaum , the trivino sister , Kim nicole and Kali nicole was a co-choreographer for the mavs for GOD sake and they never mentioned it !

About Loren she never got any air time in the first ep expect in the good dancing montage  preliminary  

They might have had a problem with mavs Because the choreographer of the mavs of 19 years was lied about being a DCC when she was young , i mean Michelle keys , jordon Beaum , the trivino sister , Kim nicole and Kali nicole was a co-choreographer for the mavs for GOD sake and they never mentioned it !

About Loren she never got any air time in the first ep expect in the good dancing montage  preliminary  

Don't forget Nicole Hamilton, Justine Phillips, Kandi Harris, Sunni Cranfill  were also former Mavs dancers.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

As soon as the cameras were in front of Taylor, she starts talking and ended up being a large part of the episode.  I so don't like her and was happy to see her cut.  Again. sorry to all those who like her. And now Vivian is doing the same.  The girls can say no to being interviewed. 

I missed that. How do they place them in finals and where do they show that?

When solos began, Kelli announced starting off with #1, Jennifer Kathryne.

We assume the best dancer gets to go first, usually someone who has been around for a while. Past #1s include Trisha Trevino, Nicole Hamilon, Jusine Phillips, etc.

I missed that. How do they place them in finals and where do they show that?

Kelli said when the girls were on the big screen before the started the kick line that they place girls by similair looks next to each other blondes next to blondes , brunettes so they take next of each look ! like they put short blondes next to each other , and if look a jasmines row there were three black tall girls in a row , and they placed annell the Indian tcc next Jessica Alison the vet .

As soon as the cameras were in front of Taylor, she starts talking and ended up being a large part of the episode.  I so don't like her and was happy to see her cut.  Again. sorry to all those who like her. And now Vivian is doing the same.  The girls can say no to being interviewed. 

Taylor had 30 secs of air time in the ep i think you thinking of someone else maybe you thought of shannon from phili i didn't like her either , i meant Taylor the girl who get asked in the interview tells a fun fact about you she said she drives a truck and couldn't drive it today bec she was wearing heels and a dress other than that you see her for 2 secs showing kitty her solo she was wearing all white but other than that she didn't get any airtime at all !

Edited by mmm

I meant Morgan. Why did I write Taylor?

Also, what was the point of Kitty clawing Calia's leg other than to hurt her? Watch that scene. I've seen it over and over. Kitty either wanted to hurt her or touch her leg. Seriously.

I meant Morgan. Why did I write Taylor?

Also, what was the point of Kitty clawing Calia's leg other than to hurt her? Watch that scene. I've seen it over and over. Kitty either wanted to hurt her or touch her leg. Seriously.

We were talking about Taylor , I didn't like Caila from what i've seen of her per filmed and dancing , she seems super immature , Kitty did that bec she missed the first 4 counts that's crazy that's an automatic no !!

Edited by mmm

Calia reminds me of Abigail Klein, young and very pretty.   Dancing was secondary.

i think there a huge difference , Abigail was on showgroup she was considered the face of dcc at some point i don't see caila getting this far

I'm also mystified by the Kitty clawing thing.  When the camera showed Kitty later saying, "I mean, good grief!  Why did I have to do that?" I laughed, because that is exactly my question about Kitty half of the time.  Kudos to Caila for not crying or clawing her back.  

I don't understand why she would need to CLAW the girl in any case.  If she saw her doing something wrong, by all means, give correction.  If you feel you need to lay hands on her to make that correction, I will even give a pass on that.  But why in the name of all that is holy would you need to dig your nails into a dancer's leg to give correction on her technique?!

Vivian confirmed on Twitter she will be auditioning for the Ice Angels this weekend. Sure hope she makes it because she wants to be on a team so bad. Wonder why she didn't audition for the DS ice girls or the Texas Legends dancers.

Agree, Mrs EVH. Also I saw on twitter that Vivian said her solo was 'a dance about what was going on in my personal life'

Caila - again, lots about how she was a junior dcc but no mention of being a TLDancer. As someone pointed out above, Mallory etc didn't list it on profiles. if it wasn't for Mrs EVH listing them, I'd have no idea that so many finalists had been on other Texas teams.

if it wasn't for Mrs EVH listing them, I'd have no idea that so many finalists had been on other Texas teams.

Me either!  I would think that it would be a boost for the organization, giving credence to their claim that professional dancers on other teams regard DCC as the "best of the best," but I also would think that a dance show would want to highlight the dance backgrounds and professional experience of the TCCs and DCCs.  Among other things, people watch a dance show because they are interested in dancers and dancing.  Or at least, that's my take.  I suppose that is where Mrs EVH comes in!  Even though the show is doing a decent job of introducing us to TCCs so far, we still haven't gotten much on their dance backgrounds (aside from Caila being "groomed" to be a DCC, with no mention of having been a TLD).  I would really love to have heard Melissa or Erica talking at least a little about how/where they got their incredible dance training.  I'm glad to know other things about them, but seriously, I don't understand why a show about one of the best professional dance teams doesn't showcase the dance backgrounds of its best dancers.  

I saw on twitter that Vivian said her solo was 'a dance about what was going on in my personal life'

My initial response was to roll my eyes (I think I maybe said "vomit" out loud), but actually I now think this is sad.  I've become something of a Vivian "hater" this season (just using the lingo, I don't actually hate the girl!), so it took me a second to have a more humane thought.  If this is a reflection of her personal life, then she must have been something of an emotional mess, and the angsty, overly dramatic quality of the presentation was less an affect than I thought.  It also might suggest why she was so unwilling to change the dance after Kitty warned her about it.  That solo communicates a degree of desperation and pain, but I'm not sure if it's desperation to become a DCC, or a more general desire to be admired and accepted by others.  I think that a lot of Vivian's ambition to be on a team has to do with needing validation from others, which is a very human desire but can derail us if not kept in check.  I sensed that last year in her, but I didn't see that it was making her act like such a diva in front of the cameras.  I'm trying to bring some compassion to my responses to her this year, but I looked at her Twitter page for the first time this week, and that makes it harder.  

• Love 1

IMO the only reason Vivian picked that style is bec they to likes Ballet or lyrical dancers the best , Also judy completely disregards HipHop dancers even thought that's what Dcc does 

Caila - again, lots about how she was a junior dcc but no mention of being a TLDancer. As someone pointed out above, Mallory etc didn't list it on profiles. if it wasn't for Mrs EVH listing them, I'd have no idea that so many finalists had been on other Texas teams.

If I'm not mistaken Caila wasn't a TLD. She just turned 19 at the end of July so she wouldn't have been old enough to audition for most of the teams last season. She was on the Texas Star Dancers last year with Ashley Michelle and Emily Huge Eyes™.

Most of the girls (Except this year) who make it to training camp have been on at least a college team.

Does anybody know where can I watch tonight's episode after it airs? My TV broke so I really don't wanna wait until like Sunday or something to watch when the episode is posted on CMT website.

Okay, have I been looking at the same Caila? To me, her looks are , umm, very unfortunate. Bless her heart.

i think she's pretty , she's no Abigail Klein then no is !

Does anybody know where can I watch tonight's episode after it airs? My TV broke so I really don't wanna wait until like Sunday or something to watch when the episode is posted on CMT website.

i can send you a link but it will be a couple of hours after it airs

Edited by mmm

Are you talking about Shella Sattler? She's been gone for awhile. Mallory Mills is the current director of the Mavs. Rumor has it Shella never choreographed anything, but took all the credit. 

I was re-watching season 3 and i noticed a lot of the vets were wearing lingerie for there solos , i wonder if said what to them if she's calling Kelsey's outfit stiper like?

i've noticed in general has gotten more strict over the years 

Has anyone found where we can watch the solos in full?  I'd really like to see some of the better ones like Melissa's (red-and-black outfit who did a really awesome "butterfly"-type jump and hand the foot-on-head thing), Jennifer's (who started the whole thing off), etc.  I would also like to know how Kelly and Judy decide the order of the solos, at least for the veterans, and do they include the other new girls in that order or just assign the girls just in off semis random numbers in among the vetarns, like veteran/rookie/veteran/rookie or any combination thereof.  

I had a thought - do those candidates who are almost chosen for Training Camp but just miss out, are they given any feedback on how they can improve their chances next season? I really liked Shannon from Pittsburg and think she'd be a terrific DCC with a makeover. She was genuine and sweet. I think she'd have made Training Camp if she hadn't messed up on the kick line both times. Anyway, just wondering.